PDA

View Full Version : Busted

Teri Jean
07-12-2009, 06:24 AM
:heehee: Yesterday I spent the day in uniform, marching in a parade and followed it with a funeral for a old vet, but the evening I was part of a crew that did the steak fry for the Legion Post and that was the point of being busted. I was sitting at the bar having a cocktail and talking with the guys and gals when one of the waitresses jumped up and came over next to me and asked in a more than a quiet voice, "did you get a manicure?". Well it gets real interesting from that point on.

I said yes and I love them. I explained I hated the broken short nails that split and cracked so I got them done with a gel coat at a local spa in town. She and her mother are so fun so then her mother said do you want some nail polish her color? It was pink with silver glitter, and I explained I like a deep red/wine color because it stands out better. LOL. The bar was in a uproar and the girls were having so much fun checking them out, I think more to see if they could detect any residual color from the last coloring. Of course then the question was do I color my toe nails of which I said yes but use black for them.:o

The night was a success and I got a lot of looks from the girls but I kept the head hi and presented myself as always. If you have any experiences that put you in the spotlight that gave a hint of your femme side jot it down.

Keli:hugs::love:

morgan51
07-12-2009, 07:45 AM
I was at my class reunion last week and one of the gals that helped organize the event came up to me and my wife and said your french nails are better than mine! They were too! I got a smile from my wife. Over all it was a good evening and I enjoyed seeing everyone. My acrylic toes showed too! Pink/White

Amy Lynn3
07-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Yes, I even start the conversation about my nails being done with gg's. I have even gotten one gg friend to go the the same salon I do for her peds and man's.

TxKimberly
07-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Very cool!

Gabrielle Hermosa
07-12-2009, 09:45 AM
That's a rather positive "busted" story. EXACTLY the kind I enjoy reading about! :)

I'm glad you received such some good and positive attention on the subject. That's mighty coo!

I've always wondered how I'd react if something came up while I was in drab that might out me. I'm very curious to find out, but not with everyone. There are people I need to keep this a secret from, mainly in order to remain employed.

I hope that when the time comes, my unplanned outing myself will be as well received by people. Great story, Keli. :)

leia
07-12-2009, 10:49 AM
I had a guy say something about the color of my french tips (red tips) being a smart A**. My answer was " they look good dont they and walked off. Ever week my nails and toe nails are a diffrent color. I never wear any thing but girl sandles and he is the first and only person that has said any thing. To my face any way.

leia
07-12-2009, 11:02 AM
It isnt the clothes that make me feel like a woman (I have wore girl jeans,shorts slacks,and sandles since 73 I dont own any men 's) But the iner girl feelings. I feel when I have to put on a guy shirt I am cross dressing. at my age will I ever have srs probably not Like another sister here said "If we would of had internet when I was 18 to 25 I would be a woman now". I had just started to transition and found out I have 3 spots on my lungs. so now do I be the girl I have always been and not get medical treatment from the VA or stay like I am and get treated. Im not sure yet.

Teri Jean
07-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Thank you all for the kind words. It is quite amazing they didn't notice before as I've had them done a couple months ago and it took them this long to make the observation. The thing is it was the youngest to notice.

Keli

CD Susan
07-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Congratulations to you Keli for having the courage to tell them what you did. It makes much more sense than trying to cover things up and be untruthful. You are making a lot of progress in coming out to others and I applaud you for this.

sissystephanie
07-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Keli, first let me thank you for your service to our country!! I am a Korean vet myself and appreciate anybody who served our country at any time.

My late wife got me started on manicures years ago because I had problems with splitting nails. Then I went on to getting pedicures, again with her O.K.

I frequently get comments from friends or total strangers, both men and women, as to how nice my manicure looks. Frequently from waitresses, some of whom have even picked up my hand to look more closely!!:D Same for my toes when I am wearing sandals. My toes are always a bright color, usually a red shade. My fingers, because I sell insurance to older people who aren't used to seeing a man wearing nail polish, are usually a pale pink. But they are a little longer than normal and rounded like a ladies. Some of the ladies at my Church have told me they are jealous!!

KeyKcm
07-12-2009, 08:16 PM
wow sounds like fun i wish i could have that kinda fun

Trycia
07-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Sounds great!

Teri Jean
07-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Stephanie, I to want to thank you for your service and thankyou for your kind words.

Teri

Sissyjanet22
07-13-2009, 02:23 PM
It's always the girls that notice the fem things first.