PDA

View Full Version : Meeting other cds

Natalie x
07-11-2005, 05:02 PM
This is inspired by a couple of other threads, the "Symbol Poll" and the "Crossdressers at the local store".

I enjoy my time here in the forum, but I would also like to meet other crossdressers in my local community, if there are any. I have so far not seen anyone who I could make as a cd and, although I would like to go out en femme, I could do with a bit of actual, practical support from a few likeminded souls.

The idea of a symbol is quite good, but are there any other ways of contacting other crossdressers living nearby?

Wendy me
07-11-2005, 05:05 PM
we have started ...lots of fun...http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7355

Natalie x
07-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks, sister

Tristen Cox
07-12-2005, 09:16 AM
The idea of a symbol is quite good, but are there any other ways of contacting other crossdressers living nearby?
You know what's funny is I must have the kiss of death. A few people who have joined here that have asked if anyone is in the area(my area) I have tried to follow up on, and once I reply 'yes', they disappear.

*sighs* :(

Lisa OZ
07-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Tristen,

There will always be a warm hand on your entrance.....if you can make it to Melbourne.....just dive into the ocean and drift south.

JoAnnDallas
07-12-2005, 09:31 AM
I would love to meet other CD/TS/TG girls. So far have not found any here in the Plano, TX area or they are hiding like me.

So anyone in the Plano, TX area on this form????????

Wendy me
07-12-2005, 09:36 AM
You know what's funny is I must have the kiss of death. A few people who have joined here that have asked if anyone is in the area(my area) I have tried to follow up on, and once I reply 'yes', they disappear.

tristen it is not as easy as one might think just look at the new england thread ...it took for ever to get together and still we are missing 98% of those that wanted to do it in the begining ...plug it out sister when you meet sisters in you neck of the woods it's all good....

Krystal Lee
07-12-2005, 10:32 AM

Tristen, A guess, but you might intimidate some, as you are so gorgeous. Mind you I wish I was in south florida, I would hope some of you might rub off on me! Hugs Krystal.

CharleneCD
07-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Natalie, you might want to check out www.urnotalone.com. Those who are members on this site must post their general location and picture showing their face. Most are interested in meeting others for various reasons. Just be careful and read through the profiles. You can sort profiles by location. Me and Bunny will be meeting another couple Friday that we met through this site.

Natalie x
07-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks Wendy & Charlene. I checked out the New England thread, and can see how hard it is for everyone no matter where they are. Also looked at urnotalone - I got the feeling it was more for dating than friendship, and is maybe a little hotter than I can handle!

What about gay bars, are they used by CDs, generally? There is one in my town, and I am trying to get up the courage to check it out.

Tristen, is it practical to have a search-by-location in the Members List, or would that make it too easy for the trolls?

Deidra Cowen
07-12-2005, 04:09 PM
If you have a CD friendly bar get there as soon as you can! Thats a great way to meet friends. I have a lot of luck doing that in Atlanta, have a nice group of CD friends already.

Surely also as was already stated here...Urnotalone will have listings in your area. My first time out a CD and her GG Girlfriend who I met thru the net took me to the bar. Really helps your first time to have someone with ya. But if you can't do that just get in there yourself.

Natalie x
07-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Thanks, Diedra. I guess I'll only find out if this gay pub is CD friendly or not by going in. I'm not ready to do it alone en femme, yet, and I am also quite scared about being attacked outside, whether as a crossdresser or just for attending a gay bar. This is still quite an old fashioned town, and the pub is in the rough end of the town.

misty_waves
07-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Hi Natalie! Here in America, most of the gay bars I go to are totally friendly towards crossdressers. That's not to say that there aren't going to be a few snobs who think they have a right to mock you (but that's just their way of feeling better about themselves in a world that constantly challenges their validity). Anyways, even in the very small town where I grew up, the local gay bar always had a group of crossdressers every night. The only part that I would fear (like you), is walking to and from the bar itself. Do you have a friend or group of friends that could drive you and walk into and out of the pub with you? I think that would be ideal... no matter what, your safety is first and foremost. What you need is an entourage! ha ha

Tristen Cox
07-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Tristen, is it practical to have a search-by-location in the Members List, or would that make it too easy for the trolls?
It has always been there, you have to use the button that says advanced search when you search members.

Aloha_Dana
07-12-2005, 06:43 PM
A few months ago, I was really frustrated in that in all my efforts, I could not get to meet w/local gals. For whatever reason, something would always come in the way. As for others, they like to talk about getting together, drab or en femme, but never follow through (and I'm not referring to those who've had vacation plans changed by their wife). It is the nature of the beast, we, as men have too much to loose if we get found out. I think it is for that reason that so many of us are reluctant, or change our minds at the last moment. It is a shame.

I have though met a couple here in the islands, one CD, one TG. The CD was so confident that she didn't care what others thought of her. The TG was just nice. So I've had limited success.

I've noticed in myself that I go through stages of wanting to/needing to meet others. I've felt the anxiety of planning that first encounter. I know it can be overwhelming.

Tristen has forwarded my contact info to a new member, and even though she was enthusiastic, it fell through ever time :(

I am still looking to meet others and I wish it wasn't so hard. Moderation, persistance and street smarts will make it happen.

Best of luck to all. Be safe.

Aloha,
Dana

Wendy me
07-12-2005, 06:56 PM
for some reason we are a hard group of people to get together ...Karen and myselfe want to plan a monthly lunch thing and just keep trying and see what happens....keep trying and good luck...

Natalie x
07-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I can understand why many girls can't be too open in their local communities. I am very fortunate that I can do pretty much as I like (or as much as I have the courage to do!)

Thanks for all your help, sisters.

Love, Natalie

Cindy K
07-13-2005, 02:59 AM

Its not just you Tristen it happens to me too. I find it so frustrating when girls who have Requested meetings either stop communicating or fail to show up when reality hits them :confused:

Tristen Cox
07-13-2005, 03:03 AM
Their loss ;)

Deborah
07-13-2005, 03:04 AM
I feel almost alone here in Washington. Almost the second GLBT capital of the world and i have no idea on how to find my fellow sisters. :(

Cindy K
07-13-2005, 03:04 AM
Thats true :)

kristine239
07-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Amy, I am wondering which Washington you are in. Both DC and Washington state have several CD support groups, if that's what you looking for.

If you can not find them, I will try to give you some info if you desire.

There are also some in the UK, but I am not sure if I know many there.