PDA

View Full Version : I just want to cry sometimes

StaceyJane
07-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Today I've had the chance to spend some time as Stacey and it feels so right for me. The problem is I know that no matter how much I would love to transition and be stacey I just can't. I have my reasons such as family and job plus my own fears. I have disscussed this at lenght with my therapist and I know I'm not ready and I don't think I will ever be able to take that step out of fear.
As a result there are times that I just want to cry. I feel stuck between male and female. I really don't think my one greatest wish will come true.
I know many of you have overcome the same fears but I don't think I have it in me to come out.

Stacey

Andy66
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Awww... hugs. :(

Maybe some day, a little step at a time.

MJ
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
you have one life sis. but it's not a choice it's who you are. i did not chose to become a woman i just am.

deja true
07-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Aw...Stacy, hun... believe me, we know exactly where you're at right now.

The collected tears from the mass of folks here could prolly fill an Olympic Pool ... every week!

But there's lots of good news here, too. The stories of many, especially recently, are great illustrations of the loosening of the social constarints on our lifestyle. The ability to talk to someone, even virtually through the little box on your lap or on your desk, can bring you friendship and solace to help you see it through to the next bump in the road.

But you're not just needin' a pep talk from our disembodied voices, are you? You also need to make a commitment to yourself to find a way to make your own dreams come true.

We do pep talks real good around here, but the real strength is in yourself. Seek it out ... with the help of friends, or professionals, or the almighty. Like Annie says, one little step at a time...

:)

pamela_a
07-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Stacey, I'm sorry you feel that way. :hugs:

I understand what a challenge it is with family and job concerns. About the only thing I can say is learn to accept and be comfortable with yourself.

I know many of you have overcome the same fears but I don't think I have it in me to come out. I hope in the end it's not fear that stops you from being who you are. Knowing courage isn't always easy to find I have to keep reminding myself of this quote:

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -
-- Ambrose Redmoon

I hope you can find that place where you are at peace with yourself.

-Pam-

TJ Tresa
07-14-2009, 02:22 PM
My dear Stacy Jane, only you can make a dicession like that. I am sorry you feel like crying, but that is a way tht a lot of women deal with problems. So maybe you are closer than you think. In any event I wish you the best and hope your answers come to you, Good luck, Hugs From TJ Tresa.

Veronica_Jean
07-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Stacy Jane,

I suspect each of us has felt the same way. You never know what the future holds. Hang in there and when the need arises, just let it out and have a good cry.

:hugs:

Veronica