PDA

View Full Version : Vicarious Dressing, Does it Help?

Sarasometimes
07-12-2009, 03:50 PM
For those of us who can't always dress when we want to does seeing women dressed up or getting make up done help fill the void or does it make it worse?
In the summer, I have few opportunities to dress so I take advantage of the few I have and underdress at any opportunity that arises but still need more. I find that sometimes seeing women dressed up or a TV show about fashion sometimes helps and sometimes it makes the need greater. How do others feel about this? I sometimes meet the need by you tubing makeup vids but sometimes when i do that i end up wanting more than before the video.
The other part of this is I wont know which will happen until after i watch them. Thoughts?

Jessica Who
07-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Sometimes it's inspiring and exciting to see what other females are wearing but the rest of the time it's not good for me.

If I haven't dressed in a while then it can be very nerve wracking for me, because it brings up ugly emotions that I don't like to experience. :eek:

Teri Jean
07-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Dressing is so fun and sometimes when you can for someone special it is so nice to hear great look.

Keli

Sarah Doepner
07-12-2009, 05:49 PM
The only thing that satisfies the urge to dress is to dress. All the vicarious options only point out that it's not me doing what I would really prefer to be doing. The videos or articles just give me ideas that I want to try.

These are the times when it's a curse rather than a blessing I guess.s

Joni Marie Cruz
07-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Sometimes it's inspiring and exciting to see what other females are wearing but the rest of the time it's not good for me.

If I haven't dressed in a while then it can be very nerve wracking for me, because it brings up ugly emotions that I don't like to experience. :eek:

Hug you, Jessica. Don't let it happen, girl!

Hug and a kiss...Joni Mari

Kaz
07-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi Sara, I take little opportunities and no they don't fill the void, but they help. I got 30 minutes today and put on a summer skirt and sleeveless top - no make-up - but it FELT great!

The other thing I do more and more is internalise this stuff. The GGs will all say that they are not always dressing up and my wife prefers jeans and teeshirts to skirts etc... I can be in male mode and still be Kaz on the inside...

and yes I browse online stores, look at other women (I do this all the time anyway!! Great way to learn - movement, dress sense, little things). I also play a game of trying to spot the CD - in other words, could any of these women be men? You then realise how different everyone is in looks, body shape, facial features, etc... Gives me more confidence in my own appearance when dressed.

But as has been said... nothing replaces the real thing!

Kaz xx :hugs:

serinalynn
07-12-2009, 06:04 PM
For those of us who can't always dress when we want to does seeing women dressed up or getting make up done help fill the void or does it make it worse. Thoughts?

I like wearing plunge bras and have enough natural boob to be able to create some good cleavage. I love seeing a younger woman wearing plunge or demi underwire bra that can package her girls in a cleavage enhancing style, and wearing a tank top or a low V neck top. I know I can do the same thing.
:daydreaming: :heehee:

Tasha McIntyre
07-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Definately increases the urge.

Tash :)

Kathi Lake
07-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I can't always dress due to my kids being home for the Summer, but hearing stories (and yes, seeing pictures :)) from those that do get to really does help me out. I know that at least one of us is out there having fun and spreading the joy! I also hope that my adventures help others. That's one reason why I describe everything in minute, excrutiating detail. :)

Kathi

TGMarla
07-12-2009, 07:58 PM
does seeing women dressed up or getting make up done help fill the void or does it make it worse?

Y'know....it does a little of both. After all these years of crossdressing, it still just blows me away that women can wear such wonderful clothing in public, and that it garners such approval; yet men are socially prohibited from doing the same. I love it when women wear lovely feminine clothing, and I envy them for doing so at the same time. I greatly appreciate a well-dressed woman (it just enriches the world), and at the same time, I want to be the one wearing the pretty clothes.

Sarasometimes
07-12-2009, 09:37 PM
I can't always dress due to my kids being home for the Summer, but hearing stories (and yes, seeing pictures :)) from those that do get to really does help me out. I know that at least one of us is out there having fun and spreading the joy! I also hope that my adventures help others. That's one reason why I describe everything in minute, excrutiating detail. :)

Kathi

I too do get satisfaction hearing about other TG's experiences and they are comforting unlike the feeling I sometimes get from seeing GG doing it. Thanks so much for all those excrutiating details that I have so often enjoyed reading! It is those details that help the reader feel as you did. I too have the kids home for summer glitch. I love them dearly, but do miss dressing none the less.