PDA

View Full Version : Question for local ladies

DenverMichelle
07-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Never been to a bar dressed but really want to go. Far to nervous about going alone. What's it like to walk in alone?

Jennifer in CO
07-11-2009, 05:10 PM
you go out drinkin naked?!!!

oh....you mean correctly dressed....

so do it in a fem pair of pants, androg top and shoes first time.... see if anyone notices you...bet not...

Jenn

Ricki S.
07-11-2009, 05:50 PM
First time I went to BJ's in Denver, it was terrifying. After the first time, it's just traumatic.... wouldn't have missed it for the world! If that's where you're going, dress to the nines...

sherryleigh
07-11-2009, 07:03 PM
I hear you Michelle and understand! I wish to do the same as you. I'm getting tired of hiding and want to experiance new things. It may be happening soon, at least I hope, because it's something I feel i need to do if for no otherreason than to prove something to myself. If that makes any sense, not sure it makes sense to me but that's were my head is at this moment.

jenna_woods
07-11-2009, 07:50 PM
I have done it a few times and had no problems at all. but do try and not over dress hun, try and fit in and no one will even notice.

Stephanie Miller
07-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi Michelle. Pretty scary thought going out alone and all isn't it? Here's a thought... don't do it. Go with someone that's in "your court". Just a quick glance in the ol' web shows there is the Gender Identity Center of Colorado
that has a Tri Ess meeting on Fridays. Go there and meet some like minded people to go out with you. And have fun your first time - not just a bundle of nerves.

http://www.gicofcolo.org/support/meeting-schedules.aspx

MissConstrued
07-12-2009, 01:50 AM
Never been to a bar dressed but really want to go. Far to nervous about going alone. What's it like to walk in alone?

Mobs of screaming fans accost me, begging my autograph. Women throw roses and lacy underwear at me; and I never have to buy a drink. The local celebrities invite me to all the best cocktail parties. Mayor Hick gave me the key to the city.

But that's in Lakewood. Your mileage may vary. :D

msginaadoll
07-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Well my question for you is what type of bar. If it is a gay/lesbian oriented bar you will probably get a different reaction than if it is a blue collar sports bar. I went to a party for people i have talked to in yahoo( gay/bi oriented) It was held in a local bowling alley bar. I thought I would die when I went in. I dressed casual, black slacks, turtleneck, etc. Lucky for me it was fairly empty and didnt get any looks. A lot of it had to do how I was dressed im sure. Now if I walked through the same place in my leather mini, prob a different story.

AKAMichelle
07-12-2009, 02:03 PM

I found the Tri-Ess group here in Denver. Datti helped me a great deal with getting over my fears. After awhile, I would go everywhere alone. I have gone to movies, out to eat, shopping. I never went to a bar.

Two reasons:
1) Some drunks are not good to be around while dressed.
2) I don't go to bars as a male either.

Find another crossdresser and just go out.

The Gender Identity Center has a meeting on the first Friday of each month for crossdressers. They have about 10-15 each month. If you go to the meeting, they usually go out to eat afterwards. You should be able to meet someone who would be interested in going just about anywhere with you.

On Saturady July 18th the Tri-Ess group is getting together at Bear Lake near Golden. There should be about 10-15 crossdressers with SO's there. If you are interested in finding out more about the Tri-Ess meeting then just let me know. The Tri-Ess group in Denver has about 70 members. Not every crossdresser belongs, but it helps a lot of crossdressers.

DenverMichelle
07-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Very interesting thoughts and ideas here. May have to try and attend a meeting soon. The 18th is out as I already have plans for that day and evening.