PDA

View Full Version : OMG she is accepting!

Teri Jean
07-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Today I was able to take some quality time to visit with a ggf that I have worked with for 18 yrs and tell her about my CDing. We are close and I find her attractive as well as very kind. She works as a softball coach so her schedual and mine are usually at odds with each other but when we do see each other we have fun.
Anyway as we talked she said a number of kind things but the thing that supprised me was she said it wasn't a shock as much as the fact I told her. We talked about the transgender scene and how far was I going to go with my qwest and I told her for now this is it but who knows in the future.
If that lady could accept this tramp I would be the happiest dog on the block, lol. I have heard the accountings of members telling their SO about their CDing and thought some day I would hope there would be someone for me. Are we an item? No but we are and have been friends for longer than most marriages. Do I have a chance? Maybe but the first thing I wanted her to know was where I am and this is it. Now comes the next day, week, month, etc. Time will tell.
I wanted to let you all know step one and hopefully there will be a step two.

Teri Jean

Phyliss
07-14-2009, 03:12 PM
That is so nice. IF and I mean a big "if" life happens and 1+1=2 then there won't be any surprises.

Shelly Preston
07-14-2009, 03:13 PM
I hope this is the start of something wonderful :hugs:

cindym5_04
07-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Why wouldn't she be accepting? She coaches softball!!

JK- yeah bad joke... bad Cindy BAD! :heehee:

Samantha Girl
07-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Congrats Teri Jean! :) That's such a sweet story, I hope it works out for you ;)

EDIT: Cindy... keep being BAD!!! :heeehee:

CD Susan
07-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Teri, I hope this friendship developes into what the both of you want it to be. Being upfront with her about the cd'ing was the right thing to do as I'm sure you are aware. I'm sure she appreciates this and respects you for your honesty. Best of luck to you sis with this new direction in your life.

AllieSummers
07-14-2009, 03:29 PM
I would say that you might have the start of something there.

If I were in your shoes I would ask her out on a date as a guy. If she likes you that way, as a guy, and she already knows about your dressing it could be a good thing.

If she doesn't like you as a guy then she probably isn't going to like you as a girl, but you never know.

The other approach would be to ask her to help you with your dressing. This approach could continue to keep her as a friend and you could have her be a part of your CD life but I wouldn't think it would lead to a romantic relationship.

I guess you just have to decide what is more important to you. To have her as a friend or a significant other.

What is the downside of asking her out? The way I look at it the worst case is she turns you down and you still have a really good friend. Right?

One thing is sure. You will never know until you ask.

Kisses,

Allie

Melissa Rose
07-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Teri, I'm hoping there is a Step 2. Being on the cusp of new love, even if it is only a potential one, is so exciting and heart pounding. I'm so excited for you. Keeping dreaming girl - sometimes those dreams come true.

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-14-2009, 03:33 PM
That is great that your GGF is accepting. I always love to hear that my fellow sisters have happy ending when telling their wives and S/O's. My wife was very accepting when I told her I wanted to CD again a few years ago.I'm femme most of the time now. The only time I'm in guy mode is when I see family and friends,work.Wish you the best of luck.

*HUGGS*

Felicity

dawnmarrie1961
07-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Teri, I wish you the best. Cindy maybe right with her softball remark. If she is indeed an athletic type her interest in your cding may be because of repressed lesbian tendency. She may see you as a safe alternative. This ,in it self, is not a bad thing unless she pushes you into transition before you are ready.

Just take it slow and see what happens.

Trycia
07-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Good for you Teri, hopefully this will lay the foundation for something even better

AllieSummers
07-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Actually I think that Cindy and Dawn are hitting on something here. And Cindy I don't think that was a "bad joke". :)

They say that opposites attract.

My wife was raised up on the construction site, loves to fish, is kinda a tom-boy, country girl, likes earth tones, not much of a dancer, very athletic. She isn't a lebian but she does have some tendencies that are more masculine than other women...not too much but a little.

I on the other hand love to lay out and work on my tan, always wore a Speedo to the beach, bright colors, tight fitting clothes and I love to dance.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

If she is into Softball (not to be too stereotypical here) then she probably is athletic, maybe more of a tom-boy type too. She might really enjoy that soft side of you.

I've found that my wife really loves it when I dress. She doesn't want to lose the strong husband that is a provider and will be there to take care of her but she does like that side of me. As long as I can keep things balanced and be both for her I think our relationship will continue to flourish.

I hope this helps a little...

Kisses,

Allie

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Allie,
I agree with your last post 100 percent. My wife and I have the same type of relationship. She likes my fem side but doesn't want to lose the strong supportive husband.as long as there's a balance she is ok with it. She doesn't wear make up a lot but I wear make up. I like my spaghetti strap tops,short shorts, dresses and skirts,etc but she like to wear just a t shirt and jeans at times. In school she played basketball and field hockey but looking at her you wouldn't think so since she is petite.

Felicity

PS. Like your picture

Teri Jean
07-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Thank you all girls. This lady is a strongpersonality that is as comfortable on the field or at the stables with her horse and very independant around the house. She is also a soft caring person who can hold your hand and cry with you. As far as going out on a date we sorta did by going for a horse back ride, well that was the intent. Let's put it this way her horse and I don't fit together and he made that abundently clear. But in my defense I stayed for the 8 second buzzer before biting the turf. lol on the ground looking up.

Although we have not been able to adjust schedules where we can get out together we will try and still be friends forever. I told her about this web site and suggested she check it out, so if Lori is reading this, thank you with flowing tears.

Teri

Samantha Girl
07-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Allie and Felicity, my girl's similar to yours in that she's a strong woman, blunt, take charge, independent kinda gal. I'm one of those sensitive, artistic types, it works very well :D

Aaaaaaw Teri, very sweet :) sorry about the horse! :p

latitude45
07-14-2009, 09:17 PM
I agree with Allie - Ask your GGF out on a date as a guy. She already knows about your fem side, and is accepting - maybe there can be something between you two.

Good luck! We're all cheering for you ! !