PDA

View Full Version : Is there a pre-teen girl in us needing expression?

helenr
06-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Looking back on 55 years of feeling 'out of place' among boys and being male, I wonder if there is something to my comment? I remember at about age 8 being invited to a female classmate's birthday party. I was very shy and bullied by the boys (I was a full year younger and didn't have that 'all boy' look). I was surprised to discover that I was the only male there! No, the girls didn't gang up and make me pretty-that would be a nice fantasy- but I did enjoy myself, didn't get any black and blue mark from a knuckle punch to my upper arm,etc. The girls were silly and sweet, but it was a nice environment. This wasn't any huge turning point for me, just the realization that I find the female world more hospitable.
I think that experience and others causes me to wonder if there isn't a need for young girl experiences that we didn't get to encounter? thoughts?

nancyish
06-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Dear Helen,what a cute picture! My dad was very mean to my sisters and very lax with my brothers.I sided with my sisters and hence my life of abuse began.My sisters always included me in their plans(still do),yes i'm one of them :tongueoutand now my brothers are jealous.Only one of my several brothers even talks to me this day!IT's not our imagination,we really like all things femme,but i also like(not love) being a man.Gotta Love Nancy

tricia_uktv
06-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Easy, Yes!

Joni Marie Cruz
06-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi Helen-

Interesting post, girl. Speaking for myself, I don't know about pre-teen, though in someways I so wish I had had the opportunity to be raised as a girl. As we all know, from the moment of birth on, boys are treated differently from girls, just the way things are.

However, I have heard the "theory", so to speak, both on TG sites and talking face to face with other tgirls, that we sort of reprise adolescence once we first come out. There's a sort of teenage rebelliousness phase where we wear outrageous clothes and defy convention, then we sort of "grow-up" and what we choose to wear and how we act becomes more mature. Of course, it's kind of accelerated and instead of taking 8-10 years may only take a couple of years. Then again, some of us get stuck in the rebel phase.<Joni raises her hand>

Hugs...Joni Mari

MissConstrued
06-30-2009, 05:42 PM
As a lad, I did suffer the occasional bit of jealousy for the pretty things girls got to wear, but I never got too excited about hanging out with them. Girls never wanted to do anything cool or even remotely dangerous. As adults, though, girls become the dangerous game. :D

docrobbysherry
06-30-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm in my 60's, but am a "preteen" as a CD! Only been dressing for 11 years. I even have preteen pics to prove it!:)

But, don't wish to hijack your thread, Helen!:brolleyes:

Leanne2
06-30-2009, 08:00 PM
It has always bothered me that I never got a chance to be a little girl. My sister wore the pretty clothes. She went to the all girl birthday parties wearing party dresses with petticoats. I watched her do all of the normal little girl things and wanted to do them as well. I don't resent my sister for all of this.
By not being a little girl a part of my life is forever missing. I wonder what would have happened if my parents had let me be a little girl. Would I be a woman now or just a well rounded content man. I'll never know. Leanne

dawnmarrie1961
06-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Helen, memories are nice aren't they. They help us learn about ourselves. When I was that age most of the farm boys used to ask me for tips on getting girls to notice them. I guess they seemed to think I had all the answers since I never had any problem interacting with the opposite sex. Usually it was just a matter of telling the boy to clean up before coming to school, no girl wanted to be around a boy that smelled like cow dung,comb your hair, put on their best Sunday clothes and talk politely. This normally did the trick.

Hope
07-01-2009, 02:54 AM
What - getting to enjoy the salad days? Yeah!

sometimes_miss
07-01-2009, 08:00 AM
I don't know if 'she' needs expression; but 'she' never got to exist. I fully expected to grow up and become a female; there was no doubt in my mind. And when I reached adolescence; nothing. I didn't become a woman, and I didn't become a man either. Puberty didn't start for me until my last year in high school. I kept expecting to have a teen age girl's life, but it never happened. Somewhere deep in my mind, part of me is still waiting. I don't think it will ever go away; it's been, what, 40 years now? No, it's just something I have to learn to live with.

reneedtg
07-01-2009, 04:03 PM
I had a younger sister who was just positively doted on by my parents. My first dressing experiences were in her clothes...and I do wonder sometimes what it would have been like to be her.

Maybe there is something to having a "young girl" experience.

Toni_Lynn
07-01-2009, 05:58 PM
I think that because my fondest and happiest moments are of that halcyon summer after I got my first bra when I was 13, that summer before my mum abused me, I am stuck in that summer. Stuck is a bad word to use for it though, 'cause I'm quite happy there, and if I could choose any moment in my life to go back to, knowing then what I know now, it would be then ..... with a ton of money :)

Oh, I would treat myself so very well -- and no one would ever hurt me again :brokenheart:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn