PDA

View Full Version : A new twist

bobi jean
07-01-2009, 11:18 AM
I was just reading the thread about "proud to be a crossdresser" one of the repies made me think about how often I see a GG and wonder why she doesn't dress better. Have any of you cd'rs ever thought, " I wonder why she is wearing that outfit, she would look so much better if she were wearing what everbesides she has such a nice figure, but she is wearing whateverThen you start thinking about what she would look like in one of YOUR outfits.
As far as being called a crossdresser, I totally prefer Bob or Bobi but I really don't mind being called a "crossdresser", for lack of a better term, that is what I am and, thats what I call myself!!! maybe preferancedresser, would fit some of us better, besides, are we really crossdressing if the clothes are ours?

Sheila
07-01-2009, 11:22 AM
I was just reading the thread about "proud to be a crossdresser" one of the repies made me think about how often I see a GG and wonder why she doesn't dress better.
Cos all the good clothes seem to have been bought by crossdressers who seem to have the $$$$$$$$$$$$ to spare :brolleyes::brolleyes:

Teri Jean
07-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Bobi,

Sweety, there has been a lot of questions why ggs dress the way they do and I approached a gal at work and asked her why she would want to hide a beautiful person as herself. She was not affended and from that day on she was dressed quite well. Not over the top mind you but she was not hiding in seats and baggy jeans.

Keli

xdbiker
07-01-2009, 12:37 PM
the last two times i dress my wife for work all the girls made sure to tell her How pretty she looked that day still hasnt changed her dress habbits yet but im working on it all the time Jerzie

Joni Marie Cruz
07-01-2009, 12:40 PM
I think OSHA or perhaps the EPA should require a full length mirror or similar quality shiny reflective surface be installed by every front door before any tgirl or ggirl is allowed to leave their house. Part of the Beautify America campaign. Men are exempted since they mostly don't care, though some certainly do.

Just kidding. But I am putting on my Nomex flame retardant underwear.

Hugs...Joni Mari

LilSissyStevie
07-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Because GGs have the right, but not the obligation, to dress as badly as men do.

Joni Marie Cruz
07-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Because GGs have the right, but not the obligation, to dress as badly as men to.

Perhaps best honored in the breach rather than the observance.

Hugs...Joni Mari

kimmie_gg
07-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Sometimes it's nice to kick back with an oversized t-shirt, shorts, jeans...or whatever else you think is not "pretty", after you've dressed up for work, dinner and other occasions, and just let the skin "breathe". I do agree that some of us GGs could dress better. Not all of us have good taste like you gals! =)

Babette
07-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Bobi Jean,

I don't suppose I am any different than most human beings, GM or GG, when it comes to style or clothing preference. Sure, I have had people tell me how nice I looked when I wore a particular outfit in either male or female mode. I guess my clothing choices are based on mood, situation, availability and what I can afford. Sometimes I enjoy the luxury of formal wear. Other times I would rather be dressed casual enough to pick watermelons. Why shouldn't GGs have that same freedom of expression?

Babette

bobi jean
07-01-2009, 01:21 PM
I totally agree that every one of us, regarless of race, color, creed, gender, age or anyother connection to being human has the right (or at least should have the right) to "appropriately" dress as desired. however my question was;
have you ever wondered what "that girl" would look like in one of your outfits?
I know most of us CD'rs often wonder what "WE" would look like in HER outfit, but HOW MANY WONDER what SHE would look like in MY LITTLE BLACK DRESS AND 4" PUMPS?

Joni Marie Cruz
07-01-2009, 01:41 PM
I totally agree that every one of us, regarless of race, color, creed, gender, age or anyother connection to being human has the right (or at least should have the right) to "appropriately" dress as desired. however my question was;
have you ever wondered what "that girl" would look like in one of your outfits?
I know most of us CD'rs often wonder what "WE" would look like in HER outfit, but HOW MANY WONDER what SHE would look like in MY LITTLE BLACK DRESS AND 4" PUMPS?

Hi Bobi Jean-

Cute name, sounds so southern. Well, I don't know if I'm actually answering your question or not, I mean, first of all, I've never seen your LBD or the shoes, for that matter. But I often see ggirls (let me interject right here that I absolutely adore natal girls, I wish I were one) and think, "Oh honey, you can do better than that." And don't mean that to sound snotty or condescending or anything like that at all. It's not the clothes, per se, it's more taking a little bit of time to do the best you can with whatcha got to work with is all. Some girls look like they just rolled out of bed with the clothes they had on and headed out the door. Jeeze, I guess I sound like a bitch, but I don't mean it that way.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Kathi Lake
07-01-2009, 01:45 PM
It's kind of like I tell people here when they ask if I would like to dress up full-time. As a guy, I'm basically lazy (there. I said it :)). If I did this full-time the way I feel about my feminine appearance, I would have to put on makeup every day. I would have to be careful about how I dress. As a guy who only does this occasionally, I get to do this. I'm sure many GGs feel the same way, "Do I have to wear hose and a skirt again? Do I always have to be "On" and dressed up?" Sometimes, a comfy pair of jeans, flats and a cute hoodie are all you really want to wear.

Kathi

Joni Marie Cruz
07-01-2009, 01:54 PM
It's kind of like I tell people here when they ask if I would like to dress up full-time. As a guy, I'm basically lazy (there. I said it :)). If I did this full-time the way I feel about my feminine appearance, I would have to put on makeup every day. I would have to be careful about how I dress. As a guy who only does this occasionally, I get to do this. I'm sure many GGs feel the same way, "Do I have to wear hose and a skirt again? Do I always have to be "On" and dressed up?" Sometimes, a comfy pair of jeans, flats and a cute hoodie are all you really want to wear.

Kathi

Absolutely right on, Kathi. But here's the thing, at least to me, some girls can look fantastic in old jeans and a hoody and flip-flops and others can look like they were found in dumpster. So it isn't the clothes and makeup, necessarily, it's other things. Face washed? Hair clean, combed? Clothes clean? Some pride showing? It's not about the figure or the clothes or makeup, it's just caring about how you present yourself, whether you're a tgirl or ggirl. Of course this goes for guys and tgirls and ggirls. And I really am sorry if I sound snotty, I really don't mean to, I completely understand how circumstances and situations can make a difference in how we appear to others.

Hugs...Joni Mari

kimmie_gg
07-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Absolutely right on, Kathi. But here's the thing, at least to me, some girls can look fantastic in old jeans and a hoody and flip-flops and others can look like they were found in dumpster. So it isn't the clothes and makeup, necessarily, it's other things. Face washed? Hair clean, combed? Clothes clean? Some pride showing? It's not about the figure or the clothes or makeup, it's just caring about how you present yourself, whether you're a tgirl or ggirl. Of course this goes for guys and tgirls and ggirls. And I really am sorry if I sound snotty, I really don't mean to, I completely understand how circumstances and situations can make a difference in how we appear to others.

Hugs...Joni Mari

No, you don't sound snotty. It really is about the way you present yourself. You don't need designer clothes, or something formal. Some can look really presentable with just a tank top and blue jeans. It takes some effort to know how to match your items together and come up with a nice outfit. But some do so better than others I guess.

Teri Jean
07-02-2009, 06:52 AM
I guess I should qualify my thoughts with when a guy goes off to work they should look dressed for the job and girls should also. But what gets me is when they are out shopping or going out to eat why do they thing sweats or something that should have hit the rag bag a century ago? Not saying a coctail dress but a nice blouse and skirt or slacks would be more appropriate. There is a time for comfy clothes but not out shopping. My 2 cents.

Keli