PDA

View Full Version : At the Lumberyard

Magickman
07-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Just yesterday, I needed to stop at the lumberyard, to pick up a load of landscape edging bricks. But wouldn't you know it, I was wearing a denim miniskirt, and had my nails done. Wedge heel tennies. I was in my guy in a skirt mode.

Naturally, I wasn't about to load the truck with bricks myself, and maybe break a nail. So, I had to recruit one of the yard workers, and his fork lift, to load the truck.

The lumberyard workers, both the guys and the women, all saw me, and could hardly help noticing how I was dressed. But they were cool, and said nothing.

Under these circumstances, I play things perfectly straight. I portray everyman, just asking for loading help, with a heavy cargo. Yup, everyman in a skirt, with a manicure.

Outings like this are not infrequent for me. And things always go smoothly.

Among the rest of you folks, are your experiences parallel with mine? Do things go as smoothly for you, in similar situations?

Lauren Richards
07-10-2009, 09:26 AM
I have occasionally done the same thing, with similar reactions. I think that being polite and not making a big deal about it goes a long way. Who knows what they talk about later, but I have never had anyone make a fuss over what I am wearing, whether it be a torn pair of paint-splattered jeans or a skirt.

Rachel Morley
07-10-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't think I push the envelope as much as you seem to do as I don't wear skirts in boy mode ... the most I do is wear capris and a twinset or perhaps jeans and an obvious woman's top or blouse. I also wear fairly obvious eye makeup.

Do my experiences parallel yours? Do things go as smoothly for me, in similar situations? - well, to honest with you, I never go to places like lumber yards etc dressed like this but I do go to the grocery store and the post office etc and pretty much it's uneventful. I get smiles (only from GGs) and I can tell that the guys have noticed by clothes by how their eyes move up and down my body but no one says anything to my face. Whether they think I'm some kind of weirdo or something or other, well I don't really know. Hopefully they just think I'm "alternative" and harmless :) They seem to treat me the same as any other customer.

StacyCD
07-10-2009, 02:52 PM
I don't push the envelope as far as you. When I'm wearing a skirt I am also fully dressed. On occasion, I'll wear women's slacks or jeans and a women's top but unless you look very closely you couldn't tell. Even more rarely, I'll wear low heels or slides.

MissConstrued
07-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Denim skirts are pretty much my summer work wear, so yeah... in Home Despot all the time.

Pretty hard to get a rise out of people round here, though.

Phyliss
07-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Just yesterday, I needed to stop at the lumberyard,...I was in my guy in a skirt mode.

Denim skirts are pretty much my summer work wear, so yeah... in Home Despot all the time....

Hmmm, I was in Lowes last weekend wearing plaid shorts, ladies polo shirt white open toed sandals to show off my painted nails, and my hair in a high pony tail. Nothing said. Just may have to see what happens in a short skirt. Not too short to give away any secrets. :o

Nicole Erin
07-11-2009, 01:07 AM
Well, not suprising, if you are comfy with yourself, people are less likely to give you any hassle. Bullies want a target who is not confident.

Most of my shirts, no straight non-CD man would wear, and I never hear anything about it

Intertwined
07-11-2009, 01:47 AM
Just yesterday, I needed to stop at the lumberyard, to pick up a load of landscape edging bricks.

The lumberyard workers, both the guys and the women, all saw me, and could hardly help noticing how I was dressed. But they were cool, and said nothing.

Among the rest of you folks, are your experiences parallel with mine? Do things go as smoothly for you, in similar situations?

I haven't had any problems, in fact recently at Lowe's, I started to appologize to the checkout lady, I said to her " Sorry, I think my high heels are scaring off some of your macho do it yourselfers ", she giggled and said " don't worry about it, your money spends just as well as theres. "

This picture is of me in Lowe's buying a chainsaw blade.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=9644

Nikki A.
07-11-2009, 06:02 PM
you got heart I'll say that. But in all honesty, the skirt is OK but the pumps are too dressy for the outfit