PDA

View Full Version : pretty woman in Heathrow

jenniferj
07-14-2009, 06:26 PM
We have a frequent repeat of the question "should I (as a guy) acknowledge a CD/Tgirl when I see her in public?" I generally say no, but if eye contact happens a nice smile is a sweet thing to do. Here's a good example.

I was in guy-mode moving through Heathrow (London) a couple of weeks ago and got on one of the long up-escalators. Directly in front ( a couple of steps up) of me was a tallish, thin girl who was very much involved with a handsome young man. I happened to notice that her long blond hair was pulled up into a wavy, curly updo that seemed to be help in place with a single butterfly clip. Casually I tried to figure out how she did it (I'd like to do the same thing), but I didn't want to stare. As I started to look away (toward the boyfriend) she turned her face toward him to say something. I noticed then that she had quite a prominent brow ridge (like mine) with carefully shaped, very thin eyebrows. And the tiniest hint of an Adams apple. And quite a deep voice (speaking -I think- German).

I can't stress enough that she was (is) absolutely gorgeous, and that I was probably the only one in the whole airport who knew - I just happened to be in the right place to notice her hair, which led to the rest of the things. As we got off at the top, they stopped for a second and I walked past; she was wearing a black velour pants/hoodie set with a pink tank top underneath (again, I didn't stare). She was showing off quite a bit of cleavage (I know, JJ is a prude) and was not the slightest bit uncomfortable. A minute later I stopped to adjust my carryon/coat/briefcase and they walked past me. I ended up following them for a hundred yards or so since we were heading for the same group of international gates. I noticed that she had a lovely walk, but that the elastic waist of her pants allowed them to slip down over her narrow hips, showing off a very attractive patch of skin in her lower back. And she made a delightful little hop as she pulled them back up.

I passed them one more time as we queued up for the train, but the opportunity for casual eye-contact never happened. I still smiled in her general direction in case she had noticed me being "observant".

I think that she was totally unaware that she had been read, and would have been upset by any sort of "I know what you are-good job"

So, I propose the jj-criterion:

If we see one of ourselves who seems to be beyond worrying about being read, treat her as you would any other girl.

If we see someone who is obviously uncomfortable, a smile and an encouraging word is a nice thing to do.

And if we see one of us who is looking for attention, (drag queen style), it would be rude not to notice and talk to her.

Whatcha think?

-jj

Gerard
07-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Almost sounds like you ran into Kelly van der Veer who became famous as a participant in Big Brother and is now the best known TG woman in the Netherlands. (does the fact that we invented BigBrother say anything about us Dutchmen?)

http://www.johanlindeman.com/images/KL8.jpg

Probably not though.

------------

As to your suggestions, I'd be rather cautious as there are GG women that I would possibly question. Take such obvious examples as Cher. I'd say treat as a woman/man if the present as one.

Nowadays there are lot's of women and men I look at in a new light and I see more how fuzzy the lines between the sexes sometimes is.

Miranda09
07-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Seems like a reasonable set of criteria to me JJ. :)

Teri Jean
07-14-2009, 10:03 PM
JJ I think your story and reflection is right on the mark. Respect and admiration (a kind smile or nod) is all we would like to receive.

Teri

Barbara918
07-15-2009, 08:04 AM
OTOH, the follow-up question is "What if you say/do something to acknowledge a CD, and it turns out she's actually a GG?" Oops!

Jan W
07-15-2009, 09:07 AM
JJ,

I don't know the correct answer to your question but I do know that I very much enjoyed reading your story.

Jan

PaulaJaneThomas
07-15-2009, 09:22 AM
OTOH, the follow-up question is "What if you say/do something to acknowledge a CD, and it turns out she's actually a GG?" Oops!

Depends on the GG. If it was one of our Black Country girls, you probably wouldn't have a chance to say anything before she belted you ;)

Hali
07-23-2009, 05:15 PM
If i ever see any crossdresser within my vicinity i will have to meet them and talk to them i will not let that opportunity pass me by.

I think it depends on how u approach the CD, i have to get her phone number.

Heather Daniels
07-23-2009, 06:12 PM
There is a girl who is TG that lives in my area. She works at a retail shop and I have seen her many times. I've ALWAYS wanted to approach her and tell her that I think it's great that she's living her life as she desires. Unfortunately, I have never had the nerve to do so. I know she would not be uncomfortable having me tell her, but I also think she deserves her privacy too.

milliek
09-08-2009, 10:50 PM
awesome description of the woman..