PDA

View Full Version : A small step for Crossdresser kind, huge leap for Deidra

Deidra Cowen
07-11-2005, 02:12 PM
I went to the Perimeter Mall in Atlanta yesterday en femme. Casual jeans look with a simple blouse...trying to blend in. Anyway walked the mall, no one seemed to notice me...not even those pesky teenagers.

I went into Lane Bryant. Shopped for some new girlie jeans. The sales attendant helped me and insisted I try on different jeans. Maybe I am flattering myself but she did not seem to clock me till I spoke.

Got the jeans i wanted...nice and tight! Good fit. The cash register was busy...but my sales girl grabbed me, checked me out and she was careful not to cause me to have to talk to her with a bunch of people surrounding me.

I left the mall proud as heck that I'd done my first en femme shopping where I went in a regular store (not a thrift store) used the fitting rooms and got what I wanted.

I was getting pretty confident...damn I must be passable (LOL_...got brought down to Earth however at a drug store. I stopped in to get nail polish remover, fake nails, eyeliner, etc. At the cash register the young girl said 'SIR' to me!!! I laughed said how did you know...what am I doing wrong? She said she accidently calls women sir and it was just a mistake. I'm not really believing her but she was very nice and said u just do your thing girl! She complimented me on my makeup and hair...so it was kinda cool even if she busted me. :thumbsup:

Stephanie Mancini
07-11-2005, 02:19 PM
kool kitten and no mistake Deidra,nice one!

Steph

Wendy me
07-11-2005, 02:20 PM
nice way cool.............

Cindy K
07-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Like the girl said, you do your thing girl and I hope you have many more compliments.

Billi49504
07-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Deidra, Congrads on having a great time in the mall. I've always have had a good experience with the girls at Lane Bryant, whether I'm dressed or drab....Billi

Lauren_T
07-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Congrats, Deidra. A successful outing feels great, dudnit?

If we gels could be sure of things going so well, I've sure many of us would find it easier to take that all-important first step out the door!

I'd like to say that going out en femme, no matter how subtle (actually maybe the subtler the better), is a positive step for the one stepping out, but also benefits all of us.
How so? How sweet of you to ask! :p

There's an old saying, Grasshopperess, about how the tiniest individual contributions can add up to major events; "No one raindrop considers itself responsible for the flood," is how I recollect it.

So, each time one of us goes out the door EF, into regular society, we are ambassadresses (sp?) for all cds. When people encounter us up close, better yet, interact with us, they learn a teensy-tiny lesson - namely that we aren't monsters but just as human as they. They may mention an encounter with a cd to people in their circle and the ripples continue to spread.

It'll take a long time (and lots of shopping trips :D ) to attain some degree of acceptance, but every little bit helps (to coin a phrase). And civilized people usually adapt pretty quickly to new things, if their experiences are largely positive.

So since you now have an excuse, GO FORTH AND SHOP YOUR BUNS OFF!

...his wife was in on the bed playing with Fang the cat. At the moment she was naked and dangling an inflatable brassiere before the frustrated claws of Fang who was Siamese, gray and neurotic. "Bouncy, bouncy," she was saying. "Is the dweat big kitties angwy cause he tant play wif the bwa? EEEE, he so cute and ickle."
- Thomas Pynchon

JoAnnDallas
07-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Next time give your favorite sales lady a Thank You card.

Holly
07-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Deidra,

Sounds like you had a great time, young lady. May this be the begining of many happy adventures for Deidra. Truthfully, was it as frightening in reality as you had imagined in your mind?

Di
07-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Way cool

Sharon
07-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Excellent, Deidra! It's great when everything works out well. You handled yourself well, and my hat's off to the cashier also.

Deidra Cowen
07-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Truthfully, was it as frightening in reality as you had imagined in your mind?

I was not frightened before going in...but I will admit I was nervous...u know the butterflys in my stomach that kinda deal. But heck I get those sometimes before a crucial meeting at work if I have to speak to a group, or some other stressful thing.

Seems like the first few times of doing something as a CD I am nervous...then get used to it as I repeat it.

Thanks for the kind comments girls!

foxylady
07-12-2005, 12:52 AM
That has been scary for me as a crossdressers SO. I am not comfortable yet going out with my SO who just told me a couple weeks ago. He is so excited about all this that it scares me. I think he wants to go out as a CC but I do not think I could handle that. We have gone shopping together for clothes, bras and makeup but they think it is for me. If he wants to go out as fem I think he better to it by himself only because I am not comfortable yet. You on the other hand might as well enjoy yourself if you are by yourself because the other person really doesn't care. They are there to just do their job.
foxylady

RachelDenise
07-12-2005, 05:01 AM
I'm so happy for you Diedra! An excellent adventure. All my best and keep it up. :love:

carson
07-12-2005, 05:48 AM
What a great story Diedra, thanks for sharing that. I couldn't imagine going out in public, but I know I'm not passable. Of course, I never thought I'd post a full face photo on the picture thread either. (last night, 1st time!)

Anyway, you got moxie kid. :thumbsup:

Sharon
07-12-2005, 07:28 AM
That has been scary for me as a crossdressers SO. I am not comfortable yet going out with my SO who just told me a couple weeks ago. He is so excited about all this that it scares me. I think he wants to go out as a CC but I do not think I could handle that. We have gone shopping together for clothes, bras and makeup but they think it is for me. If he wants to go out as fem I think he better to it by himself only because I am not comfortable yet.
foxylady

I think you're doing great, Foxylady! A couple weeks is not very long to adjust to a life altering thing like this. Just keep in mind that while your SO is exploring her (yes, that's how we refer to ourselves here -- the pronoun matches our appearance) femininity and testing the limits of her desires and/or needs, you need to do the same.
My ex-wife and another former gf both had the same reservations. But one way that we managed to make me happy and get out of the house, yet preserve both of our secret and anonymity was to take occasional weekend trips to other cities. They were both self-conscious (as was I!), but at least the fear of being outed to people we knew was eliminated.

Be proud of yourself for being so open-minded and loving. Don't be afraid to say no to something you don't feel comfortable with. If your SO is as loving as you are, then she will appreciate your honesty and trepidations

CharleneCD
07-12-2005, 09:41 AM
I am so glad your shopping trip went so well Diedra. It sounds like you went in and felt and acted as if you belonged, so you were treated like you belonged. You give us all hope for our own enfemme shopping trips.

megan163
07-13-2005, 01:26 AM
Nice going, Girl! It gets easier every time out. My first ventures were scary yet intoxicating in a way that made me want to go out again. Now, I find that my attitude is much more confident and relaxed. Once you accept yourself, it is so easy to be treated like a lady by everyone else.

Kris_newCD
07-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Good job Diedra! You and I have chatted on yahoo several times, and I have loved seeing you as well. Maybe one day I will look as good as ya'll do, but for now, I will keep chipping away at it. Kris_newcdinnc on yahoo. Hugs hun!

Kimberly
07-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Ah, that was cool :)

It's great people don't mind that you're there, and are very helpful - but let's face it, gals, they're never gonna treat us like GGs!! :p