PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing: sub-categories

NathalieX66
07-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I know that many of you have specific outfits in mind when you cross dress, whther it be lingerie, short skirts, or stilletto heels, but I'd like to get a better understanding of a particular subcategory of transvestitism, which is the "little girl look".
I took particular interest in this category when I saw a guy board a commuter train to New York City wearing a very frilly little girl's style dress, with petticoat. What amazed me about this person was the meticulous atention to detail, including natural back-legnth long hair completely braided "Heidi-style".....bangs and all. A guy with 2 years or more with hair growth, with bangs! The poor soul endured some pretty awful taunts from some unruly teenagers on the train but eventually got to his destination safely some where beyond 7th Avenue.

This is not 'sissy-maid' stuff, or forced feminization, as far as I know.

When Grayson Perry came to fame from winning the Turner prize for modern art in London, I got the connection. It was pretty mucht the same thing. I always found an interest in frilly girly things, but soon realized that this was more "costume" than regular crossdressing. I own no more than five little girl dresses which are my size, which I'e accumulated in the last three years. Does anybody know much about this?

sissystephanie
07-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Nathalie,

First of all, transvestiteism is wearing clothing of the opposite sex for sexual purposes! Just because he was wearing girly clothing doesn't necessarily mean he was a Transvestite! He may have been going to a Costume Ball!

That being said, he may have been a Transvestite, or he may have been a Crossdresser who had a whole lot of self confidence!! I go out in public all the time dressed enfemme, but definitely looking like the man that I am! But even though I do have a lot of self confidence, no way would I go out dressed like a little girl!! :thumbsdn: Well, maybe if the money was right!!:heehee:

Tamara Croft
07-01-2009, 11:00 PM
First of all, transvestiteism is wearing clothing of the opposite sex for sexual purposes!No it is not, transvestite is exactly the same as a crossdresser.... transvestite is used in the UK... and crossdresser is more the USA... both the same thing :thumbsdn:

Tanya C
07-01-2009, 11:35 PM
First off, I agree with Tamara in that crossdressing and tranvestitism are the same thing and I consider myself both.
With respect to a sub-catagory of crossdressing, I simply try to dress, look and act as as much like a GG as I possibly can. This means I try to avoid over the top girly affectations like very short skirts or excessively high heels. Also, I avoid exaggerated sexpot mannerisms and especially conduct that portrays women in a demeaning or ****ty way.
I just want to be feminine.

Tanya

deja true
07-02-2009, 06:15 AM
Wow! That was one brave tranny... and prolly paying off a bet ... or making a movie (see any cameras?)... or playing with his humiliation fetish ... or performing a bit of personal in-your-face street art ... or heading to a rather open Pride event ...or .... coulda been a hundred personal reasons.

Did you talk to him?

Cell phone pictures?

Were you prepeared to defend him if the taunting went a little too far?

It was New Yawk City, after all! And he prolly wouldn't have survived unscathed in Peoria or Laramie...

The little girl look is kinda cute on some, but I'd leave it for private play rather than take it to the street, unless maybe it was something special ... really special!

Subset? What are you, an anthropologist? It's just another shade in the rainbow, as far as I'm concerned ...

:)

karynspanties
07-02-2009, 12:04 PM
trans⋅ves⋅tite  
–noun a person, esp. a male, who assumes the dress and manner usually associated with the opposite sex.

Kate Simmons
07-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Sounds like maybe a "little girl". These folks have their own code of ethics and everything. I have several friends of that persuasion I have met at the club over the years at one of their "Little girl camps.":)

linnea
07-02-2009, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE=sissystephanie;1778814]Nathalie,

First of all, transvestiteism is wearing clothing of the opposite sex for sexual purposes!

I know that Tamara Croft has already commented on this definition, but I feel compelled to add my own comment because you seem so adamant about the point.
According to the AMERICAN HERITAGE DICTIONARY, tranvestism is the desire to dress in the clothing of the opposite sex. Quite literally for Latin, the word means trans "cross" and vest "dress"; the "ism" gives the sense that it is a belief, desire, or way of thinking.
And, by the way, it is "transvestism" not "transvestiteism."

SweetCaroline
07-02-2009, 02:01 PM
However you define it, crossdressing, fetishism, transvestite, or whatever, there is a very big difference between dressing as an adult and dressing as a little girl. I do not frown down on anyone who chooses to dress in any way that makes them happy. I am wary of those who feel compelled to dress that way in public spaces. I'm not saying it's wrong, but they will have to pay the consequences. Most of us who do go out in public do so in such a way as to gain casual acceptance. There are exceptions of course, Halloween, costume parties, etc. but I suppose the point I'm making is most adult woman wouldn't go out dressed as a little girl, or a French maid, or in bondage gear, and if they did, they would be glanced at just the same.

Just my two cents.

GaleWarning
07-02-2009, 02:52 PM
What did Shakespeare say ...?
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
So perhaps we should agree that even if our name is Juliet or Romeo we are all roses.
Then this labelling nonsense will stop!

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::r ose::rose: