PDA

View Full Version : out and about in London.

Maryanne_sa
07-11-2009, 12:20 PM
It's a long time since I posted anything. In the meantime, I have emigrated to England and I must say my life as Maryanne has take a big upsurge, since being here.

First of all, I have been out and about (dressed) a great deal, lost count in fact. I have frequently caught the underground to Wimbledon to shop, and a few times to Kingston on Thames (on the overground) as well, Generally, I have passed fine (even had tea a few times in the Department store restaurant, without a blink of a eye lid. In honesty, I have had one or two looks, but very infrequent, and nothing to worry about. I have learned to go about my way with confidence, and i think that helps a lot. I have been to a beauty salon and had some waxing done. I have now grown my nails longer and have them shaped a bit, also my eyebrows are shaped now, and I have had no comments when in male attire (ie at work). In general I think we worry too much about what others notice and think. I am in an all woman office, and they either haven't noticed, and/or don't care.

I have also rediscovered the joys of wearing heels. I had stopped for a long time. Now, I am so used to them, I am out shopping etc for up to 4 Hours at a time wearing heels. ) oh yes, while i remember, I also had my make up redone at the beauty counter (Mac) at a department store in Kingston.

I have also discovered the fantastic bargains you can get at charity shops here. They sell some really quality clothes. I have bought skirts, a beautiful evening dress, and even a gorgeous nightie. Some of the clothes are brand new at a fraction of the price. You have to keep going to them to pick up the good quality stuff.

I guess I should have kept this shorter, hope it does not bore you

love,

Maryanne

RobertaM
07-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Not boring at all,, actually Longer would be great!

I so want to get to london and visit some CD clubs. I have partied a few times in SOHO zone, in drab thou,, and totally luv it. The brits are so friendly. The scene and vib is awesome.

Maryanne_sa
07-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi Roberta,

Well, I have not been into the club scene here, but I am in the process of joinging a group which arranges occasions etc, so I am looking forward to finding out more about the scene here. Dying to go to a restuarant.

Today, is my day off, so I dressed and went on the underground to Wimbledon. I wore a long floral print skirt, cream shirt and my heels. I will have to have them reheeled soon! My shoes are a patent medium blue colour, but not navy blue, and I have a matching handbag. (What Amercan's call a purse) I love my handbag. At first it was a bit difficult, getting used to having it, but once you get used to it and carrying it over your arm, or in your hand, it is fabulous for carrying keys, cell phone, make up, etc. Wonderfull not having any pockets with things in them.

I had tea in Debenham's department store, and also used the lady's. Even got a smile from a lady coming in as I was going out.

I tried on some shoes, and had a good look at the sales items, but did not buy anything.

Let me know if you come to London.

Maryanne,

Sarah_new
07-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Sounds as though you've settled in well and are enjoying life here.