PDA

View Full Version : Big decision on dressing up in public, any advice?

Samantha Girl
07-08-2009, 12:27 AM
So I've decided to maybe dress up in public for the 1st time ever. Now I know my pics seem to bely this fact but I am really shy. Obviously I've gotten better as I've gotten older but I'm still shy, so I am kinda terrified! :o The closest I've come is my back porch at 4am! But at this point I just feel like why wait?

Here's the thing, I'm moving from North Jersey to Washington state very soon. I have worked, hung out, gone to school and generally been in love with NYC my whole life so... I just feel like the 1st time I go out in public dressed up as Samantha SHOULD be in NYC! :eek: I know, I know, nuts right? Since I'm leaving and it's just so crazy there anyway, why not NYC?! :tongueout

At the same time it does feel kinda crazy. Sooooo, what do you girls think? Should Samantha make her public debut in NYC, or save it for the West Coast? :battingeyelashes:

leggylisa
07-08-2009, 12:42 AM
I suppose this isn't going to help you much, but i wouldn't want to push you out the door if it's not something you really think you could do. Myself it's not for me, its kinda of a big life desicion in my opinion and im happy to do what i do in the comfort of my own home with only you guys (and my wife) to know about it :hugs:

DawnRodgers
07-08-2009, 12:43 AM
I say that if your ready, go for it. I think it would make more sense and also make it easier if you first go out in familiar territory so that you always kow where you are and the quickest way home if you need it. As your comfort lrvrl rises, you can go further afield. Otherwise, it could be a while until you get a chance.

Samantha Girl
07-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks for responding so quickly :) You both make good points. I know where you're coming from Perkalite, only recently decided I wanted to give it shot. Dana, I think I'm ready :battingeyelashes:

Carin
07-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Once you get NYC under you belt, the west coast will be a breeze. Go for it.

Lisa Golightly
07-08-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm terribly shy... painfully so. The first time I dressed publicly, locally, I had issues about being seen by someone I knew, and the first time I dressed in another part of the country I had issues about not knowing the area.

Guess in the end where ever you are you just have to go for it... and try to look above the pavement... I was hopeless like that for a while. :) x

PaulaJaneThomas
07-08-2009, 02:01 AM
If you think about it too much you'll start coming up with excuses not to go out. Just go for it. Dress casually and go out in daylight when there's plenty of other women out and about. For shoes, wear flats or a low heel. Relax and enjoy being you.

DanaR
07-08-2009, 02:32 AM
If you overdress, you will be noticed. Dress casually and have fun.

Fab Karen
07-08-2009, 04:10 AM
It helps to have some activity to do when you go out- shopping, getting a coffee or a meal- so you can focus on what you're doing & let go of worrying about what people may be thinking ( do you worry about it when out as a guy? ).

SweetCaroline
07-08-2009, 04:15 AM
You wouldn't know it from from the number of times I've been out, but I've been painfully shy most of my life as well. I don't know what will work for you, but I can tell you in my case, nothing helped me come out of my shell like going out. You might be surprised at out you find.

I say if your ready, go for it. You'll wonder why you spent so much time waiting.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

tricia_uktv
07-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Wherever you do it be confident, almost arrogant. Imagine the place is your own. Go for it girl, strut your stuff!

Sally24
07-08-2009, 05:30 AM
It helps to have someone to go out with. Barring that, find a friendly venue in the city to go to.

If you decide you want to do this than go a little conservative. If going to a club or bar than you can wear something a little flashy, but don't make it very short. My first few times I just went shopping. I wore a cute top and well fitting jeans. Sort of the "uniform" of american women now.

Good luck!

Patricia Jane
07-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Just Do It. Dress so you fit in, nothing over the wall. Dress as you see others dressing.

Stormgirl
07-08-2009, 05:56 AM
Well, I think you should go out dressed in NYC because you're going to reflect on the past and regret not going out dressed in NYC.

Just grab a bunch of friends and just do it, what do you have to lose? Life is short anyways right? Just be safe though.

And I'm terribly shy too(like Lisa) btw

StacyCD
07-08-2009, 06:58 AM
It's an opportunity that may not come again. Go for it!

gerdaberlin
07-08-2009, 07:02 AM
perhaps dress in fem jeans first to build up confidence,
or take a bike to move at whatever speed suitable!
public transportation for a starter is too stressful IMO, I just started 2 weeks ago, you do and dont get read, so you feel your identity kinda oscillate back and forth..
go for it!

Chrissie P
07-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Take baby steps. Drive to the ATM, drop mail off at the drive thru deposit at the post office, etc. Maybe next time get out of the car and walk to the ATM.

I started that way, most of the time during the off hours when things were not busy. Best time to try it is early AM. Everyone else is still half asleep and could care less.

As others have said, dress casually. I like to do errands in just jeans, sneaks and a velour top for exercising. I pull my hair back and wear a hat. Kinda like mom going out to do stuff.

You will be surprised at how enjoyable it is to get gas, go to the bank and all the stuff you used to hate doing.

TGMarla
07-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Really, if you're going to go out, NYC is just the place to do it. No where else on Earth are you going to find a more diverse set of people. If anyone were to read you, they'd think nothing of it, since the city has examples of every kind of person imaginable. They'd just think, "Hey, look...a guy dressed like a girl.....that figures. It's New York!" Then they'd go on their merry way, and so would you. It's an ideal place to crossdress.

docrobbysherry
07-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Why ANYONE would want to go out dressed?:brolleyes:

Unless it was with OTHER CD/TG girls. Or, to a CD/TG event!:)

I LOVE my SAFE, FRIENDLY closet!:D

PaulaJaneThomas
07-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Why ANYONE would want to go out dressed?:brolleyes:

Because people might stare if I went out naked.

I LOVE my SAFE, FRIENDLY closet!:D

I love my fairly safe and friendly country even if I do end up getting wet sometimes.

BreenaDion
07-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Tricia uktv is right Samantha . In a real blunt way you have to say F***it an not care what others think. Be true to yourself an go out as Samantha. Be totally confident in your attitude towards every one .. If you are Samantha then become her get your mind set an stay that way . If you deviate from Samantha Others will surely notice that your very uncomfortable with yourself. Can you practice this exercize and Maybe try Tapas Acupressure Technigue. It totally works for me .

Good luck Samantha Love Bree:love:

Sally2005
07-08-2009, 11:18 AM
I did what you want to do a few years ago. I was scared to death to go out and I am a shy quiet guy so that made it really difficult to build up the courage. I dressed in an doctor's office building in the woman's bathroom. I should have picked the family one that allows you to lock the door because when I was dressing in one stall a women entered and used to adjacent stall. I am sure she could hear my heart pounding. Dress up at home as much as you can and cover up with your male clothes if you need to. My first couple times out I just drove around and took small walks. Now for the most part I can dress up and feel confident enough to walk through a crowed mall in daylight. The one last thing I need to work on is my voice so I don't talk much with people, but once you get a look that blends in well enough and you become confident and smile at people it gets easier. Set yourself the goal and just do it. You will not regret it. Whatever happens, it is a learning experience that will benefit you in the rest of your life. For me, I'm still quiet, but not as shy and I feel a whole lot better about myself than I used to.

suchacutie
07-08-2009, 11:39 AM
It's a big city but if you know it, or at least part of it, then you've got an advantage. In one sense, look at the possibilities:

Pick a night, dressed in drab, and go to the Village and look around at where you might want to go. Plan it out a bit and then look at what women are wearing. Let's say you take a Wednesday. Check out the area below Washington Park and east of NYU, for example, or pick another couple of blocks you might be familiar with. Get there about 3pm. Have a coffee, a meal, go to a couple of night spots, decide when you plan to leave when you come back, and then do the same thing, or get a room somewhere there in the Village.

Then, the next week, go back the same night and do it again. This gives some security and an idea of what to expect. It also gives you an itinerary and a plan. Take away as much of the uncertainty as possible, dress conservatively, do your makeup as best you can, and that conservative as well, plan out how you'll redo that makeup often, and with all those details figured out all that there will be left is to have a good time :).

just my :2c:

tina

JulieC
07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
I can't imagine you being out of place in NYC. I spent a lot of time in NYC growing up (though I lived elsewhere in the tri-state area). Nothing is weird there or really much out of place. Most (if ANY) New Yorkers just won't care.

There's parts of the city it would not be good to go to, and I think you know those. Outside of that, go have fun!

renee k
07-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I say, go for it. LIke others have said, NYC is the place, especially, in the village. Just hop off the Path at Christopher Street.

Huggs, Renee

Samantha Girl
07-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I just have to say WOW! You girls are ****in awesome, I am kinda touched by all the good advice, you are all really sweet! :o

Yeah NYC is perfect right? I've seen a million drag queens and cross dressers in my time, especially in the village which is where I planned to go all along ;)

Now, here's where I'm dumb and don't want to take good advice that several of you suggested in terms of taking it slow and not dressing too crazy. I don't really have a lot of "drab" girl clothes, it's pretty much all sexy, skimpy skirts, fishnets, big over the top boots ya know? And well, that's what I want, I don't really think I'll be "tricking" anyone per se. Plus I have a hard time doing my hair in a non ****ty way :tongueout Just can't stop myself from teasing it up. I was looking at some nice black mini dresses online, that might do nicely. Soooo hmmm, what to do. Got a lot of thinking to do! And planning apparently! :tongueout

I seriously cannot thank you girls enough, there are so many things I would have never thought of! ;) I would love to address each piece of advice, but I don't have the time soooo thanks Perkalite, Dawn, Carin, Lisa Golightly (aaaw, sorry sweety), PaulaJaneThomas, danar, Fab Karen, SweetCaroline, tricia_uktv, Sally24, Patricia scal, Stormgirl, StacyCD, gerdaberlin, Chrissie P, TGMarla, docrobbysherry, BreenaDion, Sally2005, suchacutie, JulieC, and Renee k! Best Message Board/ForumEVER! :D

sissystephanie
07-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Samantha, I believe I can safely say that I have been going out dressed longer than you have been alive. That is, unless you are a lot older than you look. And BTW, if I looked half as good as you do there would not be any hesitation about going out!!

Do go out in NYC, and then do it more often in Washington State. Which happens to be my second home! I moved with my late wife from there 25 years ago, and will move back in a few years.

Some advice on going out dressed, no matter where. Try to dress to blend in, you really don't want to look like a "Tart," because that will cause people to stare at you. My late wife used to do my makeup and fix my wig. Since she died, I just go out dressed but with no wig and no makeup. In other words, a guy in a skirt with boobs! (I am blessed with natural 40 B's!) Hardly anybody ever gives me a second glance! Why? Because I dress in a very casual, toned down way, not flashy or sexy! Just a nice feminine look! I went to check my P.O. Box a little earlier today, dressed of course. While I was looking to see what I could throw away, this lady come in to check her mail. She did look at me, smiled and said, "Well, don't you look nice! That is a real pretty skirt you have on, and I love your open toe sandals!" I just smiled at her and told her that I also liked my outfit! As I have said in other threads, attitude is everything. My attitude is that I don't care what other think! Make that your attitude, and go out into the big beautiful world with those beautiful eyes and that gorgeous hair!!:hugs:

dana55
07-08-2009, 07:09 PM
maybe in nyc but easy you r wai into it..little by little

Samantha Girl
07-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Sissy Stephanie... I don't know where to begin! You are very kind, thank you so much for the many compliments :battingeyelashes:

Sometimes I feel like I can really make myself look hot, but I'm a bit insecure so other times I think I am just hideous! :heehee: I'm still young (33) but I look about 5 years younger, runs in the family, which is nice :) I got carded at the movies last year, do I REALLY look 16!? Uhhh thanks! :p

The thing about people staring... as I've mentioned I'm shy, BUT I feel like deep down I am an exhibitionist. I am an artist (which defines me in many ways) so I think maybe I want the weird reactions and stuff, feel like it might be kinda thrilling! :D You know, as long as I don't run into anyone I know! :heehee: I kinda do want to look like a tart! :tongueout

A guy with a skirt and boobs, awesome! :heehee: And that story about the lady complimenting you, so sweet, must've felt great! :) Your wife sounded like a very loving, understanding person, I'm sorry you lost her :sad: I'm very lucky in that regard as well, my girl is a sweetheart, she will be accompanying me on my 1st endeavor out, I soooo need the moral support!

"those beautiful eyes and that gorgeous hair!!" Wow!!! :o So again, thank you sooo much, I feel so girly and good about myself right now! :D

Samantha

Leslie Langford
07-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Samantha,

Don't just take our word for it - see what Miss Manners has to say about going out "dressed" in NYC.

The attached link is to a reader letter and Miss Manners' reply as featured on the "Stepping Out" page of "Yvonnes' Place for Crossdressers", and I believe that she is also a fellow member here (Yvonne, that is, not Miss Manners :D).

http://www.yvonnesplace.net/index2.html

Granted, the reference is 10 years old now, but I would imagine that the advice applies more than ever now, given the increasing public awareness of crossdressing and what it really represents.

You go, Girl!

Leslie L.

paulaN
07-08-2009, 08:59 PM
NYC for sure I think even a tart would not have any trouble there. And your GF will be with ya. Hell you will be fine. So as someone once said on this forum. Man up and be girly!!!!! have fun hun.

Samantha Girl
07-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Dana, I know, I know :o I'm just gettin myself all excited about it I guess, you are right.

Thanks Leslie! :) checked out the link, hysterical, just a perfect response :heehee:

Only problem for me is, I don't intend to be demure! :p Already decided on my Black 5 inch platform heeled knee high boots ! :dom: Put it this way, I like to joke that I don't dress up like a woman, I dress up like a ****ty *****, always :devil: For me personally, ****ty makes me feel sexy. So why go out at all if I won't feel sexy.

However, maybe I'll take a few baby steps, like taking a drive all glammed up late at night or earlier in the morning, when as one of you ladies mentioned people tend to be groggy. That excites me! :cheer:

Edit: Thanks for the encouragement Paula! " Man up and be girly!!!!! " :heehee: Awesome line!

savvy_fudge
07-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi Samantha I say get dressed, go out and have fun. Cause there's usually the wondering what if that occurs at missed oppurtunities. And I've seen those turn to regret too often.

sissystephanie
07-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Samantha, I was right in my assessment of your age! I have grandchildren older than you! They don't know I CD, and never will if I can help it. My attitude is that I don't care, except for my family! The only one who does know now that my wife is gone is my daughter. I told her this year simply because she is my oldest. We work out together at the Y and all my workout clothes are rather feminine, some of them very much so! I love my son equally, but he is married and his wife would not give me any peace if she knew! Which is kind of interesting since she has a nephew who is gay to the nth degree! In fact, I bailed him out of jail some years ago for an offense related to that!

BTW, you should know that when I offer a compliment to anyone, it comes straight from my heart. That is the only way I know how to compliment someone. My dear maternal grandma taught my sister and I that the only way to compliment someone was to say what we felt in our heart. So I did!

:hugs::hugs:

Linda Laman
07-08-2009, 09:57 PM
You won't know what your feelings about going out are until you go out. Only then will you know if it's for you or not. Dress conservatively. You should blend in, not stand out. Look confident. And do everything you plan to do.

Believe me, this is better than bungey jumping!!

Samantha Girl
07-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Linda, you're right, thanks :) You know how I know you're right. I had this thought about driving around and just being horrified stuck at a red light, somebody staring at me, however for starters I think I can handle that better ;) I dress up at least one night a week, perhaps Friday night I'll venture out for a little sexy drive around town :battingeyelashes:

sissystephanie, I understand your reasons for letting only certain people know, people are complicated. It's nice you could share with your daughter though :) Man, families are just crazy aren't they! :heehee: I feel like you are very genuine and sweet, it's good to have heart. I don't always follow my heart like I should :o Thanks again for the kind words :)

charlie
07-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Hello Samantha!
My first venture was to a gay bar that was TG friendly. I got made up, rushed to the car and drove there very nervously. When I got there I had to use all my will just to open the door and go out. I rushed in, got a drink and sat in the back of the bar trying to hide. As I got my breath and saw that the roof did not cave in, people were not pointing and laughing, I noticed that nobody cared or noticed. Soon however, people did walk by and nod, say hello or say "cute dress". By the end of the evening I had 4 people sitting at my table all talking. I had met at least 12 people and everyone was positive. Take that pretty face and try it out. It is the beginning to finding Samantha.

Gabrielle Hermosa
07-09-2009, 03:33 PM
...Should Samantha make her public debut in NYC, or save it for the West Coast? :battingeyelashes:

I've always heard that pretty much anything goes in NYC. Why not send off your old home territory with an outing or two en femme? Be safe about it of course, but why wait for the west coast? Why not be able to say you've been out in the world as your feminine self on BOTH coasts? :)

What is that I hear? Is that the sound of Samantha rushing out the door en femme in NYC? :heehee:

TJ Tresa
07-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Well I can not give too much advise on this because I'm not so much shy as I am chicken. the thought of going out excites me and scares the ____ out of me at the same time.
However if you think you are up for find someone who can go with you and go to a place that is friendly toward us. Above all else please be careful.
And good luck with your adventure and your move.

Samantha Girl
07-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi! Charlie! That's a really great story, it definitely gives me hope ;) I'm still both thrilled and scared by the whole idea! :cute: Yes, everyone keep telling me I'm pretty, I think that it's actually helping! :p

Gabrielle said

" I've always heard that pretty much anything goes in NYC. Why not send off your old home territory with an outing or two en femme? Be safe about it of course, but why wait for the west coast? Why not be able to say you've been out in the world as your feminine self on BOTH coasts?

What is that I hear? Is that the sound of Samantha rushing out the door en femme in NYC? "

You have quite a way with words my dear, I can actually see it now :D

Thank you for the advice TJ Tresa, I'm kinda chicken too, but I want to do it sooo bad! :devil:

suchacutie
07-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I've been reading your plans, and my only added suggestion is to pick places in the Village where what you are planning is normal. LOL...that shouldn't be too hard in the Village.

Did I miss it, or are you planning on dressing en femme before you get to NYC, or are you going to get a place for the night and dress there? The latter might make your life a bit more fun!

tina

Samantha Girl
07-09-2009, 04:56 PM
He he he, I know right where to go in the village don't worry :devil: Unfortunately I cannot afford to stay over night, that would perfect ;)

So yeah, I have to figure out a way to get my hair and clothes and makeup all ready and then sneak out my window... that'll make for a pretty picture! :heehee: I don't know, there's definitely a certain amount of fun and excitement in "sneakin' out" ya know? :battingeyelashes:

Kristen Kelly
07-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi Samantha, Bonjovi country Sayerville here. If you have your sights set for NYC then go right ahead but plenty of things to do right here in Jersey. I'm comfortable with who I am go anywhere and everywhere day or night. I love to get out to the TG friendly bars and places with people, as well as out to dinner, shopping or just out in public doing what ever. I have a great group of friends that love to get out often, we are a socal group not out to hook-up. Would love for you to join us e-mail me or IM me at Yahoo IM or Facebook... KristenKelly77, or check out these yahoo groups for events going on in the area.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ladies_Out_and_About/

http://www.meetup.com/LeFemme/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ladies...guid=107337793

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PinkEs...guid=107337793

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Girlso...guid=107337793

There is a formal group that meets at the GBLT Center in Highland Park don't have a link for that group

Aways more fun to get out and do it enfem

Jessica Who
07-09-2009, 06:19 PM
NYC seems like the better choice for your first time, go for it !!!

Samantha Girl
07-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi Kristen! :) Thanks for all the info and the invite. I've lived in Jersey all my life, I mean just look at the hair! :heehee: But there's just something about the idea of walking down a street in NYC looking like I do, it's thrilling! Besides, I'm going to take a drive tomorrow night all tarted up, maybe I'll drive around town, or maybe I'll get on Rt 80, who knows! :D But I'm not getting outta the car yet! :p

Thank you Jessica, I agree, why screw around? Plus it's like my favorite place in the world! :cheer: Thanks for the friend request, my 1st! :battingeyelashes: You have lovely pics btw, I need to get better at that.

Cannot wait for tomorrow nights " 1st step " drive, so excited!!! :devil: Thanks again everybody for all the advice and support :hugs:

Samantha Girl
07-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey girls!!! :) I posted this last night in my intro thread ...

"Thanks Helena!

OK, OK, It's Friday night, I just spent 3 1/2 hours gettin glammed up

Giant Curly Jersey Girl hair, Black tube top, tiny mini skirt, panties, fishnets and kneehigh boots

Samantha Girl's going for her 1st drive... how long, who knows? Gettin outta the car, no way! Sooo excited!!! Thank you to everyone, you helped me get to this step!

BTW I have to sneak out my window, my older sister is sleeping in the living room, perfect!

Here we go..."

Sooo It went OK until I panicked a bit! :p Drove around for about a half hour and as I was gettin near home I passed a cop. And he looked like he was going to turn around of course I panicked a bit! :o I was only a block from home so I Zoomed down my hill, parked fast and jumped outta my car at a run (BAD idea!), I took 2 steps and fell on my face! :heehee: I'm OK :battingeyelashes:

Check out my new album to see me coyly 'licking' my bloody wounds :p Poor Samantha! :p

Have a great day girls! :)

EDIT, Added a pic of me & my wounds :)

iwearstockings
07-11-2009, 02:55 PM
if you want to go out, threm do it. Its liberating and whats the worst that will happen?
You go for it . of you're feeling its the right thing then dont think too much about it and just do it!!!!!!!!!!

joann07
07-11-2009, 04:30 PM
NYC? I love the Big Apple. Go for it girlfriend.
I was there last September and had a great time.
I even rode the Subway and took a cab around the city and everyone was so cool.
Next time I go, I'm going to make a pilgrimage to the multilevel Victoria's Secret store. :heehee:

Hugs!

stefanie
07-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I can still remember my first time....almost like a virgin experience...haha.

Anyways, i think the experience became by far more mental stimulating and rewarding than anything phsyical. To actually shift your brain to act, pretend, imitate, model, feel feminine in public was one of the greatest highs and subsequent addictions i have ever had. It reminds me of surfing that you can almost remember every great wave and location. This is similar but by far more embodying.

That first step out the door, whether to your car, driving around, shopping the mall, all add another experience to the feel of simply being a woman...not becoming a women persay, but exploring what it could feel like. Each step, each experience creates a whole new experience....talk about living life!!!! and we only get one of them in this mortal world.

good luck in your journey be it at home or on the road...the key is to make it your journey!!

Joni T
07-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Go for it, Girl!!! At least you won't go to your grave wishing you had. (lol)
Joni

Samantha Girl
07-12-2009, 03:08 AM
Iwearstockings said " if you want to go out, threm do it. Its liberating and whats the worst that will happen?
You go for it . of you're feeling its the right thing then dont think too much about it and just do it!!!!!!!!!! "

Bloody knee/elbow are so far the worst thing that can happen! :p But you're right, Just go for it! :)

Joann you rode the subway! Girl you are Awesome! Sooo not ready for that! :o

Stefanie that's an amazing description of the experience ;) Just to simply walk down the street as Samantha, I'm enthralled by how it will all feel, workin my hip swing and ass wiggle! :battingeyelashes: Maybe this weekend coming up, maybe! :p

Thanks Joni! I haven't done a formal count but I'm pretty sure the "Go for it Girl" crowd is winning! :D

msginaadoll
07-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Well Samantha, you are a heck of a lot braver than I am. I think you must not be as shy as you say. You will definitely get looks when you go out. Your look is one that is meant to stand out, and you definitely will. That is not a bad thing but is something to prepare mentally for. The world is not always kind and people are not always so accepting. If you go out in public dressed like your pic i suggest you be prepared for the worst at least comment wise and hope for the best. I know part of the thrill of dressing can be just the plain rush of look at me. The problem is when people are not as happy to see you as u want. As said if you do venture forward hold your head up, ignore the possible words and have a good time. Just be aware of how you present yourself and how people can react.

Samantha Girl
07-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I totally understand what you're saying msginaadoll, I will totally stand out! :battingeyelashes: I don't care what people think, but you're right, need to prepare merntally for the jerks out there ;) Thanks for worrying for me girl, I am touched! :)

Samantha Girl
07-13-2009, 03:24 PM
I have become obsessed with going out dressed up lately. Sooo obsessed I can't stop thinking about it!! I almost went out for another drive last night, but it was so late it was starting to get light out so I bailed! :p

Considering dressing up and taking a drive tonight, hopefully with better timing, still scared as hell though! That thread Melissa put up about getting pulled over is not helping my mental state! :p

P.S. Apparently I shared too much info last night, one of my posts was deleted! Sooo embarrassing! :o I apologize for my inappropriateness, I'm sooo naughty! :battingeyelashes:

Samantha Girl
07-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey girls :)

Me and my fiance are going out! We couldn't find any events in Jersey we wanted to go to. There's a CD/TG party really close to my house but we don't know anybody and it's REALLY close to my house! :p

Sooooo, we are going to NYC! :D Don't know how long we'll stay. Don't think we'll go into anyplace. I think we'll just walk around the village for a bit... for as long as I can handle it! :p

Got a new black dress, my 1st "dress" actually, got some new black fishnets and panties and of course my black knee high boots! :D I shaved EVERYWHERE! :heehee: Aaand me and my girl picked up this cool black eyeshadow, put it on Anne Hathaway style, HOT! :battingeyelashes: I even did my hair somewhat conservatively, well, for me! :D It's only a little big, slightly teased, I swear! :p

My girl is coming after the sun goes down in about an hour. Gonna have to slip out my window, should be interesting! :heehee:

Afterwards there will be some more sexy fun, I'll leave that to the imagination! Otherwise I'll get in trouble again! :) Wish me luck!

Alice Torn
07-18-2009, 07:51 PM
When i first went out, drove to the Washington stste coast, and went out to gas stations the first night, got pulled over by a cop, the next night, then, went walking around in 4" heels, and a sexy dress, around four towns, the next day, where hundreds of folks noticed me. Some embarrassing situations, but, I was glad, that I got it all in. Low heels, or flats were good advice! I am six feet six, and stood out like a sore thumb, in high heels. I think I wanted to give shocj effect! Good advice from all, here, to you.

Kristy 56
07-18-2009, 08:25 PM
If you're going to go for it,NYC is the place. I worked in NYC for 31 years,and believe me no one is going to say a thing. Survival in NY consists of MYOB, avoid eye contact at all costs,and staying out of someone elses space. If it hasn't been seen in NY,it's because it hasn't been done. The stories I could tell . Go out and have yourself a day and night of fun.

trannie T
07-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Wherever you choose to go for your first outing you will have two emotions, first you will be terrified, that should soon pass and you will be asking yourself why you did not do this a long time ago.
When you go to Washington State there is a good group in Seattle, Emerald City, you may want to check them out.

Jaclyn NM
07-19-2009, 05:18 PM
The first time I went out dressed, was in Denver, and I went out solo to do some shopping. The worst part was the nervousness, and anxiety leading up to it. Once I was out and about, that all melted away, and Jaclyn took over. While some people might have given me a look, I never noticed, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was and is the highlight of my crossdressing. After that, the next few times were relatively easy, and also uneventful. In NYC, you should have no problem.

dawnmarrie1961
07-19-2009, 07:13 PM
As with all things there is always a "first" time.And there is no better place for that then the Big Apple. You are in for a big "Rush". That feeling of total excitement!:o

I envy you that!:Angry3: I've been out for so long that I've forgotten how it felt the 1st time.:daydreaming:

Good luck and enjoy.:)

Be Smart. Be safe.

Fab Karen
07-20-2009, 02:44 AM
Hey girls :)

Sooooo, we are going to NYC! :D Don't know how long we'll stay. Don't think we'll go into anyplace. I think we'll just walk around the village for a bit... for as long as I can handle it! :p

My girl is coming after the sun goes down in about an hour.

Is she a vampire?

If Liza Minelli can deal with NY, so can you. Though you might find just walking the streets a bit boring- get a drink or some dinner & relax.

erickka
07-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Samantha, I see a lot of mixed responses here, so I'll put in my:2c:. Only you will know when you are ready to go public. I can tell you that once you do get the courage to do so, it only gets easier and more natural feeling. As for doing it in NYC, that is one place that has such diverse cultures, you may not even be noticed. Depends where you are going im Washington state, but if it's a small town, well, you know how they are.

Samantha Girl
07-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Good advice Lisa, as always, Don't know that it's possible for me to dress down! though :o

Wow Louise! You really got the full experience huh?! :p Can't imagine!

You're so right Kristy, should've thought about that, I got shy! :p

Thanks for the info Trannie T, unfortunately I let the terror seize me a bit! :o

Aaaw Dawnmarrie, missin that terrified feeling huh, I got plenty to spare! :D

Fab Karen?! NYC streets boring? Never! "Is she a vampire?" NO... I am :heehee:

Ericka, yeah I live in a small town so I know what you mean. Funny though cause I feel like hey, I'm movin across the country, it's a new start ya know. So I'm thinkin I'm going to try to not care what people think anymore, screw'em! :)

So here's the story...

OK, so I sorta did it, sorta. I couldn't bring myself to walk around, so terrified, of what I really don't know. We drove around NYC & the village, we parked for a while (my girl was trying to "lovingly" push me) but I couldn't do it! :( But I did however get outta the car for about a minute. Felt the NYC breeze in my hair, futzed with and fixed my dress aaaand got back in. I'm a little disappointed in myself, but I couldn't do it, there were sooooo many people in the village on Saturday night, I just wussed out! :p I feel like I need to go again before I leave, still got a week and a half, anybody know of a good bar for us girls in the village? :)