PDA

View Full Version : gonna try something new

JulieP
07-14-2009, 11:05 PM
gonna try to sell Kirby vacuums. i went monday for an interview in drab. the interview went well and the girl that interviewed me was real nice and we actually had some girl talk during it. when i asked about dress code she actually started explaining it for a female then switched to what a guy should wear. so i got thinking tonight, it's only a part time job why not go as julie. so wed morning i'll need to find a blouse to go with the pants i have and pick up a nice watch and necklace. i got a walmart, kohls and a target all within a mile of me and 2 hours to find what i need. oh and get some gel insoles for my heels. pretty bold for a girl that just a month and a half ago could barely open the door to go outside. wish me luck.

Julie

oh yea my roommate said the slacks looked real good on me.:D

Greymancd
07-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Wow what an idea I wish you all the best Julie, I hope it goes well for you!

NathalieX66
07-14-2009, 11:17 PM
If Dame Edna can sell M.A.C . cosmetics, and Chris Crocker is the most popular thing on youtube these days , then I say go for it! You may actually get a laugh.
Goeing en femme may actually work in your favor:daydreaming:

JulieP
07-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Goeing en femme may actually work in your favor:daydreaming:

that is what i was thinking.

Aubrey Green
07-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Wow Julie! You picked a tough part time gig. I wish you a thousand sells the first year. At least the shopping can become and tax write off, as a business expense, fun and money back!! Best of luck, girl! :daydreaming:

Persephone
07-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Gopher it, girl!

Kirby's could be a tough sell at the moment, but yeah, I'd say go for it en femme. You can have a good time and hopefully make a few bucks as well. Sounds like a win-win!

Please do let us know how your first day/days as a saleswoman go!

Hugs,
Persephone.

JulieP
07-15-2009, 07:17 AM
well i'm off to get a blouse and some jewlery. if i have time i'll post some pics before i go to work. :battingeyelashes:

Julie

Sarah_new
07-15-2009, 07:35 AM
That is a very bold and brave decision Julie. I wish you the best of luck and please let us know how it went.

TGMarla
07-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Kirbys are sold door to door with in-home demonstrations in front of potential customers. You're going to do this en femme?

I wish you the best of luck, but that's going to be a tough row to hoe.

Angie G
07-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Hay you go girl wishing you the best Julie.:hugs:
Angie

Chari
07-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Good for you - selling in femme! What a great way to "practice your girl skills"! After contacting most of these clients, even if they do "buy", you will probably never see them again, unless there is a transaction problem! Be certain to wear some comfortable shoes - & maybe Leggs shear energy PH. Thanx for sharing this great idea!

Teresa Ann
07-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Good luck Julie you are taking on a big task selling door to door keep a positive out look it WILL be hard at first but your first sale will come. Keep us posted, Teresa

JulieP
07-15-2009, 08:27 AM
thank you and i know it will be hard but if they accept me then i will do my best to be the best sales woman they have.

BTW I LOVE KOHL'S. the SA's were the friendliest i have ever come across. 2 of them helped me pick out a nice blouse and the jewlery SA was as nice as can be. i will always shop there.

Julie

tracigirl_tv
07-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Bold indeed, gf. You go with your bad self! ^5

All the best!!

xxx

Traci

JulieP
07-15-2009, 09:43 AM
i posted a new pic in the pic section.

JulieP
07-15-2009, 04:07 PM
I did get some looks when i showed up but nothing bad. the girl doing the training actually interviewed me on monday. we had to stand and tell out names and a breif something about ourselves. when i stood up i told them my male name but preffered to be called julie. then everyone said hello julie. well during our break i did apologise for the surprise and she said i took her some time to remember who i was and that i looked great. another girl was a bit upset only cause we had on the same blouse and that i looked better on me. it was totally positive but i won't be working for them. i need insurance and they don't provide it (mostly for my son).

so for those that might be afraid to just leave your house. just hold your head high and do it. people are becomming more and more accepting every day.

TGMarla
07-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi. I saw your other thread, too, about the car breaking down. Was this all on the same day? That's an eventful day, especially in that new pretty blouse. But I'm wondering....you initially interviewed in male mode, and showed up in female mode, and it was all good. The person in charge was impressed, and you didn't take the job because of insurance. I'm guessing that the subject of benefits had not come up yet in the initial contact interview when you were in male mode.

Are you transitioning, Julie? If you are, and I missed the posts, I apologize. But if you're not, and you simply crossdress and have such a strong femme personality that you felt you needed to go to work as a woman.....Well, I'm wondering if your showing up like that was just a bit too much for them, and the whole thing went south.

I don't mean to be cynical about it all, really. Our own TamaraV goes to work every day en femme, and has made quite a life of it so far. If it was all about benefits, and they would otherwise have handed you the position, then props to them and you as well. It's a mighty step forward. But I think most people, and I mean 99.9% of them, aren't ready to accept an openly transgendered non-TS crossdresser into their midst (dressed), especially in a work environment. I could be wrong about that, but I think I'm not.

Anyway, I wish you well in your endeavors. And if you manage to get a job working en femme, and it all works out for you real well, then I'll be very happy for you. Good luck!

JulieP
07-15-2009, 07:33 PM
i interviewed and a guy and i actually forgot to ask about benefits. when i showed up as julie they were very accepting and i had the job as long as i wanted it. but i have to provide medical for my on for 2 more years so i had to turn it down.

as for transitioning, yes i feel that is my path as i am uncomfortable mentally and phyically portraying a male. i actually decided last night that i no longer want to put on a male mask. i am not on any hormones yet but hopefully will soon. this isn't a joke or some game for me and i have thought about this (pros and cons) for quite some time. it will be tough but i feel that if i don't i will mentally tear myself apart.

Julie

TGMarla
07-15-2009, 07:57 PM
As a person who has dealt with these same issues all my life, it's easy for me to see how one gets to that point. There were times when the desire to transition and live as a woman was very strong. Now my path lies elsewhere. You've come to a crossroads, I guess, and chose your road. I wish you well on the journey. May it go as well as Suzy's is so far. Best of luck to you.

Teresa Macaw
07-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Thinik I'd do something else, hard to sell them in a down economy. My dad tried & my ex did too, not much luck!

denise-x
07-15-2009, 09:17 PM
I tried to sell Kirby Vacs some 40 years ago. So I guess it's good y didn't go ahead with it. The good thing is that you have started the first step to transition. Before you you can fully transists you must live at least a full year completely en femme.

I wish you the best of wishes and happyness on your joourney to a new life.

Love, Hugs and Kisses

Jenny Brown
07-16-2009, 08:21 PM
i interviewed and a guy and i actually forgot to ask about benefits. when i showed up as julie they were very accepting and i had the job as long as i wanted it. but i have to provide medical for my on for 2 more years so i had to turn it down.

You want to start a job and immediately have insurance provided?
Yeahhh Right...good luck with that.

JulieP
07-16-2009, 09:25 PM

well the insurance is court ordered so yea i can get insurance from day one. maybe not for me but i can for my son who is far more important to me.

Jenny Brown
07-17-2009, 09:41 AM
well the insurance is court ordered so yea i can get insurance from day one. maybe not for me but i can for my son who is far more important to me.
ummmm, that's not the employer's problem. You're going to have a very hard time finding an employer who will provide ins. from day one. If you're not working now, what ins. do you have?

JulieP
07-17-2009, 10:14 AM
me and my son are covered till the end of the month from my last job.

Joni Marie Cruz
07-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Good for you, Julie. I know you will just rock, you have a great personality and a positive attitude. Get out there and sell, sell, sell.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Jeanna
07-17-2009, 04:45 PM
You really have guts girl! It must have been a rush! I'll toast you right now with a beer:drink:
Hugs,,,Jeanna

CD Susan
07-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Julie, I wish you the best in whatever you end up doing. You are very brave and can see that you have a strong determination to succeed in what you want to accomplish. I agree with the insurance aspect of accepting a job offer. I am retired and without any medical insurance. Luckily the Veterans Administration provides medical care to me free of charge.

Mistybtm
07-17-2009, 06:17 PM

where i work it starts the day you do, so there are some companies that do it.

Ronda43
07-18-2009, 07:57 AM
I am a Mary Kay beauty consultant and it works for me. I belong to a ladies networking group with never a problem. It makes me feel so accepted. Good luck in whatever you do. You go girl.

Luv Ronda

trannie T
07-18-2009, 05:19 PM
so for those that might be afraid to just leave your house. just hold your head high and do it. people are becomming more and more accepting every day.

Very true, your attitude is the most important thing when going out.

I wish you success, Julie, in whatever field you choose.:love:

Jenny Brown
07-18-2009, 06:15 PM
where i work it starts the day you do, so there are some companies that do it.

Maybe...but a job selling vacuum cleaners? I don't think so.