PDA

View Full Version : "I am magnificence in human form."

Ze
06-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Okay, so I've noticed that some of us guys have been hurting lately. All for different reasons, I know, but I can still count myself among you.

Call me corny, but check this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phL0RLKL8bc) out. Yes yes, I know it's about "The Secret" and I know it's terribly overdone anymore and has gone the way of the yuppie, but take a look at it anyway. I've watched it several times in the past few days and I've suddenly figured out my life goals:

1. Come out to my parents. (After that, it's all gravy to me.)

2. Get my doctorate.

3. Become a completely open trans professor so that all the little trans kids have a positive role model to look up to and have a mentor they know they can always rely on.

4. Get published somewhere amongst all that.

And now I feel good. Maybe it'll help you, too.

Ze out.

DizzyRose
06-26-2009, 11:24 PM
I've always thought those motivational type video things were a bit lame XD I guess that one was a bit calming, but generally I prefer to just look at what I feel is possible in my life currently and strive to achieve that, temporarily holding off more long-term goals and not really dwelling on them until I feel they would be possible for me to go for. I think it's great that you'd like to help other trans-people though. Despite being a trans-girl myself, I have actually never really even met anyone else like me (or vice-versa). One of the reasons I joined this forum actually. :)

ZenFrost
06-27-2009, 11:56 AM
I think I'm allergic to the power of positive thinking. I'm not bitterly pessimistic, but that kind of thing just isn't for me.

If it helped you though that's good.

TxKimberly
06-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Hah! You know what strikes me the most here? Your casual assertion that you get your PHD and become a professor. I think that is SO awesome and shows so much confidence. I think that's great and would love to see you acheive your goals. Good luck my friend. :)

Ze
06-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Pfft...y'all are beneath me! (Joke.) :hugs:

Nah, sorry. I'm actually feeling sheepish after making this thread. I'm a terrible insomniac and some nights I get a bit...existential. I haven't slept in three days, so yeah...that's where I am right now. :doh:

Does wonders for my writing, though. :D

Alana65
06-27-2009, 04:41 PM
You are magnificent. ;) :heehee:

4serrus
06-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Re: "The SEKRIT" Buddha did it first.

Yeah, sorry. I am irreverant. I'm glad you feel awesome about yourself. :P I, unfortunately, am incapable of taking things like that seriously.

Ze
06-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Was it an origination from Buddha? I've been wanting to look more into his teachings.

Alice B
06-27-2009, 05:27 PM
I enjoyed the video and wish you all the success in the world on reaching your goals. I had a teacher long ago tell me to shoot as high as possible in reaching your goals. Even if you don't make it to the top of your list, you will still be far ahead of everyone else. And, you know what - it works.

4serrus
06-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Was it an origination from Buddha? I've been wanting to look more into his teachings.

It is called a Mantra. Basically you tell yourself something over and over again until you actually believe it. Suppossed to promote positive thinking. In other words, exactly like TEH SEKRIT.

Ze
06-27-2009, 05:40 PM
It is called a Mantra. Basically you tell yourself something over and over again until you actually believe it. Suppossed to promote positive thinking. In other words, exactly like TEH SEKRIT.

Oh yeah, I know all about Mantras. :tongueout I actually started using parts of this video as a prototype for a new one.

I've honestly never read The Secret, so I don't know if Buddha's actually mentioned in it or not. It'd be very, very sad if he weren't; as if the book's all new ideas.

SirTrey
06-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Pfft...y'all are beneath me! (Joke.) :hugs:

Nah, sorry. I'm actually feeling sheepish after making this thread. I'm a terrible insomniac and some nights I get a bit...existential. I haven't slept in three days, so yeah...that's where I am right now. :doh:

Does wonders for my writing, though. :D

Hey, don't feel sheepish....I thought it was a great thread and very good post...I am with Zen, I am a pessimist, too....but I think optimists are GREAT...I wish I weren't so jaded that I could actually BE one....and I'm glad you are...and the video was good, actually...It did pick Me up for a minute, lol...it won't last, but, hey, I will take what I can get.....:drink:

Ze
06-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Hey, don't feel sheepish....I thought it was a great thread and very good post...I am with Zen, I am a pessimist, too....but I think optimists are GREAT...I wish I weren't so jaded that I could actually BE one....and I'm glad you are...and the video was good, actually...It did pick Me up for a minute, lol...it won't last, but, hey, I will take what I can get.....:drink:

Thanks. :heehee:

I actually was always a pessimist, but now I guess I'm going in the opposite direction and feeling terribly gleeful about it. :P