PDA

View Full Version : Does any else miss their wife so bad?

Danielle Gee
06-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Hey Girls: I try to keep my CD'ing within reasonable limits around the house, I think my wife ,while being very supportive: deserves a man at least most of the time. I'm sure most of you girls understand and have struck your own kind of "Balance" in your life.

But on occasion she makes a several day (or a week) long trip to visit my daughter & grand daughter who live several states away. I am usually unable to accompany her due to work issues. I gotta admit when she informs me that one of thes trip are pending, I get really excited "Oh boy" I think "I'm gonna take my femininity up a notch or two for the next few days"

Ah, "there lies the rub" (to quote WJS).....I find that without her, I tend to lose my desire to CD.......I go to my closet.lay out my clothes, wig and makeup......The (usually) end up mixing a couple of shots of Beam, and watching an old movie on TV. I've actually had as many as seven days alone in my home, and not dressed even once. I can practically wear out a pair of shoes walking from room to room to room.....What I'm looking for, I have no idea!!

So in closing, some of you girls seem to be pretty fair "Shrinks"......What can be concluded from all this behavior???

Can't wait for your replies
Love Ya All !!!
Danielle

Raychel
06-28-2009, 08:53 AM
I am totally opposite, When the wife and kids go away on there vacation, I am totally over the top with my dressing. It does get plenty lonely, and I really do not like that part. But as far as the dressing goes. I definitly pull out all the stops.

If I could only dress as I like when they are home, Life would be grand.

Nadia-Maria
06-28-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm 100% with Raychel on this one. Could be that some guilt would be involved in your case ?
Would you need someone's permission ?
Just my 2 cents.

TGMarla
06-28-2009, 09:00 AM
When my wife vacates for as much as a week to ten days at a time (rare occasion), I go into it with eager anticipation of dressing to the nines for days on end. The reality is that it gets old after a few days, and on several of those days, I find that I just don't have the desire to go through all the trouble. However, I do try to take advantage of the opportunity. When she vacationed last June, a year ago, I went out fully dressed to a local TG support group, and hit a restaurant afterwards. This was a rare thrill for me, and I really enjoyed it. I'd love to do it again sometime. So it can be a mixed bag. But I kind of know how you feel.

Intertwined
06-28-2009, 10:24 AM
In 12 years my wife has only left the house once for more than a couple of house without me.

That one time was almost a month ago for 4 days.

First tho, it gave me the chance to do work around the house I can't do when she is here because of her allergies.

I did miss my wife and the daughter VERY much.

Even so, I did take 1 day for myself, the first in 12 years.

The events of that day are posted here:
MY Day ! (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108941)

Alice B
06-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Do I miss my wife when she is away. Sure. A lot! But, I and she also know that it is a time I can dress as much as I want, so I look forward to her traveling. But is only once or twice a year by herself. As a couple we travel a great deal all around the world. Are leaving for Peru in a week. No dressing for over a month.:straightface:

Danielle Gee
06-28-2009, 07:42 PM
I've always wanted to go to South America....My mother once took some kind of charter flight (from Peru - I think) and flew to (or maybe just over) the South Pole. She'd visited every other continent in her lifetime and wanted to say she'd been there too....Have a great trip

Love: Danielle:daydreaming:

Miranda09
06-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Well, it's kinda hard for me to comment on this as I have no SO, but I might suggest that maybe your desire to dress when she's away becomes reduced since you have no one to share it with? Sometimes, even tho I have a lot of fun dressing up, it does get become rather one dimensional with no one to share it with. It sounds like your wife is pretty accepting of your CDing and you might just miss that unique interaction with her.

sissystephanie
06-28-2009, 09:18 PM
I would definitely have to agree with Miranda. Having someone to share your CD activities with is certainly more interesting then doing it alone. Trust me, I really know about this!

It has been 4 years since my totally supportive wife passed away, and I miss her every single day!! I still dress and go out in publis, but as i have said many times no wig and no makeup! Those were the areas she excelled in!! Lord, do I miss her!!:sad:

Intertwined
06-28-2009, 10:07 PM
It has been 4 years since my totally supportive wife passed away, and I miss her every single day!! I still dress and go out in publis, but as i have said many times no wig and no makeup! Those were the areas she excelled in!! Lord, do I miss her!!:sad:

Im sure she is smiling knowing she is being talked about, and missed, she sounds like a very special Lady...
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Brenda456
06-28-2009, 10:08 PM
I love the peace and quiet and the chance to dress for a few days. But then, it is nice to have everyone back.

dawnmarrie1961
06-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Danielle, absence make the heart grow fonder and, in your case, seems to reduce your desire to cross dress. You love your wife. That's so sweet. And Danielle doesn't want to be around when she's not around either. From this I can conclude that out of respect for your wife she doesn't feel it's appropriate for her to be there when your wife is out. Nothing unusual with that because Danielle is , of course, a lady.

linnea
06-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Although I love my wife and miss her when she's gone, I definitely take advantage of her absences to spend time dressed and girly.
She's gone right now, and if I didn't have to go to work wearing drab, I would be fem 24/7 for five days. Since this morning, I have dressed fem and I will be able to stay that way until tomorrow afternoon, about 36 hours. I am delighted.