PDA

View Full Version : Relationships as a CDer

Sherry-Stephanie
07-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Now that it appears that I'm embarking on "singledom" since the wife can't accept my dressing my thinking is this.

Are we better or worse off to be single if we can't have a wife or SO who can truly accept us as dressers? If we can have a few female friends who are OK with us gilrs will go out and do things with us as friends etc would that work better than to be in a relationship where at best we're jsut tolerated and in some cases disliked to the poiint tha the wife decides to find other males for ehr pleasure rather thna be with you....

Just thought I'd throw this one out and see what your thoughts are....I'm particulary interested in knowning how you all moved on after breakup with a wife or SO over the dressing issues and what you did or experienced as you embarked on your new life being single....

Joni Marie Cruz
07-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Hi Sherry-Stephanie,

<hug> I know you've been going through a lot lately, I have read your posts even though I may not have commented. You have my sympathy and best wishes.

Oddly enough, my wife and I have sort of discussed this, not that we are planning to break up or seperate. (Knock on wood.) My feeling is that if our relationship collapsed it would not be worth the mental and emotional energy to pursue a new one. If one sort of came along, that would be okay, but all the hassle of dating and working on a new relationship, and they do require work, would be just too much. So the occasional one night stand if it should present itself, but a long term monogamous one, not this girl. Sorry if that sounds kind of cheap or tawdry or self-centered.

Just my thoughts. Best of luck to you, hon.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Sherry-Stephanie
07-05-2009, 10:09 AM
I seriously doubt that there would be another relationship in the offering...but a simple friendship I think would be fine....at least that's what I'm thinking...since gg's are more accepting of CDers/gay guys etc as friends....plus being intimate with a female is impossible for me now physically that is....

Kate Simmons
07-05-2009, 10:09 AM
My opinion? Even the best of relationships with accepting SO's has to have bad days. Days when the dressing is the farthest thing from their mind but there nonetheless and annoying. By having such a relationshp, we willingly make our SO a "partner in crime" sharing the secret that cannot be revealed to others for whatever reason. That never happened with me as my wife was never accepting but if she were I would have had to consider whether or not to place that burden on her shoulders. It's not as easy for accepting SO's as it may look.

Rachel Morley
07-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Are we better or worse off to be single if we can't have a wife or SO who can truly accept us as dressers?
That's a very personal decision that only you can make, but if it were me, I know I'd rather be single than be with a woman who doesn't accept it.

It's a little bit different for me as I'm extremely fortunate because my wife actually likes a feminine partner and looked to date a CDer before she met me. If (God forbid) something ever happened and we weren't together anymore, after I took a million years to get over it, I don't think I could be with someone who couldn't accept this part of me.

Miranda-E
07-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Now that it appears that I'm embarking on "singledom" since the wife can't accept my dressing my thinking is this.

Are we better or worse off to be single if we can't have a wife or SO who can truly accept us as dressers?

Much better off.

If we can have a few female friends who are OK with us gilrs will go out and do things with us as friends etc would that work better than to be in a relationship where at best we're jsut tolerated and in some cases disliked to the poiint tha the wife decides to find other males for ehr pleasure rather thna be with you....

Friends are much better than staying in a mentally abusive relationship

Sarah...
07-05-2009, 10:46 AM
First of all, I'm sorry to hear that your relationship has foundered. That's tough under any circumstances.

I gave some thought to your question:

So, let's not get into semantics of CD / TS / TG definitions and where you fit etc etc. Lets just go with the title as it applies to a CDer. And let's assume a part-time CDer. What if you had asked:

Are we better or worse off to be single if we can't have a wife or SO who can truly accept us as climbers?

...or:

Are we better or worse off to be single if we can't have a wife or SO who can truly accept us as cyclists?

...or:

Are we better or worse off to be single if we can't have a wife or SO who can truly accept us as christians?

...or:

Are we better or worse off to be single if we can't have a wife or SO who can truly accept us as atheists?

...or:

Are we better or worse off to be single if we can't have a wife or SO who can truly accept us as executives?

...or:

Are we better or worse off to be single if we can't have a wife or SO who can truly accept us as blue collar workers?

...or:

Are we better or worse off to be single if we can't have a wife or SO who can truly accept us as republicans?

If you were any of those things and believed in them strongly enough then surely you are better off being single, to address your question in a very singular manner. Why would you seek to spend your life with someone if they could not accept who you were? So, although it is so painful for both parties, decisions about relationship longevity need to be taken for the best outcome for both people.

So, there's a singular answer.

However, don't assume that you can't have a wife or SO who truly accepts you as "a dresser". That's not the case.

Sarah...

Misty is Kindafem
07-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Sorry if that sounds kind of cheap or tawdry or self-centered.

What? Not you honey.

You're not self centered at all. :D

-Misty

Joni Marie Cruz
07-05-2009, 11:58 AM
What? Not you honey.

You're not self centered at all. :D

-Misty

I know! And I am so working on that. It needs to be more about me, me, me, dammit!

Hugs...Joni Mari

CD Susan
07-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Sherry-Stephanie, I am sorry to hear of the situation you are in because of your dressing. I was in a similar situation many years ago. My wife at that time was not accepting of my cd'ing and was convinced that I must be gay (not true) to want to do this. She was very closed minded and no amount of trying to get her to at least tolerate my dressing if not accept it would work. My mistake was not telling her before we got married and I realise that was wrong of me. I thought that being married would "cure" me of my strange habit but soon discovered that this was not going to happen. After enduring many years of a marriage where there was no love I filed for divorce. That was the smartest move I ever made and we are both much better off now. That was 14 years ago and since then I have never had any desire to remarry. I much more prefer being single and I live a life now of complete happiness. This may not be the path that you wish to follow, all I am saying is that this is the way that I prefer to live. I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do.

Sherry-Stephanie
07-05-2009, 12:38 PM
CD Susan...My wife at that time was not accepting of my cd'ing and was convinced that I must be gay

Here's the funny thing about this whole situation which I am having a bit of a problem coming to terms with....

My wife is Bi...and she when we first started dating aksed if I'd like to exprience another guy...so she set it all up and after wards became jealous of the fact that I was also bi...and has been ever since. My dressing ahs come out of my bisexuality....of which she was very isntrumental in bring out...so it's that issue she's telling me is the cause along with the fact she wants to be single again and free to day...and she doesn't love me like she did when we got married and it's been 10 years that she hasn't felt in love with me....but keep in mind I've only dressed for the past year and 4 months....so I really think the issues here that is killing this marriage is others reasons than my dressing..."the dressing is the issue that makes her look like the poor victim" in all of this....rather than her bailing out on me...JMHO

LilSissyStevie
07-05-2009, 12:44 PM
....plus being intimate with a female is impossible for me now physically that is....

You've said that several times in your various threads. That seems to me to be the elephant in the living room. If I couldn't function any more it would only be the end of a good part of my sex life but it certainly wouldn't be the end of hers. Maybe you need to learn some new skills. Sure, it won't be as satisfying for you - at least not in the same way, but do it for her. Heck, do it for England.

:love:

sissystephanie
07-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Sherry, I am really sorry to hear that you and your wife are splitting up. Of course, most of those on the forum know that I was happily married for 49+ years to a dear lady who was totally supportive from the very beginning. Only in the last 4 years, since she passed away, have I experienced what it is like to be alone as a CD. I do have loving chidren and lots of friends. I also am fortunate to have a very dear GGF, who does know that I CD and doesn't care! I can, and do, talk to her about it, but nothing else occurs. She is, as I said, a dear friend, but she is married! I would never come between any married couple, no matter what.

Also, I have no desire to be a woman so men don't interest me at all!

What I wonder, Sherry, is what is more important to you? From your posts I think I already know, but the question is this. Is crossdressing more important to you than your marriage? And as far as the sexual side of marriage, I also have had for years a physical problem like you. But there are many other ways to satisfy a woman sexually, besides letting her find another man!

Have you tried to talk to your wife about setting boundaries for crossdressing? Have you tried any type of counseling? During the 49 years of our marriage, my wife and I counseled (without any formal training!) several couples who were having similar problems. The main answer, which has been mentioned many times on this forum, is open and honest communication. No marriage will succeed without that!

But marriage is a two party give and take! Both parties must be willing to give a little, or the marriage will not endure very long.

Sorry for the length of this, but I just had to get it off my bosum!!

:hugs::hugs:

Sherry-Stephanie
07-05-2009, 12:56 PM
You've said that several times in your various threads. That seems to me to be the elephant in the living room. If I couldn't function any more it would only be the end of a good part of my sex life but it certainly wouldn't be the end of hers. Maybe you need to learn some new skills. Sure, it won't be as satisfying for you - at least not in the same way, but do it for her. Heck, do it for England.

There in lies a significant part of the problem ..she's rejected me and refuses to help me learn new skills....thus the reason she's already gone out with other guys and the reason she wanted to be single

What I wonder, Sherry, is what is more important to you? From your posts I think I already know, but the question is this. Is crossdressing more important to you than your marriage

I've even offered to give it up even when I started to dress...I told her that I'd stop and not do it if it meant that our marriage/relationship would suffer...she never asked me to stop.... Even now I've said I stop if that would bring her back...she said she's always have in the back of her mind that I'd wan tto be a girl....and that it wouldn't matter now...

Sooo does that answer your question?????

AKAMichelle
07-05-2009, 01:10 PM
That's a very personal decision that only you can make, but if it were me, I know I'd rather be single than be with a woman who doesn't accept it.

AMEN

I know what you mean by this comment. I have been thinking about it a lot lately. I think I would be much happier alone than with someone who doesn't accept. That's why I was separated for a year, and now may be nearing a conclusion with a divorce.

leggylisa
07-05-2009, 01:21 PM
As my entire lifestyle isnt based around dressing i think my wife accepts it enough for us to live as normal, we love eachother a huge amount and i dont think that this would ever break us up. Myself i dont go out and about dressed and it is a purely indoor sexual pleasure, i could see how it would be very hard for a partner to accept if you wanted to live like this. I hope you find what you are looking for in life and someone that can accept you

Sherry-Stephanie
07-05-2009, 01:33 PM
But I've jsut started going out after she started going out with the guys and meeting them at bar recently....

Jessie.tv
07-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi
I'm relatively new in here, besides that i'm Danish so please bare with me and my english - it's getting better in the future (I hope).

I read the post about Sherry-Stephanie's wife who is leaving because of her dressing.
It's a pitty, she can't "accept" it or can come to an arangenment where both can live together including the dressing.

Me, myself is a new girl, who has just discovered the pleasure of dressing - however I have my wife's full support doing this.
But her demand, was that I was still her husband (Wearing mens clothe) and not always dresses and skirts.

I agreed to this, because like Perkalite, I see this as a sexual "fetish" also - that both my Wife and I benefit from - we do a lot of roleplay and read stories about wifes who is dominating their husbands and feminize them.
So for Us both, it gives great pleasure.

So my conclusion is, because you dress and so on, you can get a relationship to work as a couple of girls already has said.

Sherry-Stephanie
07-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Jeesie.tv

Welcome....you'll ahve to go and read all my posts to see what all the issues are here....

My wife and I ahven't been able to have sex for 12 years now....nor does she want to have sex with me....and being her "girlfriend" already has been rejected....

LilSissyStevie
07-05-2009, 04:03 PM
There in lies a significant part of the problem ..she's rejected me and refuses to help me learn new skills....thus the reason she's already gone out with other guys and the reason she wanted to be single

It seems she's made up her mind. Some things can't be fixed once they're broken. Been there, done that. As to your original question, there is no reason, once you are single, to ever get involved with anyone that won't accept you. After my first wife I stayed single for 5 years. It took me that long to find my soul mate. If I hadn't found her I'd still be single. There is no reason to get involved with someone unless it's going to be an improvement over loneliness. You can use those new skills with someone who can appreciate them.:D

Billijo49504
07-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I might be the next member of that club. And not by my choice....BJ

Sherry-Stephanie
07-05-2009, 04:32 PM
I might be the next member of that club. And not by my choice....BJ

Sucks doesn't it?.......

patricia 402
07-05-2009, 04:49 PM
well its just my opinion but i have been maried three times and have been on my owne now for a year and i hate beeing by myself ya i can do what i want were what i want whenever i want play dress up but i miss companionship i have my best freind from work but she has her husband hes ok a very lucky man but im still alone and that sucks i want to go thrue it again beeing with someone is better than beeing alone in my opinion for what its worth:battingeyelashes:

ReineD
07-05-2009, 05:25 PM

Hope you don't mind a GGs :2c:

It all depends on the closeness you share with someone. Different couples are happy with differing levels of intimacy. Some partners prefer an arm's length type of relationship where they each live their own lives and others partners are only happy if they feel attached at the hip. Some want a soul mate while this would be a ball and chain to someone else.

If your priority is to have a deeply connected relationship with a wife you love and she returns your intensity of feelings, then IMO you both would find ways to compromise and reach a happy balance because you would not want to lose each other. You both would try to find ways to help one another be happy. Then the answer to your question would be that you are worse off alone.

But, if your priority is on being Sherry, and her priority is that you should not be Sherry, or if only one of you is willing to try to communicate and compromise, then there is a fundamental connectedness and love that is missing from your relationship and you are better off single. The same holds true if you do not want to be closely intimate with a woman who looks for a higher degree of connection in a relationship,
:hugs:

Ronah
07-05-2009, 05:30 PM
On reading the different parts of this thread on whether it is better to live alone or in a loveless, unfriendly relationship I always think of a wonderful Spanish proverb, "Mejor solo que mal acompaƱado" which I translate as " better alone than in uncongenial company". I feel that one should be able to live contentedly by oneself the better to be able to appreciate good companionship if and when it presents itself. I also am looking for the suitable opportunity to get out of a loveless and antagonistic relationship but at my age and after nearly fifty years it is not easy to extricate myself.

Sherry - Stephanie only you can make the decision and I wish you the best of luck in the final outcome.

Jodi
07-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Sherry, I went through the big "D" ten years ago after being married for 33 years. I told her 2 years into the marriage. I was one who also thought that being married would cure me. Of course, it didn't. She could never accept it and constantly badgered me about being dishonest with her. Had I known 42 years ago what I know today, I would have been up front with her. Younger cd's today have no idea how deeply we were closeted 40-50 years ago.

We steadily grew apart until the split came. Believe me, the divorce is easy. It is the property settlement that gets really testy. Be prepared for a difficult, drawnout fight once the lawyers get involved. I don't know what the property laws are in tennessee, but when one is married for a long time, the hit can be brutal. The wife might get 60% or more of the marital assets. I got off with 50% and considered myself lucky. I can remember sitting in front of my lawyer's desk moaning and groaning that there is no justice. His response was, "Yes there is. It is called a pre nuptial agreement and I write a damned good one". I've never forgotten that.

We are both happier today. I am very happy being single. I am very independent and don't need anyone to mother over me. I will never remarry. I have many gg's that are friends, and we enjoy going out and doing things together. Many of these gg's know that I am a cd. Some of them enjoy going out with me when I am dressed. Others don't.

Good luck. You will need all the luck you can get plus a damned good lawyer.

Jodi

Gabrielle Hermosa
07-05-2009, 06:15 PM
If my wife had not accepted my cding, my marriage would have failed. It would have been devastating for me, but that's how it would have played out.

Once I got back on my feet, it would only be a matter of time before I needed the companionship of another woman in my life. Being single (or remaining single) might be easier in many respects, but I do need the love and tenderness (and other obvious needs) that only a woman can offer. Would I get married again? I don't think so, but can't say with any certainty. But I do know I'd seek out a new relationship sooner or later. One thing I'd do differently is tell her UP FRONT about the kind of person I am.

I thank God that my wife has been very accepting since coming out to her. :) I'd really hate being single again.

docrobbysherry
07-05-2009, 07:25 PM
I had only started CDing as my marriage was failing. So, it wasn't an issue.:straightface:

For me, the separation, then divorce, allowed my CD genie, to come out of the bottle. Then, she DISCARDED the cork!:eek:

If u want GG companionship, as I do, try computer dating!:doh:
May be OK for U younger folks, but it's pretty rough for us, in the "over 55" crowd!

And the worst part for me is; Sherry's more attractive than my GG dates!:sad:
Try having an intelligent conversation with your alter ego! Will Sherry take care of me when I'm REALLY old?:brolleyes:

Sherry S, your dressing may blossom after u separate. I TRULY hope your LIFE will, too!:hugs:

paulaN
07-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Sherry.My wife would not, could not, accept my cding. We divorced after 31 years. I went through the same things you are. I suffered for many months after the break up and divorce but I am healing. Healing quite well too. It has been almost 10 months now. I am bi and I am exploring that a bit. I have just adopted a new saying (I am happily divorced) I did not always say that. That's for sure. But I am saying it now and that is what matters. I am looking for a friend or partner with whom I can have great sex with. It will not matter M or FM. As I said I am happily divorced. An accepting partner is what matters and I will never have another partner that is not accepting of me. It is not worth it. My ex made me miserable and it is not worth making myself miserable for anyone any more. Sherry if you want to chat more pm me anytime. paulaN

Sherry-Stephanie
07-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Well it's official....

Jsut had "The Talk" with the wife....as faras she's concerned she's sepereated and married in name only....single as far as he is concerned....and she has no desire to come back at some later time....dressing is one issue my lack of abilty to perform seuxally is another and her feelings foe me just isn't there....

So therefore we now move on.....see what life has in store for me from here on out...I will not go the straight route with another female because simplky what female would even give me a second look less the tiem fo day....I see myself with a CDer or tg or something along that line....if I'm fortunate to find someone....but anyway, we'll see what happens....all doors are open now and all options are on the table....

Thanks for the help and support through the past month....now it's time for Stephanie to become a real person....