PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing CD related things your parents have joked to others about....

heathr1
06-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Even if your parents do not know you dress, have they ever embarrassed you by joking about dressing someone up to other people?

Tonight, mother and I were at a party of a neighbour's and a GG who was there mentioned to her how lovely her new stilletto shoes were.

Mother joked, saying they are not just hers, she'd like to see a particular guy wearing them also.

KimberlyJo
06-27-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm confused, does your mother know you dress and if so was she talking about seeing you wearing her heels?

heathr1
06-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Years ago as a child, she found my skirts and no more was ever mentioned.

Whether she guesses I still dress and whether she meant me, I don't know.

gretchen_love
06-27-2009, 08:47 PM
My dad always makes really crass jokes about wearing a leather thong, and getting matching ones for the whole family...Holy awkward dinner joke! Especially because of his large gut...He doesn't know that I dress, but that's mostly because he's oblivious. He's def seen a pair of shoes in my closet, and probably some panties in my hamper.

linnea
06-27-2009, 09:20 PM
I haven't had this happen with my close family (none of whom know that I dress), but I have certainly heard plenty of jokes and scoffing remarks about crossdressers and other TGs. I defend them insofar as I can, but most of what I say falls on deaf ears.

Nicki B
06-27-2009, 10:13 PM
I've always found, that if you make the comments yourself - or agree with the others - they never believe you.

It's what's inside your head that's making this a bigger deal than it needs to be?

KimberlyJo
06-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Sounds like Mother's got a bit of kink in her chain if you know what I mean ;) lol.

trannie T
06-28-2009, 06:10 PM
When I was eight or nine I was checking out the medicine cabinet and found a strange bottle. I didn't know it was perfume until I opened it and spilled some on my shirt. I put the shirt with the dirty clothes and forgot about it until the following Tuesday. When my mom was ironing the shirt she got a good whiff of the remaining perfume. Both my parents thought it was very funny, and thought it was all the more funny as they saw how embarrased I was.

LilSissyStevie
06-29-2009, 12:22 PM
When I was a teenager my mother always complained that I looked like a girl. I had long hair and wore the femmyist clothes I could get away with. I guess it was meant to embarrass me into butching up. "How are you going to find a girlfriend looking like that?" Believe me, I had no trouble.

I have a step-daughter with Down Syndrome. Whenever she goes clothes shopping with my wife she always holds up a skirt or dress and says something like, "Lets get this one for Stevie, he'll look cute in it." Then she gets a big laugh out of it. She doesn't "know" I dress but she has amazing powers of intuition about other things as well.