PDA

View Full Version : The return of the dress ?

Courtney A Anderson
07-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Last night I was in a bar (not dressed) and most if not all the gg were wearing dresses or skirts :eek: I couldn't believe it. Has anyone else seen this or maybe there something in the water here ? I know that I prefer to were dresses and skirts over jeans any day, one can only hope this is a new trend. Any thoughts ?

Carol A
07-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Sorry not in this part of the country

iwearstockings
07-11-2009, 02:19 PM
the thing is, women have the ability to wear anything they please! A topic that is dear to all our hearts!

chrystie
07-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Anybody can wear whatever they please,not just women.August 15th.the wife and I are going to a reunion of my Marine Corp unit and since I don't own any male clothing I am
going completely enfemme.It should make for an interesting evening.My wife wants me to wear a dress that is low cut to show off my cleavage and short to show a lot of leg.
I think that having a SO that enjoys my dressing just adds to the overall enjoyment that I have.

CharleneT
07-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Depends entirely on where you go. There are lots of women who like to wear dresses when out. Otherwise you would not find them in the stores so easily. For the same reason the whole "no one wears panty hose anymore ..." is just as false, I see big old displays of them all the time. Someone is buying those up and there are just NOT that many CD's around !!

TGMarla
07-11-2009, 04:50 PM
One can only hope! And hope, they say, springs eternal.

Dresses never did go out of style with me! :battingeyelashes:

(Neither did pantyhose!)

Sissyjanet22
07-11-2009, 04:53 PM
That's a good thing. I love going to Dress Barn and buying. They will always spend plenty of time with me and bring several dresses to try on. The last time they found me a dress suit to try on, then told me to come out and show them. We all loved it. You have to wear it out of the store! Then the girls grabbed a necklace and clip on ear rings and put them on me. How fun! Lastly they remarked, a girl can always use a new purse! We laughed but I bought everything but the purse. I don't have a wig, didn't have make up on, and walked out in a really cute dress suit. Loved the experience. They have put me in a dressing room before when the place was full of people. Treated like a girl all of the way.

Lori31
07-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Last night I was in a bar (not dressed) and most if not all the gg were wearing dresses or skirts :eek: I couldn't believe it. Has anyone else seen this or maybe there something in the water here ? I know that I prefer to were dresses and skirts over jeans any day, one can only hope this is a new trend. Any thoughts ?

I have seen it! There is a local club/bar here and more than half of the women young and old are usually wearing some type of dress or skirt.

cdbethany
07-11-2009, 05:23 PM
its either dresses or playsuits(shorts jumpsuit) around my town but i wouldnt go out in a playsuit cause its a pain if you need the bathroom,same senario as leotards you have to strip.i had this problen the other day and had to walk a mile home bursting to go as no public facilities open at 2am on sun morning

bethany xxxxxx

Patty-Fay
07-11-2009, 08:52 PM
i certainly don't see it at work. Sometimes I think that eventually only tgirls will be wearing dresses.

Denise01
07-11-2009, 09:38 PM
This year it is about half and Half where i live, ladies / girls wearing dresses, skirts or slacks.

I hope to help increase that trend in a couple of weeks.

I am moving about 150 miles from where i live now, and at the Same time that I move, Denise will be coming out full time

Have been wanting to do that for such a long time and reality is now coming to light

Denise

:):):):)

Mya Summers
07-11-2009, 10:55 PM
I have seen a lot in my are as well, I have also seen woman in dresses and skirts wearing Pantyhose and it's been in the 90's here, and I always thought that woman didn't really wear nylons in the summer, maybe I'm wrong on that one :idontknow:

Joni T
07-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Not in my neck of the woods. The only girl I ever see dressed up is me. God how I hate t-shirts and jeans on a nice-looking woman. I think if my wife ever dressed up without my begging I'd die of cardiac shock.
Joni

helena.gcd
07-12-2009, 07:12 AM
summer has come to the city and there is a lot of pretty girls wearing dresses everywhere. I love them all (i also like the girls :devil:)

allisonrn06
07-12-2009, 07:46 AM
I think it all depends on the area or maybe even a particular bar. I go to one bar locally, where if I see a GG in a skirt or dress, it's very casual. Went to another bar in OH a while back, and there were a lot of GG's wearing dresses and nicer casual clothes - not what I'm used to seeing locally.

Barbara918
07-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Reminds me of a joke I heard 1 or 2 years ago --

"How can you spot the real woman in a roomful of crossdressers?"

"She's the one wearing trousers."

Amy Lynn3
07-12-2009, 08:06 AM
I want the mini skirt and pantyhose days to return..............those were the days.

PaulaJaneThomas
07-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Lots of dresses in the shops at the moment. I don't think they're all being bough by trannies.

TxKimberly
07-12-2009, 09:31 AM
I spend a great deal of time in airports, and I HAVE noticed that more women appear to be wearing dresses or at least skirts.

Marisa_M
07-12-2009, 09:41 AM
From what I know keeping an eye at the latest fashion trends dresses are returning as well as skirts. Organza and chiffon as well as silk and satin are back too.
There is also a return of the femininity. look at the shoes for example: peep toes, thin platforms, heels, wedges.

Those are very good news for all of us who love anything feminine!

Elle44
07-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi girls, first let me introduce myself, I'm new here. I'm Elle and I have been dressing since my sister dressed me preschool, and mom would put liipstick on me still at 8 years old. I'm a granny tranny and 65 years old, I have dressed infemme 80% of my life. I'll be posting picture a little later.

I love dress's, LOL I would see a GG with a dress on, that I'd like, and say to myself, "I would love to get in your dress", and we all know that means literally to wear it. Not too many dressed lady's where I live, most are in camo, I live in West Virginia, retired here 3 years ago from northern NJ.

I'm glad to be here with all you wonderful sisters, love all of you!
Hugs, Elle :love:

Rita D
07-12-2009, 09:55 AM
I've been seeing it a lot in downtown Chicago-But wondered if it had more to do with warm weather- Will let you know how things are looking in late fall!

Chrissie P
07-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Very bare shoulders and backs seem to be the Summer rage too. I was at an outdoor graduation last week and a wedding yesterday and there were lots of ladies with very bare shoulders. :daydreaming:

Rachel05
07-12-2009, 11:33 AM
I gave my daughter a lift into town last night and it was very busy and I was amazed at how many girls had fantastic looking dresses on, they were a joy to behold, so many nice outfits

occdresser
07-12-2009, 01:20 PM
I believe it has a lot to do with the warm weather, how many "people" wear dresses in the midst of winter?

TGMarla
07-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I believe it has a lot to do with the warm weather, how many "people" wear dresses in the midst of winter?
Well.....there's me. That's one......:D

cdterri
07-12-2009, 03:26 PM
I wear a dress or skirt no matter what the weather, just can't help myself

Tora
07-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Does this mean it will make it easier for us to pass, if the real ladies are not in pants? Wow.

Rachel Morley
07-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I think I've noticed it, I think it's because of the summer, and I think some younger GGs are wearing summer dresses or skirts more at the moment .... and that is just aweosme! Go take a look at the JC Penney catalog or the Dress Barn website or any mainstream fashion resource - summer dresses all over the place! I even saw a young GG, with a baby in a pram, wearing a floaty summer dress and heels (that's the GG, not the baby, in the dress and heels :D) in the supermarket a few weeks ago :eek: Fantastic! Bring it on I say! :)

Shelby
07-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Was at a bar last night and noticed a couple young ladies in dresses and skirts. One young gg was wearing a floral strapless sundress. There were 3 of us guys sitting at the bar and I swear you could all our neck muscles crack as she walked by. One guy complained of neck pain after, she was a hottie in a dress, I admired both the gg and the dress.

The night before I was a TGIFridays and a young gg was sitting on bar stool in a white short body tight dress. She was doing a Sharon Stone/Basic Instinct scene and I was the fat guy from Jurassic Park that was with Michael Douglas, you know - the guy who doesn't get the girl.

PrincessTia
07-12-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm certainly glad to be seeing this trend. It will make building my wardrobe a tad easier than it was the last time I tried a few years ago.

Tia

Linda Laman
07-12-2009, 10:55 PM
As a girl I always wear skirts and dresses. Here in Thailand one is always so impressed with just how feminine the gg's are. OK so they are generally smaller which helps but they really are more girly than their western counterparts. Even when they wear shorts or pants, they will wear a smock or minidress as a top and cute heels with matching accessories. They are a joy to behold. (I may go blind yet!)

NathalieX66
07-12-2009, 10:57 PM
agreed.

vivianann
07-13-2009, 03:04 AM
I too wear dresses and skirts year round.

Kristen-Gaye
07-13-2009, 04:45 AM
I'd like to wear dresses more often but it's hard to find ones that fit me properly. Broad shoulders with slim hips & bum I'm afraid. If it fits up top, it's too big around the bottom, if it fits around the bottom it's too tight up top!
Getting back to GGs though, I do like seeing a good figure in a nice fitting pair of jeans & heels!

countrygirl
07-13-2009, 08:10 AM
For me I too pefer dresses and skirts over jeans any day any season. I just think I look and feel more femine in a dress or skirt.

Courtney A Anderson
07-17-2009, 06:47 AM
well it seems to be a trend all over.. so gurls I think maybe it's our turn :daydreaming:

linnea
07-17-2009, 06:55 AM
I see quite a few women in dresses; I love to wear dresses myself. But I don't know if there's a strong trend toward a return to dresses and skirts. There certainly plenty of pretty ones in the shops, and somebody's got to be buying them (more than CDs).

erickka
07-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Not here either. Too many country bumpkins for the mighty dress!

Cary
07-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Reminds me of a joke I heard 1 or 2 years ago --

"How can you spot the real woman in a roomful of crossdressers?"

"She's the one wearing trousers."

:lol2:

cindyscute
07-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Dresses Skirts and Pantyhose, Bring back the feminine looking woman. :battingeyelashes:

Sarah Doepner
07-17-2009, 09:43 AM
I listened to a report on NPR the other day that suggested people in the workplace are dressing more professionally because the job market is so tight. Since there are still cuts to be made everyone wants to look professional and for women that means skirts and dresses. There are even a lot of companies that are getting rid of casual friday.

Karen Beth
07-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Welcome Elle!
I certainly do know what you mean by wanting to get into a woman's dress!
I worked near a college and every day was sheer torture; dozen's of pretty young girls who's dresses I would have killed to wear!