PDA

View Full Version : Mirror, mirror

Cathy J
07-15-2009, 05:59 AM
Does anyone else see their mother looking back at them when you are dressed and made-up. Wow! It's like a flash-back. I know I have my Mom's legs, but now it seems like the whole picture.

Am I weird or what?

Hugs,

Dressing Jill
07-15-2009, 06:05 AM
My mother died in in 1960. So I don't have any pictures to compare to.

However My 90yr old grandmother says I look just like my mother.

Gisele
07-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Yes, I can see alot of my mother in me when in guy mode. When I get all dressed up and I can really see her in the mirror. I just wish I had her real D's built in though.:daydreaming:

KarenCDFL
07-15-2009, 09:37 AM
What a great topic!

Yes, very much so. My mom and I share alot of the physical features except of course as the last person posted her huge chest! Always was jealous!

My wife always tell me I look just like her too.

RIP Mom! Love You and Miss You, Always.

Sarah Doepner
07-15-2009, 09:45 AM
My wife tells me I look a lot like my mother, and for that I thank her.

Then she tells me my nose is too big. And for that I just have to laugh, because it's true.

NancyTO
07-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Don't see much of my mother. See a bit of my sister though.

Deb The Brunette
07-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Nah I'm better looking than my mum (her words but I agree lol) but I do tell her I have better legs

Marisa_M
07-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Absolutely!

I have always admired my mother's beauty, elegance and femininity and she was my role model. From my very first times of dressing, when I used her clothing and makeup I felt amazed how I looked like her.

And I'm so glad for that!:love:

PaulaSF
07-15-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm with Nancy, I often "see" my younger sister's face reflecting back in the mirror. At least she was the cuter of my two sisters :D

Esp. with light/minimal makeup, as for outdoor/sporty activites & daytime outings. Bunch o' MAC products seem to reduce the similarity LOL

cheers,
Paula

DianneRoberts
07-15-2009, 11:20 AM
I look at LOT like my little sister when I'm dressed. A LOT !

carhill2mn
07-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Yes, I seem to look a lot like my mother. I have a photo or two where I think that it is she in the photo. Even in "drab" my ex-wife said that I looked and talked liked my mother and had many of her mannerisms.

Mandy Burgundy
07-15-2009, 11:43 AM
I have some traits from my Sister, and my Mother. :)

Lorileah
07-15-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't see it. Maybe it's just me though. I am tall and my mom is short. She sis love heels and looking feminine so I get that. But I don't think I look like her I will have to compare pictures ( I think I look like the milkman)

Ms Mira
07-15-2009, 01:05 PM
I look exactly like my mother, even when I'm not dressed... Though fortunately I haven't seen her reflection in the mirror when I am dressed. I probably just need to notice it once, though, and then I won't be able to stop noticing it. THANKS CATHY J.

MWCMDarlene
07-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Not me. If anything, I look lik what my dad would probably look like if he were to CD (scream at the thought of such a thing). At best, I might look like my grandfother on my mother's side. That's as close as I can ever get.

Deb The Brunette
07-15-2009, 02:42 PM
( I think I look like the milkman)

:rofl::rofl:

cindym5_04
07-15-2009, 02:44 PM
If I looked like either my mom or my sister, I'd have to pick one of two choices:

1) Kill myself
2) Completely give up crossdressing forever

Fortunately, I look completely different when I dress. In fact, I look better as a woman than either of them... and no, I'm not just being cocky.

Annette_boy
07-15-2009, 02:46 PM
It has long been said that boys look like there mom's when dressed like girls true here too
Hugs Annette

rebecca_morris_75
07-15-2009, 02:57 PM
I have the exact same facial features as my Mom did. There's a picture of her in high school with her hair a bit shorter, and she looked exactly like I do now. That's not to say she looked masculine in the least, our facial structure is/was identical. Sometimes when I look in the mirror while dressed I think I look a lot like her which is kind of sad since she passed away.

Last Halloween was the first time my wife had seen me completely dressed, and from the back she said I looked exactly like my sister :)

PaulaJaneThomas
07-15-2009, 05:06 PM
I think I inherited the wrinkly skin on my neck from the family tortoise.

Teri Jean
07-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Thankfully no, that would be to weird.lol

Teri

BLUE ORCHID
07-15-2009, 06:14 PM
When I have my long blond wig and glasses on and look in the mirror
I just want to say hi mom.
With one of my brown wigs on sometimes I can see my sister.
I guess we don't need a DNA test.
.................................................. ........thanks.....ORCHID

TSchapes
07-15-2009, 06:35 PM
I was always told I looked like my mom, and when I saw younger pictures of her you could really see it.

-Tracy

Gabrielle Hermosa
07-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Does anyone else see their mother looking back at them when you are dressed and made-up. Wow! It's like a flash-back.

HELLO NO!!! :eek:

I love my mother, but she was not a very attractive woman. I don't look a thing like her (not even in her younger years before I was born) and DO NOT WANT TO.

I thank God that I do not resemble her when I'm en femme. If I did, I probably wouldn't dress up. lol

To you lucky girls who's mothers were a bit more attractive, I'm sure it's a welcome reminder of years past. But not in my case.

julia ann
07-15-2009, 07:12 PM
I have never seen my mother looking back,but, if my sister were to become a blonde we could pass as identicle twins. love julia

AmandaM
07-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Oh God, I'd have to go change back to drab clothes!

AllieSummers
07-15-2009, 09:31 PM
No. I don't look a bit like my mother. I actually look a lot like my oldest daughter. :)

I recently came out to her and she actually did my makeup before we went out clubbing one night. I know, that probably sounds weird too.

Everyone said we looked a lot like each other. I told her that we do have a resemblance but she is way prettier. I didn't want to her to thinks she looked too much like a 44 year old guy in a wig. :)

Kisses,

Allie

Barbara Dugan
07-15-2009, 09:50 PM
I think I got more of my mothers body...I got three sisters they all look a little bit different from each other, the thing is when I dress I have features of each of one of them.. sometimes I look like a Fourth sister

Celeste
07-16-2009, 09:04 AM
There are many physical traits I inherited from my mother,my legs and body type,I've noticed that my facial features and skin tone seem to come from my great grandmother however.

dawnmarrie1961
07-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Cathy , I'm glad you brought this up.
The answer is "Yes". Isn't that totally bizarre?!!!:eek:
It must be a Freudian thing or something.Sometimes when I look in the mirror it shocks me how much I look like her when she was my age.

I look more like her than any of my sisters do!!!!

This was in on way intentional on my part.

It just happened!!!!:eek:

Welcome to the world of the totally bizarre!!!:devil:

Joanne Curl
07-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow! Good thread. I never thought I looked the least bit like my mother until I bought the wig in my avatar. When I looked in the mirror the resemblance to my mother was amazing. I have always had blond or light hair but my Mom was a brunette. I always thought she was pretty. She was always dressed nice, never sloppy-just the way I like to dress. Maybe I'm more like her than I thought.
Joanne

"Mary"
07-16-2009, 01:58 PM
My daughter looks like my mother. Every Halloween (Dressed for everyone to see) my mother says I look like her younger sister. I'd agree.

Melissa Rose
07-16-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't look like my mother. I've been told I look like a taller version of my sister. My favorite wig is in a style similar to her hair and I didn't realize it until the reflection in the mirror took me by surprise. I would settle for looking half as good as my sister because she is gorgeous.

iwearstockings
07-16-2009, 02:17 PM
yes in a couple of my pics I do look a bit like my mum which is a bit strange....
lets not think about that too much eh?!

Princess Chantal
07-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Nope, it's not my mom I see in the mirror..... It's more like what the teenaged me had envisioned my sister would have looked like once she became an adult..... I guess the image got confused and followed me instead of her.

Roxi Loh
07-16-2009, 03:40 PM
No, but I had a red wig that I had to give up because I looked so much like my sister it was scary. She had beautiful red hair. Sometimes now I think I look like my dad in drag lol.

cdterri
07-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Without a doubt! If I had hair on my head we would be twins.

Deb The Brunette
07-18-2009, 01:31 AM
I don't even cast a reflection in my mirrors