PDA

View Full Version : Girls have all the fun

megan163
07-10-2005, 02:19 PM
The LA TImes ran two separate stories today about women boxers.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke10jul10,0,217314.story?track=tothtml

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-boxing10jul10,0,6352350.story?track=tothtml

My commentary: It's incredible to me how much we celebrate females assuming tradtionally male qualities and yet any male who slightly takes on feminine qualities is disparaged or ridiculed. I know we've all probably made the same complaint at one time - women can wear pants and dressess - but nowadays, it seems all the more unfair. Women can fully enjoy all aspects of being a whole, sexual person embracing the best of both sexes. It's especially evident in sports - images from WNBA show female basketballers swaggering and using typically male manerisms and yet they can be as feminine as they want to be off-court. Oh well, I'm just ranting. I do envy the "fairer sex"...or is it the "stronger sex?"

Kimberly
07-10-2005, 02:42 PM
A woman's place, is on the pitch!! ... rings true from the BBC coverage of women's football (soccer) here in the UK. They rule!!

Don't forget, we are generalising slightly here. Women often get bullied by other women for assuming more masculine roles. A friend of mine is completely non-conformist and is a strong feminist; as a result she has been called a "butch lesbian" from many of our peers.

This works both ways, Megan... we just know one side of it. :)

Lauren_T
07-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Never changes. Men good, men superior. Male pastimes, interests important; women's pastimes, interests, like women, inconsequential, superficial, unimportant. Things men do are the only things anyone wants to do. Who gives a sh*t about that crap that (ugh) WOMEN like?

I was about to (and still might) start a thread along that line. It truly chaps my sit-upon to be subjected to endless streams of male-worship propaganda.

Most members of an oppressed group take the path of least resistance and adopt (or pretend to adopt) the things their oppressors hold dear.

Think about that the next time you see a soft, delicate, lovely gg swilling beer, wearing a baseball cap and cheering for a bunch of obscenely overpaid, semiliterate, testosterone-poisoned bozos chasing a friggin' ball around on a field. She just wants to be "one of the guys," see?

Civilization. Ya. Don't get me started. Too late.

I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead
-Jimmy Buffett

Deborah
07-10-2005, 03:17 PM
I agree Lauren and no i don't like football or soccer either.

Rachel Morley
07-10-2005, 03:18 PM
I totally agree with you Lauren T. The only way we as crossdressers will truly become accepted is if the perception of women in society is changed from that of somewhat second class citizens. Why has there never been a female US President? Where are all the women governors? Why is there no such thing as a female military general?

Sadly, in today's world (amongst men) women are seen as inferior. That's why any man who exhibits any type of behavior that is deemed feminine is seen (by men) as being like a woman, which to them is weak and therefore inferior.

The only reason (in my opinion) why people approve of women imitating men is because men are supposed to be better than women.

emmicd
07-10-2005, 07:15 PM
I think women have more tolerance for pain and are far stronger than us. After all they deliver babies!

Men wouldn't exist if it were not for women!

Emmi

Sara Kat
07-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Nice avatar Lauren. She's one of my idols (behind Carrie of course :p ). I definatly like the "asskicking chicks" better.