PDA

View Full Version : A Half-Day of Shopping is Better Than None, Right?

Kathi Lake
07-02-2009, 07:39 PM
First, let me say that after having my attachable forms for only a few weeks (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110119), I have fallen in love with these things. The weight of them hanging off of my chest, the way they move with the body, instead of my mastectomy bra - well, it's incredible. I decided that it's time to splurge on myself (because I'm worth it!) and buy some brand new boobies. The ones I received from my friends at the store were attachable, but used, mismatched and the adhesive is starting to lose its effectiveness. So, using the new American way to solve a problem (throw money at it :)), I went in today to order a pair.

I showered, shaved, finished my makeup pretty quickly, and was out the door in less than an hour. Ulta doesn't open until 10:00, so I went next door to TJ Maxx. I saw some cute things, but nothing really buy-me-now worthy. I had two girls following me there. At first I had smiles from them. Then, their smiles turned to looks of puzzlement. I heard them whispering to each other (one was sure I was a woman and the other didn't know). I made it a point to browse right near them later and engage in a little small talk, using my normal male voice. It started out a bit stilted, but after awhile, I think they got the idea that I wasn't creepy or anything. The one that was so sure I was a woman still couldn't believe it, while the other one looked smug. We complimented each other on our outfits (they really liked my blouse) and I left :)

I then went in to see my friends at Ulta for some confidence-building and bonding time. They are always so generous with their compliments - maybe more than I deserve. One of the girls there had never seen me dressed yet. She must have hugged me about three times. She apologized, but I said I didn't mind. My favorite person there has a husband about to go to Afghanistan in a few days. Since I have been in the sandbox a few times, I was able to give her a knowing shoulder to cry on and let her know what to expect. While I do love the compliments I get from these ladies, their friendship and acceptance of me as a woman is what I treasure most. She said that she assumed that I was doing some shopping today (duh!) and asked what for. I kind of blushed and told her that I was going shopping for, well, . . . boobs. :o I told them that the ones I had on were the attachables that were given to me, but I wanted a "matched set." I told them that I really liked the Amoena Tresias because the have an outer layer of lighter silicone that moved and felt like normal breast tissue. She laughed and said, "Well, every woman needs a great pair of boobs! Heck, when you get yours, we'll have even more in common." I asked her what she meant, and she said, "When you get yours, we'll both have a pair of boobs that were bought." :) She then told me about her first boob job, and all the fun that that entailed. She told me that when I get them that I should wear them as much as possible, because they do take some getting used to. She told me how she kept knocking things over with them, how when she was a waitress she would lean over and have them end up in the customer's drinks and more. We laughed, talked some more and another girl wondered if I had ever had a bad reception while dressed. My friend spoke up and said that if anyone ever treated me badly or didn't accept me, to let her know and she would come over and "take care of them" (Gee, I didn't know she was from New Jersey:)). As we said our goodbyes, one of the girls (Huggy Girl) asked if I ever got mad or sad. I asked her what she meant. She said that whenever I came in, that I was always happy - whether dressed as a man or a woman. She said that my cheerful attitude went a long way towards my acceptance. She said that at first, when she saw me and found out I was a guy, that she was kind of creeped out. After getting to know me, she said that it was impossible not to accept me, as it was obvious that I accept myself. I thanked her and we hugged (Yet again. I think she just wanted to feel my boobies :)) and I went off to my next stop.

The girls at the mastectomy store were there ready and waiting for me. I walked in the door and was immediately complimented on my outfit - and my boobies, of course. I told them that I like the attachables so much that I wanted to buy a new pair - or at least price them out. we went into a fitting room to see which ones would be best for my frame. The forms they had given me me were one triangular form and one teardrop. After trying a few different brands and types, the three of us agreed that the teardrop shape was best. The triangular one is meant to fit a bra pocket perfectly, but the teardrop shape looks the most natural. We also tried different sizes. I'm normally an A cup, but the girls wanted to see me in everything up to a D cup! :eek: I had brought the blouse that I was wearing, and a close-fitting sweater, so I could see how I would look in each. They prepped my skin and off we went. They made a couple of marker lines on my chest where the swell of the breast should start and stop. Next, they started with my normal size. They showed me some easy visual cues to placing the form and then attached them to my chest. Once again, let me say how much I love the feeling of the form almost molding itself to your body. Wow! I sat up, put my bra straps back up on my shoulders and adjusted everything until my cups were even. I buttoned up my blouse, they took a picture, then I put on my sweater and they took another picture.

Next came the B cups. When we did my first fitting almost a year ago, we decided to go with A cups since I am kind of (OK, obscenely) skinny, and because of my desire to blend rather than stand out. The B cups actually looked OK in my loose blouse, but a bit out there in my turtleneck. We took pictures of both tops and went to the C cups. We had to change bras for these boobies as they obviously wouldn't fit in my 36A bra. Finally, another pair of top changes and pictures and it was time for the D cups. Now by this time we were laughing up a storm. I told them that we all knew that I wasn't going to get the D's. They agreed, but said that every girl, if given the chance, would like to experience having "head-turning boobies." They brought the boxes into the room. They looked twice the size of the boxes the A cups came in. I asked what I was getting myself into and they said, "A lower back ache." :) They pulled these bad boys out of the boxes and I was just stunned. "You mean women actually carry things that large around with them normally?" I said. "Oh honey" the older sister said, "A D cup really isn't that large these days." The younger sister went to get a 36D bra. It made my little 36A bra look like a little scrap of fabric in comparison. Well, they hefted them onto my chest. It's a good thing I was lying back as they might have toppled lil' old me. As they molded them onto my chest, I looked down and started laughing. "What's wrong" the younger sister said. I laughed and said that I couldn't see my feet. We all got a kick out of that. :) I stood up and they adjusted my straps. I tried to put my blouse on, but it wouldn't button. I put on my sweater. They oohed and ahhed and said that with the way I looked in that sweater, that now I had the power to bend any man to my will. I said I would have a hard enough time just keeping my shoulders straight. My Lord, these things were huge!! They agreed that unless I wanted to be the center of attention, that someone with my small frame would be best with smaller boobies.

I changed back into my A cup forms and we uploaded all of the pictures to their computer. We displayed all of the front and side shots by cup size. It was obvious that the D's were out. The C's were not really flattering either. I was nothing but a tiny waist followed by nothing but boobies in the tight sweater shot. We spent the next 15 minutes going over and over the A and B cup shots. In the end, although the B's didn't look too huge to me, we went for what fit me best - the A cups. They said that since I was so thin that the A cups almost looked like B cups on me anyway. We chatted for a bit and ordered my new "girls." They thanked me for coming in and letting them have their fun (Man, those things were heavy!), and I was out the door.

Since I had some time to kill before having to change from a princess to a pumpkin (my 3 kids all had dental appointments at 3:00), I went to the Newgate Mall. I walked around for awhile, but spent most of my time in Dillard's. I love their shoes and beautiful clothes. Nothing was cute enough to try on in the shoe department, so I went upstairs. I tried on a few skirts and a gorgeous top, and decided on the top. I think the sleeves are a bit shorter than I'd like due to my manly arms, but the rest of it was too cute to pass up.

I then went to my favorite boutique when I'm on Ogden - My Closet. I browsed around the racks and tried a few things on, but didn't find anything. I saw a cute top in a beautiful red, but it was too small. The girl told me that she had just moved some long-sleeved stuff to the back room until Fall, and had a few things in the same color. I said I liked shopping a season or two ahead anyway, so she led me to the back room. In it, I found the turtleneck below. There are some clothes that as soon as you try it on, you immediately know that you love it! This was one of those tops. It looked great with my khakis, and would also look great with some skinny jeans and red pumps (va va voom!), but I can't wait to try it with a black pencil skirt and heels. Wow, do I love dressing up this way! Is this a fun life, or what? :)

After that, I went back to Ulta to show them my new tops and chat for a bit. Then I went into the bathroom and "changed back into a pumpkin." Sigh. It sure is sad to put my inner girl back in her box. Still, I feel so lucky to be able to do this. Don't you?

On the pictures below, the first two are of the top I bought at Dillard's. The last one is the cute red turtleneck. Enjoy! Once again, sorry for the crappy camera phone pics - my wife had the camera in her car this morning.

Kathi

JaytoJillian
07-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Great account of your shopping trip, Kathi. The pics are awesome!

SuzanneS
07-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Awesome story, Kathi! Love the pics, also! You do look great.

Suz

MissConstrued
07-02-2009, 09:42 PM
It was obvious that the D's were out.

Those would be good for when you travel to Wyoming... so the wind won't blow you away. :D

So which ones are you wearing in the first picture? Those look ginormous on you!

Kathi Lake
07-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Those would be good for when you travel to Wyoming... so the wind won't blow you away. :D

So which ones are you wearing in the first picture? Those look ginormous on you!Believe it or not, all of the pictures are from my normal A cups. Like they said, with my frame size, even a A cup looks big on me.

I'll keep the Wyoming idea in mind as they might work out as an improvised shelter from any sudden storms as well. :)

Kathi

Sara Jessica
07-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Wonderful story Kathi and cute looks...I especially love the Dillards top!

PaulaJaneThomas
07-03-2009, 02:07 AM
Nice story Kathi. I think you're right to stick with the A cup. They really suit your build.

GINA-CD
07-03-2009, 02:21 AM
I think I want your look but I'm sure I want your confidence. It makes you look so.... woman! I'm glad you have such a good time and found girls that help you every time. I love the first picture, love it! Thanks for sharing.

Kathi Lake
07-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Wonderful story Kathi and cute looks...I especially love the Dillards top!Thanks SJ! I love Dillards. As I said earlier, I've spoiled my wife so much over the years with cute clothes, that I only like the good stuff myself. We went shopping for her yesterday, and I'm in our room looking at three Dillard's bags, one Nordstrom's bag, one Talbot's bag and one Banana Republic bag. We both came home and took naps. My kids asked me why we were tired. I told them that shopping was hard work! :)

When we were in Talbot's yesterday, my favorite two SA's were there. When my wife was in the dressing room, she said my wife tried on the bamboo dress from my last post, and said one of us needed to get it, because we both looked cute in it. :)

I think I want your look but I'm sure I want your confidence. It makes you look so.... woman! I'm glad you have such a good time and found girls that help you every time. I love the first picture, love it! Thanks for sharing.Gina, in your many posts, I have always loved your confidence! You seem to have that brash (and sexy) attitude that I lack. We all want to be the "bad girl" sometimes. Using a Grease analogy, I'm more like Sandra Dee - reserved, shy, frilly, girly. You are more like Sandy - raw and sexy femininity.

Kathi

GINA-CD
07-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Gina, in your many posts, I have always loved your confidence! You seem to have that brash (and sexy) attitude that I lack. We all want to be the "bad girl" sometimes. Using a Grease analogy, I'm more like Sandra Dee - reserved, shy, frilly, girly. You are more like Sandy - raw and sexy femininity. Kathi
No way, I might look that way in my pics but it's been so hard for me to even try what some of you girls do everyday! I have confidence issues when compared to you, trust me! but thanks for the analogy. ;)

Sarah_new
07-06-2009, 08:03 AM
I loved reading your story and your pictures are great!

Trycia
07-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Story & pcs are great Kathi. Thanks for sharing!

Kathi Lake
07-06-2009, 11:25 AM
No way, I might look that way in my pics but it's been so hard for me to even try what some of you girls do everyday! I have confidence issues when compared to you, trust me! but thanks for the analogy. ;)Gina, that is so surprising! Looking at your pictures, I would imagine that you would be out there a lot! You are incredibly beautiful - to say that you pass is an understatement! Maybe my saving grace in the whole "confidence" thing is that I'm not bright enough to care. That or know that I'm not going to pass, but go out there anyway :)

Kathi