PDA

View Full Version : Shaved Legs

susancheerleader
07-02-2009, 09:34 PM
I shave my legs during the winter. When I can cover them up when I go out.
However, I've been reading some threads about others with shaved legs in public, without anyone caring. So I took the chance and kept my legs shaved when I started work, wearing my shorts.
For over a month, no one noticed. However, there was a gay guy that kept saying "Sexy Legs" to me, but I just mostly ignored it. However, one day he asked "Do you shave your legs?" And I said yes.
Obviously he spread the word. No one cares at all. But only one guy "teases" me about it, but not negatively at all.
I was kind of thinking about letting the hair grow back.... but the hell with that. I love my shaved legs!.

trannie T
07-02-2009, 09:42 PM
They're your legs, shave them if you wish, ain't nobody elses business.

Gabrielle Hermosa
07-02-2009, 09:42 PM
When I first started shaving my legs, I was very fearful of what people might think if they saw. I'd grow it back before every doctor's visit or any other activity when I'd expect people may see my legs.

After a while, I just couldn't stand to have my hairy legs anymore, period. I always hated growing the hair back. I always resented why I had to... and realized I didn't have to. It was all in my head - society's "gender rules" put that BS in there.

My whole body is shaved all the time, all year round. It has been for some time now. No one has said a single word about it, from doctors to family or co-workers. I don't think anyone's really noticed. I don't care if they do either.

If they ask, I'll confirm - I'm a shaver. I might even make fun of them for not shaving. :heehee: Keep 'em on their hairy toes. ;)

Rebecca Jackson
07-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi Susan,
I was just like you; having shaved my legs in the winter but letting the hair grow back during the summer, until this year. I finally shaved them a couple of weeks ago, and no one has said a word about it. I had to make an unexpected trip to the doctor yesterday, and he didn't say a word about my hairless legs. I've also thought about letting the hair grow back, but so far I still have smooth legs! Stay with it!

Rebecca

SuzanneS
07-02-2009, 09:44 PM
I would keep shaving your legs also...you go girl! If you have taken the step to shave your legs and still wear shorts, do NOT let one or two narrow minded people stop you from being who you are! I've been shaving my legs every now and then....I do prefer them smooth, though:o...but haven't had the courage to wear shorts quite yet, but you just gave me a little bit of courage!

Suz

Jaclyn NM
07-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Shave legs are definitely the best, especially with stockings. I went all last summer shaved and no one noticed, or said a word. I suppose if I had real dark hairy legs, the change would be obvious, but the hair on my legs is naturally very sparse and light. Anyways, once you've experienced shaved legs, I can't imagine going back.

Joni Marie Cruz
07-02-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm with Gabrielle. I keep shaved all the time and just couldn't stand to grow it out to please some one else's sensibilities. This is why Mother Nature gave us ocular muscles, so we can avert our gaze. If they don't like it, let 'em look at something else.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Starr
07-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I shave my legs and my the rest of my body and have for years.. now i don't wear shorts around the family or friends so no problem with that.. i did have a skin problem on my legs last year that I showed the DR and he ask if I shaved my legs and I simple said yes but I had been doing that for years so the shaving was the problem.. and it wasn't. Now I had an excuse but don't ever really use it.. the hair on my legs was long and grey.. it would slide though the fabric on my slacks and look like lint on my pants legs so that is one little reason I did it.. but the main one was it feels better in stockings..

sissystephanie
07-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Lots of male athletes shave their legs, for a variety of reasons. And most people don't pay that close attention to your legs when you are out in public anyhow. I haven't had hair on my legs for so long I don't even remember what it looks like!:D

I do know the girl who does my pedicure would be shocked if I came in with hairy legs!!:eek::eek: Smooth shaved legs rule!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

marny
07-02-2009, 10:42 PM
I started shaving my chest because I didn't like the hair tickling my chin. It was also only two regions where i sprouted grey. the chest hair is gone and the legs weren't far behind. There have been some looks but do I care? I have told my wife that if anyione looks at her or me funny,just tell them the truth. I won the tour de france 5 years in a row!

kymmieLorain
07-03-2009, 12:26 AM
I have been shaving my legs for about 4 years. I like my shaved legs and like others said, I don't care what others say.

Kymmie

Alice B
07-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Why let the hair grow back. Everyone knows, no one cares and I assume you like the feeling of shaved legs.

daviolin
07-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Keep thoughs legs shaved girl. I keep mine shaved all the time now. Oh so sexy. Anyway it ain't know bodys business if you shave your legs or not. I even wear my girl shorts all the time. Nobody notices. And if they did, get over it honey.flickr.com/photos/daviolin

Mya Summers
07-03-2009, 12:46 AM
I made a thread on this last night but about my neighbor possibly seeing my legs, and the more I think about it the less I care about anyone seeing my legs shaved, but I'm not a shorts person anyways but the only reason I wear them is while swimming.

Tanya C
07-03-2009, 01:02 AM
For me, shaved legs year round are an absolute must.
For one thing you avoid that painful toughening up period after the first shave of the Fall when you're legs are subject to cuts and burns and those horrible red bumps.

PaulaJaneThomas
07-03-2009, 01:58 AM
However, there was a gay guy that kept saying "Sexy Legs" to me, but I just mostly ignored it. However, one day he asked "Do you shave your legs?" And I said yes.

Gays apart, most people don't look closely at men's legs. Even then, the current metrosexual fashion means that hairless male legs are very common (usually in pairs ;)).

Marissa
07-03-2009, 02:08 AM
I have shaved my legs about 3 times in the past 6 months.. my hair grows slow.. anyway, i do get nervouse when i first shave them but after a few thin hairs come to light, i'm okay.

one of my 'workers' thinks that i am heraditely (sp) light haired with little on my arms..hehe.. i shaved them and it grows back slowly.. was waiting to explain my eyebrows since i shaved them, but got no real response..so i'll keep em trimed..

Hugs,

Chrissie P
07-03-2009, 03:07 AM
If you want to be womanly you shave your legs, that's the way I look at it. Besides it takes way too long to shave hairy legs. If you shave every day and miss a spot it doesn't matter, you will get it tomorrow. That's how GG's do it.

Jessica Who
07-03-2009, 03:26 AM
Right on! I love your attitude about the whole thing

Hope
07-03-2009, 03:34 AM
Seriously!

Most folks don't ask me about their grooming habits - So I don't ask them about mine.

SusanCACD
07-03-2009, 07:43 AM
I ussually keep my legs hairless, and this summer is no different. I moved to an apartment that has a sun deck on the roof and have been tanning pretty regularly. I was going to go to the farmers market down at the city park yesterday and realized my legs looked very very girly. I chickened out and didn't go. I don't get it. I went for a walk around the block last weekend in full dress and yesterday I was scared to go out with my legs shaved in guy cloths.
Susan

Bethany38
07-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Susan,
I used to be the same way. Then last year I started shaveing them, all year. I really thought some of the more macho alpha males I am friends with would have noticed and said something. As of the present time though,not one person has said anything to me. So now I am to where even if they did it would not mean anything to me. I have begun too (ever so slightly) kick that damn door right of the hinges.:D

DianneW
07-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Its like " MIND OVER MATTER" I don't MIND if you see them shaved & your opinion dosen't MATTER

Phyliss
07-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Not normally a "shorts" type of person but lately I've kinda gotten the bug of wanting to wear them. Happened to be in Famous Footware earlier today getting a pair of sandals. The S.A. commented that I have better looking legs than she has, (insert huge grin here) Thanked her for the comment, she went on to ask if I shave them, told her no I get waxed, which lead to an interesting chat about how it feels and where I go and what do I get waxed other than my legs. (everything) The look on her face when I said that, was priceless.

So, fuzzless legs, helped begin a cool conversation.

BabyPink
07-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Actually a lot of guys, not only TGs, shave their legs nowadays anyway, hence the plethora of depilating creams for males and shavers designed for male legs. I wouldn't worry about it at all. It's cleaner and feels nicer.

StaceyJane
07-03-2009, 02:11 PM
I shave my arms and legs everyday and I love it. I think it looks and feels great. Nobody has ever made a comment about it.

pantyhoselover
07-03-2009, 08:33 PM
For many years I raced bicycles, and so I had a great excuse if anyone asked (besides having nice legs:)). But I think nowadays, men shave their legs for lots of reasons, so people generally don't notice or make a big deal.
Besides, there is nothing like wearing hosiery over freshly shaved legs!

Angie G
07-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Susan isn't it great keeping them shaved I love it. I keep my legs done all year round. And nobody cares I even keep my under arms shaved.:hugs:
Angie

paulaN
07-03-2009, 09:48 PM
It's a matter of personal hygiene and that's all. Well maybe it's because if feels so damn good too. That is what I have ready to say when someone asks. It is really true about my arm pits that's for sure. Thing is only one person has ever asked in three or is it four summers now. Way to go Susan, keep um shaved and enjoy.

CD Susan
07-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Two months ago I was schedualed to go into the hospital to have some varicose veins removed from my legs. Although the doctors did not tell me to shave my legs I thought it was a good idea and went ahead and removed the hair on my legs. I have had surgery twice and several follow up visits and the doctors and nurses have not commented on my shaved legs. I used Nair for men the first time and it worked great. Now I use an electric razor on them every other day to get rid of the stubble. I wear shorts all the time and no one has made a comment yet on my shaved legs. The feeling of having smooth hair free legs is teriffic and I will never return to not shaving my legs. If anyone asks me about it all I have to say is I had to shave my legs for the surgery and I liked it so much that I kept them that way. Besides that they are my legs and I will do whatever I want with them. I really don't care what other people think.

Jin Xer
07-04-2009, 06:21 PM
I remember the first time I shaved my legs. What an incredible feeling!! I could literally feel my own skin w/out even touching it. It was probably the single most sensitizing thing I had done, and definitely made me feel over-the-top feminine. :fairy2:

Anyway now I usually shave them several times a week, but if I can let it go for a month, I can get that feeling again. On the other hand, putting the razor down is not so easy to do. I shave year round.

Jinny

Denise01
07-04-2009, 06:42 PM
I have had my legs shaved for some time now and never have had as much as a comment about it

A few years back i had to go into the hospital, for a procedure which would have necessitated the nurses to shave my legs.

When they came over to shave me, the nurse took one look, said oh, already shave, that is good and no further comments were even close to being heard.

I love the feel of being fully shaved as i feel much better,

I will be keeping fully shaved from now on as if all goes well, in less than a Month i will be out as Denise full time

Denise

:):):):)

love heels
07-04-2009, 06:49 PM
I have a friend who is a pro cyclist and he shaves his legs all the time so he is more streamlined no one says a thing to him. If it bothers you take up cycling tell them you want to go faster lol. :)

Samantha43
07-04-2009, 11:23 PM
I wear shorts all the time in the Summer. No one has ever said anything about my shaved legs. I don't think I could stand to have hair on them again.

Karen564
07-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Never had much leg or body hair, but when I did shave my legs way back, know one noticed, cared or said anything about it..
What's been great since being on HRT for years is the hairs got even thinner & lighter, But lately I haven't had any hair grow back since the last time I removed it all which was about 6+ months ago, & my legs are still smooth as silk & hairless today..:battingeyelashes: Hey, one less thing to do :)

joan47
07-05-2009, 05:48 AM
I shave my whole body and had laser hair removal on chest and back. I wear girls junior short shorts all summer with shaved legas and sandals with light pink on my toenails in male mode.. Iget a few stares from teenagers but never had a problem.

MrsDiane
07-05-2009, 06:13 AM
I've shaved my legs for a number of years. I have light hair so I am able to do a full body shave once a week using the new Gillete five blade razor . I also shower using Dove body wash which will keep you skin soft and smooth

Diane

leggylisa
07-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Shaving my legs all the time is a bit of a nightmare, not only does the hair grow back on my legs fairly quickly and its dark it hurts like hell too :( i suppose waxing would do the trick but im not someone who dresses up all the time so i kinda do it if and when i need too

Misty G
07-05-2009, 07:19 AM
I for one have kept my whole body shaved for several years now ad wouldn't dream of letting it grow back. The only comments I have ever gotten about it was what legs, and where did you get those legs

tonya2
07-05-2009, 07:20 AM
Been shaving my whole body now for a few years, wouldn't have it any other way. One guy I know asked about it about it a year ago, I just said that is what I preferred, he asked if I was turning gay, I said no, I just hate hair and shaving your legs does not make one gay. Summer is the best time, to get a great tan and have a shaved body and wear shorts all the time is so cool and keeps you in touch with your body. Sence I started shaving I am much more aware of myself, I work out more, watch what I eat and in general take better care of myself. Its a win win for me.

Tonya:)

Fondew2004
07-05-2009, 07:23 AM
I've not shaved my legs just yet....but I don have a question.

For our genitals...what is the best way to keep them smooth and hair free?? I've used a razor...tenatively. Scary!

So...what do you think is the best way??

michelle_j2005
07-05-2009, 08:00 AM
I bought a road bike and race in triathlons. People there looked at me weird when I didn't shave my body.:)

Annie D
07-05-2009, 08:59 AM
I have shaved my legs daily for several years and I wear shorts to work 6 months of the year. Occasionally, I will be asked if I shave them and I answer honestly. I don't even think about what others say anymore. Did I say that I am a high school coach and p.e. teacher....well now you know, and high school students are very observant; they notice my legs, my nails, and my pierced ears. I don't know what they say behind my back but I really don't care because my profession is full of transgendered, just like every other walk of life......Get over it!

Darlene-VA
07-05-2009, 10:18 AM
I have had shaved legs for several years now and not a single comment and I could not stand to have them hairy again it just feels and looks too good to every go back

Phyliss
07-05-2009, 10:19 AM
I .. have a question.

For our genitals...what is the best way to keep them smooth and hair free?? I've used a razor...tenatively. Scary!...

Yeah it is at first, something very sharp near "there" If you're gonna shave, exfoliate first with a loofa sponge, lots of hot water in the shower, a good shaving gel made for the bikini area and a brand new blade. Use a moisturizer afterwards.
Personally I have it done when I get waxed.

As for shaving legs,... I noted something odd this morning at the gym. Sitting at one of the weight resistance machines between sets, I saw about 6 or so hairs that I had missed yesterday when doing my "touch up" between my waxing appointments. Really bothered me to have that extra fuzz and I was self aware of it throught the rest of my time there.

Strange,.... have gone from being weirded out about lack of hair on my legs at the gym, to feeling yuck about 6 extra hairs that shouldn't be there.

Am I turning... ??????

miss teena
07-05-2009, 01:27 PM
I used to shave my legs in the fall and then about February I would let it start growing out for the summer. I came to realize that I couldn't stand having hair on my legs or my body period. I missed wearing sexy shorts and skirts and putting lotion on my freshly shaven legs. So now I stay shaved year round. I even wear shorts when I am in male mode and really only have had 1 person comment and it was a woman who noticed.

karynspanties
07-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Keep them shaved. I just started to shave my arms this week. Nobody has noticed, not even my wife. OR, they noticed but like most.....just don't care.

Joni Marie Cruz
07-05-2009, 04:21 PM
How often do you ladys shave your legs. I shave mine every two or three days. If I shave every day my skin gets red and sore. And for some reason my legs feel best the second day after shaving. If I put pantyhose on the same day I shave my legs will itch. Doed anyone else have this happen?

Hi Melissa-

I shave every time I shower, so daily, and so far I haven't noticed any irritation on my legs or anywhere else. There is the occasional divot especially if I'm in a hurry.

Like I said, I just hate body hair, the thought that hair is lurking just under my skin, hiding, stalking me, waiting and growing...ready to sprout at any minute! Follicle monsters about to erupt all over.....AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH! <Joni screams and runs around in circles for a couple of minutes> It's okay, I'm fine. Uhh, I'm gonna be in the shower for a few.<g>

Hugs...Joni Mari

KayleeB
07-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Hmmm, I am a regular leg shaver, it feels soooo nice when I've just done it. However, I am still new to all this and too scared to wear shorts, even in the summer heat still wear trousers. However from all the comments on here, about people not noticing, I may well 'Publish and be damned'...

Lainie
07-05-2009, 05:21 PM
depilated one leg years ago for knee surgery, took ages to grow back, felt wonderfully femme. Then depilated both legs for Halloween a couple of years ago when my wife was out of town. She freaked on return, forbade it, and complained about scratchy stubble while it grew back.:eek:

...of course I could have avoided the stubble by keeping up with shaving....:heehee:

Sylvermane
07-06-2009, 12:30 AM
started awhile back and kept up with it. cding or not it feels exquisite and i won't go back to regular again anytime soon.

Pauline Lauren
07-06-2009, 01:13 AM
I started shaving my chest and tummy area about 2 months ago. A few weeks later I just had to follow up with the legs! I love the way it feels, and it is well worth the extra shaving time! ;)

Now I shave my front daily, my legs every other day so all those stubborn hairs I got rid of don't come back. I decided I am not going to worry about what others think, if they don't like it they don't have to look after all! :)

I have been thinking about getting a depilator though, I have heard that it works much better than shaving.

Good for you Susan and don't sweat it, so far no one has said a thing about my legs, even those that know me and have seen me in shorts before. Either no one notices or wants to say anything!

>>>hugs<<<
Pauline

kiniguy
07-09-2009, 09:04 PM
I used to shave often but found it tedious. I always got neck pains from looking down and shaving for such a long period. I was always conscious of my legs so I would say a little fanatical about keeping them smooth. Just last fall, saved up enough money (it is expensive) and had laser hair removal. After 4 of 5 treatments on the feet, legs, bikini line, stomach and underarms, the results are incredible. Only about 20% growth now and most of it is so fine, you cannot see it. Now I only have to shave 1 or two times every 3 months to remove spots that are awaiting the 5th treatment and spot followups! I am thinking my face is next. The biggest headache is having to stay out of the sun for treatment in the 4 weeks prior to treatment. But it is worth it. Have a smooth summer!

Marcy_in_hose
07-09-2009, 11:25 PM
My legs are naturally pretty hairless except for my calf part. I shaved that along with the rest of my legs and it felt so great! I have a pantyhose fetish and putting on a pair of them right after a fresh shave in the shower was absolutely amazing. I went out in shorts in public forgetting that I had shaved, but after a day out either nobody noticed or nobody cared! So I just started doing it every week!

Blaire
07-10-2009, 01:31 AM
One day I just put on a pair of shorts without thinking, and after a couple hours the only one that noticed was me. One of those "oh gawwwd" moments.

If anyone did notice, nothing was said, and I'm in a fairly conservative location.

I think society as a whole, western in particular, is moving towards a semi-androgenous attitude towards grooming - shaving, mani-pedi's and the like. I know more guys that go off regularily to get their toesies done than girls.

Blaire
07-10-2009, 01:35 AM
After 4 of 5 treatments on the feet, legs, bikini line, stomach and underarms, the results are incredible. Only about 20% growth now and most of it is so fine, you cannot see it.

This is on my list for the summer... I have to add back to the list too, but not quite ready for face yet.

Georgia Rose
07-10-2009, 06:32 AM
I think at lot of us worry too much about some of this stuff. I'm fairly new at the shaving bit but am slowly getting there.

As someone else said society's views are changing. I was walking past a beauty salon a few weeks ago and looked in. The only customer was a big ugly looking guy dressed like a Hells Angel getting a manicure! If the bikies are doing it it must be ok for us.

O2B Barbara
07-10-2009, 08:02 AM
The shaved legs just go along with the painted nails! While I am still a bit nervous about going out in sandals and painted toenails (presently plum colored) I still do it. Jeans or shorts and only one person has commented on the toes. Young lady in the grocery store said she liked the toes and the color.

cassandra2601
07-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I congratulate you on your bravery!

cassandra2601
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I have tried shaving my legs, using creams and waxing my own - the waxing works the best I have found and the hair definitely takes much longer to grow back and the feeling in stockings with freshly waxed legs is fantastic! Permanent hair removal is too expensive for me!

My partner GG wants me to be completely hairless which I have done on a couple of occasions but I would never wax down there!

Parker0429
07-21-2009, 11:25 AM
I've been shaving my legs and chest, but recently began shaving more around my waistline and lower. I'm getting irritating red bumps. Will these eventually clear up?

rebecca_morris_75
07-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Yes they will. Just don't shave there for a few days, and don't wear anything too constricting in that area. At least that's what works for me.

Phyliss Hdson
07-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Hi susan,
great Avatar. This is the first time I have kept my legs shaved year round. I also shaved my arms for the fist time this summerr. Saw no point in hairy arms if my legs were shaved. I am out working every day in shorts and a tee shirt and if any one has noticed they have said nothing. Even after work a lot of times I am in shorts and short slevees and agian no one has sais a word. Other than my wife who dissapproves.
Hugs Phyliss

Stephanie Heplby
07-21-2009, 11:51 AM
I, too, have started laser hair removal over my whole body. My hair is medium to fine on very light skin, so it is working very well. For years I have been shaving my underarms, and I have always hated all that ugly body hair. I am incredibly happy to be rid of it.

My main recommendation is to get thee to a laser treatment now, before your hair turns grey. After it goes grey, the lasers no longer work, since the light focuses on the dark hair in the follicle. Hence, it also works less well on dark-skinned people. For those folks, electrolysis is the only permanent option.

I have to say that the only question for me is whether to go all the way with my goatee... I have had it for so many years (about 20).

PetiteDuality
07-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Well, the only time I shaved my legs it was the greatest feeling. But to be honest, I was a bit disappointed because of the looks.

I always thought that I have girlie legs that just were hidden by a thick layer of fur. I shaved once, and I don't know if it was because of the pink fog or what, but I thought that I had girly and beautiful legs, but it lasted about 2 o 3 days after I took a second look. The shape and muscle definition are typical of guy's legs. Actually I think that I'd never go out with my bare legs (well, maybe only showing some skin with capris, a girl has the rigth to dream :heehee:), because they would out me as a guy.

Having watched some pictures in this forum, I have to say that some of the gurls here have great girlie legs, specially the skinnier or the chubbier ones. But in many cases, it is clear for me that these are guy's legs.

I think that the girls that better pass are the ones with slimmer arms, nice skin and great makeup. Girls show arms more often than they show legs.

I think that our obsession with shaved legs is because legs are our body part that is more similar between genders. Arms, chest, midsection, face, everything else is pretty different between men and women.

Maybe I can tell better because I run and there are a lot of guys runners with shaved legs, and hence I don't automatically infer hairless legs = girl's legs.

By the way, I also prefer smooth legs as a guy (not only as a CD), but self consciousness and a wife that is not very happy about the smooth look keeps me away from doing it....

Tina P Hose
07-21-2009, 04:26 PM
I am still only shaving my legs in the fall/winter months. I have said it many times, "Nothing beats the feeling of pantyhose on freshley shaven legs".

Atleast I have worked up the nerve to post a partial photo of myself in my avatar:love::drink::brolleyes::devil::Angry3:

jruiz
07-21-2009, 04:33 PM
but it lasted about 2 o 3 days after I took a second look. The shape and muscle definition are typical of guy's legs. Actually I think that I'd never go out with my bare legs

Hi Petite, this happened to me and actually it helped me quit cding when I figured that the perfect female image I had about myself was completely unachievable even with my thought best female asset: my legs. It has not been easy to quit and I sometimes come here to browse the forum and going to the mall is hard (windows shopping doesn't count) but I'm trying hard and have been sober from the pink fog for about 2-3 months. The urge to shave my legs is not easy too but it's becoming easier with time

PetiteDuality
07-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Hi Petite, this happened to me and actually it helped me quit cding when I figured that the perfect female image I had about myself was completely unachievable even with my thought best female asset: my legs. It has not been easy to quit and I sometimes come here to browse the forum and going to the mall is hard (windows shopping doesn't count) but I'm trying hard and have been sober from the pink fog for about 2-3 months. The urge to shave my legs is not easy too but it's becoming easier with time

Well, good luck with your goal. It sounds hard to do. Using compression hoses has helped me to feminize my legs' shape. It's almost a must when dressing, even with pants or jeans

Laciegurl
07-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Just sounds like to me he may really like your legs. Especially if the teasing is completely out of jest. I'd give him a smile and start teasing back. Cause the best thing about being a woman is being a flirt. Give him a little of his medicine and see if he bites.

Laurelanne
07-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey let em eat humble pie, I still play hockey, and Ive shaved my legs (all the way) for at least the last 15 years continuously. Yep had comments and jabbs BUT Im me thats me and to heck with the rest, ..Ive shaved my chest etc too, but only in spring and summer, NOW this year Im gooing to appear in the locker room with that also bare..I dont care.. Im confident Im me..who they are is another matter.:D

Teri Jean
07-21-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm shaved from my eye brows to my toes and love it.

Teri

Scotty
07-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Had a guy come onto me and start rubbing my legs saying the same thing "Sexy legs" - told him same thing "Yup, shave em once a week"......

But I actually had a woman in Wal-mart tell me the other day I had nice legs - they are tan, I'm in good shape - and they are shaved...and at the end she asked if I shaved them "Yup, shave em once a week"......:)

Used to feel funny about it, but I don't even think about it - it's a way of life for me :)

PetiteDuality
07-22-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm shaved from my eye brows to my toes and love it.

Teri

How do you shave feet and toes? It's impossible to me to get a close shave in these areas.

Michelle123
07-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Susan, I think now that you have shaved your legs, you will be very unhappt if you have to let it grow back. I have been shaving my legs for many, many yrs. now, and I would never even consider letting it grow back. (fortunatly for me, I have very fine hair on my legs, and very little that would grow back anyway). I wear sheer stockings most all the time, and having hair on my legs with hose is not acceptable. (hairy legs in nylons is an awfull sight).
I wear shorts often when out in "guy" mode, and no one ever comment now. At first I would get some comments, but my reply would just be that I cant grow hair on my legs, and that seemed to satisfy anyone who asked....

rebecca_morris_75
07-22-2009, 10:00 AM
How do you shave feet and toes? It's impossible to me to get a close shave in these areas.
Very carefully?

PetiteDuality
07-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Very carefully?

No doubt! A cut there should really hurt.

rebecca_morris_75
07-22-2009, 01:13 PM
The first time I ever shaved my legs, I shaved my big toe and cut it horribly :sad: Makes me wince just thinking about it.

VictoriaP
07-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Wow! This is a timely post!! I just decided to and did shave my legs this morning and it feels great! I live in FLorida and I ALWAYS wear shorts. My wife assured me that nobody would notice; we will see about that! But who cares, it feels great and now I do not feel like I have to wear hot stockings JUST to cover my hairy legs, I can wear them if they go with my outfit.

lisajane
07-22-2009, 03:40 PM
I started to shave then 7 yrs ago I purchased a Braun Silk Epil epilator. The best money I ever spent on anything 'girlie':daydreaming:
After 7yrs of using the 'Little Ripper' I have about 40% of my leg hair left!:D I dont get comments on my legs from men but my girlfriend loves them hairless!:love:

Lisa

Deetg
07-22-2009, 03:51 PM
For all concerned about shaving, I have three words for you...Just do it! I wear shorts virtually daily and none has ever said a word about it!

Finally after year one decided to get laser treatments to legs, bikini area, underarms and even toes!... now no hair at all, except some fine hair on that pesky knee area!

It liberating to know that I could never grow the hair back if I wanted... love the permenance of it all...

Dee

Jeanna
07-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Shaving my legs off and on for about 4 years now but,,Permanent hair removal soon!

Michelle123
07-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Victoria. I'm so glad you decided to shave your legs, especially since you enjoy wearing nylons dear. But I must tell you that wearing nylons doesn't hide you leg hair. It just makes it look all "matted down" against your legs. unless perhaps you were wearing opaque hose, which are thicker than regular nylons. Anyway. I hope you enjoy that lovely feeling. Wait till you do put your nylons back on. You will simply love it if you havent experienced hose with smooth legs before. You are in for a treat dear....

skirtsuit
07-22-2009, 05:24 PM
I just shaved yesterday, for the first time in 2? years.

It's really phantastic - takes wearing pantyhose to a whole new level, the smoothest thing you'll ever feel!

Try it, you'll like it!

All the best,
ss

Btw - All this only furthers the mystery of why so few GG wear PH.

Jennifer James
07-22-2009, 05:38 PM
I just shaved yesterday, for the first time in 2? years.

It's really phantastic - takes wearing pantyhose to a whole new level, the smoothest thing you'll ever feel!

Try it, you'll like it!

All the best,
ss

Btw - All this only furthers the mystery of why so few GG wear PH.

How come GG's dont wear PH that often like they use to??

sexysusie
07-22-2009, 07:57 PM
I have shaved my legs...and everything below my shoulders...for a few years. At first I worried about what people might think, but nobody seems to notice...or care! I wear shorts all Summer.
Lots of men are into shaving legs, genitals, chest, etc. All of the laser places give prices for "Men's back and chest, etc" in their ads. I am a triathlete, and so many that I see are hairless; swimmers, cyclists, whatever!
I went to see a new doctor, female, that slid her hand under my green gown to feel along my groin area. She commented about "men that shave there..." assuring me that she was not put off in any way by my smooth tummy and groin. So, all that I can say is: "Yes...just do it!!!" It feels SO good!

skirtsuit
07-22-2009, 08:57 PM

The mystery is doubly deep because the only thing nicer than PH & shaved legs, Is the feeling of the lining of a nice dress or skirt rubbing up against said shaved PHed legs. So, therefore, if you work in an office where you are expected to dress well, you would be MORE likely to wear PH, not less.

SS

obsessedwithpantyhose
07-23-2009, 12:46 AM
bare legs and GGs......thank holloywood and that show c..ts in the city for the bare legged look,,,plus that stacy london,,anti pantyhose b....,,,,
thought life was all about individuality,,not everyone all dressed the same......:2c:

Brianna in Hose
07-29-2009, 01:37 PM
I have been shaving my legs off and on since last Halloween. I enjoy my shaved legs but the fiance isn't really comfortable with me doing it. She is going to have to get use to it because fall is coming and that me pantyhose all the time under my jeans.

Dutchess
07-29-2009, 01:48 PM
I shave ( well nair) my husbands legs and everything else too . He doesnt care anymore. He wears jeans to work , but everywhere else he just doesnt care . He says his "soft clothes " and his stockings ,feel so much better that way. No one says anything.

Dutchess
07-29-2009, 01:52 PM

I have wondered this too and I AM a GG .. Ill wear thigh highs or something . I am just not OK barelegged in a formal/business setting .

Kate17
07-29-2009, 01:53 PM
The thought of hairy legs -ugg ! One day before i told my wife, a friend said that he used to shave his legs because he was a weight lifter. Since i do a lot of outdoor sports - water ski, bike etc my hair was getting rubbed off in certain places so i said to my wife - now thats a good idea and did it. i also shaved my whole body. She never said a word except that she does not like hair either nor have any of my macho friends. After i told her about Kate she said - so thats why !!! - and we had a good laugh about it.

Keep them legs hair free - its the lady like thing to do and it really feels good.

rebecca_morris_75
07-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I have wondered this too and I AM a GG .. Ill wear thigh highs or something . I am just not OK barelegged in a formal/business setting .

I went to a wedding this past weekend and the only person (besides myself :)) wearing hose/stockings/nylons was my wife :eek: It was sad!

Dutchess
07-30-2009, 09:32 AM
I went to a wedding this past weekend and the only person (besides myself :)) wearing hose/stockings/nylons was my wife :eek: It was sad!

LOL well you BOTH were doing the right thing :hugs:

seriously....where I live ( on an island) I wear alot of surf/beach dresses bare in my vast array of fancy flip flops, as do alot of folks here but really ,,,

There are times like last year I had to go to court with an old ex over a custody issue with a nearly grown child and you better believe I wore my hose ,, I will actually take advantage and wear stockings and a garter/corset combo and really make it an occasion . Of course my husband delights in this and we have our own "dress up party" when we get home. Our daughters wear tights as soon as it gets cool in stripes/prints that go with their outfits .... so we are absolutely a nylons family .

The only time I dont like it is when my husband insists on wearing a white pair that I strongly dislike .. he LOVES these things and they have red bows up the back ..Ill be happy when they are worn out and as much as he wears them it wont be long..if they were any other color but white .. I just dont like that color on anyone ,,,

Jenny Beth
07-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Yesterday my wife and I went to our favourite swimming spot, it's on a tiny island barely a hundred across with a nice flat mossy area in the middle. Very few people use this lake as there are others that are easier to get to. Anyhow we had just got out of the water when two other couples arrived in their canoes and came ashore. I have kept my legs shaved for well over five years but this was the first time we were this close to anyone else for an extended period. We shared the island and chatted for the better part of four hours and there's no way they didn't notice my legs. I was a bit self conscious at first but in no time I felt completely comfortable. It's true, people don't care and from what I have seen are far too polite to question it.

JoanAz
07-30-2009, 11:42 AM
I live here in the Sunny South West, Lake Havasu Az.
It's a shorts for 10 Months of the year and I always have Epilated legs. NO ONE has ever said a thing, maybe it's the Shoulder length Hair that stops them,,,,,,

:love:

FeelingFem
08-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Just shaved my legs for the first time today. Amazing. Venus Breeze worked great (if only my facial razor was as smooth). I had to trim with the backside of an electric razor first to get rid of most of the hair (otherwise, the blade was going to clog often). Now, the silicone bands on thigh highs don't rip my hair out with every step I take. I also noticed that stockings / pantyhose didn't ride down as much (something many others have said here). Added benefit is nice smooth look under hosiery (no matted hair....yuck).

I need to wear light support thigh highs or hose (per doc) so wife was all for it after that <previously she was afraid of what others would think>. I never feared that since they'll be under my guy clothes at work. But hey, I'll take her acceptance any way I can get it. She's even giving me ads for pantyhose and thigh highs saying that certain brands would provide good support, etc. and recommending that I go around in shorts and pantyhose since it's so hot out this week. Amazing at the turnaround (think because it was validated by someone else). Now if only I could convince her that I have to buy bras and panties for the support as well <ha, ha>.

urmilaaa2008
08-11-2009, 05:32 AM
i had sparse thin hairs , i removed them with the hair removing cream, which my wife uses. felt nice and since then having smooth hiarless legs and chest. only thing is i have to use moisturising cream regularly during winter to keep the skin from becoming dry and crack up, especially on legs. (in india we dont use stockings, otherwise that would have given the protection, perhaps)that was even before i even started cross dressing, and nobody has noticed or bothered to make any comment.

Misty G
08-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Susan : I for one have had my whole body shaved for about 10 yrs. I can't even imagine letting it grow back for any reason. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/smilies/hugs.gif

DAVIDA
08-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Smooth everything!(outside the bikini line)
I wear shorts all the time. I have shaved my legs every day for years. If anyone has even noticed, they have not said anything to me.
I also epilate my arms and hands. It lasts longer.
I shave my chest, pits, and belly. I also depilate my back.
Now, ask me if I care if anybody notices.:heehee:

Terri Andrews
08-11-2009, 07:13 PM
I shave all over and like many others have said ,if anyone notices they have not mentioned it to me , Besides ,not sure I care what they think

MichelleMonaco
08-11-2009, 07:45 PM
I shave my entire body and even get pedicures with black polish. I've been told I look great as a guy and as a girl so whatever. The little Thai honey that does my pedicure is super sexy and girlie so we enjoy the process together. She loves the fact that when she massages my legs they're smooth. BTW, the leg massage is the best part of the pedicure. ENJOY!

lee in a skirt
08-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi everyone.

Just wonded how many of you shave your legs on a regular basis?

I kind of want to but my accepting SO does not want me to. Is there any activities i can start doing to make an excuse to shave them or not?

Ive recently started fighting like boxing and mma. How do you think they will react to shaved legs?

Advice please

Lee

tvbeckytv
08-12-2009, 08:24 AM
cycling is the usual favourite as an excuse

Joni Marie Cruz
08-12-2009, 08:27 AM
What Becky said. And I think a lot of competitive swimmers also shave. As to what the guys at the gym will say, who knows? Good luck.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Stephanie Stephens
08-12-2009, 08:30 AM
The other day I wanted to shave my legs in the worst way. My wife don't like me doing that either. So she said "please wait until after summer". I took this as validation and said OK. This gives me something to look forward to. This is marriage, give and take.

Honeygirl
08-12-2009, 08:32 AM
All the above apply i.e. cycling/swimming /gym however with all the male grooming products available today I don't think it is that surprising to some people to just say 'I just disliked being so hairy and wondered if this would mske me feel a little cleaner and better about myself.

Good luck! P.S. I shave all the time winter and summer

Honey

PetiteDuality
08-12-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm in your same situation. I even googled to see if there is any dermatological disease which only cure is shaving. As far as my research went, there isn't :sad:

I will run a marathon and I plan to shave my legs just after summer vacations, one month before the marathon, and keep them smooth at least until the marathon goes.

I'm in the closet. I shaved my legs once and my wife didn't like it. She didn't forbid, but said that it looked awkward and feminine (duh!). I told her that if she doesn't like it I wouldn't do it. But I guess that the marathon is a good excuse. What do you think? Would you buy it if you were not a crossdresser?

linnea
08-12-2009, 09:38 AM
I always keep my legs shaved. It's not that big a deal--though I thought that it would be when I started doing it. When I occasionally wear drab shorts or a man's swim suit, I don't get any odd looks and no one questions it. Don't worry about it or about excuses to explain it.

Rachel Morley
08-12-2009, 09:44 AM
I keep mine shaved 24/7 all year round. I've been doing this for over 10 years, way before I was out of the closet. I used to workout in the gym a lot and told my friends that I liked the smooth, tanned, bodybuilding look even though I was only moderately muscular.

Male underwear models, bodybuilders, swimmers, cyclists, and all manner of people have little or no body hair. Some people might see it as being unusual or that you are being vain but that's their problem not yours. It's no big deal to not have body hair ..... unless your girlfriend likes a manly looking man with hairy legs. However, maybe in time she might get used to it. That's what happened with my wife when I started shaving my arms about 3 years ago. She wasn't too keen on it at first, but then after seeing it often she kinda got used to it and now she thinks I look better because of it ... especially when I'm en femme in sleeveless dresses. Tan your legs (I use a bronzer) after you shave them they look much better when brown and smooth.

Shelly67
08-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Its an addiction that spreads ....right thru the entire body !!
I started with the legs , then progressed to all over .....
Crazy as it may seem to some , to bathe , shave fully arms , legs , ect then talc all the areas that ( cough ) need it is one of the greatest feelings to experience . For me it feels so clean . I think in this day and age of metro sexuals ect it will certainly catch on .......... If you look next time youre out and about , you,ll see regardless of dressing or not theres a lot of guys wearing shorts , ect who now take personal grooming to the next level .....:)

Olivia
08-12-2009, 09:59 AM
You need no reason other than, "I like them that way." :) I've kept mine shaved for 4 years and still haven't heard a single comment, and this in small-town Texas! Since I'm in shorts for most of the warm season, I shave more frequently than I do in winter. Heck, no one can see them if they're encased in jeans, I can be a little lazy with shaving. In summer, I shave them every other day or two; in cooler weather I'll wait a few days. Enjoy the feeling, after all, they are your legs. O

diannecourtney
08-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I shave everything in sight except my arms and I enjoy the feel of my girly things next to the finshed product, makes me feel years younger. Keep up the pleasures.

Jin Xer
08-17-2009, 08:01 PM
I shave my entire body and even get pedicures with black polish. I've been told I look great as a guy and as a girl so whatever. The little Thai honey that does my pedicure is super sexy and girlie so we enjoy the process together. She loves the fact that when she massages my legs they're smooth. BTW, the leg massage is the best part of the pedicure. ENJOY!

In the past, I told people I shaved because during a massage it pulled on the hairs and was painful. And it does make a difference. I love a massage just after shaving. But now I'd say it's because I like the way it feels, smile at them, and then talk about something else. :)

Laciegurl
08-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Here for the last like six months I have been going completely hairless, except for arms and head. My wife doesn't mind and actually loves my legs. Says they are shapely. Does that mean she thinks I have fat calves lol. The best thing I love about shaving them is rubbing lotion on them right after shaving when they are so super smooth. I love it and I don't think I'll ever go back.

NathalieX66
08-17-2009, 10:54 PM

I was a on a road-racing team for a few years from high school till college...road races& criteriums.
Shaving legs....all true. My mom freaked out when I did it , because my coach told me so. I've been on & off. ....came to the conclusion that in any circumstances, including guy mode, that "no hair" was a thousand times better than hair.

Phyliss Hdson
08-17-2009, 11:10 PM
For the last several months I have kept my legs and arms shaved and have been wearing clear nail polish on both my toes and fingers. I work out side every day in shorts and a tee shirt and because I work on a boat I am barefoot most of the time. As of yet, if anyone has noticed and I sure they have at least notced my legs, they have said nothing.:)
I just spent a week on vacation in much the same manor and again no one seem to pay much attention.
Even when I am in drab and go for my manicures/pedicure the salon girls don't seem to pay it much mind. Although the last time there must have still been a little color left over after the weekend as I did get a couple of curious looks while she was doing my toe nails. I f they ever do sayanything I will siply let them choose the color they want to put on them LOL:battingeyelashes:

I say go for it.

Hugs Phyliss

Veronica S
08-18-2009, 03:41 AM
I've kept my legs shaved for 2 years now, and not even once has anyone commented. My leg hair seems to grow faster than my wife's though, so I have to shave more often as she doesn't like the stubbly feel.

Marla16
08-18-2009, 04:55 AM
I have the opportunity to dress this week aas my family is away, So the First thing I did was get a set of nails and pedicure, Secound was a full leg wax, I,m not very hairy but my legs are so smooth. I dont need to wear hose. Its so nice to put some baby oil on my legs and show off my toes. I went to mall in a denim skirt and my sandals and fit in perfectly. Its summer thats how GG's are dressing. I dont care what anyone thinks I like being a soft smooth Girl

soler_abril
08-18-2009, 05:14 AM
I shaved my legs all the year. My wifes accept and help me.

Lisa LIckorice
08-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Since I've been shaving I've noticed that there are a lot of guys that shave their legs. My sons music teacher, guys at Starbucks, guys out walking with their girlfriends, etc..... No one seems to care so why should I! That's pretty cool and makes me think the world is becoming more accepting of things all the time. :battingeyelashes:

DonnaT
08-18-2009, 12:24 PM
I've been shaving for a couple of months now.

My wife was against it, yet she seems to like rubbing my legs.

I feel a need to shave them everyday, due to the stubble.

I also wear toe nail polish and sometimes even fingernail polish.

No one has said anything at the gym, and I regularly use the pool for lap swim and there have been no comments about my legs or polish.

The pool has been closed for a few weeks now due to maintenance, and I use the elliptical, cycle and treadmill. Still no comments about my legs.

And I wear ladies tank tops, as well as women's tennis shoes. The only thing I have on that was made for a male is the underarmour compression shorts and the gym shorts.

GemmaK
08-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I've been shaving all over for 3 or 4 years now. Wife is ok but doesn't like the stubbly feel occasionally. The only comment I've had is from a long time friend who asked about it whilst he was sat on a settee next to me. He just accepted the explanation I gave - genuine at the time - but I'd now say I just prefer it, which I do. In fact, I feel "dirty" if not shaved once a week at least. I wear shorts - including a couple of pairs my wife passed on, sunbathe on public beaches, etc., no reaction. I was nervous initially, but as most have already said, people either don't notice or don't care.

MichelleP
08-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi Susan,

Keep'em shaved. It's nobody elses business but yours.

Michelle

Jamie001
08-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Why does this same thread regarding leg shaving come up every two weeks? Why can't folks understand that they are YOUR LEGS and if you want them shaved then shave them! It is no anyone else's business. It is really that simple.

jenna_woods
08-18-2009, 02:55 PM
I have shaved my legs for years and no one has ever noticed, except other gulls,in face I shave all my body and love it.

tinagirlcd
08-18-2009, 03:41 PM
I keep my legs shaved.