PDA

View Full Version : Too much of a good thing...?

Leslie Langford
06-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Is it just me, or have others also noticed that there appears to have been an explosion of activity on this site over the past year or so as more and more people have become aware of it, have joined, and are starting to post on a regular basis?

I think that is an awesome development for our community as we continue to reach out to each other, share experiences, and realize more and more just how many of us are out there. We are staring to assert our right to be seen and heard without fear of ridicule or discrimination just like any other minority group, and I think that is just great! So, my heartfelt thanks to the creator(s) of this forum for giving us this terrific venue for interracting and the administrators who keep it running smoothly.

The only drawback I see is that with the increasing volume of postings, it is becoming harder and harder to keep an individual one visible for very long and attract additional comments/dialogue before it is bumped way down in the list as other ones take its place in the queue.

But hey, that's a small price to pay to be part of such an engaged community :love:.

Angie G
06-29-2009, 08:12 AM
I don't think it's too much of a good thing. All the new members seem lovely and friendly people.:hugs:
Angie

linnea
06-29-2009, 08:12 AM
I don't know if there's more activity now than there was a year or so ago; the administrators might know that. It's a pretty activity forum or set of forums and a wonderful place to visit and spend time in.

sissystephanie
06-29-2009, 10:28 AM
I totally agree with Angie. The more activity we have on the Forum means the more people we are reaching out to! So what if a thread gets bumped down the line? That only happens because someone else has a question, or a story, that they think needs to be asked or told. I like to think we are all good friends, or better yet, a family!!:)

:hugs::hugs:

Lisa Golightly
06-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Ebbs and flows...

5150 Girl
06-29-2009, 12:07 PM
It's all good untill the SPAMMers find us

JoAnne Wheeler
06-29-2009, 12:19 PM
No, it is NOT too much of a good thing. The Sisterhood is finding this Forum just like I did. This Forum has been a Godsend ! What wonderful Sisters that I have met and grown to love.

JoAnne Wheeler

Ruth
06-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Leslie, communities on the internet are growing all the time. We are one among many. The online world has been a blessing to all kinds of people who were isolated.
Just enjoy while you can, who knows what's round the corner in terms of monitoring and intrusion (I write as a resident of UK, where we are hearing all sorts of noise about Government monitoring of emails and internet usage).

Lorileah
06-29-2009, 03:22 PM
OK I'll quit being so quiet and start posting more. :)

I have only been here 7 months or so, so it seems like the normal amount to me. I want more input from all the people here. I need the information. The more we have people on here discussing things, the easier it will be for us to either promote them or educate others. :)

Deborah Jane
06-29-2009, 06:02 PM
I have only been here 7 months or so, so it seems like the normal amount to me.

Actually it seemed quieter before you joined :tongueout

Chrissie P
06-29-2009, 06:21 PM
I just found this site a week or so ago. So glad I did. I am sure it will grow as more girls find out. A good thing.

Tasha McIntyre
06-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Have only been here for about 8 months, so i guess I'm one of the many johnny come lately's that have made the place busier.

Carola
06-29-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm not a person that post so often but i'm happy to be a small part of this site. Perhaps it's because everybody wants to be member of a group with people that shares our interests and needs and precisely that is what i have found in here; a bunch of friends amongs whom i feel welcome and where i find a shoulder when i need a place to rest. Thanks.

Patty-Fay
06-29-2009, 07:33 PM
I just joined up last week after stumbling across the site (googled "crossdresses"). This is a wonderful forum. I am so delighted with all you girls! :love:

PretzelGirl
06-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Have only been here for about 8 months, so i guess I'm one of the many johnny come lately's that have made the place busier.

Wouldn't that be a Joanna come lately? :D

Marisa_M
07-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm quite new here so I can't talk about the past. But I'm amazed to see how many new girls join the Forum each day.

That's great, I love it!:)

tabby1975
07-02-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm also new to the site. I'm so glad I found it everyone is so friendly and kind and I believe that we have like a sister bond on here we will not have to worry about spammers

Fondew2004
07-02-2009, 08:11 PM
I certainly hope it's not too much of a good thing. I just joined!