PDA

View Full Version : Alter Ego...

Leslie Langford
07-03-2009, 01:44 PM
For those of you who have adopted either a "normal" female or androgynous-sounding screen name for this forum as I have, did you ever "Google" it to see if you have any "real-life" namesake(s) out there? You know, on sites like Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, High School Reunion websites and the like...

I have, and it was quite a kick to see who some of my alter egos were and what they looked like. Turns out that in another life, I could have been a 15 year-old girl or a high-powered female business executive, among others. Kind of like an internet version of that '60's game show "To Tell The Truth" :D.

Then again, maybe I have too much time on my hands these days :doh:

Summer
07-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Oh, I'll give it a try.
Sounds like fun, I'll let you know!
Summer:love:

Summer
07-03-2009, 02:45 PM
There are 43 of us in the US. Mostly younger than I and two were very cute indeed.
Thanks it was fun
Summer:daydreaming:

trannie T
07-03-2009, 03:16 PM
I googled my femme name and the search revealed that ******* ****** had been charged with murder. Turns out I share a name with a character in a television program.

PaulaJaneThomas
07-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Just Googled mine and found a very nice lady on Facebook. I wonder if she likes Badgers?

Chrissie P
07-03-2009, 03:48 PM
LOL !! I Googled Christine H. Perkins and all I got were old ladies that died...

At least they were old !!

Kate Simmons
07-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Who says we aren't? This is only one dimension of many you know.:)

Ralph
07-03-2009, 06:21 PM
OK, I'll bite. I googled "Ralph" and came up with something over 91 million hits. It may take me a while to get back to you with a more detailed answer.

Interestingly, "ralph" + "crossdressing" gives me 92,000+ hits, and if I widen that by allowing variations (ralph + crossdressing OR crossdresser OR transvestite) it bumps up to 145,000.

Alice B
07-03-2009, 06:30 PM
When I goggled my name I came up with a lot of hits that were actually about me. Mostly from articles I had written or from photo contests. Did come up with several others that are from England in the late 1800's. Don't think I was around then

Jessica Who
07-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Oh yea, I google "Jessica De Leon" all the time now, and I find that in most search engines I am actually one of the top results :)

Microsoft's brand new search engine Bing has me as the #2 result

- Jessica

Joni Marie Cruz
07-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Oh yea, I google "Jessica De Leon" all the time now, and I find that in most search engines I am actually one of the top results :)

Microsoft's brand new search engine Bing has me as the #2 result

- Jessica

Well of course you are, girl. I wouldn't have expected anything else.

On the other hand, when I Google (verbing nouns is so fun) my name, Joni Marie Cruz, all I get is stuff I've posted on various sites. Including some rather embarassing ones I don't actually remember doing. Ahh, Bacchus, you rascal you.

Hugs...Joni Mari

jennCD
07-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Yep, I tried it,.. and then I realized that there were so many of me online, chances are no one would ever find the real me at all.... talk about feeling lost in a crowd.

:)
jenn

Angie G
07-03-2009, 08:55 PM
I think I'll do that thanks Leslie.:hugs:
Angie

Aubrey Green
07-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Everything from an electrician, sports writer, former hockey player turned chiropractor and ceo of a non-profit org to a green tea moisturizer. Ha! that's funny. :daydreaming:

Marcia Blue
07-03-2009, 10:10 PM
My alter ego runs a real estate office. I did not realize that
"Marcia Blue" could be a real person. She is few years older than I am.

Jessica Who
07-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Well of course you are, girl. I wouldn't have expected anything else.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Aw, thanks Joni :)

Rachel Morley
07-03-2009, 10:29 PM
I did! .... and the first four entries that came up in Google are me .... yes that's the me that is me the CDer here Rachel Morley! I guess I must be famous as a TG person or something or other :lol: or I post a lot of crap! .... and I'm there again all over the place in Google images :)

The other most prominent Rachel Morleys according to Google positions are an Australian Consultant and an 18 year old cute GG. Btw ...my wife, Marla Morley is also a high hitter in Google but there is another Marla Morley who is the mayor of Belle Plaine, Kansas :lol:

Ralph
07-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Oh yea, I google "Jessica De Leon" all the time now, and I find that in most search engines I am actually one of the top results
So you're saying you prefer to be on top?
(whistles innocently):battingeyelashes: