PDA

View Full Version : Ever get jealous?

Stacie Stockman
07-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Alot of the photos of the girls here look so great. You ever get the feeling that they look so good, and you'll never be able to look as good? Like they're so beautiful, so confident, so utter passable and you just feel that youre a pretender to other cds?

StephanieCD
07-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Guilty as charged!

DanaJ
07-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Stacie - don't sell yourself short! You are a real beauty, and can hold your own :)

DanaJ

Laurie Ann
07-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Absolutely but I dress for my enjoyment and hope to get to the point where I do not care what other people think. Many of the women here are an inspiration. Envy or jealously is something we all feel towards others for a variety of reasons just don't ley it get ya down

Jesse69
07-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Alot of the photos of the girls here look so great. You ever get the feeling that they look so good, and you'll never be able to look as good? Like they're so beautiful, so confident, so utter passable and you just feel that youre a pretender to other cds?

I don't get jealous of any crossdressor - no matter how beautiful he is. I only get jealous of real beautiful women (GG). LIke I wish I were a real beautiful woman.

Rachel Morley
07-11-2005, 09:11 PM
You know the phase "the camera never lies"? Don't believe it for a second!
Photos, especially photos that have to be compressed to upload to the net can be very kind to us.

I know for a fact that I look a million times better when I see my pictures on this site than when I look (close up) in the mirror. That said, and to get back to the subject of your post, I agree. I thought I used to look pretty good until I came here and discovered that really I'm a bit of an amateur by comparison. Some of my sisters here really are very pretty and totally passable.

I'm glad to be here though, because I have solid evidence of what can be achieved with the right clothes, hair and make-up etc and this gives me something to strive for.

eileen1969
07-11-2005, 09:16 PM
I get jello of girls who wear pantyhose that look better than me!~ :p :eek: :dead: :Punch:

Jenny Beth
07-11-2005, 09:20 PM
I can't say that I am jealous but I certainly admire those who have really put it all together with a good make over and flattering clothes. Add a great pose and nice smile and we definitely have some lovely ladies here.

jo_ann
07-11-2005, 09:25 PM
I know for a fact that I look a million times better when I see my pictures on this site than when I look (close up) in the mirror

I feel quite the opposite.. I feel like I look so good in the mirror, then I take a picture, and the truth is revealed.

Wendy me
07-11-2005, 09:49 PM
me i less than passable...but happy being me...and also happy for all the girls who put the work in to theire look....

Tristen Cox
07-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Well that is an extreme way of looking at it. Sure I wish I were shorter or more fem in appearance but not to the extent of depression or anything. Sometimes I see a real good looking passable CD and say to myself "bitch.." :p

Of course I don't mean that literally. ;)

Clare
07-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Envious is probably a better word for it.

The thing is, a lot of girls here have been cd'ing for years and have worked out how to look and present themselves in the best possible way. They have the complete outfit from wigs to shoes and have plenty of experience / practice.

Some are lucky enough to have have slightly feminine features which helps the overall effect of 'transitioning' to use a generic phrase.

Other just have to make do (i'm one of them). It doesn't make me feel worse about my crossdressing - at least i can still do it which is the important thing!

Christine

Stephanie Mancini
07-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Me jealous, never, i am just so happy being me, put me in a skirt and i'am the equal of anyone

Steph

Rikki
07-12-2005, 12:58 AM
I don't think that I am jealous, I think that I may be envious though. I know that I could never look like a real GG, but I don't dress up to show myself off, I am content to just dress up and admire myself. I would like to pass, but I don't want to show it to the public. I have a few GG friends who have seen me and they are very special ladies.

Rikki

Deborah
07-12-2005, 01:13 AM
I think i have a great feminine body. Its my big male head and looks that get in the way :(

azncd
07-12-2005, 01:44 AM
I feel quite the opposite.. I feel like I look so good in the mirror, then I take a picture, and the truth is revealed.
i sorta feel like you jo_ann... i look in the mirror, am so impressed by my makeup job... then the pics turn out crappy....
it's true, about compression/what not... cuz for every one good pic i post or feel decent about, i have to shuffle through dozens of terrible ones.

Cindy K
07-12-2005, 02:20 AM
I don't get jealous of any crossdressor - no matter how beautiful he is. I only get jealous of real beautiful women (GG). LIke I wish I were a real beautiful woman.
That just about sums it up for me too Jesse

Julie
07-12-2005, 02:36 AM

I've seen some pictures of girls here that I can't believe are really males and I wonder how they do it. Then I see another picture of them or meet them in person and I can't believe it's the same person I saw earlier. One thing we all see is what others want us to see. I have taken so many pictures I'd never post here because I hate how I look. I criticize every little flaw and vow never to show them to anyone. But every once in a while I get a picture that looks pretty good. Maybe it's the lighting or the camera angle or the makeup or how I am standing or sitting or tilting my head or... well you get the idea. Fact is we all put our best face forward whenever we can.

One time I had the opportunity to be on a boat with Coppertone models while they were shooting for some magazine ads. It was my dad's boat and my cousin had the photographer for his client and offered him the boat. So my dad calls me and says that boat will not leave the dock without me (I was single at the time :D ). So I get there around 6:00 AM all excited about meeting these models. The photographer arrives and soon afterward the two models arrive. Well, I have to admit, I was disappointed. Not only did they not have a tan but they were very plain looking. They didn't even have on any makeup. I would have never guessed them to be models if I saw them on the street.

Afterwards my dad asked me about the girls. I told him they were okay, nothing special. Later, he gets posters of the girls from my cousin and calls me telling me I need to have my eyes examined. The next time I saw him he showed me the posters and I was in shocked! They were very tan and they were very gorgeous! When I talked to my cousin he told me they just brushed them up in the shop. "They always do that" he said.

Now, I'm not saying anyone here alters their pictures, just that pictures can fool you. Something I learned that day out on Lake Michigan.

mand
07-12-2005, 06:47 AM
Julie M, I do so agree with what you have said, A few years ago now I witnesed a very similar situation. It was a car dealership that was doing an advertising photo spread. Anyway I saw the couple of models they were using for it and they really quite plain looking girls to say the least. When it came to the finished photo's I couldn't believe that these were the same girls, it was a truely amazing transformation.

Anyway my response to Stacie's thread, the camera does lie to a certain extent so I never get jealous of any photo's. Don't get me wrong I admire the time, effort and trouble that some girls go to to achieve their best, some of the results that I have seen on this site alone are truely stunning.
I am always very selective of any photo's I do, I always do them in conditions that are within my control and deletion is my most common pastime.

Also I find that after seeing someones photo's a few times you don't notice them, more important to me is what the girls say, I find that you get the personality of the real person coming through, thats what counts not how they look.

love mand xxx :)

melissacd
07-12-2005, 07:30 AM
I can certainly understand what Julie and Mand mean about how pictures can be selected and touched up to make the end product look so much better than where you started because I have touched up many a photo. That is especially true now that digital manipulation tools have become so cost effective, it just takes some practice and patience and you can make up a pretty good look.

I also agree that the resolution of pictures on a web page help to improve the look.

All that being said, there are many girls here who are beautiful regardless of what the picture looks like. As Mand so aptly pointed out, beauty on the outside is momentary, beauty on the inside is forever. There are many beautiful souls here and I am happy to be a part of this. There is nothing to feel jealous of. Just revel in the wonderous beauty that we find here.

Hugs
Melissa

Sharon
07-12-2005, 08:16 AM
There is no feeling of jealousy in me regarding other members, only admiration. We all do whatever we need to do to look our best, but some of us are just more blessed (or in my case, not blessed :cry: ) than others. We can't dwell on what we have no control of.

FionaAlexis
07-12-2005, 08:33 AM
No - I don't. Well not since I hit middle age.

I'm very happy for those who look beautiful and who are very convincing but I'm quite content and comfortable with the way I look.

Fiona xx

Jonien
07-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Not jealose or envios and there are a lot very good looking Lady's on here in personality as well as ther looks Just hope that I'm improving then I'll be content :Pray:

Vivian Best
07-12-2005, 09:02 AM
You notice I do not have a picture of myself posted. That's because I'm the most beautiful CDr you have ever seen. NOW, to Julie's post that says camera lie, WELL so do words! Now the real reason I do not have a avatar is that I don't want anyone to see me because my picture doesn't lie and I don't want to put that burden on anyone especially you wonderful girls.

To the thread, I don't get jealous or envious. I'm just pleased that we have some that can carry our cause forward.

Vivian :(

carson
07-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Absolutely but I dress for my enjoyment and hope to get to the point where I do not care what other people think. Many of the women here are an inspiration. Envy or jealously is something we all feel towards others for a variety of reasons just don't ley it get ya down

My sentiments exactly Laurie Ann. And as far as how the camera treats you. It can be kind or cruel. When I posted my first pictures from the chest down, I must admit, I was quite pleased. I thought my legs in particular looked great and I received some very kind feedback. Then I got brave and decided it was time to show my face. Well, I do have pretty strong masculine features to begin with, and I've never worked with makeup so the outcome was, er, less than feminine. But like Laurie Ann, I dress for my own enjoyment and the connection it gives me to my feminine side. Although I do wish I had a face that lent itself to a more feminine transformation. When I do see people here who can transform themselves into truly feminine beauties, I feel a sense of appreciation but also one of unattainable longing. :cry:

mand
07-13-2005, 10:29 AM
You notice I do not have a picture of myself posted. That's because I'm the most beautiful CDr you have ever seen. NOW, to Julie's post that says camera lie, WELL so do words!.

Vivian :(

So true Vivian, I think that the thread "Sissys, Panties and Wallmart", show's this very well, I'm sure that Tristen included virtually every piece of BS that I have ever read on this forum in that thread :) .

I tend to vist here everyday and I have found with the more regular posters on here that you do get a feel for their personalty. To me this tends to stand out more than any photo, the photo becomes just a background and it's the personality that comes to the forefront.

I'm sure that we will read lots more fantasic claims on here, but they are only fooling themselves by thinking they are fooling everyone else.

love mand xxx

Melissa A.
07-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Wishing sometimes that I could look more feminine or pass better comes from within me and doesn't have anything to do with how others look. The only word that comes to mind regarding many of you is "impressed".

And I agree with melissa and Mand. Looks are fleeting, and matter less than being a good person. So many of the girls here are so empathetic and compassionate, as well as smart, insightful and really funny. Much more important than a pic. Did you ever work with a really gorgeous woman who was just a miserable jerk? After a while, if you ever were attracted to her, you stop feeling that way. She doesn't even look quite as attractive physically. At least that has happened to me.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Maria2004
07-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Here are some of my less flattering early days pics, and a before and after re-touch. Enjoy :cool:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/maria04/boofull.jpg

Clare
07-14-2005, 03:05 AM
I tend to vist here everyday and I have found with the more regular posters on here that you do get a feel for their personalty. To me this tends to stand out more than any photo

So true Mand. I just hope my online - no, make that real - personality is percieved as 'acceptable', otherwise i'll have to crawl into the nearest dark space!

Christine

carson
07-14-2005, 03:16 AM
Here are some of my less flattering early days pics, and a before and after re-touch. Enjoy :cool:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/maria04/boofull.jpg
I like the pictures Maria. And your long hair is beautiful! Just one question: What's the tatoo on your left forearm?

FionaAlexis
07-14-2005, 04:09 AM
For me - photo avatars are quite important - I like to put a face to the words. I also think it is more difficult to be disingenuous if you have your face up there like a beacon.

I guess for most well meaning people you may get some feel for the personality behind the words - but I also think it can be a bit misleading. In my own case I am quite shy and reserved in real life - but fairly outspoken and assertive on the net. Internet personalities can be quite different from those displayed in the real world. I have seen at least one instance of someone posting with two IDs on the same forum - each with a quite different personality.

And remember - not all that glitters is gold.

Fiona xx

Maria2004
07-14-2005, 09:49 PM
I like the pictures Maria. And your long hair is beautiful! Just one question: What's the tatoo on your left forearm?

It's a beautiful Dragon, I love it and will never get rid of it, and do not hide it when I go out en femm. Thank you for your kind comments. I love my long wig also, it's not expensive, but it is "human hair", but the bangs and sides are too short to tie back in a nice bow or hair clip, so I'm saving up for a better one. I love my "shortie" wig too, most people think I look the better in "it" so I appreciate your comment on the long one.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/maria04/dragon.jpg

Take care

Maria