PDA

View Full Version : Slam Dunk!

carson
07-10-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this but I am so proud of myself I have to share. I always kick myself because I can never think of a snappy comeback until after the moment has past. But not today. I was changing in the health club locker room this morning when a guy said, with slight amusement in his voice, "Hey, do you shave your legs?" Since I just started shaving, this was the first time I had been confronted with this question. As it happens, the guy who questioned me was extremely hairy (I am not.) I don't know what possessed me, but I gave him a slow, distainful down and back up once over, looked him straight in the eye, and said, "No, I'm just more evolved than you." His face went completely blank, he blinked a couple of times, then turned back to dressing without a word.

KO'd IN THE FIRST ROUND! :Punch:

Tamara Croft
07-10-2005, 01:43 PM
:lol: that's too funny :D

Julie
07-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Excellent comeback, well done. :clap:

~Julie~

Wendy me
07-10-2005, 02:18 PM
next time you see him there look to see if he evolved..........good come back...........

DanaJ
07-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Yep, great come back - I remember that was Marianne's comeback answer in this thread here too: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9869&highlight=evolved

DanaJ

Priscilla1018
07-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Excellant comeback! :lol:

laur-altg
07-10-2005, 03:22 PM
good comeback girl, and perfect timing. Ya nipped it rite in the bud, so to speak. u inspire me. I was in for a complete physical recently for an eye surgery and they did the EKG thing with electrodes taped to the chest and etc., and there were some comments from the nurses on my recent "close shave" lol, but yeah, i think of the perfect comeback days later. dam, most people don't realize what a few little negative words do to hurt , sensitive souls to some folk like us. good job girl. P.S. (I still can't figure out the relatioinship between my rectal and optical nerves inthe physical to pre eye surgery) i guess that's a story for another day :thumbsup:

Rachel_740
07-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Love your reply.

Anne

carson
07-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Sorry to hear your in for eye surgery. That gives me the willies! As far as your rectal/optical nerve relationship, that's easy. You are obviously gifted at seeing through the sh*t! :lol: Oh God, I crack myself up.

As for everyone else, thanks for chiming in and joining in my revelry for finally managing to stick it to a jerk with a well timed zinger. I probably won't be able to do that again for a long time but as they say, "Even a blind squirrel gets a nut now and then!" :D

Melissa A.
07-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Hair or not, you ARE more evolved than him. Good job, Carson!

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Lady Jayne
07-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Touche' Carsoncd
No doubt sometime tomorrow he'll suddenly think "hey he was saying I'm....."

JoAnnDallas
07-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Anyone remember the Michel Jorden commerical where all these guys standing around in their undershorts and michel comes in wearing RED briefs and then next seince all the guys have RED breifs on and Michel comes in with a pair of blue brief with white poka-dots and looks at them with the sly smile on his face.

carson
07-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Anyone remember the Michel Jorden commerical where all these guys standing around in their undershorts and michel comes in wearing RED briefs and then next seince all the guys have RED breifs on and Michel comes in with a pair of blue brief with white poka-dots and looks at them with the sly smile on his face.
Yeh, I remember that one. It was great. Maybe I'll start a fashion trend at my club and the really hairy guys will start looking at their lawn mowers with some creative ideas in their heads! :rotflmao:

Di
07-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Great come back

Billi49504
07-10-2005, 06:59 PM
That was a zinger!!!!!

Deborah
07-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Awesome :rotflmao:

JoannaDees
07-11-2005, 07:06 AM
Sorry to be the party pooper, but your description sounds like he just asked a question, and you trashed him.

carson
07-11-2005, 07:20 AM
Sorry to be the party pooper, but your description sounds like he just asked a question, and you trashed him.

Sorry to poop back, but ya had to be there. Nothing like inflection, intonation and a smirk to give you an idea of someones' point of view.

JoannaDees
07-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Yes, it does make a difference. So does describing it in the written word. In that case good one! :thumbsup:

StephanieCD
07-11-2005, 03:16 PM
I would have been shaking in my boots! Good for you :)

Maddie Knight
07-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Way to go girl. :cheer:

carson
07-11-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm - Like an Olympic Biker and- streamlining and- sport excuses perhaps, or just "screw" bad attitudes--get over "IT"- ( eazy to say-i'd supose- "K"

What's that?

I'd love to understand what you said. Could you try again in English? :)

Sweet Susan
07-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Outstanding comeback. He may not have even known what you were talking about.

carson
07-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Yeah ,, don't believe all You Read- or My advice- sooo hehe- oops , other girls here - but!?-- proof in pudding??
uhm, right. Thanks for clearing things up for me Khriss. :rolleyes:

Olivia
07-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Yeah, that was very cool carson. I had a similar occurence Saturday at our local lumber company. As I walked up to the counter with my purchase(in cut-offs, of course), the clerk snorts, "looks like you shaved your legs", followed by a big laugh. His moron buddy got a big kick out of it too. I said, "would it be a problem if I did?" The first guy just laughed and said maybe and moved on to the details of the sale. I've known these fellows for 30 years but it pissed me off that they had that little tact in a public place. Shoulda guessed tho'. I wish I had been as quick as you were! Olivia

btw: I returned the purchase 10 minutes later for a refund. His wisecrack cost his boss $27. Oh well, life goes on in small town Texas, Olivia

liz lesbow
07-11-2005, 11:19 PM
I Am Proud To Admit I Have Twelve Hairs On My Chest And Not Much More On My Legs.

Clare
07-11-2005, 11:36 PM
I wouldn't be too quick to judge when people make comments. Yes, tone and inflection can influence the meaning of a statement, but sometimes men mask their comments because they are curious, but still want to appear macho and indifferent.

Sure, in most cases you can tell straight off if you're being insulted, sometimes you get a compliment, but for those comments that seem awkward for the person making them, give a thought as to whether its an opening to have a chat about leg shaving etc....

'The grass is green on both sides of the fence, it just depends on how much water and sun each side receives.'

Christine