PDA

View Full Version : Ideas? - Something special to do with wife

jenniferj
07-14-2009, 08:32 PM
My DSW (DearSweetWife - not that horrible place that doesn't sell shoes in jj sizes) is very supportive and understanding, but I sense that it takes effort on her part to be so nice.

I am trying to think of something special that we can do together that she couldn't/wouldn't do with guy-me.

She really isn't into clothes or fashion ( although she is amused that I am), and we already do the local theatre thing as guy-and-wife. Once in a while we (DSW and jj) drive down to NYC for a girl's weekend of theatre, opera, and art museums, so anything along this line would not be a really special thing.

Since I work from home (when I'm not travelling) and she has an hour's commute each way, jj pretty much does all of the housework and most of the cooking. She frequently brings me flowers as the stay-at-home "wifey"

So I'm stumped - what can we do together that will make her glad that she has a multi-gendered spouse?

-jj

JulieP
07-14-2009, 08:35 PM
take her to a spa for a day of pampering.

BTW. what part of ma are you from? i'm originally from Northboro.

Sandra Dunn
07-14-2009, 09:21 PM
One of the things my spouse enjoys is when we go out together with me in butch mode to dinner and or movie.The spe would be a great place too; I must admit I'd have to go with her, love the spa treatment.

HUGS Sandra

sissystephanie
07-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Julie has a great idea to start the day off! But then do the guy thing and take her out for a very romantic dinner and maybe some dancing. Then when you get back home, if you think it is appropiate become Jennifer for her in bed! Always remember, she married a man, not a woman. So continually let her know that you are her man, no matter what you are wearing!

I did that with my late DSW for the entire 49+ years we had together! It really works!! Best of luck to both of you!!:hugs::hugs:

Phyliss
07-15-2009, 03:17 AM
I note where you live. Look into a nice formal dinner on The Cape Cod Dinner Train. I did this about 6 years ago with my DSW and she still talks about it. I think they're still running. If not how about a "getaway" weekend in the Mts. of N.H.
Bring along which ever clothing you want and have fun. I know there is a "dinner train" that operates out of North Woodstock NH. Got my own reservations for the middle of August. Our 38th anniversary.

Angie G
07-15-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm with Julie do the spa thing she'd have to love that Jennifer.:hugs:
Angie

Sarah Doepner
07-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Yep, do the spa and make sure she gets a pedicure. Then when you are back home the next week JJ can do the touchup on the toes to keep that pedicure looking just right. Be sure you either take your own color or know what they use so you can match it properly when you get home.

Maybe later she can do your toes?