PDA

View Full Version : can u help me??????

tightsuk1969
07-26-2004, 01:38 AM
hello girls

could u help with a bit of advise, haveing read many of the threads on here about going out dressed up, i have never been able to do it, i have been i a cd since i was 10 the most i have ever done is basque ,tights on under my male clothes.

the main probs is that where i live people would beat the hell out of me and my family, plus i dont look very convincing as a woman. one thing i do like is to wear nail polish but again i am scared of wot could happen, i have worn clear varnish but would love to wear a colour, we have tried to mix colours around (just to give that hint of colour) but i feel people are stareing at me witch puts me of.

i feel like i am allways going to be a indoors cd :(

thanks for reading this

love neil :)

Shy Charlotte
07-26-2004, 01:57 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that you live in such a repressive place. Actually, come to think about it, I think most of us live in repressive places, with perhaps the exception of West Hollywood and the Castro District in San Francisco.

Depending on your situation, you can always start out with baby steps. Take a car ride, it's fun and exciting when you first start out.

Load up the car with your fem clothes, whatever makeup, nail polish (varnish), etc. that you need. Also make sure to bring baby oil or a similar quick acting makeup remover, some acetone or nail varnish remover, etc. If you're in a situation where you can leave the house dressed, make sure to bring male clothes just in case. If not, go to the car with a bag full of your special supplies. Then just go for a ride. If you can't leave dressed, find somewhere where you won't be disturbed to do it (helps to have a larger car with tinted windows, but beggars can't be choosers). To save time you can have alot of your fem clothes on under your drab clothes. Then go for that night ride

(Rachel has a wonderful thread on her adventures). Start going somewhere secluded (but fairly safe), then head home. Give yourself realistic goals at first (clock 20 km on the odometer, go to Aunt Nancy's place and back), then as you get more comfortable try going somewhere a little more busy, but where you won't be recognized. Eventually make a goal of "get petrol, pay cash to the cashier in drag, leave". As far as nail varnish goes, the common nail polish removers work excellent, especially if you're removing it soon after applying it. Either way, if you have the desire, just find a way to do it.

Easier said than done. Remember, baby steps. If it's more comfortable, start out on a drive with fem undergarments and nailpolish, and the rest in drag, or maybe in drag from the waist down. Second, remember to have something handy (pepper spray, tire iron, medieval battle axe) at hand in case the natives get restless.

Make sure you also let us how it goes. I'd love to hear your progress.

Jenny
07-26-2004, 09:27 AM
You have given absolutely excellent advice, Charlotte. The way to do this is to start with small steps. If you are not already doing so, I would suggest starting to wear girl's undies -- panties and sports bras are not detectable -- under your regular clothes. As you get used to that, you can move up to wearing girl's versions of unisex clothes like jeans, shorts, tee-tops. Then when you are comfortable with that you can move into more and more dressing just like Charlotte suggests.

One of the most difficult things to overcome is the fear that everyone is watching you. Unless you dress in a bizarre way, most people are not going to pay any attention to you. Look around at the women in the mall sometime. People of both sexes come in an amazing array of shapes and sizes and looks and styles. If you dress relatively normal for your community and age group, no one is going to bother you. They are all going to be looking at the kid with the purple spike hair and piercings and tattoos all over whose pants are about the fall off!!! :eek:

Good luck to you in your new adventures. Keep us posted. :)

Jennifer_Ph
07-26-2004, 11:08 AM
It's ok, Neil. When you are dressed there is no spotlight that comes on from the sky and points you out to the world. The news crews don't stop what they are doing and stick cameras in your face. People don't beat you up. My experience is that as long as you are willing to talk about it, people think it's fun. So have fun with it.

As the others said, baby steps are important. I first started wearing pantyhose and shorts publicly. Man I thouht the world was going to end. I was sure I was going to be the laughing stock of Michigan. Nobody noticed. Nobody cared. So I started dressing more and more, getting more used to it. The biggest boost of confidence I ever had was having a professional makeover done. I didn't even recognize myself when it was done. I then went to a party with other CD's. It was the greatest.

Take a look on the web for a CD transformation store near you. Unfortunately the closest one to me is about an hour and a half away. But it's really worth it. Some offer video service so you can go home and learn to do your own makeup. I did that too. It is worth the money. Get in touch with a store in your area and find out when they are having an event - it's the greatest place in the world to step out of the closet. There is strength in numbers! Good luck!

MistyCD
07-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Hey it's the 35 anniv of the 1st moon walk and I couldn't pass it up.

The title says it all, one small step. Wear a pair of panties or pantyhose under your long pants and go out for a walk to the store or a ride in the car. Nobody will notice, and more importantly, nobody will care. The only one who will notice is you, and you will gain the confidence to do it again.
Then try a pair of shoes, like sandals. Black is a good color. start out with a low heel or none at all.
When I first started out I had on ladies thong sandals and I thought some cop would come over and lock me up for wearing them in public. I would go and take a train ride in my sandals, nobody cared. I am now wearing short pants, pantyhose and heels in public. I have gone to womens clothing stores dressed like that and tried outfits on in the store. Sometimes I will go to cosmetics store and ask for assistance.

MistyCD
07-27-2004, 01:15 PM
I wear a pair of Dr. Scholls exercise sandals outside, in navy blue and tan.My wife knows about these.. I told her a doctor at work (from europe) told me to wear them. and I do get some stares, but I don't let it bother me. One time I saw a police officer and asked him, if it was illegal for a man to wear black fishnet stockings and high heels in public. He said as long as nothing obscene (you know what I am talking about) is being seen, then it's a matter of personal preference. You cannot get arrested for it.

Just don't go into a womens toilet as they can get you for that !!!