PDA

View Full Version : Has this forum helped you as 'Person'?

Clare
07-12-2005, 09:20 AM
My two months membership anniversary is due in a couple of days.

In that time, I feel as though i have grown as a person and a XDR immensley. It has been such a relief to communicate with like minded people and share the joys and frustrations of our 'hidden' lives.

The ability to express long held repressed feelings or offer support and encouragment to others in the forum has had a profound effect on me.

I know i've had my own little dramas in the background (sorry) but this forum has kept me going through tough personal times just out of sheer interest!

Thank you to everyone for taking me into your 'family' and i hope i will be here for the long term.

Christine (with tears in eyes...........)

Stephenie
07-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Yes this forum has done many things for me, not the least of which is to get me to question many believes I had about people with different lifestyles than I have.

I feel that i have grown quite a bit in many areas and that I have matured more in the last few months then in the last few decades. I also feel that I am becoming better able to be a friend to others then before.

I hope that all of you would like me to be a friend of yours. You all have become very special to me. Love and Hugs

JoAnnDallas
07-12-2005, 10:43 AM
I really wish we had computers, internet, and forms like this when I was in my teens to fourties. Having been here on this form for about a month or so now, has helped me in many many ways. Freindship and support from all of you and certain cicumstance, has allowed JoAnn to blossom. If this was 20 yrs ago, it is no telling how far I would be today. The newer generation will defintly have it easier than us baby boomers.

Jonien
07-12-2005, 11:03 AM
In the very short time I have been here I have tranformed from a sad person ho liked to be a little bit femining being any thing more had been drumed out by my perents years back, but I found a lot of words in this site that made so much sence to me, I started to quesion my own feelings and let the forced macho side go away, and now find that I'm not a little bit femining, I am girl just that I have a m..'. body.
yes I have changed and lernt a great deal.
But my bigest thanks must go to Amanda although you may not know it but you have the uncanni way of expressing how I feel and that has been more
help and comfort than you can imagine Thanks and love to you all :love:

I may not respond to a lot of the threads here as so meany times I try but the tears start and I have to stop so when I do respond I may at times apear a bit light harted, But I do read each and every one and quite often make me smile and I thank you again.
But most of all this Forum has givern me a Life
L love
I is
F for
E ever

:hugs: and :kissing:

Jasmine Marrie
07-12-2005, 11:52 AM
this is the gratest fourm for cds/tv/gg wheare we can all share our fellings amoungst us i love this site and whis you all good luck

LuvPink
07-12-2005, 12:28 PM
I am relatively new here, so it's early days, but what I have seen, read and contributed to so far has been wonderful and I am looking forward to all this forum has to offer. I have wanted something like this for years, so thanks to whoever started it.

At the moment it's great to have connected to 'cyber' girls, but I would so love to meet up with some of you some time.

lol :)

Deelite
07-12-2005, 12:38 PM
In the few months i have been here, my confidence has gone through the roof!

I have been always a shy person, allways will, but my GF has noticed a real difference in me!

And i can only thank the wonderful girls here on this forum!

Luv Dee.

sara_also
07-12-2005, 12:50 PM
The first thing in the morning and the last thing at night almost every day.
This forum has been very well monitored and maintained for as long as I have been on it. Hats off to all who have done such a wonderful job.
I have learned quite a few things and am still learning every day. Whenever I have wanted to know about something, this forum will let me know. When I want to find anything, this forum will help me find it.
I have found none better. Hugs to all........
Sara

Paula Rae
07-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Hey Ladies,

This Forum (You Ladies) is the best thing thats happened to me in the last 22 years, and believe me I've had a lot of good things happen.

Life was good to me before, but it's better now.

Thank you for being my friends.

Ricki B

Angela Burke
07-12-2005, 01:12 PM
it's great to know there other girls like me out there.

i love the banter, the humour, the put downs, the way sisters try to help each other.

it's good.

love angela xx

Khriss
07-12-2005, 01:33 PM
two words - Thank's Sisters !!! ,, oh two more ( Luv - Yah !!)

Jenny Beth
07-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Most definitely! While I am so fortunate to have a supportive SO it doesn't end there. There is something here for everyone and it's great to be part of it.

Rachel_740
07-12-2005, 02:09 PM
This forum (or should I say the girls here) have given me the confidence to do what I've wanted all my adult life, but not known where to start or how to do it.

That is transition :) :D :thumbsup: :love:

Thanks to all of you. I'm forever in your debt.

Anne

Adele
07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Before I joined I used to read the forums quite often. It certainaly was sooooooo helpful to me, and even though I went and saw a councellor, I feel the 'gossip' here has be far more beneficial.

So THANK YOU to all you gorgeous girls out there.

Adele xxxxx. :)

Deborah
07-12-2005, 02:28 PM
If it wasn't for this forum i would still be ignoring what i really am. I've gone for a long time on several occasion suppressing it.
With this forum i can talk about and discuss things that bother me. I can express my girly side without getting laughed at by people. Its great at times.

On the other hand. Being that i accept myself as a TS, this is a constant reminder that i don't quite yet have the body i desire. Which in turn upsets me.

Catch-22 i suppose.

Natalie x
07-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Before I came here ...

I was alone, now I have a thousand sisters
I was an oddity, now I know I am blessed
I was confused, now I am sure
I was repressed, now I am released
I was acting a part, now I am LIVING

Thanks to everyone responsible for this forum and to all you beautiful sisters

:love:

Aloha_Dana
07-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Christine, This forum is a nice place w/great threads, the kooks get weeded out fairly rapidly and the girls and ladies are the best. I find one of the unique aspects of this forum is that regardless of your personal motives or ID (CD, TG, TV, sexual or not, etc.) the girls here don't throw stones at each other. It is rare indeed. But in the case when hackles do get raised, the threads are continued in appropriate places, then more heart-felt support is expressed, or the debate begins. Cudos to the girls and moderators who keep it that way. I'm happy for you!

Aloha,
Dana

Tristen Cox
07-12-2005, 04:46 PM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8826

Wendy me
07-12-2005, 06:52 PM
thanks tristen i forgot abought that one...

...Crossdresser Questionaire Part Two

What did you hope to get out of this forum when you first joined?

a. well i did not realy know what to expect a long time crossdresser that was new to coumpters and the inter net....to have found this place was just mind blowing ....wow people like are realy out there....see.....http://www.crossdressers.com/forums...read.php?t=6295

- Has the forum provided that for you?

2. yes it has shown me that there are people like me out there and made me know that we are "normal".....

Have your needs and expectations of this forum changed since you joined?

3. yes thay have from being to myslefe to wanting to be the person that is in me now i am learning just how mutch that i need /want...to let all of Wendy out for all to know ...but also know that small steps are the right way to go....

Do you expect the forum to continue to meet them?

4. yes as long as we all together work to keep this place together mods. adim. and all the members....we can grow if we loose the all for me thinking and stop and think what's the best for the whole forum to keep our family together .....together yes i think so...

- What is one thing this forum has provided that you weren't expecting when you first joined?

5. feelings i was a cold uncareing person before joining this place curse you and bless you all for that ....as mutch trouble as it has caused me learning to deal with them it has made me a better person......

Wanna make out?

6. well i am not that type of a girl on the frist date......

Questions for those who've been here for a "long" time

am i a long time er???? 9 mounths????? now 11 months

How has the forum changed for you since it was conceived over a year ago?

7. ok as we grow it seams we need a lot more modaration .. (witch has been done well)we useto just do what do what is right now a little out of controll...
as things change we change some for the better and some for the......

What ever happened to many of the girls who used to post here?

8.some have left because of problems at home, some have been baned....and some just stopped comming here because of things that have upset them....
and i miss them all ... it's not the forum that makes this a home to us ....but rather it is us all that make a home out of this forum.......

Seriously, wanna make out?

9. are we on the second date already???? talk abought pressure..........

And Sigrid Yes you do have to answer!

Tristen Cox
07-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Erm Wendy, you've been here eleven months now though :p

Wendy me
07-12-2005, 06:57 PM
wow time flys .....up dated thanks......

MelissaAndProudOfIt
07-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Got to be careful here, should i write....Mmmmmm well why not! others have...

Has this Forum helped me.... er not really!!! Has it confirmed what I already knew er nope. Have i learned anything here... well er yes i have learned one thing.. thats to be careful with you're views. you never know who could be reading any entry you make. I was bought up on honesty and being a caring individual, who likes to be supportive. All i hope is that people who read any entries i make... realise that these qualities are 100%

Just be very careful how you write and respect peoples feelings. This is a forum and not the reality of the world in here. If you have views and they are quite strong, then for a quiet life.. it's better not to voice them here.. unless it's something considered to be reasonably positive.. so as not to hurt a person (recipient) in any possible way!

Regards

Melissa

emmicd
07-12-2005, 10:13 PM
This forum has provided me with a sense of expression that I could not have tapped into in mainstream society.

I can't talk to my buddies or my wife for that matter about a pretty dress I bought the other day at the mall or how I feel when I put on a sexy one piece swimsuit in my favorite color pink or what type of femme outfits I like to wear!

But hear not only can I tell you the kinds of dresses I like to wear but I can ask you girls what kind of dresses you all like to wear as well without getting laughed at or ridiculed.

I also like that the forum is open to everyone who is respectful of our issues and concerns.

I was happy to provide my story about crossdressing to the woman writer who indicated she was writing a story and wished to get perspective of what its like to be a crossdresser.

I opened up because a part of me, my femme side really needs to talk about the little girl from within. I am very shy as a person and my crossdressing makes it even harder for me. The irony though is despite the fact that I am very shy I still am bold enough to go out slightly dressed in a feminine way and buy really feminine clothes without hesitation.

I also feel good when I can draw from my experiences as a crossdresser and create threads that you girls read and can possibly relate to and it makes me feel good to see responses and also I like the forum because the girls here really seem to care and we all have that common thread that we can all relate to though it may be in varying degrees!

I also try to provide sound advice when I read threads that are written by girls who open up about their situation. I too have shared my personal issues and concerns and have been the recipient of really good advice and warm support and love from all you girls!

I really appreciate that and will try to share my feelings as best I can!

I try my best to be the best husband, father, son, brother, employee, friend and all around person I can be! I find that this forum also has helped me in developing as a person. I'm not ashamed anymore to express both my feminine side or masculine side anymore.

Even though I've only been here for a month it seems like a lifetime!

Thank you girls!

Emmi

FionaAlexis
07-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Congratulations Christine on achieving two months.

I think forums like this provide an outlet for your femme self and a sense of community and that is very positive. I am a member of a number of tg forums and I have been contributing for a few years now. My activity level pretty much depends on my mood and what else is going on in my life at the time. This is a very active and positive forum which is good.

Certainly when I first discovered tg forums - it made a big difference to me however it's a temporary sense of belonging and well being. Tg communities like any other comprise people with differing 'needs' - most pretty benevolent to others but some less so. Some are prepared to be quite open in discussions and some are happy to exchange their true thoughts and experiences - and I've learned a lot from them. So in that sense I now understand how complex being transgendered is - even more than I could ever have thought possible.

However, I am very well over the stage of feeling all warm and fuzzy about any TG forum. I've seen too many instances where things turn sour.

Fiona xx

Elysia
07-12-2005, 11:24 PM
It has given me a stronger feeling of acceptance. I’m fortunate to have a wife who knows and accepts my cross-dressing but it is still nice to talk with other cross-dressers; to communicate with other’s who have an understanding of both the desire to cross-dress and the problems associated with having that desire. This is a wonderful gift, provided through this sight.

I am, however, careful not to delude myself. By coming together through the internet we can create a place in which the desire to cross-dress feels like a relatively common thing. That’s a great feeling but it is an illusion. We are a tiny minority. We are not likely to find general acceptance any time in the near future and will only gain general acceptance if the societies we live in truly value diversity and come to respect divergent forms of self expression. I don’t see a trend in that direction.

When I first found this site its effect was to push me towards more openness and greater risk taking. For example, I started wearing panties to work (under my male exterior clothes), which is something I’d not done before. It’s a very slight risk but still a risk. I think I was thinking well, this is who I am and if a get caught it will just force me to come out, which could be nice. But I’ve come to realize that it wouldn’t be nice, it would be a problem and it’s really not something I want to deal with.

I haven’t been around that long but I’ve seen this progression play itself out in others who’ve come to this site, building confidence and steadily increasing risk taking. In some cases it has lead to new levels of acceptance, people have come out to their spouses or parents and been pleasantly surprised by the acceptance they’ve found. In others it has lead to very difficult and unpleasant situations when they’ve discovered that people they had hoped would be accepting or even encouraging were not.

I love this site and intend to continue to enjoy it but I caution people not to let the profound feeling of acceptance you experience here lead you to take foolish risks. Do not hope to find a real world full of acceptance. Come out carefully, thoughtfully and deliberately to those people who are important to you and who you feel you can trust. Do not just increase you’re risk taking and hope that if you are discovered you will also magically discover that everyone thinks cross-dressing is no big deal.

Ibuki_Warpetal
07-12-2005, 11:32 PM
I just make words and look at the pretty colors. (:

Melissa A.
07-12-2005, 11:36 PM
I have been here one month longer than Wendy, and have 7,529 less posts. I would listen to the girl. She always knows of what she speaks.

Welcome to all. I hope you all get at least a fraction of what I have out of this place. Thank you especially to all the moderators, new and long standing. Your time and effort are so appreciated.

Oh, shoot. The question. Yup. more than you'll ever know. This is a treasure. Wish I could be here more often.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

ChristineRenee
07-13-2005, 06:08 AM
It has helped me a lot. JoAnn's post echoed many of my sentiments being a baby boomer as well. Many of us were in what I like to describe as "The Wilderness" for many, many years. Wondering why we were like we were...who we really were. Fearing discovery...no one to talk to about it...no support system of any kind whatsoever. To go from that to today with the internet, support groups, and sites particularly like this one, not only is a God-send to us long-time CD's, but will greatly benefit those of the younger generation and make it easier for them to not have to go through what we went through and, most importantly, carry all that emotional baggage around with them too.

Before this site, I had never met or interacted (knowingly anyway) with another CD or transgendered person. Because of this site, I have become a part of a wonderful sisterhood...never could have imagined that before...and I have made many, many friends here...both CD's and GG's...some that have blosommed into very, very close personal friendships that I believe are going to last a lifetime. Something else that I never would have thought was possible.

So yes...this site has helped me tremendously. I will be forever grateful and thankful for it's existence. I am working still to get my wife to join and be a member of the GG forum. This forum could help her so very much to better understand us...and herself. It has been a life changing experience for me and I know it would be for her too.

Many thanks...and huge Chrissie Bear hugs...to all of you dear sisters who make this site the wonderful place that it is.:hugs: