PDA

View Full Version : "Deal Breakers"

Persephone
06-28-2009, 04:26 PM
There are always posts here about "my wife doesn't approve," and "my wife goes ballistic if she thinks I've been dressing," etc.

So I've been wondering, how many here have ever told their wife that some behavior on her part was a "no no," that if she did something that you didn't want her to, that it would be a "deal breaker."

Danielle Gee
06-28-2009, 04:38 PM
My wife is a reall "good 'un" and really has no issues that would fall into the "deal-Breaking" category......Her worst vice is she's slow writing checks for budget expenses......And she's always "wasting" money buying me Girlie stuff.....Oh poor me:straightface:

Mirani
06-28-2009, 04:39 PM
My wife (ex) and my current SO did not deceive me into the relationship.
Neither had a hiddenn agenda (whether rationalised or not).

So we went into the relationships on shared values.

If either of us move our fundamantal values (honesty, fidelity and shared responsibility particularly), then thats the "deal-breaker" for either of us.

My ex's infidelity was something too big for us.

sissystephanie
06-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Deal Breakers= 0 Loving Marriage= 49+ years ending in 2005:sad:

Ralph
06-29-2009, 02:13 PM
My wife and I went into our marriage with a wishlist - as most people do, I guess - of issues that are an absolute must (the dealbreakers you mention) and issues that would be nice but not necessary.

We have both come to the conclusion, after some 20 years of marriage, that we managed to hit all the essentials (religious beliefs, desire for children, how to raise those children, monogamy) and almost none of the nice-but-not-necessary traits... we share little in common with music, food, movies, books, recreational activities, etc.

As we get older and head towards an empty nest our marriage is more one of habit than passion, but by the time the last hatchling leaves the nest I'll have had more than 20 years of the family I always wanted to have, so I'm not complaining.

Michaella
06-29-2009, 06:05 PM
No, haven't been told, but I know without being told, that if she ever found out I've been out in public while dressed femme I'd be risking our marriage. That hurts. A definition of madness: doing that which you know will have negative consequences.

Miranda-E
06-29-2009, 06:23 PM
any of the stuff I read here about not being allowed to dress around them or not being allowed to dress in public would be a deal breaker.

Deborah Jane
06-29-2009, 06:30 PM
If Sheila tried to take my side of the bed, that would be a real deal breaker :tongueout

ReineD
06-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Deal breakers for me: dishonesty or non-disclosure. Affairs, hormones, transition, or living full time probably would be deal breakers too, but I don't really know unless I cross that bridge.

docrobbysherry
06-30-2009, 01:03 AM
Sex and $$$, r numbers 1 and 2, or 2 and 1, of EVERY spousal problems survey!:sad:

When I married my ex, I paid off, and cut up ALL her credit cards. She agreed to live within a "budget". After we separated, I found out she had about 15 credit cards, with over $50,000 total, on them!:eek:
She said, " I can't, and won't budget"!:brolleyes:

But, the DEAL breaker in our marriage was, when the SEX STOPPED!:Angry3:

ReineD
06-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Oh yeah ... Doc reminded me of another deal breaker: an addiction or compulsion the partner does NOT want to address.

Ralph
06-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Sex and $$$, r numbers 1 and 2, or 2 and 1, of EVERY spousal problems survey! trim for brevity But, the DEAL breaker in our marriage was, when the SEX STOPPED!:Angry3:

I must have missed that memo. My wife and I are both equally responsible (or irresponsible) about money so we can't blame each other for that, and since she is physically handicapped and in constant pain sex hasn't been comfortable, or even much possible, for 10 years. I guess I should have followed your example and dumped her when she stopped giving me what's most important in a marriage, but I have a lot to learn.