PDA

View Full Version : Don't you love it when.....

TGMarla
07-12-2009, 02:16 PM
.....you get your makeup just right and your lipstick is perfect in one try? :D

Deborah Jane
07-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Yup, it's a great feeling Marla :)

Gabrielle Hermosa
07-12-2009, 02:20 PM
I'd like to say yes... but that has yet to happen for me. :(

I make several goofs along the way and sometimes end up with what amounts to a terrible makeup job - everything seemed right until looking at it all in the end, I can still see Gabe's man-face peaking through or just end up looking like a guy in makeup. :doh: It takes a LOT of makeup to transform my man-face into Gabrielle's gentle, feminine face.

I envy those who can get their makeup done just right the first time... or at least get it right every time. It really doesn't come easy for me, and I have much to learn. Oh well. I guess we all have our goals, right? :)

Persephone
07-12-2009, 02:33 PM
If you've ever had that feeling, it must be wonderful!

I don't imagine that any woman, except maybe Eva Langoria when she's just had her makeup done by a pro, ever feels that way. There's always some subtle item - a bit more eyeliner or mascara on one eye than on the other -- until you finally run out of time.

My nemesis is my hair. I can get my makeup to pretty much where I want it, but can never get my hair to where it looks "just right" to me. It looks great when my stylist does it, she'll tell me what to do at home, and it just doesn't perfectly come together. It ends up "good enough," and, in reality, it probably is just as good as any other woman's hair.

(Except I can never get my bangs to stay in place on a windy day).

I often wonder if some of it is lack of effort or lack of experience. Little girls learned to take care of their hair early on, for most of them it was part and parcel of growing up as a girl. Most of us never got that grounding in the importance of hair styling nor lessons in how to do it.

I'm sure many a teen girl has spent hours and hours practicing with her hair and her makeup, studying techniques. How many of us have?

Barbaraheels
07-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Usually my lipstick is the last thing I put on. I usually mess up something before that liek eyeliner, so I never care if I get my lipstick right on the first try.But I do definataly know what you mean

CharlotteW
07-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Absolutely! My favourites were my first attempt and last nights attempt. That's a 10% (approx) success rate so far.

Teri Jean
07-12-2009, 04:09 PM
I would have to say yes, it's the last thing to do after the wig and dress. hmmmmm the finishing touches are so important.
Huggs Keli

Jan W
07-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes!

PaulaJaneThomas
07-12-2009, 04:30 PM
I long ago stopped attempting perfection and settled for good enough.

geri-tg.
07-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Yes the best part of being a crossdeesser the change is great.:o

Jessica Who
07-12-2009, 04:47 PM
<kool-aid>OH YEAH! </kool-aid>

That is the best and it's even sweeter when it doesn't take 10 hours to do it ;) lol

SusanMarie
07-12-2009, 04:50 PM
You mean that can actually happen?

trannie T
07-12-2009, 04:56 PM
One of my fantasies is getting my makeup right. Maybe not on the first try or the second but sometime on the same day I started. Like most fantasies it is very unlikely to be achieved.

TGMarla
07-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Well girlies, I appreciate all that, but I was really hoping for more "Love it when" experiences, like:

...when your seams are straight

...when that dress fits just right

...when your perfume wafts delicately across your nose

...when the lace at the bottom of your slip peeks out from under your dress

You get the idea.

:D

vivianann
07-13-2009, 03:07 AM
I love it when the breeze blows my dress up a little bit.

I love it when I look in the mirror and see the image of a woman.

I love the freedom I feel when wearing a dress.

I love summer dresses on a hot day.

I love how hose make my legs feel good, and look.

Samantha Girl
07-13-2009, 03:18 AM
I always have to wipe away a spot I went overboard on or smudged, and I'm an artist! :p I'm about to put on makeup right now! :D

Persephone I agree totally, always feel that way about my hair! :hugs: It's almost never as perfect as I want! Oh well! :heehee:

Kristen-Gaye
07-13-2009, 04:21 AM
Yes it is a good feeling but all so rare for me I'm afraid! Practice makes perfect though!

MissConstrued
07-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I love it... when a plan comes together.

Persephone
07-13-2009, 01:54 PM
I love it

When everything goes right and I feel good about myself,

When they're out of size 6 capris in the style I want and a size 4 fits! (just happened!),

When my guy friend calls and asks me out to lunch,

When I can spend the day hearing nothing but "Ma'm" and being totally accepted,

When my spouse and I get to shop and enjoy a day together.

Angie G
07-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Oh that's the greatest Marla.:hugs:
Angie