PDA

View Full Version : Did your mother want a girl?

PEACHES MARIE
06-26-2009, 11:45 PM
During your childhood has your mother ever encouraged you to cross dress - such as by putting you in a dress, let you play with her high heels, apply lipstick on you, tell you what your name would be if born a girl, etc. - wanting you to be feminine without you even noticing at the time.

Angie G
06-26-2009, 11:58 PM
I wich.:hugs:
Angie

boy2girl31
06-27-2009, 12:07 AM
I am with angie I wish my mom encouraged it. But I guess as she seemed to get along with my sisters more than me that might have been why I started so in a way she did encourage it.

frederica13
06-27-2009, 12:17 AM
My mom always talked about how much she wanted a girl. Although when she found out later she didn't seem to want that girl to be me haha.

2B Natasha
06-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Yep. My mother always wanted a girl or girls. Tried three times. Three boys. Says she gave up when I was born as I was he biggest. Growing up she made no secret to the fact that she wanted girls. Still doesn't when asked. She never pretended that any of us where girls though. Except for those damn ugly baptismal get ups. YUK

Now she thinks she is in 7th heaven as both my brothers have girls. But. In a corrupt wish sort of way. I have the sole son out of us three. I am the only one living in the near vicinity IE the same state and I think my son's love of life and all things outdoors is more in tune with how she is.

Fate is a fickle and cruel mistress.

Carrie R
06-27-2009, 12:46 AM
My mother never mentioned she wanted a girl. She had three boys, of which I am the youngest. She also got 2 crossdressers...

Nicole Erin
06-27-2009, 01:09 AM
My dad was hoping I would have been born a girl.
My name would have been Nicole

MissConstrued
06-27-2009, 03:05 AM
During your childhood has your mother ever encouraged you to cross dress -

If she had, I'd probably have hated it, and to this day. I was always a rebellious little bugger.

shesadvl
06-27-2009, 03:15 AM
If she had, I'd probably have hated it, and to this day. I was always a rebellious little bugger.

:lol: :lol2: :devil: amen..... I like your style...you crack me up....:heehee:

Gabrielle Hermosa
06-27-2009, 05:42 AM
During your childhood has your mother ever encouraged you to cross dress - such as by putting you in a dress, let you play with her high heels, apply lipstick on you, tell you what your name would be if born a girl, etc. - wanting you to be feminine without you even noticing at the time.

I WISH it could have been like that. It was nothing of the sort for me.

Instead, I ended up getting busted (http://www.mycdlife.com/2009/04/getting-busted-and-learning-to-hate-myself) by my mother at a pretty young age. She caught me wearing one of her skirts. It was a terribly embarrassing and traumatic experience. Needless to say, she was not happy with me that night. Her negative reaction and the embarrassment of it all ended up causing me to hate myself for many years.

TommiTN
06-27-2009, 06:11 AM
Yes, my mom admitted that she hoped I, her 1st born, would be a girl, and that she was disappointed when I came out male. She told me this when she found out I wore her things from time to time. She also blamed herself for my tendencies because she dressed me as a little girl when I was a toddler, complete with bows in my hair. She was happy when people who didn't know commented that I was "such a cute little girl". Looking back on it, she didn't seem to be all that upset when she found out about my crossdresssing. Her anger seemed almost a feint, sort of a "well, I suppose I should be angry about this" sort of reaction. As a child I was much more comfortable in the company of females, preferred playing girls' games, playing with Barbie dolls (I dressed Ken in Barbie's undies a few times :D) and it wasn't until peer pressure in the form of teasing and a few fights that I stopped and began to play with "male" toys (cars, guns, football, etc.)

Deborah Jane
06-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Picks up phone and rings..........

Hi mum, it's me, i've got a question

Hello D****, what's the problem?

Did you want a girl before i was born?

Now you mention it, yes i did

I've got some good news and some bad news then

At this point the phone went dead!!!

Danielle Gee
06-27-2009, 06:36 AM
My Mom & Dad never overtly said they'd prefer a girl, but they tolerated my older Sister dressing me up several times a week, They even called me "Melissa" which my Sister called me. One Christmas I got a frilly pair of panties ( Mom & Dad said "It's a gag gift")

nancyish
06-27-2009, 06:46 AM
I'm a little off base but my sisters always called me one of their sisters.They never dressed me but always included me in conversations,games and showered me with affection.My dad was very mean to them and lax with my brothers,i would side with my sisters(so begins the saga).PS i'm still one of the sisters.Love Nancy

Chari
06-27-2009, 07:06 AM
Absolutely mother wanted me to be a girl! About 4 years old, she thought I was always too naughty & dressed me in my older sisters clothes, put ribbons in my long hair, polished my nails & insisted I help her do housework -wash/dry dishes, laundry, ironing, scrub floors, dust funiture, etc & I became her "sissymaid"! In my preteen years she bought me complete girl outfits with full slips, panties, stockings, training bras, earrings, high heels, & demanded I wear this attire with a frilly apron whenever I did my chores. It was a very confusing, humiliating time for me.

Lora Olivia
06-27-2009, 07:13 AM
My mother always said that she wanted me to be a girl. 10 year older sister also wanted a sister, she already had 3 brothers. Being the youngest in the family I also learned to cook, do laundry, sewing and knitting at the hem of Mom's apron. Since I really didn't comeout to myself until a few years ago, she never got to meet me, but I am certain she would have loved me.

Margaret
06-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Mum often said that had I been born a girl, I would have been called Marie-Louise. However she always affirmed that that I was wanted and loved.
I don't feel she ever knew I had a passion for the feminine...

Briana Blonde
06-27-2009, 07:25 AM
<--- Member of the I wish chorus.

Crossdressing is NOT caused by the Mother wishing she had a girl. That is a myth.

Marisa_M
06-27-2009, 08:03 AM

I know my mother wanted a girl but she never encouraged me to cross dress. I'm quite sure she knew I used to wear all her stuff but never said a word about it.:sad:

Barbara918
06-27-2009, 08:27 AM
I can think of only one day when my mom may have wished I'd been a girl. Keep in mind, my mother wasn't exactly aware of my cd'ing, and you may temporarily ignore same.

It was autumn of 1984, about a year before my mom died. She had been home 2 days after a hospital stay -- she'd had a mastectomy. Quite a few years earlier, she had stopped wearing bras. Now she's in a catch-22: can't leave the house to buy a bra until she gets a bra.

At the time, as now, I worked out of the home. I was in my office; peripherally I saw her standing in my doorway. She asked, "Could you please do me a really big favor?"

Not knowing what she wanted, my first thought was, of course I'll do her a favor -- this is my mom, I love her, she just got out of the hospital, what could she possibly ask me to do that would make me reluctant to comply? She explained her predicament and said, "Could you please go to Woolworth's and buy me a brassiere?" (Note: my mother was about ten years older than my peers' mothers -- in her mind, this item is not a "bra," it's a "brassiere".)

She seemed a bit startled by my reaction. I said "Sure. No problem." "You're sure you don't mind?" "Not at all. What size do you need?" "Um, 36C." "Got it. I'll be back in 15 minutes."

Clearly, she was more embarrassed about this than I was -- what woman sends her son on such an errand, other than maybe Peg Bundy? (Things would have been so much easier on her had I been her daughter.) Once again she asked "You really don't mind?"

Okay, now I'm trying to come up with every reason I can, sensible or not, why I'm okay with this.
"Mom, how many years have you bought underwear for me?" "Yes, but,..."
"Mom, salesclerks are there to sell stuff. They don't give a damn who buys it." "Yes, but,..."
"Mom, you said 36C, right? Well look at me. Do I look like a 36? [I was closer to a 46.] They're not gonna think it's for me." "Yes, but,..."
"Mom, you want me to go to Woolworth's and buy a plain, simple, inexpensive, white cotton bra, right? Well, what self-respecting transvestite would be caught dead in something so mundane? They're not gonna think it's for me!" [I don't think she'd ever heard the word "transvestite" before, but she got the idea.] "Yes, but,..."
Finally, I said, "Mom, it's okay. I'm sure nobody's gonna say anything, but on the off chance that someone asks, and if it's okay with you, I'll tell the truth. You haven't worn a bra in years, you just had a mastectomy, and there was no one else that you could send on this mission of mercy. Okay?" She sighed, handed me the money, and kissed me on the cheek, and I was on my way.

Woolworth's was only about 3 blocks away; I went in, bought a couple of bras, and started home without incident. Along the way home was a newsstand where I frequently went to buy the newest puzzle magazines. This day was no exception; I bought a magazine and slipped it into the same paper bag with Mom's bras.

I got back home; Mom was still apologizing. "Mom, stop. Everything's okay. Nobody even looked twice. Here are your bras, here's your change. I have to get back to work."

As I was walking back to my office, she saw that the bag wasn't empty -- there was something flat and rectangular inside. "Did you buy something else?"

I looked at the bag and said, "Uh, yeah. I figured as long as I was there, I'd get myself a pair of pantyhose."

Big smile, big hug.

Stockingstopgirl
06-27-2009, 08:41 AM
My mother wanted a girl and took some sort of medicine that gave girl babies lovley curley hair. Yes I have curley hair but not a full time girl bu have my hair cut chort as I hated the curls

Ellen James
06-27-2009, 08:59 AM
I don't remember my Mother ever dressing any of us boys up as girls, though she did make some of our clothes at home. However, she did admit that she had planned on having all daughters so that she could make clothes for them! :straightface:

MissConstrued
06-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Absolutely mother wanted me to be a girl! About 4 years old, she thought I was always too naughty & dressed me in my older sisters clothes, put ribbons in my long hair, polished my nails & insisted I help her do housework -wash/dry dishes, laundry, ironing, scrub floors, dust funiture, etc & I became her "sissymaid"! In my preteen years she bought me complete girl outfits with full slips, panties, stockings, training bras, earrings, high heels, & demanded I wear this attire with a frilly apron whenever I did my chores. It was a very confusing, humiliating time for me.

:brolleyes:

Noxvictum
06-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Never asked, really. I've got a twin sister. Though Mom's favorite joke use to be that Kiera was supposed to be a boy and I was supposed to be a girl. Though hearing that again after all these years, it does sound a bit suspect... Of course Mom did use to paint my nails. And told me I was doomed from the start... Hmm

linnea
06-27-2009, 10:24 AM
My mother never said that she had wanted ME to be a girl, but she said that she had wanted a girl and she told me what my name would have been if I had been a girl (Elizabeth).
When I was very young, she would take me with her when she shopped for clothes. We went to department stores and she would sort through the racks of dresses and skirts, etc.
Then she would try things on. She often took me into the dressing room with her and she would ask what I thought of her selection as she modelled it for me.
On a couple of occasions, she brought a girl's dress or other outfit with her and she tried it on me. But she never bought any of these. She would make a few comments about how I looked in the outfit and then have me take it off and put on my boy clothes.
Probably the most odd thing that she did was to buy me girls' panties which I wore all the time until I started junior high (seventh grade). The weren't lacy, ruffly ones, and I don't recall them being tricot or nylon or silky. But they were girls' and they came in girly colors and sometimes had girly prints.
When I started junior high, I also started buying my own clothes and at that time my mom gave me instruction about what kind of underwear to purchase. She told me to get "tidy whiteys," jockey shorts. She explained that boys in junior high wore that kind; I didn't really think much about it. I had started crossdressing on a very limited basis by the time I was seven, and this was just another chapter in that book for me.

Staciej
06-27-2009, 10:28 AM
yes ! and she finaly has one.........=)

LisaM
06-27-2009, 10:47 AM
My mother did want a daughter---it took he 6 children to get there. Interestingly, she always asked if she could dress me as a girl for Halloween and I only accepted once.

Laura_Stephens
06-27-2009, 11:23 AM
My mom's first was a boy. I was the 2nd born. She told me more times than I can remember what my name would have been had I been born a girl. I very much got the impression that she would have preferred a girl rather than me. Maybe she got her wish anyway.

gwen cd
06-27-2009, 12:42 PM
My father actualy wanted a girl but then I popped out and he has held that againsted me since then.
2 boys and my mom called it quits.

How about this:
"hey dad you know you always wanted a daughter right.
"YES"
"WEll TA DA"
Na' don't want to give the old timer a heart attack.

Edyta_C
06-27-2009, 12:57 PM
I was the first born and my Mom had been hoping for a girl. She was very disappointed. She did dress in girls clothes until about 5 yrs old. I always had long hair, which my Mom curled. I loved the hair and was crushed when it was cut. My brother was born ( at my age five). he was handicapped. My parents felt that their crossdressing of me might be a curse. Suddenly I was forced to start wearing boys clothes, and have my hair cut. I had a number of girl friends in the neighborhood. I do think that they sort of knew I was different (maybe not a girl). They did accept me and we had alot of fun with jacks, dolls etc. One girl that lived near by me ran away with me (yes at nearly age 6). She lent me her clothes and we escaped for nearly eight hours. Most of the time we were gone from home, the police were looking for a boy and a girl, but not two girls. But we got kind of scared around two in the morning and moved from our evening hiding place. When the police spotted two girls on the street we got picked up quickly. Wow was I ever in trouble and so was Katey.. From that time I wanted to be a girl. I really thought that my Mom would love me more. Especially as I really did not understand why my brother got so much attention. I am sure that I felt that I could get to center stage in my Mom's eyes if I became a girl. I did pray for it. I was kind of unhappy as a boy growing up because I did not always feel right doing boy things.

Too long a story but that's the start. Now I accept my maleness reluctantly, but still love being a girl at least part time.

Hugs Edy

sometimes_miss
06-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Well, she never said anything like that to me, but I do know that my being born male really screwed up my mom and sister's life royally. Yes, my mom dressed me in my older sister's hand-me-down clothing, I remember wearing a dress type thing when I was very, very young. She stopped with the dresses by the time I was four, but still had me wearing female underwear until I was in kindergarten. That fact wasn't lost on me, I had a few pairs of boy underwear and knew the difference. But I also knew that the girl clothes fit, which was confusing at the time. Even at that age, I wondered if I was supposed to be a boy or a girl mostly because of that, but that was the extent of it. I didn't have any real gender dysphoria until later on, when I was told outright that god had made a mistake and that I was supposed to be a girl.

NikkiW1971
06-27-2009, 02:07 PM
My mom always said she wanted a girl and wanted her name to be Jennifer.

jessielee
06-27-2009, 02:10 PM
though she never admitted it,
she did and kept her dolls for such an eventuality. and i played with them! and grew inside, slowly, to the certainty of who i perceive myself to be. all quite serenditiously, of course, the girl of her dreams!

shay lynn
06-27-2009, 03:49 PM
My mother did want a girl. she also made clothes for my cousin who was about the same size as me so I was the model.

Teri Jean
06-28-2009, 06:33 AM
There is four boys and one girl in my family and I am the eldest of the five. My sister is ten months younger. Because of my name I had asked if they were hoping for a girl and the answer was no. Well they got two in the long run, one gg and one CD. Woohooo.

Keli

Intertwined
06-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Because I was addopted, you would assume my parents got exactly what they wanted, but, my addoption was arranged before my birth, so, they did not know what they were going to get.

As far as I know, NO, they did not want a girl.

I just wish I knew IF my mother knew about my CD.

It could have been why one of my stepfathers sent me to military school.:Angry3:

Patty-Fay
06-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Nope. I have 2 older sisters, and my parents were hoping for a boy. Had I been a girl they'd have kept trying.

I do remember snippets of conversation my mother had with her friends from time to time. One would comment that I was too pretty to be a boy, and she responded "yes, he should have been born a girl." I pretended outrage, but secretly smiled on the inside. Yes, I was in the closet from my earliest years.

Juanita O
06-28-2009, 09:43 AM
My mother said that she always wanted a girl, that is why she told me that if i would have been a girl my name was going to Juanita Rose

ChristineRenee
06-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Yes...very much so. Had I been born a girl she was going to name me Renee.

josie_S
06-28-2009, 10:59 AM
My mother made no secret about the fact that she wanted a girl--as a matter of fact when I was born (I'm the youngest of three boys), they were so convinced that I was going to be a girl that for the next few years I often heard the phrase: "you should have been a girl"--not from my mom, but from my brothers, uncles, aunts etc. I think she was that disappointed that they were in a way 'defending her,' even if after the fact :(

That, however in no way means that she'd be happy AT ALL with the idea of me crossdressing. Just another disappointment to her, so I'd NEVER come out to my family. Luckily, I don't have to....

kellycan27
06-28-2009, 11:41 AM
For a lot of our parents, the old saying."careful what you wish for" rings true.:heehee:

Stephanie Michelle
06-28-2009, 05:27 PM
I am 16 months younger than my brother. My Mother said I ws suposed to be a girl. She came close.

Stephanie Michelle

Jaclyn NM
06-28-2009, 06:47 PM
My mother never dressed me as a girl, But I know that being the second child to my older brother, my parants we're wanting a girl. I guess in the long run, they got it, sort of.

LadyMirabai
06-28-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm an only child but yes she did, she even has the pics of her dressing me up as a girl when I was little to prove it.

Of course, she could have had a genetic daughter if she had not aborted her...sighs, I always wanted a sister growing up and hey I find out that I almost did...

No I am not bitter..

Pattie O
06-28-2009, 06:58 PM
I subconsciously wondered if my mum wanted a girl(two boys)and so I think it kind of started my wanting to dress as a girl.If this is the reason then it has been very powerful as I still want to dress,not as a girl,but as a woman!

Pattie :daydreaming::battingeyelashes:

gender_blender
06-28-2009, 09:13 PM
My mother wanted a girl; she had a name, clothes, blankets, etc ready that all got packed away when I arrived as male. She didn't encourage my gradual transition to female.

sissystephanie
06-28-2009, 09:27 PM
My mother had a girl! Then when she and my dad got the process down correctly, they had me!!:D But my Mom dies when I was only 7.

My grandmother did dress me in dresses sometimes to play in because there more dresses then there were boys clothes, thanks to my sister and two cousins. Of course, I hated it when she did!!:heehee::heehee:

Miranda09
06-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Don't know as I never really asked her. Likely doesn't matter since after having me she had 3 girls! :)

MarcellaMcNul
06-29-2009, 12:20 AM
My mother wanted her second child(me) to be a girl,but never encouraged my crossdressing.

Jessica Who
06-29-2009, 12:25 AM
No, my mother never brought anything like that up. I have told my Mom, though, and she is super supportive :)

Diane Smith
06-29-2009, 02:02 AM
My mom was an only child who never had any male children around while growing up, and always said she knew absolutely nothing about raising boys. It literally never occurred to her, until I popped out, that she would ever have a baby boy. She already had drawers full of girls' baby clothes waiting for me (which she didn't use; I was never fully dressed as a girl growing up), and had picked the name "Melissa" for me.

She dealt with it, in general, but couldn't resist playing with makeup on me from time to time.

- Diane

Laurie909
06-29-2009, 02:35 AM
My mother always said she DID'NT want a girl (I have one older brother), but you know what Shakespeare said, "Me thinks thou doest protest too much."

I do remember her painting my fingernails with polish and always said my bother and I had very pretty (that was the word she used) hair.

claire2454
06-29-2009, 06:44 AM
dont remmber my mum doing that, i do remmber doing it myself at an early age. i just started to do it myself. but i do know what my name would have been if i was a girl and that is jenny but i like claire better so it was a good job that i was not a girl. not that i have a problem if you are a jenny, lol

cdbethany
06-29-2009, 09:22 AM
i was never supposed to be a girl mom had 2 already, dad wanted a son but what i actually heard alot during my childhood was not you should have been a girl but "why cant you be more like your sisters" well when i was 8 she got her wish.

i suffer with learning difficulties which were not discovered till i was 14 and never did well in school,my 2 sisters were both brainiac's top of their every class, never played up, and had beautiful handwriting. me on the other hand strugled with my work got easily distracted and disruptive and my handwriting still looks like a "spasticated spider "(my year 3 teachers words)did it.

it was the start of the summer holidays and i came home on the last day with my school report,it said the usual(easily distracted and disruptive and my handwriting still looks like a "spasticated spider did it" my teacher actually wrote it in the report.)but this year was different added to the report was a note from the headmaster saying i would not be going up a class next year but remaining in year3.

my dad and mom went nuts yelling about me not trying hard enough that im lazy and the final words were again for about the 100th time" why cant you be like your sisters" this always upset me and I stormed off to my room slamming the door hard as I could. the usual thing in this situation was leave me for half hour and then come check on me, but when the knock on my door came I was in for a surprise.

“Go away” I shouted but then a voice called back “please open the door benji” It was my sister Emily who spoke, not my mother or father she always calls me benji. I said come in and she did followed by my other sister jenny and Samantha the girl from 3 doors down. Jenny spoke to me and asked me if I was ok I said im fine and then was stunned by what my sister had planned.

She said that cause mom always say I should be more like my sisters that they were gonna dress me as one of the girls to prove the point to them that im no better off. I protested at first being an 8 year old boy not wanting to be dressed as a sissy but afterwards then saw the funny side and agreed.

I didn’t realise but my parents had gone for a drive so my oldest sister jenny was looking after us she was 16 then. my sisters led me into their room and sitting on the bed was a pink Barbie schoolbag I recognised as sam’s. they said open it and I did as I was told. Inside was some of sam’s clothes that I was told were for me to wear as if my sisters dressed me in their stuff my mom would notice instantly.

I pulled out the clothes she had packed and my sisters held up 4 dresses in turn measuring them against me before deciding on a short pink cotton dress not unlike the gingham school dresses Emily and sam wore but
A solid colour. I was handed a pair of pink cotton panties with little red hearts on them and frills on the legs and was told to strip and put them on I tried to refuse cause I found it very embarrassing as there were 3 girls in the room but they were nice and turned their backs to me.

After I pulled the panties on my sisters and sam turned back to me and then handed me a pair of white ankle socks with a lace top and told me to put them on, I obliged and then when I stood up again they made me lift my arms up and pulled the dress over my head and then buttoned it up. they led me over to the mirror on the wardrobe and I looked at the reflection and saw not 3 girls and a boy but four girls looking back.

The girl told me to sit and they then said they were gonna sort my hair and make up as mom would be able to tell from my hair. my hair untill I was 12 was very long beond my shoulders but now dark brown not blonde as my hair had darkened when I was 6.my sisters put my hair into long bouncy angel curls, the effect was amazing, they then put black mascara and eyeliner and blue eye shadow on me before applying Barbie pink lipstick and painting my nails the same shade.

Beck in front of the mirror I went and now I couldn’t even tell who I was .I was given a pair of simple pumps like the ones wore for p.e at school and then taken downstairs to watch cartoons with the other girls.

My parents came home and called for the girls so all four of us went into the hallway, mom greated my sisters with a hug as usual said hello to sam then her next words were ”whos this” pointing straight at me. The girls giggled and said I was sams cousin Katie. mom said nice to meet you and then asked ”wheres your brother” more giggling from the girls and jenny answered “still in his room I think, well go fetch him”
So off upstairs we went to my empty room then appeared downstairs a few minutes to find mom and dad now in the kitchen. we went in and mom after noticing only us 4 girls were her asked where I was again. Emily nudged me in the back which was our signal and the three girl fell about laughing as I just cocked my head to the side smiled and said “hi mom, dad so am I more like my sisters now.

My parents were stunned dad, actually dropped the mug he was holding then after about 30 seconds they just laughed. my mom hugged me and told me she wants me to be me and thanked the girls for turning me into a perfect lil princess. dad had disappeared and came back with his camera and after being persuaded by the girls and my mom we posed for a picture. I spent the rest to the day dressed as Katie playing with the girls and come bedtime iwas given my sisters old my lil pony nightie to wear.

Unfortunately I was never dressed by my sisters again but with the photo as evidence I was half heartedly teased about it till I was 13 and in a rage I set it alight.

Hope you enjoyed and sorry about the babble fest im gonna post this again in a new thread also as think most people wont read it here cause of Its length.

Love and hugs
Bethany xxxxxx:battingeyelashes:

TJ Tresa
06-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Yes as a matter oif fact my mother told several times that I was supposed to be a girl. She dressed me and my brother up in her clothes for Halloween one year. I never could tell her that I wanted to be a girl, It just isn't the way things are done around my hometown. I have been sneaking aorund dressing ever since taht wonderful Halloween.

Lisa Golightly
06-29-2009, 10:22 AM
She absolutely despises my transsexuality... and as for pre-birth wishes I was a doesn't matter as they already had one of each. Attitudes to my crossdressing... *whack*... Owwwwwwwwww...

Lorileah
06-29-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't think my mother actually cared what brand she got. We were never victims of sexual stereotypes in my family. We had all we wanted as far as toys, my brothers and I...yes all male...had action figures...OK dolls, and my dad made my middle brother a play kitchen out of wood that included table and chairs, a sink base and an oven.

I was the one who asked for girl articles and often got them. I was the one who wanted to be a girl on Halloween and got that too. Was never told I could not. To the best of my knowledge I was the only one who had a female name in que when I was born.

middle brother is gay, my other brother is overtly macho and then there's me. So in the end they had one of each.

ChanDelle
06-29-2009, 01:35 PM
My mother never encouraged nor discouraged any feminazation, but did teach me to sew a bit when I showed interest. I was never punished when caught playing with her jewelry, but always felt somewhat ashamed as though somehow I knew it was "wrong." I'm sure she would have been very happy to have had a girl, as she was very fashion conscious always, and mentioned that she would love to "dress" my first real girl friend (teenager). She did dress a bit dowdy now that I look back on it, and my mom could have worked wonders...

Once I asked her what my name would have been had I been a girl, and she said "ChanDelle," the name I use here.

She did dress me in a dress for christening, but I think that was tradition even for boys back then.

ChanDelle

Carly D.
06-29-2009, 06:35 PM
I was supposed to be a girl.. I was going to be named Maria, but instead I was born a boy soon to be a normal mixed up kid dressing in his moms clothes and liking it..

Sweet Cindy
06-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Did my mom want a girl? Maybe.
But she sure as heck didn't want a crossdresser.

Sally2005
06-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes. But she never dressed me that way although I did learn to use her sewing machine (not sure I actually ever made anything with it other than fooling around with it), but it comes in handy now to patch up stuff. You won't find me making clothes though.

Jin Xer
07-04-2009, 07:07 PM
I was the youngest of 5 and the only boy, so I don't think it was as much wanting as being practical. Many of my clothes when I was little were hand-me-downs (yep, from my older sisters), mainly underwear, t-shirts, and the occasional swimsuit (I hated that one !!). She painted my nails once (at my request), but mainly to teach me a lesson, I think, as she drug me out to my sister's school play with it on. Presumably, that lesson was wearing girl's underwear ok, nail polish, not so much.

Jinny

love heels
07-27-2009, 05:35 PM
I saw this thread the other day so i asked my mum.
To my suprise she said they thought i was going to be a girl and i was going to be called Lucy, i like the name Lucy if i had known i would have used it instead of Katie!
My mum never encouraged me to crossdress be she never stoped me wearing her shoes and boot's which i did from about the age of about 3/4 i think!
My mum doesn't know i crossdress lol! :)

Frédérique
07-27-2009, 07:21 PM
I don’t think my mother wanted any children! Poor mummy! Two sisters preceded me, and it was another 10 years before I came along. Oh-oh! I think my father and grandfather wanted a boy – you know, to mow the lawn and rake leaves. One of my sisters wanted a horse, and the other one wanted a cat. They got me instead. I was premature, too – I often think I never got cooked enough. Come to think of it, maybe that was a good thing…

Sarah-RT
07-27-2009, 08:13 PM
I have an older sister, 5 years older then me.

I have one memory of my mom putting lipstick on me, but I can only remember looking at myself in the mirror, rubbing it off and asking her to do it again. Chances are that I asked her to do it..

so she didnt force crossdress me, nor did I enjoy CDing til i was 13 or 14 so I dont know where it came from.

sharon2
07-27-2009, 08:35 PM
My mum had my sister first but she later told me she dressed me as a girl
when i was a baby.I alway watched her getting and i used to love wearing her bra over my shoulders,she asked me if i wanted to dress as i girl and i said
yes so she went out and bought me my own girl clothes and i was always
dressed as a girl only getting boy clothes when started school,even then
as soon as i got home from school i got my girl clothes on.

ginafaye
07-28-2009, 03:28 AM
ok here goes this the little i remember mom lost her first 2 babies the next was my sister who was daddys girl.she also was atomboy and sort of a bully. mom always wanted a girly girl. when i came along iwas her last chance. i know as ababy iwas dressed both ways as it suited mom .i even remember wearing my sisters type panties till somewhere along the way iknew my under clothes were different than the other boys and started to ask questions. mom also did alot of sewing and it was always me that was the dress dummy with a slip on so the fit was right it took me a long time to really remeber all these chidhood things and kinda figure it all out

Desiree2bababe
07-28-2009, 07:18 AM
She let me play in her heels and always rubbed my pretty hair saying I should have been a girl.

MissVirginia-Mae
07-28-2009, 07:45 AM
unfort., no....she already had 2 girls...
Little did she know she really had THREE!
:):love:

meri
07-28-2009, 09:09 AM
My mother had a stillborn girl immediately prior to my "arrival". I think I was not treated as "rough and tumble" as my older brother was. He was encouraged to get involved with sports. I don't think I ever was. I recall the neighbor lady commenting on several occasions that I would have made a good looking girl. Of course, this ruffled my masculine feathers, but deep down inside I think I would have too.

stephaniedoes
07-28-2009, 10:23 AM
my mother use to say she wanted me to be a girl, i had long hair as a teen and she would practice her brading skills on me for she wanted a daughter for whos hair to do, i was always sucsepting of this attention because she never gave any otherwise. my mother was a full blown alcoholic and i was raised by 2 brothers while she was at the bar. I often growing up wanted to know that if i had been born a female would she have paid more attention to me? would the beatings by my older brothers never existed? i have a terrible pig for a brother, he is a terrible womanizer and i still say to this day that if i had been born a woman he might have done something very terrible, that part of me is thankfull that i wasnt but i do wish i had been... I have always been envious of how woman are treated so differently then i am and im sure this goes way back for me... long story but yes she did mention many times how i was suppose to be a female..

MichelleP
07-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Yes, I believe my mother wanted another girl. My given name is a female name not one that can be misconstrued as male or female like Robin or Kelly. Kind of like the "boy named Sue." My parents did not cut my hair until I started school and my mom often dressed me in ambiguous hand-me-downs from my sister. So up until that time (5-6 years old) I had long brownish-blonde curls (I still have the pictures) and thus, I was more often than not mistaken for a little girl by folks meeting my parents for the first time. My brother was the one that nicknamed me Michelle. He was teasing me but I loved it and it stuck. Some of my earliest memories are having makeup put on me by my older sister. My sister also bought me a pair of leotards because I wanted to dress like her. I used to follow my mom in the kitchen and pretend to cook along with her too. She encouraged me in many domestic chores and hey I'm still a great housekeeper to this day! On more than one occassion my mother caught me wearing borrowed clothes. She never said a word. My mother always discouraged me from contact sports saying I was too thin and could get hurt too easily.

My mother never knew I continued my CDing after I left home but, I suspect she probably knew all along. My sister never knew but I don't think I fooled her either.

Now they are both gone I regret I didn't sieze the opportunity to show them and thank them.

Michelle

bobi jean
07-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I have four older brothers, the oldest being 10 years and 8 months older than myself, I'd say, YEP! MOM WAS WANTING A GIRL, and she got one just over a year later.

urmilaaa2008
08-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Yes, since she had already had a son, she wanted the second child i.e.me to be a girl. She delayed cutting my hair, allowing it grow long and she used to dress me up as agirl quite often, unti i was 5.
urmi

chica310
08-08-2009, 09:58 AM
no my mom wanted a boy
i have 2 older sisters and 2 younger ones

which is why i haven't told her that im a cd
i want to my mom is cool and would probably understand but
im her only son

BobbieTx
08-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Mine never said anthing ,that I can remember, until within the past couple of years. I thing dad wanted a girl (I was second boy) and I asked what my name would have been and she told me Mary

Stephanie Kay
08-22-2009, 06:18 PM
I was a fat little kid and one day when I was about 11 or 12 my Mom noticed that I had fat little boobies. She said that she thought I should wear a bra!! I was very embarrassed! She never followed through! Darn!

Love,
Stephanie

sandra diaz
08-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Well I don’t know about my father but my mother didn’t mind of me wearing her clothes, I remember one time when she put lipstick in my lips. It feel so good

sherri52
08-22-2009, 07:18 PM
my mom used me to model. She made dresses for another girl and I was her size. At the tme I was all boy and hated it. A couple of years later I was doing it on my own.

stacy-marie hanna
08-22-2009, 07:32 PM
my mom did want a girl,i was to be called stacy marie ,my actually name is stacy micheal hanna( stacy is a boys name too aparently yet i havent met another male stacy in the 25 years ive been alive)

stacy-marie

loardata
08-23-2009, 03:50 AM
I remember my mom telling me, at age 10 or so, that if i should want myself really clean" down there" that i should douche:o:sad::heehee:

Sylvermane
08-23-2009, 05:09 AM
my mother wanted boys because they were / are supposedly "easier". however at the same time she has told me many times, particularly after i was over 16 or so that part of her always was a bit sad that i was male. less so that i was male in the boys club with my dad and brother but more due to how her and i have always interacted. she has told me many times im the daughter she never had type of thing.

Jennifer in CO
08-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Mom already had a girl, and I was a frail and sickly child, so I was raised as one. Not dressed as one (although I can recouont many times I was dressed as one of them), but I stayed inside with the gilrs/ladies all the time. I could cook a mean cherry pie by the time I was 8....

Jenn

AmiFL
08-24-2009, 12:43 AM
My mom didn't want a girl, but...........my father took in a friend's daughter to help her out as she was having issues growing up...................

She got more attention than i did, so i tried dressing like a girl because I was jealous. ( I was 13 at the time ) It turned out I loved the feeling of cross dressing.................