PDA

View Full Version : Another Step Closer

pamela_a
07-13-2009, 02:17 PM
I saw my therapist again this morning. Toward the end of our session I asked her if I could get a referral to start HRT...and she said YES!!!! She said she would send over a referral for the doctor in their clinic and it would be 6-8 weeks out. When I mentioned I was with a different clinic group for my primary care she knew the Dr. in that group and said if I wanted to I could see her or I could see both and decide who I preferred.

When I called to make the appointment with the doctor in my primary group I was told her first available appt was the second week of Sep. :( . Then she said they just had a nurse practitioner start who is working with TS patients and would I be interested in seeing her. Since her first opening was next week I took it. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll be able to start HRT.

Needless to say I'm one very happy and excited girl right now and my mascara is all smudged from crying. It kinda makes me wonder what I'll be like next week if everything goes ok.

-Pam-

Sandra
07-13-2009, 02:22 PM
*Hands Pamala a box of tissues to wipe the mascara off*

That is good news hun, I hope it all works out for you, and as for next week take plenty of tissues with you. :)

:hugs:

Sheila
07-13-2009, 02:42 PM
great news Pamela :) for you

kerrianna
07-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Congrats Pam! :thumbsup:

I hope you get to start HRT sooner rather than later, but it's great to know you ARE going to get on it! :yahoo:

Sharon
07-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Very cool, Pamela -- congratulations! :hugs:

CharleneT
07-13-2009, 09:19 PM
{sung to the tune of that old chesnut, "hey hey good lookin"

hey hey good lookin'
watcha got cook'n
down at the local pharmacy ? !!!

Congrads !!