PDA

View Full Version : Going out

dressed2chill
07-06-2009, 11:00 PM
So this Saturday I plan to go out to a TG group meeting and at the same time also do some shopping and just go out aorund town as me. I've gone out a few times but mostly when no one can see me. I went out once about 10 years ago and it didnt go so well, so here I am 10 years later & I'm going to try it again. I would like to one day transition so this is my 1st step towards that goal.

What tips do you girls have for me, what should I avoid, what should I brig with me? I apreciate all your help.:thumbsup::daydreaming:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/dressed2chill/06062009/MM06062009_02.jpg

Paula Siemen
07-07-2009, 07:43 AM
If that's your picture????????????, then everything should go very well. I don't look nearly as fem as that picture and I rarely have any issues at all. If I do, they amount to a few stares by usuallu older men, that can't figure why a guy would dress as a girl, or occasionally a child that's just puzzled at seeing a guy in a dress.

Good luck, have fun, buy some pretty new clothes, and be safe.
Paula

Kate Simmons
07-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Just be yourself and you will be fine. Just bring what any gal would bring in her purse.:)

Kathi Lake
07-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Marisol, when you went out last, did you have any good experiences? Those are the ones I would dwell on. Life can and will bring you bad experiences - you don't even have to be in a dress for those to happen - what matters is how you meet those experiences and the ability to move on. I say the past is the past. Get out there and have fun! Isn't dressing fun? Then show those people. Then show us, because, well, . . . we like to see.

Kathi

sterling12
07-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Your putting us on right? If you actually look like this picture or even come semi-close, I can't see how you would be read unless....you went naked from the waist down, or you were wearing a sign that says, "I'm a guy....abuse me!"

Yes darlin' it's about attitude, but if you really look this good; 99.9% of people you encounter will not be looking for little hints that you might not be acting feminine. I am certain that 99.9 percent of the guys will be looking at you and fantasizing, 99.9% of the women will just be looking with envy!

peace and Love, Joanie

cindym5_04
07-07-2009, 03:00 PM
If that's your pic, you're totally gorgeous. You shouldn't have any problems at all.

PaulaSF
07-07-2009, 03:12 PM
One consideration is that you might be best with two different looks/outfits, as spending the day shopping lends itself to a more casual look, and light, daytime, makeup, whereas you might want a more dolled up/glamorous look for the evening TG meeting (tho based on what I've seen at support groups, not a lot a realworld fahion sense is neccesarily involved :devil: )

As others have commented, your pic is awesome, so your confidence should be fine, doubtlesly you've gained a ton of insights into your femme self, in the past decade! Knowing the specific circumstances of your negative experiences could help us with ou suggestions, too...

Mebbe a "two-fer" after a decade-long hiatus might be a bit much, and just do the support goup? Many gals just coming out of their closets seem to be more intimidated by daytime shopping outings. Going to a drag show, or a TG support group meetin, are by far one's "easiest" options! Tho shopping is actually a piece of cake (and less overt emphasis/focus on sex then nighttimes & clubs!), tho far more fun, with a t-gal pal along...

cheers,
Paula