PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Dear Abby-or Dear Ann Landers

helenr
07-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Somewhere I have a clipping from perhaps a dozen years or more ago. There were four ladies playing bridge, one brought up men who crossdress-must have been a story in the newspaper. While three made small talk, one reflected on her recollections of her late husband. It turned out that he was a photographer and had a development studio-his wife never entered less she pop in and ruin the film. After he died and she had the task of cleaning out his studio she was stunned to find both a closet full of ladies clothing and images he had taken of himself.
She caringly moved 'his' clothes to be near hers in her closet and remarked how sad she was that she didn't know of this chapter of his life--clearly he was expert at concealing this!
I might question whether she would have wanted him to be fussing away in front of the makeup mirror, wearing lingerie in front of her, etc, but clearly she was 'mourning' that she knew nothing of this critical component of her late husband-and felt sadness that she never had the chance to , perhaps, offer positive feedback to him or whatever.
I wish that all wives would read this and reflect that what we do, for the most part, doesn't include trying to emulate females physically-we just have this strong drive, doesn't mean it will lead to any XXX behavior, as perhaps is feared by many wives. Most sensible crossdressers do their utmost to keep this activity a secret as reading posts clearly show the highly inflamatory nature of such a revelation! And this is so sad. helen

Angie G
07-04-2009, 08:56 PM
It is sad so much quality time with ones life partner can be lost to not knowing or wanting to know that your partner dresses. Thinking he's a perv or other bad thing go through there heads. It's time lost that can never be gotten back.:hugs:
Angie

SherriePall
07-05-2009, 08:33 AM
I remember that when it was first published. Sadly, not all wives would be like that after a CDer's death.

helenr
07-05-2009, 09:58 PM
you are both correct and I appreciate your posting. helen

dawnmarrie1961
07-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Helen, I like these touching stories that you seem to be able to find. Keep 'em coming.

Helps me to remember things.

My mother used to take care of elderly people in her home. One of the ladies had a husband that would come to see her every Sunday dressed up as a woman. I think he did this because he missed her so much and wearing her clothes made him feel like she was always around.

I remember how much it bothered me that my father always made some cruel remark about it to us.

helenr
07-07-2009, 10:16 PM
cruel remarks seem so futile I wonder why they are spoken?