PDA

View Full Version : pedicure with polish... my first

DinaMature
07-04-2009, 06:11 AM
My GF/SO had her regular salon visit Friday, and offered to treat me to a manicure. I opted instead for a pedicure; I do keep my toes polished now and am still developing the condition of the cuticles. I thought having a pro get at them can only do a better job than what I've accomplished.

I'd removed the old polish before we left but the worker could see residue at the cuticle line and immediately remarked on it. I took that as the moment to pull my bottle of polish from my pocket and advise her I wanted them done fresh as part of the treatment.

The lady didn't bat an eye and carried on as if it was an everyday thing. I commented it probably wasn't typical for the men she works on and she remarked they generally go for a clear coat.

This is a large full treatment day spa facility with massage and waxing services as well as usual the hair, facial and nail treatments. Two stories of luxury. The ladies there were all very professional and didn't make me feel at all uncomfortable.

My feet got a nice soak, bathing, exfoliation and rub down before the actual nail and cuticle treatment. She finished by applying the polish in quick deft movements... that part was much easier and neater when done by her than I've ever managed.

All in all it was a very positive experience; certainly a first for me.

Phyliss
07-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Now that you've tasted the "good stuff" you'll never want to go back to the "old ways"
I haven't touched my toes in almost 5 years. Monthly pedicures. Just gotta love it.

Leanne2
07-04-2009, 07:36 AM
I used to get manicures and pedicures all the time but now there is a money shortage at our house so I can't do that any more. All of my beauty money is spent on getting my hair done and brows waxed.
A few years ago my wife received a gift certificate for a massage at a spa. She doesn't like that sort of thing so she gave the certificate to me to use. At the spa everyone changed into fuzzy white robes and sandals. I was the only guy there. While some of us girls waited for our treatments we sat in a lounge and were served wine.
Then I was called back to the massage rooms. It was wonderful. I would do that once a week if I could afford it. Leanne

Angie G
07-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Sounds like something your going to do again Dina.:hugs:
Angie

Steffy
08-19-2009, 01:10 AM
I love getting a manicure and pedicure where I get them done
the girls know me. They know what color I like they even choose
what design I put on for that week. There is notthing better than
having someone make you feel pretty like the princess that we are!
Am I right ;)