PDA

View Full Version : Epilepsy and HRT

angelis13
07-07-2009, 04:38 AM
I have just got home from seeing my doctor, and (I hope) I’m one step closer to starting HRT.
Has of tonight I start weening off my antiseizure medications, my doctor would not even consider me starting HRT while I was on such a high dose of anti seizure meds, as it is he’s concerned about the possibility of increased risk of the seizures starting again if I do start HRT.
The other problem is, he’s worried that the meds may have already adversely affected my liver (I have to have a liver function test and blood level test every six weeks) and the last results weren’t that good, and I know that starting the hormones can affect your liver, so that is concerning me a bit.
But if I can get off the meds without the seizures starting again (two years seizure free woo hoo) and everything else checks out, than I’m on my way to living a full life at last instead of this “half life” I have been living.

So what I was wondering is, has anybody else had to deal with epilepsy and HRT?

Angel

BreenaDion
07-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Sorry to hear abour your dilemma angel. I too am going to start HRT soon. My exwife , first one I should say has epilepsy, grand maul seizure , I divorced her some 29 yrs ago. What I do know is becareful you dont ,sorry the pon , trigger the triggers that bring on seizures. Yes meds do work but in some cases all you need is to stay away from emotions that trigger them.

Good Luck angel hope your liver can handle the extra load. My best
Bree.:love: