PDA

View Full Version : Question

Misty G
07-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Today something happened that i am not sure how to handle. I had a early morning app. for an MRI. So I left the house about 5:30 am because I had a 2 hr drive. I put on a pair of Diva skinny jeans and left. About 7:30 am my wife called (she was out of town for work) and told me that her Daughter was coming and bringing some friends to the house to go swimming. As rule this wouldn't be a problem but There was no way I could beat her to the house. The Problem was I had left my Laptop on with all of my cd pictures as a screen saver. When I got home I noticed the laptop was closed and no one was around. They were all swimming. I had to get to work so I didn't get to see them.

But the question is do I confront her about what she saw or do I wait and see if she brings it up. I talked to my wife who had talked to her and there was no mention of it. My family all know about the dressing but most of my wifes does not.

Suggestions will be more than welcome

Misty

sissystephanie
07-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Misty, doesn't your laptop blackout your screen automatically after a certain time with no action? Most of them do as far as I know. If you didn't leave it closed yourself, some one may have done so without even looking at the screensaver.

I wouldn't confront the daughter about it. Let your wife handle the problem if it does come up. Chances are it won't even come up! But in the future, make sure you turn off the laptop before you leave the house! Or at least have it password protected!

Kathi Lake
07-08-2009, 09:31 PM
. . . as your screen saver?! Yow, girl! That's, . . . either very ballsy or very narcissistic. :)

Chances are that you were busted. I gues we'll see what comes of it. Or, yu could come clean and confront the issue first.

Kathi

TGMarla
07-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Does it go into hibernation after a set amount of time? And you say that you left it open and when you came home it was closed? If there's no hibernation setting, and you had your screen saver going, and it was closed when you got home, then someone saw it.

I'd let it ride. See what happens. They say that a secret between two people is only safe when one of them is dead. I'm not proposing that you off your family. I'm just saying that no matter how hard you try, you're going to slip up sooner or later no matter how good you are at hiding it. I'm pretty good at cleaning up after myself, too. But I slipped up a few times, and now my secret isn't so secret any more.

Good luck.

Joni Marie Cruz
07-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi Misty-

I'd just let it go, myself. You don't mention how old your daughter is, and to me, that's a factor. If she's say, 8 years old, that's one thing, if she's 18 it's another. When I came out to my son (he was 19 at the time) he took it very casually, if he had been 9 (though, I would not have come out to him at that age anyway), it would certainly have been different.

As Kathi sort of mentioned, having pix of yourself in girlmode as a screen-saver is kind of asking for it. I admire risky behavior, having indulged in it many times, but still....

Hugs...Joni Mari

Jessica Who
07-08-2009, 10:28 PM
This is true, laptops' screens go black after a certain amount of time ... and upon reawakening they go str8 to the login screen or your desktop (depending on whether or not you have a password protected account)

Misty G
07-09-2009, 04:27 AM
I am running Vista I have the settings to not turn of screen unless closed. My wife and I both like the pictures.

My step daughter is in her late 30's with 2 teenage son's and one 10 yr old.

Usually we know in advance when they are coming and the laptop goes off and has to have my finger print to restart

Celeste
07-09-2009, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't mention a thing,its only an assumption that anything was seen anyways,What if she came in and just closed the screen to keep her kids away from it.Thats what I would do and I wouldn't check the screen either.

sherryleigh
07-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Well hopefully no one saw your pics. My ex somehow found my pics on my PC and dumped me. oh well right. It was my pc and she wouldn't give it back either but at least as far as i know she hasn't told anyone that i am aware of.

celeste26
07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Unless those pictures are clearly identifiable as you dressed en femme, then it is possible that no one except your wife even knew what they were, except just 'pictures' on a computer screen I wouldn't worry at all about it. The only sign to watch for is questions from the younger ones but without that there really is nothing to worry about.

victoriamwilliams1
07-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Unless those pictures are clearly identifiable as you dressed en femme, then it is possible that no one except your wife even knew what they were, except just 'pictures' on a computer screen I wouldn't worry at all about it. The only sign to watch for is questions from the younger ones but without that there really is nothing to worry about.

I agree,

I had a photo on a memory card and my boss wanted to test his photo printer and he thought it was a aunt. I pulled the card real quick!!!!!!