PDA

View Full Version : Early Shopping Experience

Katt Solomon
07-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Just wanted to share with everyone the interesting experience I had when I went to buy my first bras. I was originally only going to buy one, but since I was still unsure about size and such I ended up buying two too see which would fit better and would be more comfortable.

I'd already bought my first panties the week before, but I kinda cheated just getting them from a supermarket where it'd be less embarrassing :o

Anyway, after spending about 10 minutes wandering around Big W, trying to work up the nerve to enter the women's lingerie section of the store. I finally decided on "What's the worst that could happen?", and entered, picked out two bras that I liked, and high-tailed it out of there.

I took a minute to compose myself, as I was dying of nerves on the inside, before I went over to the checkout. The lady at the checkout didn't really seem to care what I was purchasing, but it was the little old lady in the queue behind me that took interest. I hadn't really even noticed her until I heard her say "Young lady, you don't really need to be purchasing fancy ones like that do you?" I was quite surprised by this, and so was she when I turned around. I guess she'd only seen me from behind, and had taken a guess based on my long ponytail. As she didn't expect this 'lady' to have light facial hair.

She ended up apologising for the comment, but I said it was alright. We both laughed, and I completed my transaction with the cashier and left, hoping that any future shopping trips would be a little less nerve-wracking.

bethw
07-09-2009, 10:27 AM
That's great Katt. Did everything fit? Trust me, it gets easier the more times you do it. Wait until you get brave enough to go out dressed and try things on. You'll really enjoy that.
Hugs
Beth

Marisa_M
07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
That's one of the thrilling but wonderful experiences we have in our life!!!!!

Another way to enjoy shopping!:)

Miranda09
07-09-2009, 01:02 PM
That's great. It's little experiences like that which can make shopping less nerve wracking. Thanks for sharing. :)

Katt Solomon
07-09-2009, 05:36 PM
That's great Katt. Did everything fit? Trust me, it gets easier the more times you do it. Wait until you get brave enough to go out dressed and try things on. You'll really enjoy that.
Hugs
Beth

Yes, I was lucky that both bras I'd picked out managed to fit :)
And as for shopping while dressed, well that day may be a lil far away, but it's something I eagerly look forward to :daydreaming:

Amy Lynn3
07-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I was shopping at Goodwill the other day and the SA at the check out counter said she really liked the top I was buying and said she was sure my SO would love it to. I just said thank you. Most of the time people just assume you are buying for a wife of GF, so shop your heart out girlfriend.

love heels
07-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I was in a posh shoe shop in windsor about to buy some expensive thigh high boots. There were two other lady's in the shop one turned to me and said, whos the luck girl that is getting those lovley boots for christmas, i said actualy they are for me, there jaws hit the floor and they made a quick exit, the girl behind the till smilled, she new they were for me because i had just tried them on.:)
Katie x.

gennee
07-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Way to go, Katt. It gets easier each time. You'll find that shoppig will be more fun, too.

Gennee
:cheer:

DAWNB
07-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I guess I never have had problems buying womens clothes. I buy for my wife all the time and just go into the womens section and if I see something I like I buy it. I have learned enough about sizes so I am usually on the mark with items I buy. I have had comments made also about I hope it fits and it's not your color from those at the register and just either let it slide or make a comment like if it doesn't fit me can I bring it back. Usually get a laugh as they think I am kidding back at them. Most of the clerks are happy to make a sale.

Jilmac
07-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Katt, I was in your position many moons ago. I think the first time I bought a bra for myself was around 1975 (shows you how old I am). Up until then any bras I owned were discards from people I knew. I didn't have to guess at the fit because I had already determined my band and cup size, but as happened with you nobody seemed to care what I was buying or who it was for. My nervousness lasted one shopping trip and after that I could go into any store and buy anything and not give a hoot about what anyone else said or thought. Take it from someone who has been dressing for many years, it gets easier each time you do it. It won't be long before you'll be going shopping dressed, and taking your selections into the women's dressing rooms to try them on, and nobody will notice. :thumbsup:

Samantha43
07-09-2009, 09:40 PM
I still remember the first feminine item I bought for myself. It was a red leather mini skirt in the mid 1980's. I was very nervous. It was a specialty shop in the mall with only me and the sales girl in it. I picked out the skirt and went to the checkout. The sales girl packed it up and said "here's your skirt". I think I was as red as the skirt! I went back into the mall and realized I wasn't really that uncomfortable buying it. I then went to a shoe store and bought a pair of red heels, then to another specialty shop to buy a top. I had fun when I got home!

Now I buy everything including lingerie and makeup.

It does get easier after the first time.

Teri Jean
07-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Katt, it will get easier and if you have to take back a purchase that may be the wrong size don't fret. Just walk in as if you have done this a million times.

The other day I was out with a sister-in-law shopping at a thrift shoppe when I found a beautiful summer dress and jacket, $8, and when I went to check out the SAasked if I was going to wear it somewhere special. Being a little cocky I told her as matter of fact I was. She bounced back with " we have some great shoes to go along with the dress". I told her I wouldn't need any as I have a few pairs that would be fine.

We both laughed and I left. Now she had to be in her mid 80s so I think she was trying to be cute but in reality she was closer to the truth than she knew.

Older people are more accepting than we may have thought.

Have fun. Keli

Jess CD
07-09-2009, 11:32 PM
I remember when I bought lipstick for the first time, I knew what colors I wanted and that was it, I had no clue about any varieties, and I just wanted to buy it and get out of the store as quickly as possible. I went to pay for them and the look on the girl's face when she rang them up made me a little nervous, nothing was said, but I knew she was thinking something strange. ha ha ha. I prefer to shop online.