PDA

View Full Version : Great news (for me anyway)

Danielle Gee
06-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi Girls: I've been having some health issues lately, It's not been confirmed yet but my neuroligist suspect I mays be in the beginning stages of Parkinsons Disease. He told me that whatever my problem turned out to be, losing 40 or 50 lbs would make it better & easier to deal with.

I started at around 235 ( 6 months ago) and now weigh around 210.....I aiming for a goal weight of around 175 in a year or so. The great thing for me is that my "Boobs" seem to be staying the same size (38B)....Isn't that just peachy??

They say that: "Every cloud has a silver lining" and now I believe it

Love: Danielle:):)

Joni Marie Cruz
06-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh, Danielle, I so wish you the best and so hope it isn't Parkinsons. I have my fingers crossed for you, girl. But congrats on the weight loss and the boobage retention. That's great.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Sara Jessica
06-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Talk about making lemonade!!! :)

Congrats on the weight loss and here's hoping for the best when it comes to whatever the diagnosis ends up being.

sissystephanie
06-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Danielle, my prayers are with you that it isn't Parkinson's! At least you have proved one thing, your boobs are healthy!!!

Good Luck on the weight loss!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:hugs::hugs:

pattyv
06-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Danielle: Goethe said that God sends the nuts and we must crack them. Whatever the diagnosis I know you have the strength of character to look at the bright side of things. Oh and congartulations on retaining the boobs size.
With very best wishes.
Laura.

PretzelGirl
06-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Wow. Your attitude is super healthy. Don't you ever lose that! :hugs:

Dressing Jill
06-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I am Wishing you the best of health. You seems to be going into this with the strength it will take.

Congratulation on the boobs

frederica13
06-29-2009, 12:33 AM
carbido/levodopa (a medicine for parksinson's) can actually cause gynecomastia. Just a thought. I wish you all the best.

kateyliz
06-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Firstly, congrats on the weight loss and boobies. 2ndly, I too have been diagnosed with Parkinsons and am wondering if any meds have helped calm the shakey hands for you? Gabapentin helps a little with mine but not enough, even in combination with miripex. I'm genuinely rooting for stem cell research now. Hugs, Kathy

kristinacd55
06-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Danielle, that's great you've lost that weight! However, don't do it because of Parkinson's. My mom passed away from it & it was 10 years of agony for her & my family. Not fun at all.

StacyCD
06-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Hopefully, with the recent political change in Washington, funds will begin flowing to stem cell research and Parkinson's will be beaten like Polio. Stay well and keep the faith.