PDA

View Full Version : some kind of contest/padgent? what to expect?

5150 Girl
07-08-2009, 05:42 PM
My SO said she wants to enter me in some kind of contest or beauty pagent for T-persons.
So anyone her do this kind of thing, and what can I look forward to?
Is like Miss Ameraica you see on TV with swimsuit, evening gown, and tallent and all that? Or does "our community" handle such things difently?
Or maybe it's not even a beauty padgent per-se, just kind of a tallent show? I don't know....

PS my tallent would be an VanHalen inspiered guitar solo

Shelly Preston
07-08-2009, 06:02 PM
The contest will largely depend on the organisers and what the judging criteria is

I would suggest it will consists of at least Day & Evening wear at the very least

Anything else I would suggest will be their choice

PaulaJaneThomas
07-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I play in public a lot. When you're playing to an audience you need to keep in mind that you're not a guitar god, you're some bloke who's there to entertain them not to show off. Get it wrong and the silence can be deafening and so embarrassing you pray the stage will open up and swallow you before you're even 8 bars into your killer solo. However I doubt that you'll be doing any shredding in a TG beauty pagent. Especially with those 2 inch nail extensions ;)

Misty G
07-09-2009, 04:35 AM
Have been in a couple and the judges usually were looking for presentation not beauty or talent. But then sometimes they want it to be funny. All in what the judges are looking for. At any rate it was fun. So do it and enjoy yourself

vivianann
07-09-2009, 06:24 AM
I would not want to wear a bathing suit in a beauty pagent, however I would like to enter a tg beauty pagent wearing pretty dresses, also would like to enter a sexy legs contest wearing a very short skirt or dress.

gender_blender
07-09-2009, 08:32 AM
My SO said she wants to enter me in some kind of contest or beauty pagent for T-persons.
So anyone her do this kind of thing, and what can I look forward to?
Is like Miss Ameraica you see on TV with swimsuit, evening gown, and tallent and all that? Or does "our community" handle such things difently?
Or maybe it's not even a beauty padgent per-se, just kind of a tallent show? I don't know....

PS my tallent would be an VanHalen inspiered guitar solo

I usually don't enter trans-centered beauty events, cause I'm prettier than that, but the only Drag contest I entered late last year, I won the event wearing a corset, fishnets and a miniskirt. Without knowing the judges' criteria, it's difficult to say what to expect.

celeste26
07-09-2009, 08:37 AM
How do they keep out the "pros" those talented D.Q.'s who work en femme on a regular basis, from stealing the prizes?

SweetCaroline
07-09-2009, 08:47 AM
It depends. Is it a "serious" beauty contest, as in the most beautiful is going to win, or it a "drag" contest where the most flamboyant, outrageous, exhibitionist wins?

I was a finalist in a drag contest once, with no prior experience, and came in dead last. Both people who were there at the contest and people who saw the pictures of the finalist told me I was the prettiest, most natural looking one in the group, which may have been true, but the audience and the judges weren't looking for the "most passable T-girl". Still it was an experience I will never forget.

If anything, have fun with it. You can't go wrong with that.

DonnaT
07-09-2009, 03:12 PM
I would imagine that if a contest exists, rules for it exist.

So get a copy of the rules.

5150 Girl
07-09-2009, 04:03 PM
How do they keep out the "pros" those talented D.Q.'s who work en femme on a regular basis, from stealing the prizes?
Well,, this is a small, redneck town,and the club / bar, wahtever it is, is in a remote aria of town. It wouldn't be worth it for big city "pros" to come down here I wouldn't think. But then again, maybe they would thinking we're "easy pick'n" if you will.

I would imagine that if a contest exists, rules for it exist.
So get a copy of the rules.
This is a good idea. I'm not sure though, if it's a planed formal thing they do on a regualr basis, or just somting that happens on a whim. I don't even know the name of the club. All I know is, it's a gay bar (the only one it town) her son hangs out in.