PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Legs

Lisa Marie
07-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks Girls for the advice on leg shaving! What kind of body lotion can I use thats for sensative skin? Thanks Angie +?

Tristen Cox
07-11-2005, 03:30 AM
Look for something with plenty of moisturizer and preferably aloe in the ingredients. Cocoa butter is a good ingredient too for sensitive skin:)

chloe
07-11-2005, 04:18 AM
No matter how hard i try. No matter how many different products I use, I just cant avoid shaving rash. ive tried all sorts of moisturiser/ razor combinations, it just doesnt work ... EVER......Im always really gentle and shave in the direction the hair grows, i mosturise before and continusly after. i think one of my main problems is how hairy my legs are. I truly am a hairy beast!!!!!! some of my folicles have up to 3 hairs growing out of it. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. its such a pitty really, coz I've given up on shaving now, and resorted to the old 3 pairs of tights game. a sad game given that i like to go to sleep in my slinky night dress with smo0th legs, not encased in nylon. aaarrrggghhhh. cant some one just invent some kind of hair eating night ant.

LuvPink
07-11-2005, 04:53 AM
I tried shaving my legs once! Felt great for a few hours, then I paid the price for it for the rest of the week!

And the rash I was left with was horrible for ages. But it felt fantastic for thos e few hours. I promised myslef I would never do that again - but if it were possible to do it without the discompfort afterward then I might try again. Wearing stockings with smooth legs was wonderful - really. The skin felt SO sensitive, the swish of a skirt past the legs was so sensual.

carson
07-11-2005, 08:27 AM
I tried shaving my legs once! Felt great for a few hours, then I paid the price for it for the rest of the week!

And the rash I was left with was horrible for ages. But it felt fantastic for thos e few hours. I promised myslef I would never do that again - but if it were possible to do it without the discompfort afterward then I might try again. Wearing stockings with smooth legs was wonderful - really. The skin felt SO sensitive, the swish of a skirt past the legs was so sensual.

Remember when you started shaving your face as a younster? I remember getting pretty raw back then. But your facial skin builds up a...tolerance? would that be the right description? So, if you like the plus side, maybe try sticking with it, moisturize like hell and see what happens. Good luck! :thumbsup:

mand
07-11-2005, 09:09 AM
I have tried lots of different one's but I find the best one to be Johnson's Hair Minimising Body Lotion. It's a bit gloopy so if you're wearing Tights (pantyhose) or stockings soon after make sure you really rub it in well.

love mand xxx

Olivia
07-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Yeah Angie, I agree with carson. Just stick with it, it'll probably get a lot better. I shave my legs every other day(at least) and after a year or more, I never get a rash at all. I've had more trouble with rashes on my body. Like chloe, I'm also quite hirsute and I have to shave very frequently. I've found that exposure to the sun has helped my body rash immensely(another plus for sensible tanning-besides the great look). I also now use Jergens Naturally Smooth lotion after every shower. It supposedly slows regrowth of hair after a couple months use. We'll see about that-I'll be reporting back on that soon. Hang in there Angie, I think it'll get better with time. Nothing beats feeling those freshly shaved legs, mmmmmmm. Later girls, Olivia.