PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to any pride parades this month?

Staciej
06-30-2009, 03:09 AM
Just got home from chicago. It was my first and wow was it a great turnout..

cutest float was children in a wagon with a sign said; Schools out and so our Dads. Just wanted to share that hehe

John
06-30-2009, 03:18 AM
No, but I'm going to London on satterday and Manchester next month (I think they're later in the UK).

cutest float was children in a wagon with a sign said; Schools out and so our Dads. Just wanted to share that hehe

aww, that so sweet!

Trudyann
07-01-2009, 09:17 AM
I live in Ohio and was over due for a long vacation. To make a long story short, one of my destinations was Portland Oregon. There I spent a week with my daughter. While there, my daughter took me to the Portland Pride Parade. Needless to say, it was fantastic. Over two and a half hours long. I got most of it on video tape to share with friends at home. My daughter knows I'm transgender and supports me fully. For father's day, she bought me a darling new skirt. What else can I say? Next year, Cleveland Pride Parade, but I'm sure it wont compare with Portland's. Peace, Trudyanne

Eriee
07-06-2009, 02:13 AM
There's no point supporting or participating in gay pride parades, if you're transsexual. The gay community (GLBT) throws us under the bus EVERYTIME they attemped to pass equality laws. Also, by associating and supporting, you're furthering the sterotype that transsexuals are mearly homosexual men that seek to seduce straight men. Gender identity disorder in itself, does not seek to establish a same sex relationship.

The truth is not nice. =(

grace@4
07-06-2009, 04:43 AM
There's no point supporting or participating in gay pride parades, if you're transsexual. The gay community (GLBT) throws us under the bus EVERYTIME they attemped to pass equality laws. Also, by associating and supporting, you're furthering the sterotype that transsexuals are mearly homosexual men that seek to seduce straight men. Gender identity disorder in itself, does not seek to establish a same sex relationship.

Sorry love l do not agree with you on this,l myself use to think so but this year l got myself involved in the Pride London as a senior steward and to my surprise transsexual you name it there were there only us crossdressers were not in the Parade from what l have found out CD are welcome and l hope 2010 we will join the London Pride and be proud of our self like them not to hide its all about been out there and show the world we there.2012 the world Pride Day its here in UK come on girls let come and show them be Proud of whom we are like there do,love you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:love::love:

Eriee
07-06-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm afraid you do not understand. First off, please don't include everyone here as a crossdresser. A transsexual is not a crossdresser.

The fact remains, that at everytime an GLBT organization attempts to pass a bill through our dysfunctional law making process, the trans rights are ALWAYS dropped off by the time the bill hits congress. One of the many examples, is Act H.R. 3017.

And you live across the pond, things are differnet over there... There's not as many backwards bigots. Meh, look what american fundie Chirstians did when David Bowie toured in the states. He never got such hate in UK. You're a lucky person... =P

lesley jay
07-06-2009, 12:20 PM
We have one coming up in Johannesburg next month,i am going to one for the first time to support a gay freind,my wife is also going along with me.looking forward to it.

Lorileah
07-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I went to Denver Pride (usually do) and there were very few TG's in evidence. So can we complain about non-support if we don't come out? There are always the drag Queens who are over the top at these functions and surprisingly enough they were NOT the center of media attention this year. The DQ's who do show are out members of the gay community usually. The major stations covered the families. That was a nice change. There also seemed to be a lot less flaming gays and in your face people this year. Sign of the times?

So anyway I did my small part to represent the TG community but until we get it together, Eiree has a good point. But as I said before, can we blame the G&L community?

Carole Cross
07-06-2009, 03:18 PM
I am going to Bourne Free, the bournemouth pride event, next weekend, 10 -12 July. I will be helping out on the stall of a local TG support group and hopefully getting to see the parade and shows. I have never been to an event like this before so I am looking forward to it. I will post my review next week.

BlondeAngela
07-08-2009, 01:50 AM
One of the largest l/g/b/t pride celebrations in the country is in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area, through downtown Minneapolis and into the Loring Park section of Minneapolis (a district that has a significant percentage of gay/lesbian/transgender residents).
It is a wonderful parade, and transgendered women are there in numbers (although it is often difficult to tell, since with estrogen, facial feminization surgery, breast implants, etc., so many of us transwomen look like beautiful genetic women.
At the gay pride parade, if you see a beautiful woman dolled up sexy and feminine in makeup, earrings, a beautiful dress or skirt and blouse, etc. on the arm of a handsome masculine man, she is probably a transwoman, since the lesbian women at the gay pride parade don't usually dress as feminine as we do, and are with other women, not men. We usually dress even sexier and more feminine than some of the genetic women who are friends of l/g/b/t people at the gay pride parade).

Elsa Larson
07-28-2009, 07:19 AM
I got out for my first daytime venture in 19 years.
Walked in the parade with my local support group: http://transcentralpa.org/

Here's the group pic from last year's parade:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/starycat/2703470283/

DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, to help others, to educate the public and to be part of the political process.

Linda St. John
07-28-2009, 06:01 PM

Wow! Are you right on.....I went on down to the Toronto Gay Parade and my daughter who took her girlfriend on the back of her motorcycle in the "Dykes on Bikes " portion, told me : I and my "friends" i.e. transgendered ..weren't really gay as such !
So I suppose we should have our own parade.