PDA

View Full Version : Journey's end

dawnmarrie1961
07-02-2009, 07:24 PM
I was going through some old papers & documents today when I happened to come across an old driver's license. I opened up my purse and pulled out the ID card that I got few weeks ago and put them both down on the table side by side for comparison.

Damn. Things certainly have changed over the years.

I sometimes wonder if I made all the right choices? I have lost so much. But I have also gained so much. I can actually say that for the first time in my life that I am actually at peace with myself.

My journey has never been about sex or sexuality.It was always about finding my true self. I knew from the beginning that it would not be an easy task. Nothing worth while ever is.

It is a road that is filled with perils and disappointments. It is by no means any sort of joy ride for fun. Sometimes you end up hurting the ones you love. Not intentionally. It just happens.

A word of advice for those of you who may have even the smallest doubt about the road you are on......if you aren't sure where you are going.....get off on the next off ramp....spend some time at a rest area (like this web site.)....and don't reenter the highway til you know for sure what you destination is.

Travel safe and smart.92332

Phyliss
07-03-2009, 03:30 AM
I sometimes wonder if I made all the right choices?
I knew from the beginning that it would not be an easy task.
A word of advice for those of you who may have even the smallest doubt about the road you are on......if you aren't sure where you are going.....get off on the next off ramp....spend some time at a rest area (like this web site.)....and don't reenter the highway til you know for sure what you destination is.

How true those words are. Haven't even begun to "pack for the trip" but that doesn't mean the possibly someday I may go on "THAT" trip.

I do know one thing. "IF" you have any doubt, DO NOTHING. At least you won't make a mistake that can't be undone.

Veronica Lacey
07-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Clever analogy, dawnmarrie, well said. :)

deja true
07-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Yup, that's a problem!

Whenever you move from house to house, you always have to jettison some of that private treasure that you thought you could never live without.

Sad ... but that's what growing up is all about!

:)