PDA

View Full Version : I like you just the way you are!

emmicd
07-10-2005, 01:54 PM
My wife outed me today when she found out I was wearing a woman's swimsuit underneath my shirt and trousers after feeling the strap. She knows I'm dressing more and she said I'm obsessed about it.

I'm a closet crossdresser and I have the urge to dress just about every day! It's an involuntary compulsion.

She got me upset because she said you're wearing womens clothes again in front of my son, my niece and mother-in-law.

I just tried to take it in stride.

Anyway, my son and niece said which I thought was priceless!

Don't worry I like you just the way you are!

This made me feel better!

Emmi

Wendy me
07-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Emmi add a nouther one to the list i like just the way you are too................sorry to hear yor getting busted if it makes you feel any better that urge ,desire is the same for me...sometimes people close to us forget we are people too..............

huge wendy hugs...............

Kimberly
07-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Emmi, good luck with everything :)

Don't fight the urge!! Just explain it to your wife...

Olivia
07-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Your son and niece sound like some great people Emmi, they have their heads on straight, I'd say. Give your wife time, as she gets accustomed to their acceptance of you, she will come around too. Good luck, Olivia.

emmicd
07-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks girls!

I was feeling down today, Thanks for the pick me up!

Even if I wanted to stop I can't. It seems a part of me. I just don't want to hurt anyone. Especially my wife and son!

Love to you all!

Emmi

Krystal Lee
07-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Emmi, Hope things are going a little better on the home front for you now. It's a bummer your wife made the comments in front of others, but the reaction was good, from them anyway. Best to you. Hugs Krystal.

emmicd
07-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Thank you Krystal!

Yes I am feeling better today. Things get a little easier I guess if you're able to get past moments that are initially both difficult and embarrasing. Sometimes I wish I could tell everyone that I crossdress. I just feel the burden of living in the closet can take its toll on someone both mentally and emotionally. I am taking baby steps. It was refreshing to hear my 6 year old son and my 10 year old niece say they still love me and that I should not feel bad!

Children do have such a great perspective of things! Like they say "Out of the mouth of Babes!"

Thanks for your kind words!

I also had a positive shopping experience at the mall today. I bought a nice pair of femme slacks and matching shirt and the sales girl said that I will look very nice in the outfit. She said I have great taste. It feels nice when you feel accepted buying womens clothes and the girl at the register suspects that the clothes are indeed for me!

Emmi

Clare
07-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Now that wasn't so bad was it? The way you wrote, it sounds like your Wife was annoyed rather than freaked out by CD'ing.

I will have to follow your lead by leaving all my femme stuff mixed in with the male clothes in closets and drawers. Having them in plain sight lying around is a very stong indication to the SO, especially if they aren't her size!

I hope that eventual acceptance by your Wife brings you closer together in the future. Remember, communication is important in a relationship (which i learned the hard way).

Christine

emmicd
07-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Thank you Christine!

I feel bonds with some of the girls here and you are one of those girls! I appreciate your kind words and support.

I also wish you well and will pray for you that things will work out positively for you and your family!

Please keep us posted!

Best wishes!

Emmi

Lauren_T
07-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Emmi, I'm betting your son's and niece's acceptance will give your wife something to think about!

Christine, IMO that's a fine idea, since it gives her time to give it some thought and bring it up when she's ready, without pressure. I'm pretty sure that's the way I'd do it. She'll likely realize that you put them there so she'd find 'em. Then it's her call as to the when (and if) to talk about it.
Hope it works out like that...

foxylady
07-12-2005, 12:20 AM
I am glad you got outed because it will be much easier for both of you to deal with together. If my husband had told me when I was young, I am now 54, I am not sure if I could of accepted it but now, even tho it is hard dealing with it, I can look thru different eyes. My husband has never stayed up at night and talked with me as late as he did the other night. It is like we are two people communicating instead of him still hiding in the closet. I am still having a hard time with this new news and still have fears of the unknown but at least he is free to express himself better and hopefully I will be able to do the same.
FoxyLady

Jenny Beth
07-12-2005, 10:08 AM
It has been said hundreds of times in dozens of threads here that communication is the most important thing. Most males are not good at talking about their feelings and to try to do so when your partner is angry and doesn't want to hear it makes it all the harder. I am hopeful that all my sisters here can one day find the acceptance that they need and I wish you all good luck as you try to hang on to the one you love.

For Foxylady I have to say your willingness to listen will eventually give you the answers to your concerns. A huge weight has been lifted from your husband's shoulders and he can now open up about his feelings. You are doing what so many want, to just sit and listen. Hopefully you will find within your husband someone who has more to offer than you ever thought possible.

emmicd
07-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Thank you Lauren, Foxy Lady, Jenny Beth and all the girls kind enough to respond!

I really am so happy to be able to get such good advice from all you girls. You make things seem more manageble and you all speak from your heart.

In a weird sort of way I do feel better when I am able to talk about my cross dressing to people close to me. I need to be more honest about it and not feel ashamed about it.

I need to feel accepted and that is what I seek when I drop hints like filling my closet with my femme clothes. I feel better too that they are hanging in the closet rather than in the trunk of my car.

My wife seems to be put off by my crossdressing but knows what it means to me and she knows how much I love her and our son!

I think she is getting used to the idea that I can't stop it nor do I want to! She is softening also which in time will hopefully bring some acceptance.

Thank you all for your support and kindness!

Emmi