PDA

View Full Version : the ultimate female challenge

Shari
07-09-2009, 05:26 AM
Okay girls, let's see how much you really want to be a woman.
There have been many threads here asking what your greatest female experience would be and some that asked what profession you would choose or what movie star you would emulate.
Now for the absolute ultimate female question. You don't get any more female than this.

Assuming all the right parts, how many of you would want to give birth?

(As for me, no thanks)

Phyliss
07-09-2009, 05:42 AM
NOT A CHANCE, toss another coin in the wishing well, it ain't gonna happen to me, even IF I could.

Having a baby is like being grounded for 18 years.

Just in case you do, have the kid "natural" save the drugs for when they become a teenager, you're gonna need 'em then .

Teri Jean
07-09-2009, 05:50 AM
No thanks but breast feeding is another story. From what I have learned it is possible to do for men. Now that would be really sweet. Hmmmmmmmm, yes.

Keli

vivianann
07-09-2009, 06:05 AM
No way. I have no desire to be pregnant or to give birth.

deja true
07-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Never had the urge to be a father ... and certainly never want to be a mother!

It's not the pain thing ... root canals don't bother me at all ... that's a temporary discomfort.

But I've always been a singleton in the universe and just can't imagine being tied down with that kind of responsibility. I wouldn't mind having children, but only if they're already mature adults! (Kinda like my gf's beautiful, intelligent and already grown daughters. We're family!)

Selfish I know ... but that's just me.

Lisa Golightly
07-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Well it's an absolute given... All I ever wanted really... Mine is less a selfish gene than a blind, illogical and hopeless one.

Chrissie P
07-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Yes. Pregnancy and giving birth is the epitome of womanhood. To have another human being growing inside of me would be awesome.

The pain is temporary, and think of all the fun to be had while trying to conceive ?? :D

Barbara918
07-09-2009, 07:17 AM
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!! There are too many people doing that already!

Gizmo, Debbie
07-09-2009, 07:22 AM
thats a tuffy?
If i was in a stronge and stable relationship and (s)he was willing to do his/her share of work to help out then yes. To do it on my own then no.

Kimmy55
07-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Not me,Thank You

Angie Sweet
07-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Oh No!!! But my purpose for crossdressing is not to BE a woman, but to look like a woman.

Bev06 GG
07-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Tee hee, at least your all being honest. Your right I guess it is the ultimate female experience and I wouldn't change a thing about giving birth to my 4 lovely kids. However, me thinks that most trannys would be too vain to cope with the bulge, the varicose veins, the stretch marks and um the pain is incredible. Contrary to popular belief it isn't something you forget either, cause you feel like your having your insides ripped out of you. that said I'd go through it all again if I had to, but it doesn't feel very feminine to me. I looked like a beached whale for 6 months and nothing looked particularly flattering on me either so my feminine feelings kind of got a bit lost in there somewhere.
The only real ladies that I've spoken to that didn't have a particularly painful birth were those who had tiny babies and they kind of just slid out. Mine were all quite large and I'm only small so hey work out the logistics yourself.
Bev

Steffie-Lee
07-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Yes very much so. But only with the right loving husband and father to my children. I would love to be somebody's Mom.

KateConnors
07-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Not being able to reproduce is the main reason I backed away from transitioning. So I would have to say, absolutely yes.

Lissa Stevens
07-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Well it's an absolute given... All I ever wanted really... Mine is less a selfish gene than a blind, illogical and hopeless one.

I agree with Lisa 100%. I have wanted that experience for as long as I can remember.

StaceyJane
07-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Sometimes I do wonder what it would be like......

gender_blender
07-09-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't think anyone would really want to (it'd be part of the reason I'd still be lesbian), but it'd be nice to have the option at least.

...Or maybe use the opportunity to experience my first abortion.

LisaM
07-09-2009, 08:29 AM
That is really an easy question for me. I would love to have been pregnant and given birth (in addition to experiencing the run-up to getting pregnant). I hope that is not off-color.

TGMarla
07-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Most women I've talked to, including my wife, have said pretty much the same thing. It's an amazing feeling to have another life growing inside of you. I'm okay with that part of it. They all also said the getting fat part and the actual giving birth part was miserable. But the part after the birth takes place, the holding of the little one for the first time, and the nursing of the child was an experience that left them feeling total and complete.

I have always wanted children of my own. It never happened. I'm sure that were I actually female, I'd have wanted the same thing, fat and miserable or not.

So my answer is yes.

Deb The Brunette
07-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Tee hee, at least your all being honest. Your right I guess it is the ultimate female experience and I wouldn't change a thing about giving birth to my 4 lovely kids. However, me thinks that most trannys would be too vain to cope with the bulge, the varicose veins, the stretch marks and um the pain is incredible. Contrary to popular belief it isn't something you forget either, cause you feel like your having your insides ripped out of you. that said I'd go through it all again if I had to, but it doesn't feel very feminine to me. I looked like a beached whale for 6 months and nothing looked particularly flattering on me either so my feminine feelings kind of got a bit lost in there somewhere.
The only real ladies that I've spoken to that didn't have a particularly painful birth were those who had tiny babies and they kind of just slid out. Mine were all quite large and I'm only small so hey work out the logistics yourself.
Bev

Yeah but how many trannies did you have lol

......By the way...not for me

kristinacd55
07-09-2009, 08:52 AM
I'd be ok with the carrying and the birth part. But, the bigger challenge is AFTER the birth. There's a lifetime commitment to raising children, which as a father I've enjoyed immensly. Motherhood I think is the most important job on earth!

DianneW
07-09-2009, 09:02 AM
NO WAY!! absolutely not, forget it... but making them is fun

JulieP
07-09-2009, 09:21 AM
If i could then definately yes.

joank
07-09-2009, 09:34 AM
I have given this some thought in the past. Then, a couple of years ago, I went through a 24 hour attack of diverticulosis(sp) and the pain was intense. My wife equated it to giving birth, and she should know. It was survivalbe but leave me out of the delivery room. I have had enough 'children' from four decades in the classroom.

JackieInPA
07-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Personely the answer is yes. I want children, but i don't wanna be a father, i have no desire to have to be a male role model. I would love to be a mother, having a child grow inside me the birth part, well i think i could handle it as much as anyone who has never actually had a child can know, male or female, then the nurturing and raising of my child...it's what i have always wanted.

Joni Marie Cruz
07-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Interesting post. If I don't remember to hold my tummy in I look like I'm about 5 months along anyway. Hmm, maybe I could just do away with the foundation garments and tell everyone I'm expecting.

As far actually having a baby I would be a willing and enthusiastic participant at conception and would love to have a baby if I could demand a C-section and lots of good drugs. I have no desire to pull my lips over my head as I have heard birth described.

All facetiousness aside for a moment, since I'm not TS and am happy being a tgirl I would not really want to bear a child. But I do respect every woman who has ever brought a child into the world and I understand why someone who is TS might long to do so.

Hugs...Joni Mari

brittdoll
07-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Pardon my French but "No Way in H#@L" would I want to give birth. I couldn't handle the pain of a kindey stone, let alone give birth to a child.

julie0110
07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Giving birth, definately not, but making babies, definately yes

Lorileah
07-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Nope, no way, hu uh , wouldn't be prudent, never. Didn't want children in male mode no way would in female. Selfish, yes. Practicing making them is fun. Having them is a whole new watermelon.

Carole Cross
07-09-2009, 12:01 PM
If it was possible then yes I would. My sister has two wonderful children and had nature given me the right body then I would have had children of my own. :sad:

Persephone
07-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Bev

Thanks for your post Bev. Of all of my life's CD dreams having a baby is right there on top. I believe I can completely understand how, after having 4 children, you can still say "that said I'd go through it all again if I had to."

Marisa_M
07-09-2009, 12:46 PM
My answer is absolutely yes!

I'd love to get pregnant, give birth, breast feed and care of my child.

I'm aware that's impossible for me but I have always feel the need to be a woman and motherhood is one of the most important aspects of any woman's life.

Kimberly9310
07-09-2009, 12:49 PM
NOPE not me girl.

Ms Mira
07-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Eek.

Mistybtm
07-09-2009, 12:57 PM
No thank you But i would have fun practicing:D

charlie
07-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Ouch! Sounds like pushing an orange through a garden hose! No thanks! Don't need periods and cramps either.

Shauna marie
07-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Not on the top of my to do list.

victoriamwilliams1
07-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Sometimes yes and sometimes no. So I guess I am in a quandary.

Persephone
07-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Ouch! Sounds like pushing an orange through a garden hose! No thanks! Don't need periods and cramps either.

You have a cute way of saying things, Charlie! I've never had a real period, so I don't know what mine would be like if I had them, but I've always felt that if I really want to "walk the walk and talk the talk," then I should be ready to do it with periods and cramps, just like GG's do.

Otherwise, to me, I'm just playing with being a woman and "cream skimming." I don't feel that there is anything wrong with anyone who feels differently, just that it doesn't fit me.

So yes, if my Fairy Godmother came along and said "I can make you into a real girl, but you'll have to have periods and cramps," I'd say "wave your magic wand, Granny!"

Now, if she said, "But you're going to have 12 children and an alcoholic, abusive husband," then I'd definitely prefer to send her back home.

Sylvermane
07-09-2009, 06:33 PM
honestly, it is one of the things i've dreamt about but is clearly not doable by any reasonable means ; /

Empress Lainie
07-09-2009, 06:54 PM
At a Christmas party at my girlfriends daughter's house in 2006, I spent most of the time playing with her 3 yr old grandson.

As I left that night, I had a yearning to have a baby to hold and love.
I have had that same yearning many times when I see one, I just want to hold it so badly.

This occurred before my transition, and seems to be even stronger now.
I have even thought of having induced lactation in my breasts. (It would make them bigger for sure!)

I remember when I was from about 19 to 22, I had a woman I was close to and frequently carried her son on my hip. Today I still remember how much I liked doing it, of course I don't have as much hip today as I did then.

I admit it, I would like to be the wife in a family with a baby, but it is very unlikely to happen. And at 74, I would have SRS tomorrow if it were possible.

Sammy777
07-09-2009, 10:25 PM

Yes, yes and uh yes.

However, me thinks that most trannys would be too vain to cope with the bulge, the varicose veins, the stretch marks and um the pain is incredible.
Bev

OUCH!!!! :doh:

kellycan27
07-09-2009, 10:33 PM
In a heartbeat,fat, ugly,painful,stretch marks.. you name it..I am down for it.

Miranda09
07-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Hmmmm..that is a really tough proposition. Yes, I think I would like to experience just once the whole pregnancy and birth process to see what GG's go thru....and ONLY once!!!!!! :)

Aubrey Green
07-09-2009, 11:03 PM
At 52, no, at 22 or 32, probably! :daydreaming:

bumblebee
07-09-2009, 11:04 PM
YES! YES! YES!

I am bitter I can't give birth. I'd even be a pregnant with my boy parts. It's one of the experiences of life that makes me want to have a female body. THAT is such a unique experience and I am bitter I can't experience it.

Fab Karen
07-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Lots of women have no interest in giving birth.

erickka
07-10-2009, 06:56 AM
20 or so years ago, certainly. At this time and at my present age, not really feasable either physically or emotionally.

ReineD
07-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Another good question to ask IMO is one that would measure how many of you feel maternal. Being pregnant and giving birth is only just the beginning. How many of you feel as if your heart is melting when you are holding your baby? How many of you hold your baby and never tire of watching his tiny face?

Sandra
07-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Hmm Bev GG forgot the morning sickness which buy the way isn't just in the mornings and not once a day, wanting to pee all the time, not being able to sleep properly because your uncomfortable, then if you're lucky and do drop off you're woken up cause you need the loo, or because the baby is playing football in your tummy, and belive me that hurts.

Yes being pregnant and giving birth is a wonderful thing to experience, it's just the all the bits that go with it, that a lot of people don't think or know about.

I don't want to upset anyone here,or start a war, but I can understand why a transexuall would want to experience this as they are IMO female, but why a cder who is a male, would want to experience this confuses me.

amandag
07-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Yes! Definitely. Just to have the miracle of life growing within my own body would be worth all the short term pains of ultimately giving birth.

What I would not enjoy again is having the life-time commitment and being a parent and raising a child.

Amanda

Hope
07-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Now for the absolute ultimate female question. You don't get any more female than this.

Ummmm... No. Thank you.

But then, my wife and I don't want kids - so there might be something about that involved.

But then I think you would be hard pressed to find any woman who wanted to give birth. Lots of women want children, yes - but most of them are pretty frightened about the idea of giving birth. Lets not forget that up until very recently mortality rates were pretty high for child birth.

Other excruciatingly painful things I don't want to do:

Fall off the roof
Pass a watermelon
Stretch my lower lip up over the top of my head
Get hit by a bus
Pay taxes

ReineD
07-10-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't want to upset anyone here,or start a war, but I can understand why a transexuall would want to experience this as they are IMO female, but why a cder who is a male, would want to experience this confuses me.

I also feel confused about this. Unless the CDer is in denial about being TS?

But ... there are also lots of folks in between, who do not identify as either CD or TS. These are the individuals who hate labels, and I understand why. It is difficult to define. So maybe these TGs feel they are both genders, or just plain trans, and they want to experience everything there is to experience about each gender?

Gabrielle Hermosa
07-10-2009, 03:56 PM

I'm happy being a part time t-girl - no plans on having SRS.

In regard to giving birth. HELL NO!

Absolutely NOT!

I never wanted kids to begin with, so there's that end of things. I sure as hell would never want to have to push a baby through such a small opening in my body though! :eek: I would never survive the last trimester of pregnancy anyway. No - definitely not for me. Kudos to all the real woman who can go through that, but not me. If I were a gg, STILL no. Never. Not gonna happen. I don't understand how gg's do it, but thank God it is just not possible in my life. :heehee:

I'm not a wuss or anything... but when it comes to child birth, yeah - I'm in the wuss category there. lol

Sandra
07-10-2009, 03:57 PM

But ... there are also lots of folks in between, who do not identify as either CD or TS. These are the individuals who hate labels, and I understand why. It is difficult to define. So maybe these TGs feel they are both genders, or just plain trans, and they want to experience everything there is to experience about each gender?

I'll go with that ;) be interesting to hear their views.

Mya Summers
07-10-2009, 04:03 PM
good question, my wife and I have talked about this one our selves on different occasions and she flat told me that if you "me" want another child that I was the one who was gong to carry it, and I said fine..lol she just looked at me and said u would really do it and I said yes, she asked why of course and I said just to see what a woman actually goes through during a pregnancy. I know that it is hard on a woman especially if they are carrying twins. Yes I know that it is a woman's job to carry the baby and give labor to the child, but it would be interesting just to feel what a woman goes through during pregnancy. That's my :2c:

Lorileah
07-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Another good question to ask IMO is one that would measure how many of you feel maternal. Being pregnant and giving birth is only just the beginning. How many of you feel as if your heart is melting when you are holding your baby? How many of you hold your baby and never tire of watching his tiny face?

Nope nu no way wouldn't be prudent....wait I already did that. Kids is OK for a visit but give me a cat anytime :heehee:

Oh and Reine, he is being raised as a mini CD in MY house ;)

PretzelGirl
07-10-2009, 05:36 PM

I don't think it is necessarily about whether they are CD or TS. I have heard non-TG males says they would like to experience child birth. There is a large curiosity factor there I have to admit.

So my answer would be no at my age and I would think yes if I was 20-30 years younger. But it is always easier to say you would want to do something in a situation that can't happen. So who knows?

Tess
07-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Since this can only be a fantasy question, then my answer is definitely yes and I'm not even TS. I'm already a father and grandfather so if it were possible, I'd have to be a lot younger to take on this experience. Child rearing is an amazing experience...not always pleasant but tremendously rewarding. The creation of life is strictly a GG ability and I've always felt that lacking that experience denies the female wannabes complete membership in that gender.

countrygirl
07-10-2009, 08:04 PM
For me, being pregnant and giving birth would be on the top of my list and then #2 would have to be being a bride.

DemonicDaughter
07-10-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm a GG and the answer is still HELL NO! You all can have the minimum of 18 years dealing with someone else's crap. I have enough of my own and have yet to grow up (ask just about anyone here).

I could make a snide remark about how that must mean I'm not up to the "ultimate" female challenge but then again, I don't think giving birth defines womanhood. Thousands of women choose not to have children and they are no less women nor any less feminine for it.

But that's just how I feel. I'm one of those people that realize grown adults have a hard time with who I am, so I'm not going to force that on a child.

ReineD
07-10-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't think it is necessarily about whether they are CD or TS. I have heard non-TG males says they would like to experience child birth. There is a large curiosity factor there I have to admit.
There is a big difference between curiosity and wanting to be a woman, IMO! ;)

I sometimes wonder what it would feel like to be a guy, but there is no way I identify with any part of it. I think the question here has more to do with how deeply felt is the desire to experience this facet of being a woman and not whether someone might just be curious.

Earlier in this thread I asked a question about CDs feeling maternal, but I didn't explain why. I was trying to make the point that although pregnancy and childbirth are wonderful, they are only a very small part of the entire process. The real ultimate female challenge is raising and nurturing the child through his adult years and doing this with unconditional love. And, this joy is not limited to mothers. Fathers experience it too.

So to all who have answered you would love to be pregnant, if you are fathers, you are already experiencing the ultimate in raising a child. If that makes sense.

:love:

dawnmarrie1961
07-10-2009, 10:14 PM
The act of creating life? Isn't that such a male question to ask?!!! (No disrespect intended.)

There is nothing more intimately female, physically and emotionally, then producing new life.

For untold decades man has shrived to equal this miraculous feat but all his accomplishments only pale in comparison.

But to answer you question, I would have to say "yes", if it were possible.

But since it is not ,even remotely possible, I must be content with creation in my own way...through word and art. Not as satisfying.... but it's all I am physically capable of.

I have 3 children. My wife may have carried them of nine months but I carried them a lot longer than that!! And I still do! In my heart and soul.

Cheryl T
07-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I'd love to be able to become pregnant and give birth...not so happy about the pain part, but all the rest I'd just love. Nothing else could be more an expression of being a woman.

sometimes_miss
07-11-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm not really sure about this one; I never really had the overwhelming desire to have children, and still don't. But I know women that feel the same way, so it's not really a universal female desire. But I am aware of all the other difficulties females face, and would have been willing to deal with that, so I guess the possibility of childbirth wouldn't be a deterrent either.

I think this thread wants to deal with the 'how far would you be willing to go to experience femininity' concept; but it's not like we really have that option now, do we? All we can really do is guess what it might be like. I for one have no yearning desire to experience all the negative things in a woman's life, just so I can 'experience what it is like to be a woman', because that would be an incomplete experience no more accurate than just getting to enjoy being pretty once in a while. Unfortunately for all of us who would go for it, there is no take the whole package or leave it option. The 'whole package' of female experience cannot exist for us. Even transsexuals can never know what it is like to live their whole life as a genetic female.

janelle
07-11-2009, 11:38 AM
That is an easy one Shari, I will do it like yesterday.

Hugs,
Janelle

Stitch
07-11-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm a GG and the answer is still HELL NO! You all can have the minimum of 18 years dealing with someone else's crap. I have enough of my own and have yet to grow up (ask just about anyone here).

I could make a snide remark about how that must mean I'm not up to the "ultimate" female challenge but then again, I don't think giving birth defines womanhood. Thousands of women choose not to have children and they are no less women nor any less feminine for it.

But that's just how I feel. I'm one of those people that realize grown adults have a hard time with who I am, so I'm not going to force that on a child.

Yay! I'm so pleased to find another GG who is childfree. :thumbsup: I'm childfree by choice also. I do get terribly fed up with people who presume that being childfree means you hate kids, or that you aren't a true women. I happen to adore children, I even work in a school. I just don't want any. I don't want to grow up myself and like my time to much.

To be honest, I'm scared of pregnancy. I'm hospital phobic, and all the pain and the whole package. Also I could never offer a child the childhood I had either. Not to mention the fact that I have some rather annoying health problems I don't want to pass on, and don't make enough money to support myself let alone another life.

Incidentally another thing that people seem to glance over about pregnancy is that it can be very dangerous. Sure its natural and all the Jazz, but I almost killed my mother when I was born. She went into shock and if it wasn't for the emergency surgery she would have died :sad: I can't imagine a life without my mother, I'm glad she is still with me.

Michelle8
07-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I would definetly do it.If I had a good man in my life it
Would be wonderful.To breat feed and take care of your
kids would be the perfect feminine thing to do

Lori31
07-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I'd love to be able to become pregnant and give birth...not so happy about the pain part, but all the rest I'd just love. Nothing else could be more an expression of being a woman.

I agree 100%

Carly D.
07-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I've had kidney stones.. they hurt like hell but I've heard giving birth is right out there.. I wouldn't want to give birth to a child.. I passed a kidney stone, flushed it and don't miss it.. a kid.. that would be a tough flush..

lillian jewels
07-11-2009, 05:38 PM
absolutely yes without a shadow of doubt, if i had the right equipment, as i havn't i'll have to settle for my kittens!!!!!

ReineD
07-11-2009, 11:39 PM
I would definetly do it.If I had a good man in my life it
Would be wonderful.To breat feed and take care of your
kids would be the perfect feminine thing to do

Hi Michelle, (and others who posted with similar sentiments) please don't take my question the wrong way. I am truly trying to understand why you feel the way you do. :) What are your motives: would you want to raise kids because you love them and want to nurture your own, or do you mostly want this because you feel it is a feminine thing to do? Both dads and moms can raise kids, it is not limited to just one gender. And the breastfeeding is of such short duration compared to the child's lifetime, especially when the mom has to go back to work after her 2 month's leave of absence. My point is you could raise a child. And although you cannot breast feed, you could use bottles and experience nearly the same thing a breast-feeding mother does.

On breast-feeding, there must be a wide misconception among TGs that the feeling is physical. The feeling I had when breastfeeding my sons came from deep within my heart, not my nipples (well, except the first week or so while I was building calluses and later on, the first time they bit me when their teeth began to grow in. Ouch!). The rest of the time, I barely felt it at all, just like most people don't notice they are breathing unless they focus on it. The predominant feeling I remember is one of deep relaxation and joy. Feeding time was my excuse to find a quiet corner of the house away from it all, and enjoy cuddling my baby. I've had many friends who've had to go back to work early, and they couldn't nurse. But they enjoyed the same intensity of love as I did when they fed their babies with a bottle. And dads too, I would guess.

But, I suppose unless something is experienced first hand, it always does seem more mysterious and extraordinary than it really is.
:hugs:

darla_g
07-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Bev
i found your quote to be the most interesting. It always comes back to childbirth or so it seems.

I know for myself its the illusion of being feminine that I enjoy. If i were as a full time woman i still don't think our modern society treats them appropriately.

gailgirl9
07-12-2009, 12:49 AM
not attractive to me

DemonicDaughter
07-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Yay! I'm so pleased to find another GG who is childfree. :thumbsup: I'm childfree by choice also. I do get terribly fed up with people who presume that being childfree means you hate kids, or that you aren't a true women. I happen to adore children, I even work in a school. I just don't want any. I don't want to grow up myself and like my time to much.

To be honest, I'm scared of pregnancy. I'm hospital phobic, and all the pain and the whole package. Also I could never offer a child the childhood I had either. Not to mention the fact that I have some rather annoying health problems I don't want to pass on, and don't make enough money to support myself let alone another life.

Incidentally another thing that people seem to glance over about pregnancy is that it can be very dangerous. Sure its natural and all the Jazz, but I almost killed my mother when I was born. She went into shock and if it wasn't for the emergency surgery she would have died :sad: I can't imagine a life without my mother, I'm glad she is still with me.

Yes, everyone assumes I either hate children (I love them, especially with fries! :devil:) or that I'm physically unable to have them. As if every woman on this planet LIVES for the moment of giving birth. Ummm.... NO.

I have a million reasons why I don't have kids but in all honesty, it all boils down to... I just don't want to. I grew up with a parent that definitely shouldn't have children and that was proof enough that just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Lisa Golightly
07-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Hi Michelle, (and others who posted with similar sentiments) please don't take my question the wrong way. I am truly trying to understand why you feel the way you do. :) What are your motives: would you want to raise kids because you love them and want to nurture your own, or do you mostly want this because you feel it is a feminine thing to do?

**Warning Rambling Discourse Ahead**

Well it is an easy answer for me because I am TS and have always, even though I was in denial for years, wanted the same things out of life... to be a wife and mother.

I thought I was mad... I didn't even really like boys back then... I had the stirrings of feelings but my chemical mix just didn't allow it to work... and motherhood... Well how the hell can a boy feel broody and want to be pregnant?

It became ten fold worse when I reached the age when my age group were pairing off and suddenly it was so and so is pregnant or you see such and such with a pram and you'd have these conflicting emotions of need and jealousy... and they just kept getting stronger by the year...

There was absolutely nothing I wanted more in the world than a husband, children and a home... and I didn't have any. I tried being with girls but it didn't work as a boy... I loved being close to them... touching them... but the whole boy thing was just bleeuuugh and so everything always went wrong... which really cut me. I met two girl desperate for children, but the reality was I didn't want to be a father... be called Dad... be the sperm in the equation. It was the perpetuation of the lie that was my life.

The first girl Carmen took it very badly... she exposed the real me to the world way back in 1994 and caused me a lot of issues by telling my friends and writing to my parents... It was that relationship and her actions that led to my growing self-loathing which spiralled into self-harm and alcohol abuse.

The second girl came later in 2005 when I had finally stabilized my life into accepting that dressing would always be a part of me, and the nonsense inolving being female could be supressed and ignored (idiot). Well... she saw through me in weeks... and all the hopes I had that I could transfer my female needs onto her blew to pieces. It was the catalyst for my crisis and was fuelled by the death of my father a month later. I couldn't live like a boy any more... I wasn't a boy.

Eventually I found that on hormones that my 'platonic' interest in boys evolved to a sexual interest and I suddenly thought life could be normal for me... I could have two of the three and I knew two boys I utterly adored, but my life being my life one rejected me outright and the other played with me for a while and grew bored. I have never been able to fully express my femininity because I never had a partner that would allow me... Drives me mad... lol... Total frustration.

So now I'm 41... and the hopes are largely over... and I'm a woman without ovaries who sees families in supermarkets squbbling and fighting and sees a wonderful perfection in it... that desires it above all. To live a normal life, to care for others, to nurture... It was what I was designed for, but I am utterly imperfect and incapable it would seem.

To the girls that don't want children and can't have children, well I understand you too... I didn't want to be a father... it was an anathama to me... It revusled me. Now I can't... I refused to store sperm and am now sterile... So no babies for me by choice. It hurts, but it was the right thing to do.

As for the pain of childbirth I don't think SRS is going to be a wonderful experience, but the rewards after the fact make up for any momentary... pure agony :).

Well this turned out to be a long rambling aside... Sorry. Guess I'm thinking through things at the moment... Letting old dreams go and allowing new hopes to take shape... :)

Sorry...

Lisa x

Sheila
07-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Lisa, rarely does a post make me cry, yours just did. I ache for you hun .......... I would put a hug smilie in but it does not seem right ........... one day I will give you that hug in person I promise

Sally24
07-12-2009, 07:59 AM
When my wife and I had our children, long before I knew I was TG, I told her that if I could I would have carried them for her. It was an honest statement then and I still believe it. If it was physically possible for me to have had the children I would. At 55 I would not do it now just because I wouldn't have the energy and stamina to go thru it all. I know all about the pain and discomfort but the miracle of feeling a child moving and growing inside you is something I've always envied. And being the Dad, while I loved it, is not quite the same thing as being the Mom. My children, especially my daughter, are very close to me and I feel I nurtured them as well as my wife.

I feel for all the TS that go thru transition but still can't bear kids. Adoption is a good alternative, but still is not the same thing. Raising children is one of the primal drives and I think for some one of the central parts of their being. I hope all you TS girls get to be Moms in some fashion because even with all the problems and heartache it is one of the most rewarding experiences in this world!

lauraabdl
07-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Personally NO. I love to crossdress and would not trade it for anything. I might enjoy breastfeeding, sounds heavenly, but as for childbirth I just don't think so.
Love
Laura:hugs:

5150 Girl
07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh heeeeellllllll YES!!!!!! I want in the worst way to be able to have a baby!
Thing is, I'd likely have to go with artifiacl incimination, as I have no desire to be with a man.

AmandaM
07-12-2009, 10:52 PM
There is a big difference between curiosity and wanting to be a woman, IMO! ;)

I sometimes wonder what it would feel like to be a guy, but there is no way I identify with any part of it. I think the question here has more to do with how deeply felt is the desire to experience this facet of being a woman and not whether someone might just be curious.

Earlier in this thread I asked a question about CDs feeling maternal, but I didn't explain why. I was trying to make the point that although pregnancy and childbirth are wonderful, they are only a very small part of the entire process. The real ultimate female challenge is raising and nurturing the child through his adult years and doing this with unconditional love. And, this joy is not limited to mothers. Fathers experience it too.

So to all who have answered you would love to be pregnant, if you are fathers, you are already experiencing the ultimate in raising a child. If that makes sense.
:love:

And I agree. I do all of the above except the birthing part. So, I don't really see any benefit for me to birth my children since I get everything else anyway.

shapeshifter
07-12-2009, 11:34 PM
If science is up to the task.

ReineD
07-13-2009, 01:31 AM
Well this turned out to be a long rambling aside... Sorry. Guess I'm thinking through things at the moment... Letting old dreams go and allowing new hopes to take shape... :)

Sorry...

Lisa x

Lisa, :love: :hugs: :love: :hugs: :love:

No post can be too long when you put the deepest part of your heart in it. :love:

Lisa Golightly
07-13-2009, 02:00 AM
No post can be too long when you put the deepest part of your heart in it. :love:

Awwwwwww thank you :) x

Aubrey Green
07-13-2009, 02:27 AM
**Warning Rambling Discourse Ahead**

Well it is an easy answer for me because I am TS and have always, even though I was in denial for years, wanted the same things out of life... to be a wife and mother.

I thought I was mad... I didn't even really like boys back then... I had the stirrings of feelings but my chemical mix just didn't allow it to work... and motherhood... Well how the hell can a boy feel broody and want to be pregnant?

It became ten fold worse when I reached the age when my age group were pairing off and suddenly it was so and so is pregnant or you see such and such with a pram and you'd have these conflicting emotions of need and jealousy... and they just kept getting stronger by the year...

There was absolutely nothing I wanted more in the world than a husband, children and a home... and I didn't have any. I tried being with girls but it didn't work as a boy... I loved being close to them... touching them... but the whole boy thing was just bleeuuugh and so everything always went wrong... which really cut me. I met two girl desperate for children, but the reality was I didn't want to be a father... be called Dad... be the sperm in the equation. It was the perpetuation of the lie that was my life.

The first girl Carmen took it very badly... she exposed the real me to the world way back in 1994 and caused me a lot of issues by telling my friends and writing to my parents... It was that relationship and her actions that led to my growing self-loathing which spiralled into self-harm and alcohol abuse.

The second girl came later in 2005 when I had finally stabilized my life into accepting that dressing would always be a part of me, and the nonsense inolving being female could be supressed and ignored (idiot). Well... she saw through me in weeks... and all the hopes I had that I could transfer my female needs onto her blew to pieces. It was the catalyst for my crisis and was fuelled by the death of my father a month later. I couldn't live like a boy any more... I wasn't a boy.

Eventually I found that on hormones that my 'platonic' interest in boys evolved to a sexual interest and I suddenly thought life could be normal for me... I could have two of the three and I knew two boys I utterly adored, but my life being my life one rejected me outright and the other played with me for a while and grew bored. I have never been able to fully express my femininity because I never had a partner that would allow me... Drives me mad... lol... Total frustration.

So now I'm 41... and the hopes are largely over... and I'm a woman without ovaries who sees families in supermarkets squbbling and fighting and sees a wonderful perfection in it... that desires it above all. To live a normal life, to care for others, to nurture... It was what I was designed for, but I am utterly imperfect and incapable it would seem.

To the girls that don't want children and can't have children, well I understand you too... I didn't want to be a father... it was an anathama to me... It revusled me. Now I can't... I refused to store sperm and am now sterile... So no babies for me by choice. It hurts, but it was the right thing to do.

As for the pain of childbirth I don't think SRS is going to be a wonderful experience, but the rewards after the fact make up for any momentary... pure agony :).

Sorry...

Lisa x

Geez Lisa! After reading this. I am almost ready to ask for your hand, so we can adopt an newborn. That is an amazing look into you. :lovestruck:

Kristen-Gaye
07-13-2009, 05:03 AM
In a word, no! I guess I should expand but it's just not something I've ever considered.

Rebecca Lynn 33
07-14-2009, 12:22 AM
I honestly can say that being able to give birth would be great.When my fiance was pregnant I would lay there and watch her and wonder what it must be like.I can honestly say that I love being a father and I hope one day to have more.
The only thing that bothered me about the pregnancy was the actual delivery.She told me I had to be in the room when he was born.She knew that when I was an EMT the only thing that I dreaded was childbirth.Being there was amazing I guess its's completely different when it's your child and fiance.:daydreaming:
As far as the back pain,trouble sleeping,constantly peeing,and all the other discomforts i'm not trying to lessen it.But after suffering a very serious back injury that leaves me with most of those symptoms it would be worth it.To have to go through that would be a minor burden when you look at the precious little life you created.:)

ginafaye
07-14-2009, 12:34 AM
There have been many threads here asking what your greatest female experience would be and some that asked what profession you would choose or what movie star you would emulate.

(As for me, no thanks)
well i really like the big boobs that being pregant makes happen but unless life on this world depended on it iwould have to pass for now

Melissa Rose
07-14-2009, 01:38 AM
If I was in a stable and loving relationship with a man, I would love to carry and help raise our children. I would put up with the discomfort and pain. I would love the feel of a baby growing inside of me. Plus trying to get pregnant would be a pleasure.

I've had the thought of going out dressed as pregnant; however, it would be difficult and expensive to find a convincing fake pregnancy belly.

Fab Karen
07-14-2009, 05:21 AM
[COLOR="Blue"]

Yes, everyone assumes I either hate children (I love them, especially with fries! :devil:) or that I'm physically unable to have them. As if every woman on this planet LIVES for the moment of giving birth. Ummm.... NO.

COLOR]

Have you tried them sauteed in olive oil with shallots?:devil:

Angie G
07-14-2009, 09:32 AM
I;m thinking a very big NO freaking way girl.:hugs:
Angie

CD Susan
07-14-2009, 11:49 AM
My answer is a definate YES! Giving birth is the ultimate female experience and if I were female I would want to experience this at least once in my life. Being a parent is a huge responsibility but the rewards are well worth it.

cassandra2601
07-14-2009, 11:51 AM
I think you have hit the nail on the head - if I were a GG I would want to have a baby but it is not genetically possible.

Anna the Dub
07-14-2009, 01:18 PM
If it were possible I would love to have the chance to become a Mother, and all it entails. I would love to have children, but it was never meant to be.

Malori Cross
07-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Exactly! I was with my wife during her two C-sections, so I got a real sense of the ordeal she went through to bring our two healthy, loving, intelligent, funny, creative kids into the world. If I could have traded places with her I would in an instant.

It's the hell of menopause that would really slow me down, however.

TJ Tresa
07-14-2009, 02:33 PM
First let me say that I think Women who give brith are the greatest. Not wanting to take anything away form GG's I would say yes, I have always wondered what it would be like to have a period, to get pregnate and feel the tiny little life growing inside, the flutters, the kicks in the bladder, the whole nine yards. I would like to experience these things partly out of curuiosity and partly out of respect for true women.
I think that there is noting more sexy than a woman who is pregnate, she may not feel that way, and probably doesn't, but to me the round belle, the swollen viens, the whole nine yards/months is a thing of wonder and miracles. GOD bless all women who are Mothers.

Cary
07-14-2009, 05:14 PM
No way. I have no desire to be pregnant or to give birth.

I feel the same way!

AllieSummers
07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
There are a few things we have much better than GGs.

1. No PMS.
2. No Periods.
3. No Childbirth.

I love being fem but I draw a line. I'll let GGs keep these 3 things. :)

Kisses,

Allie

suchacutie
07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
I've passed over 30 kidney stones, so birth pain isn't the problem!

The whole concept of the question, for many of us, is just fantasy. I'm among those who wish to examine and explore my feminine self, given that I can't be female. In fact, I like being male, a lot. I just have this feminine side of me that seems to be rather strong!

So, I don't wish to be female, and that includes birth. My male body has had enough issues already :).

just sign me feminine...

tina

DemonicDaughter
07-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Have you tried them sauteed in olive oil with shallots?:devil:

No! Can you send me the recipe? I'll have to add it to my cook book. :heehee:

sarahNZ
07-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Asuming all working parts pluged in and ready to go...

definantly

As has been said it is the ultimate thing that a woman can do that a man can not, and to say that I am jelous is an understatement.:Angry3:

I would love the feeling of a little baby growing inside me and the sence of purpose that comes with it, I would be complete.

But alas it is never to be a possability, so quit teasing!:tongueout I was not graced with the working parts (politely put) of a GG so I will have to be content with the working parts of a male.
I have no intention of transitioning to womanhood as there is no point (in my view) as I may have the shape of a woman... but would never be a complete woman!

By the way I have no children so I can't tell you if I have any maternal instincts or not, all I can say is that if I was a woman in the fullest extent I would not shy away from the prospect of becoming a mother.
As for the way it is now... all I can hope for is a woman that accepts me (dresses and all) that will mother a child with me as the father.

kellycan27
07-18-2009, 09:30 PM
I would love to have children, to be able to give birth would be great,but that not being possible I would be more than elated to be able to adopt. It's not really about the "ultimate female experience" it's about having a family and raising kids.

Samantha43
07-18-2009, 10:27 PM
I am a dad, and that has been the most rewarding experience of my life. Children are a gift from God, and raising them gives me a purpose in life.

Me being pregnant? I'll pass......

This is one of the many reasons I'm glad I'm a guy. My wife took care of having the kids (she's a wonderful mom). I get to enjoy raising them!

cindycd
07-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Are you crazy. The main reason most GG's hate idiot's like us is because we love to wear their clothes and enjoy it but don't have to actually pay the price like menopause, hot flashes, insane mood swings, and wanting to kill us half the time. I think being in this position is a blessing as long as we are tolerated by our counter parts who deserve our love and attention for tolerating our behavor. I never wanted to be a woman, I just love to wear thier clothing and have been doing so since I was six.

DianeDeBris
07-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Hi all -- interesting question and interesting discussion, and a remarkably varied range of responses and opinions -- several of the responses suggest that, at least for the individual authors, the "point" of crossdressing is either to "look" like a woman or "to wear their clothes" -- so my question, in turn, is this: when you are your CD self, or when you are in CD mode," do you feel internally female/feminine? Do you wish to? Do you feel (or prefer to feel) like a guy who happens to be wearing apparel generally considered by society to belong to the female half of society? Do you try to present yourself, by voice and mannerisms, as female/feminine, or do you try to present yourself as gender-bending?
TIA for your thoughts!
Diane

Jacquie
07-19-2009, 02:58 AM
Looking like a woman is enough for me.:)

Jenniferpl
07-19-2009, 03:00 AM
In a heart beat. To be able to feel something grow and move inside me, would be the ultimate experience. Also, to be able to watch my belly expand and strech over time would be cool to experience. The thought of being pregnant, how it will change me and make me grow as person would make it worth it. Think about this. Many a woman has stated, some of the best sex they ever had was when they were pregant.

On another note. Just because you are able to have kids, does not mean you should.

CindyLouWho
07-27-2009, 02:02 PM
The short answer is COUNT ME IN! There is a longer answer brewing somewhere in my mind but I haven't formulated it yet and it's likely to end up an essay along the lines of "Common Sense".

Alice Torn
07-27-2009, 03:04 PM
No way! Coming from very emotionally/mentally sick parents myself, who should not have had kids, in the first place, having overwhelming family, and personal issues myself, and emotional/mental illnesses, I should be glad God has not allowed me to have any children, as a guy, and, no way would i want to have any if i could, as a woman. My only sister never had a child, either, as also one brother. I also see, that this present world, has gotten too terrible stressful, and dangerous, and insane, and OVERCROWDED. pOPULATION EXPLOSION, is the threat to world peace, and survival, that no one addresses, anymore! Even if i was without the afflictions i struggle with, unless i lived way, way out from the cities, on a nice farm, or ranch, i would not bring a kid into such a world gone beyond the brink! I applaud all the gg's who have the strength to do it, and can understand, why so many cd's would do so, if possible. I agree with Demonic Daughter. Cats and birds, have been my adopted kids, and they are low maintenance, MOST of the time. Society has always put stigmas, on childless women, men, and couples. The church i have been in, also almost worships breeding kids, and looks down on old childless singles, a lot. I think the time is here, when wise people, will refrain from breeding, due to the times we live in.

sometimes_miss
07-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Are you crazy. The main reason most GG's hate idiot's like us is because we love to wear their clothes and enjoy it but don't have to actually pay the price like menopause, hot flashes, insane mood swings, and wanting to kill us half the time. I think being in this position is a blessing as long as we are tolerated by our counter parts who deserve our love and attention for tolerating our behavor. I never wanted to be a woman, I just love to wear thier clothing and have been doing so since I was six.

I don't think they hate us, I think they feel that we don't understand what it's like to deal with the clothes, hair, make up, shoes, social vulnerability, pregnancy worries, etc. etc., on a daily basis, because they do have to spend quite a bit more maintenance time on themselves that the average guy does. And, for the most part, they're right. But they don't understand our lives either.

Elizabeth2-
07-27-2009, 10:43 PM
yes, yes, yes,

Joann Smith
07-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Been in the room a couple times with the wife while she birth babies...looked like she passed bout 10 pounds of her entrails ....not pretty...nothing femm bout it ... definataly not somthing i want to give a try.. more than happy to leave that little tid bit of womanhood up to the professionals..

Joann

Megan70
07-28-2009, 01:05 AM
when asked " is childbirth painful?". Her answer was " imagine if you could take your bottom lip and pull it all the way over your head and hook it on your ears... that will give you an idea how painful it is"

As AllieSummers said above
There are a few things we have much better than GGs.
1. No PMS.
2. No Periods.
3. No Childbirth.

I love being fem but I draw a line. I'll let GGs keep these 3 things.

I'll pass on that one too!

Kelsy
07-28-2009, 03:57 AM
I have raised three as a father would love to have been able to experience child bearing and raising from a mom's persective. I know one thing, It's a heck of alot of work to be a good mom but well worth it!

Kelsy

allisonrn06
07-28-2009, 04:04 AM
I have no desire to actually be female so for me the answer is no.

rrraquelll
09-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Oh No!!!:whew!:

AndreaMarie19
09-04-2009, 12:22 PM
call me crazy, but ill try to conceve one day, the pain is only temporary and goes away with time. :p and it would be wonderful to have children!

ToxicAvenger095
09-04-2009, 12:35 PM
I've always loved the idea of having another human growing inside me, I believe all the pain and fat would be worth it in the end, I've always wanted to be a mother. I think holding a baby after the birth must be one of the greatest feelings in the world.

Crysten
09-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Not too long ago, for whatever reason, I happened to eat an ENTIRE BLOCK of cheddar cheese. The resultant labor pains (about 6 hours worth) and.....er, final outcome leads me to never, ever, ever, EVER.....want to give birth. Ever. Yikes.

DianneRoberts
09-04-2009, 01:19 PM
I've GOT to know why you ate an entire block of cheese.
Lost a bet, frat hazzing, sounds like a story here somewhere....
Nobody just eats a block of cheese.
Enquiring minds want to know........

Cathytg
09-04-2009, 09:56 PM
OMG! I'm 64 years old!

I guess if I had ever actually wanted to be a woman the thought of birth would have come once or twice.

However, I am just a dresser and I never had any thoughts of being a woman.

Probably would have changed my participation in my son's Boy Scout troop, though.

Crysten
09-05-2009, 03:44 AM
I was hungry.

I ate a lot of cheese.

So, I'm not the brightest bulb on the on the farm. Or whatever. :)

HelenaB
09-05-2009, 04:53 AM
I already have three children, but on every occasion have felt very jealous of my wife, with her being able to experience the sensation of another human life being nurtured inside her. Although obviously stressful & painful, the moment of giving birth would also be such an experience.
In short, yes, without question, I would relish the chance of having a baby should I have been affording the opportunity.

Kate Simmons
09-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Of course. I've always wanted to be a Mom since I've been little. Despite the feelings, it wasn't to be this time around.:)

markinhose
09-05-2009, 07:25 AM
yes i would, ive thought about this very subject for years. if like you said i had all the right parts, without hesitation yes i would

Maia Saturn
09-05-2009, 07:34 AM
I was hungry.

I ate a lot of cheese.

So, I'm not the brightest bulb on the on the farm. Or whatever. :)

Hi Jack! j/k

If I thought it might give me wider hips, then I would consider the pain aspect. But not wanting to have any children, not being married, not having a fulltime SO, and/or not knowing what to do with the kid afterwards, I would have to say no.

So no. Yes. Thats it.

carrie-ann
09-05-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm 50 now but I would do it if some one said I could have sugery today and get pregnant. I have always wanted to.

XdresserAshley
09-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I would love to be pregnant, but skip the giving birth part! :) I think pregnant women are gorgeous and I would love wearing maternity wear. Just feeling the bump on your stomach would be amazing knowing there is life growing inside you. I have a pic in an album where I made myself look pregnant, great feeling.

:<3: Ashley :<3:

Ingrid1999
09-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes definitly yes! Id prefer to be a lesbian mom because Im much more in tune in relationships with women than men. But Ive certainly fantasized about that perfect man, but men in real life gernerally are not that appealing to me. My LTRs tend toward butchy women. My GF rides a Harley, I dont. I dont ride Bi*** since Im about 3 feet taller than her and thats just too weird. :)

But beyond that, Ive wanted to be a mom since about 13 (though not be a 13 yr old mother). Im probably TS but can't see myself transitioning as Im now in my 'middle years' with 20 years of professional education and life behind me and risking everything as well as turning my mother's world upside down at this point is more than I can see myself doing. If I understood my feelings and had the options available to me back in those early teen years my life would have been very different.

But still If I ever have children, I'll certainly be more the mom than the dad because that's how Im wired. I can't help it. I have a female soul.

JenniferZ2009
09-05-2009, 02:23 PM
At least then I would have an excuse for my weight and I would have big boobs.

Heather65
09-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Ummmm....NO.

In response to Bev06, I've already have the tummy bulge and vericose veins (sigh).:straightface:

Debbie new
09-05-2009, 03:45 PM
No thank you.

Gennifer
09-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Shari,

Great question! If I was a woman, had all the right parts, etc., would I want to give birth? Yes. Without hesitation. Whenever I see a pregnant woman, I think to myself, how wonderful it would be to have a baby.

~Emma D~
09-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Nothing to think about - 100% YES.
If only wishes could come true!

Jenny Wilson
09-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Pardon my French but "No Way in H#@L" would I want to give birth. I couldn't handle the pain of a kindey stone, let alone give birth to a child.

I've had a kidney stone and it was no fun, but to put it in perspective, my ex's friend Sue had a kidney stone and Sue has also given birth by vaginal delivery to two children. Sue said she'd go for giving birth any day rather than have another kidney stone. Granted, that's one woman's opinion, but one that impressed my wife, who has had C-sections.

jenna_woods
09-05-2009, 06:28 PM
no way

kinky_caitlin
09-05-2009, 09:51 PM
the answer is Yes! I would love to get pregnant by the right husband and feel the life grow inside of me, then give birth, and raise the child as a mother. I can't imagine anything more feminine than that

fiona_libby
09-06-2009, 06:52 AM
As far as I am concerned my dressing is very much a part of my image of myself and the desire to be a woman in every aspect, including child birth.
But my feelings remain in the realm of hopes, wishes and dreams
Huggs :hugs:
Fiona

RiverdanceGirl
09-06-2009, 09:05 AM
If I was Gina Holden ( but with sturdier more muscular legs ) and I was impregnated by Michael Shanks then yes . I fantasize about it often but would be terrified in RL . Absolute answer ...yes . Bloated ankles and frequent peeing , I would want the experience . Life isn't supposed to be comfortable :) .

Nicki .

Edited for my bade speelinge .

Angie F
09-06-2009, 09:24 AM
under the right circumstances, h Yes!!! I father one child, and raised her, so if I were 20 years younger darn straight I would love to be with child!!!!!!

Barbara Dugan
09-06-2009, 09:36 AM
My mom always says giving birth is easy raise them is the complicated part
and she gave birth seven times:hugs:

Nicole Brown
09-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Oh yes, without question or doubt, I definitely would love to be pregnant and to give birth to my own child. There is just one caveat, I'd have to be in my 20's again. :battingeyelashes:

Nicole

MJ
09-07-2009, 07:30 AM
yes i would. after all i have gone through this past few weeks " srs " thats the closest I'll ever come to given birth. "still can't sit or walk too far"

like others have said i would like to be young again.

Kerigirl2009
09-07-2009, 07:47 AM
HMMMM If I could be pregnant? I have told my wife that I would if I could, but I can't so I won't. But If I could I would have to say YES I would. that would definately be an experience. Seeing as my wife went thru it 4 times I think I could handle it 1 time. So would that make me 25% woman then?
A fantasy that I have had to be pregnant and give birth the only problem that I see with this is explaining to my wife how I became pregnant. LOL although I don't think she would find that part funny. But to feel a baby move and push their little feet around that would be awesome. I am a sensitive man as I cryed at all 4 of my childrens births (never thought I would but the tears they just seemed to keep flowing) I would definately say yes to carrying a child but with my luck I would probably have twins. :daydreaming: The thought of mothering a child. Would I be better at it then as a father. HMMMM

Krissie1962
09-07-2009, 12:40 PM
the act of concieving sounds nice,But no way I dont like seeing blood .especaily my own.I have a week stomach. diapers eeeewie.no thanx

Ze
09-07-2009, 02:20 PM
So after reading through, I realized I can't leave this point alone.

Am I to assume none of you consider adoption feminine? You're still raising a child who needs love and nurturing. Who gives a damn where it came from?

In my opinion, what you do is a hell of a lot more important than what you "are." So giving birth is "proof" that you're feminine? That's an utter misconception dug up from gender stereotypes. Giving birth doesn't prove you're feminine; it just proves you're biologically female. And what sort of message would that otherwise give to GFs who are unable to bear children? That they're failures as feminine women?

I'm sorry, but I have a major sensitivity to the stigma of adoption. Adopted people seem to be the one minority that's still okay to piss on.

Tamara Croft
09-07-2009, 08:37 PM

Assuming all the right parts, how many of you would want to give birth?Wow, I can't believe what I'm reading. Giving birth makes you ultimately female? I can totally understand a TS wanting this, but a CD... c'mon... it's pure fantasy. Giving birth is not ultimately female, it's bloody hard work, it's painful, it can be degrading, it can lead to a hell of a lot of complications, including post natal depression. Would that be ultimately female for you eh? :brolleyes:

And what about those that can't have children, aren't they ultimately female enough then? :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Maddie22
09-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Its kinda funny,
I am begining to realize that the reason why I don't want kinds as a man is because I can not give birth!
I see pregnant women and I am jealous of them, I want the beautiful belly, and I will gladly take all of the pain it goes along with to experience it!
I think it is the epitome of womanhood!

Tamara Croft
09-08-2009, 08:58 AM
I think it is the epitome of womanhood!No it's not :slap: and as you're not a woman, you can't even say it.

People keep saying, this is womanly, that is womanly, blah blah blah... seriously, giving birth is far from being womanly you can get... :brolleyes:

Sandra
09-08-2009, 09:27 AM
If you all think that being on a bed legs wide open with everything being on show for people to see, and you screaming and shouting is the ultimate female thing to do, then you really are so naive or stupid.

Sally2005
09-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Nope. No desire to even look like a pregnant woman...except it would be really nice to be able to capture that nice glow.

Maddie22
09-09-2009, 12:36 AM
I think some people are missing the point of why it is a womanly thing to do.

It is not about labor, and having your legs spread out in front of everyone in agonising pain.

It is about life, birth, the miracle of creating a new person, the attatchment to the child, holding the child in your hands after labor, the bonding.

Its the ability to create life is what is so beautiful about a woman.

Joann0830
09-09-2009, 12:41 AM
No thanks but breast feeding is another story. From what I have learned it is possible to do for men. Now that would be really sweet. Hmmmmmmmm, yes.

Keli

That would be the experience I would like to have tried Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

ReineD
09-09-2009, 01:18 AM
It is about life, birth, the miracle of creating a new person, the attatchment to the child, holding the child in your hands after labor, the bonding.

Its the ability to create life is what is so beautiful about a woman.

You have a good point and I don't mean to be flip, but it takes two people to create life. One of them just incubates it for awhile. But once the child is born, both parents are attached, both bond, and both raise and nurture the child.

Yes, I did feel a thrill when I found out I was pregnant. I was also amazed at the miracle of life. Imagine that! A brand new person! But, my husband felt the miracle equally. He felt the joy, the pain, the sorrow when things went wrong. Our son was just as much his as he was mine.

When my first child was born, I was so exhausted immediately after the birth, it was my husband who held our son and stared in his eyes for an hour. I was watching from the birthing bed and I'll never forget the expression on his face. He was mesmerized! I cannot say that one of us felt a deeper emotion and attachment to the child than the other.

We both changed his diaper. We both got up in the night. We both bathed him. He slept on both our chests at night when we were watching TV.

And then for the next 21 years of his life, our son was equally both our priority.

raleighbelle
09-09-2009, 01:43 AM
I would absolutely love to get pregnant, even go through the birthing process, nursing, and being a mom to my own child. I have felt that way even since I was a child. Although it takes two to create a child, there is still quite a difference in the relationship that a mother has with her child than that the father does. I have not had kids and do not plan to, but if I could do it as a female I would definitely want to (were I a bit younger).

stormrider
09-09-2009, 11:21 AM
IN A HEARTBEAT!!!!!! (If I was still young enough)

jenniferj
09-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Yes, yes, yes!!! Or perhaps if the question were "would you like to have given birth..." I am far too old to start raising an infant.

But I don't think of it as a female experience I need to check off to finish some list. It's just the idea of accepting the life from another and holding and protecting her while she grows inside me, and then presenting her to the world, and raising her and nurturing her - holding her to my breast as she nurses. It's what I have always felt I was born to do.

Yes, childbirth hurts - I was ther to hold DSW's hand for both of our kids and she really did have some serious pain. But within seconds of delivering, she was smiling and laughing and holding the baby - that's really how the female body/endrocrine system is put together. I've done things to my guy-body that took a lot longer to get over.

BTW, I am aware that I refered to the baby I won't ever have as "she"; that's just always how I pictured it. I would certainly love to have a boy also.

-jj

Fab Karen
09-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Here's an idea: go out and ask 100 women if they have become the "ultimate female" ( and you explain what you mean ).
Report back after you get out of the hospital.