PDA

View Full Version : Feels great to be included by any group of GG's!

Violetgray
07-07-2009, 04:00 PM
I am member of Darkon.

For those of you who don't know, it's a L.A.R.P. (live action roleplaying game) set in a fictional medieval realm, where we take turns hosting adventures that resolve combat with padded replicas of classical medieval weaponry (think paintball taken back a few centuries)

Anyway, we're having a campout adventure in a month or so, and no one has stepped up to run it as of yet. And so, the women of Darkon have stepped up to the plate to host an all-girl run adventure.

So last event one of the girls came and told me that my presence was requested. I go to the back of the field, and there are roughly 10 or so women sitting in a circle, discussing the plot and who will play the main characters. Turns out that since this was mostly an all-girl thing, they wanted me to participate! Here's what they explain to me:

It turns out that the realm has been swept with the plague, and the only one with the cure is the benevolent voodoo priestess. They would like me to be her for the weekend! The players are to go on a scavenger hunt, and bring me components of the cure, and blah blah blah nerdy stuff!

The fun part is when guys would wander near to see what all the girls were talking about, they were quickly shooed away, with something along the lines of "No MEN!" one of them then looked at me confused and got the reply, "Because he's a woman, that's why!" I wasn't even dressed, but they thought nothing of calling me Violet as we discussed the preparations.

I hope to have pictures when all of this happens, so I can't wait to see how it goes!

flic
07-07-2009, 04:14 PM
that's soo cool to be accepted like that,,,,seems as though you have an amazing group of friends who see nothing but the real you. aces!! oh and good luck with the role playing thing too :)
hugs
flic xxx

Noxvictum
07-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Ooo, Violet, my buddies here are pretty in to that scene. Well, not so much these days, its a lot hotter here than where we used to live. I'm insanely jealous. I hope we can get back in the swing of things. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

PaulaJaneThomas
07-07-2009, 05:11 PM
It sounds like you've cracked it :)

Josie M
07-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Sounds like it's going to be an awful lot of fun :) .

Former Scadian myself...weapons were not padded but serious fun none the less. I seem to remember a Halloween event, in Maryland actually....the "Transylvania Travesty"... There was a Lucretia Borgia feast where, if you found a black olive in your meal, it meant you were poisoned and had to act it out.

Say what you will, but geeks are fun to hang around :)

Jessica Who
07-07-2009, 08:22 PM
That is super cool, Violet, I hope you have an excellent time :D