PDA

View Full Version : Interesting question ...

Barbara918
07-15-2009, 07:59 AM
...or, at least I thought so when someone asked me this not long ago. So I'd like to ask all of you: "Are you the only CD in your family?" (As far as I know, I am.)

MiraM
07-15-2009, 08:11 AM
As far as I know, I am the first and only in my family to have any type of Gender issues. I am also the first and only in the family (that I know of) to have drug abuse problems, depression problem, to be a cutter....Sometimes being first isn't all it's cracked up to be.

LisaM
07-15-2009, 09:13 AM
I think I am the only one with gender issues in my family.

jenniferj
07-15-2009, 10:18 AM
I know for a fact that my father crossdressed, although I don't think he knew that I knew. We certainly never discussed it. I remember one time when I was a teenager that my mother was really upset that one of us had been in her undies drawer but she didn't know which (It was probably both of us). She just ranted at the wind, and Dad and I each tried to make believe that we didn't know what she was talking about. It's rather funny in retrospect, but it was rather rude of each of us to have been there in the first place. There was a lot less public knowledge and acceptance then (late 60s) and I'm sure that we each thought that we were pretty much the only ones in the world that did such things.

To add to the genetic hypothesis, my Dad's twin sister is a lesbian (again, never ackowledged or discussed), and my Older sister's (whose clothes I secretly borrowed when we were young) son and his young man are one of the lucky gay couples who were married in California before the prop8 silliness.

It seems to run in the family, although I have seen no real sign of any such traits in my now-adult children.

-jj

Marisa_M
07-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I also knew that my father crossdressed and when I was a child I found an old photo of him "en femme". I have never talked with him about it so I don't know if he did it just once or he was a regular crossdresser.
But in that photo he was perfectly dressed and made up so I think that wasn't just once.

I have read in an article that there are many chances that a transgendered father can have a transgender son due to genetic reasons.

Joni Marie Cruz
07-15-2009, 11:02 AM
I have a brother who's gay, does that count? He knows about me and we have gone out together along with his life partner. Oh, I was enfemme, of course. As far as I know he wouldn't be caught dead wearing girl clothes, he's kinda butch.

Hugs...Joni Mari

reneedtg
07-15-2009, 11:27 AM
I think I am the only one, but....years ago I saw a photo of my father at a party wearing a wig. Now whether that was a one time incident or the tip of something more, I don't know.

Oh, and just to stretch this a bit further...I have seen a photo of my oldest son in drag. He says it was just a college prank, but one day as I was sorting some laundry for him on a trip home I found some femme lingerie in there. Maybe there is a "genetic" component to all of this??

Lorileah
07-15-2009, 11:31 AM
I have a brother who's gay, does that count? He knows about me and we have gone out together along with his life partner. Oh, I was enfemme, of course. As far as I know he wouldn't be caught dead wearing girl clothes, he's kinda butch.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Joni, you live my life! My brother's partner is uncomfortable around me when I am dressed but has no problem when I am male. My brother doesn't care either way and we have a great time together.

As to the family thing, no one I know of but CD's do tend to keep it hidden

PetiteDuality
07-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Well, it's like asking, "are you the only person in your family who is member of a secret society" :D

Most crossdressers (including me) are and plan to be in the closet. It's not easy to know. And as I learned from this forum, almost anyone could be a CD. We just have no idea.

But as far as I know, I'm the only one.

Bethany38
07-15-2009, 12:43 PM
As a matter of fact I am not the only one in my family who is, or has cross dressed. As I have mentioned once or twice before my Grandfather was a CD. I am named after him. No one in my family cares to talk about this though. Even though I haver never met the man(he was murdered before my birth) I feel a connection to him. I wish he could have lived in todays time where he would have the opportunities that we have now.

Melissa Rose
07-15-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm the only one to the best of my knowledge. Since many CDs are still closeted, I would not be totally surprised if there was another one lurking in my family tree; however, I have not seen any tell tale signs or indicators of anyone going beyond the occasional, private wearing of the wife's panties.

TJ Tresa
07-15-2009, 12:57 PM
I think so, if not none of the family has come out to me nor I to them.

Rachel05
07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
As far as I know I am yes but if you asked any of the others they wouldn't know about me (other than my wife)

Evelyn
07-15-2009, 01:08 PM
There are some fascinating answers to this question...Fathers and Grandfathers, it really does make you wonder about a genetic link.

As for me, I have a brother who is gay and very masculine, and two other brothers who are, I think,as straight as you can be. However, they do not know about me, so do I really know about them?

As has been said, you just cannot tell who is and who is not.

Stay safe

Tess
07-15-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm the only one so far as I know but that leaves a lot of private lives unexplored. My brother and father did not have any female clothing in their possession when they passed away. That I know from helping with cleaning out their closets and dressers.

Fondew2004
07-15-2009, 01:24 PM
As far as I know I am....but two of my siblings are openly gay.

Wonder if that counts???

Christina Horton
07-15-2009, 01:32 PM
No funnily enough. My Uncle under dresses all the time. He also wears night gowns to bed , but he has no want to dress as a woman. LOL , if he did and told my mom who knows about me and him (oh) my sister is gay so we have allot here. My uncle is my mom brother not my dads bro. My mom hates it but she does not treat us different she just does not want to talk about or see (in my case) it. But at least she does not hate us because of it.

Carly D.
07-15-2009, 04:56 PM
I hope I am the only cross dresser.. the only reason I say this is because of the feelings I've had since the beginning.. truth is I like to think that I am comfortable with my dressing but I can't say for sure that I am.. at times I am quite at ease with my dressing but I still feel like telling anyone in the family would be paramount to castration on my part.. not castration in the sexual organs meaning but in what I would consider the catastrophic sense of my existence in the family as a whole.. different is looked down upon more so than I thought.. another brother cross dressing?? highly unlikely.. really can't see my older brother doing this because he is uneasy with getting certain items of clothing for his wife still.. my little brother did wear a dress to work last year as a cancer awareness type of thing.. really doubt he dresses up because he only wore a dress.. no hose.. no heels.. no makeup...

NovaScotia
07-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Just as it is with many of you, I suffered most of my life thinking I was alone and very not normal. With the internet availability, I found this forum (thank God!) and received much excellent advice and great confidants. One of the suggestions I followed up on was finding a TRI-ESS organization to join. The nearest chapter is 360 miles away, but I got I online to join, only to find my brother (sister) as the contact person for joining! The rest of the story is both happy and sad, and will be jointly published by both of us in the TRI-ESS publications sometime in the future.

Gerard
07-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Possible but not very likely.

I've posted about an interesting medical effect a while back where men with older brothers are 5 times more likely to be gay, which would suggest some kind of effect in the maternal womb or body during pregnancy. I guessed there that transgenderism might be caused by similar effects. From the posts here, it looks like there might also be a genetic effect, interesting.

Teri Jean
07-15-2009, 05:23 PM
As far as I know I am the only one but I do have a nephew who is gay. He does know I CD and is very supportive.

Teri

trannie T
07-15-2009, 05:26 PM
I went to a family reunion a couple of years ago, we have become a fairly diverse family with American Indians, Hawaiians, African Americans, a lesbian couple and one crossdresser. The crossdresser went in drab and has only told his brother about his crossdressing.

Christina89
07-15-2009, 07:20 PM
as far as i kno i am the only crossdresser in my family.

Samantha Girl
07-15-2009, 07:51 PM
As far as I know I'm the only one, but my family's great at keeping secrets ;) Come to think of it I haven't heard of anyone in my family being gay which is, based on the odds, not possible. Yeah, we're good at keepin secrets :p

Now I am totally wondering who else is a cross dresser in my family, I need to know! :p You don't understand, Irish! Giant XXXXen family! :heehee:

AlannahNorth
07-15-2009, 08:54 PM
To the best of my knowledge I'm the only crossdresser in my immediate family. If I were to take it further than that, I've never even met most of my relatives - so who knows...

geri-tg.
07-15-2009, 09:02 PM
I THINK i AM THE ONLY ONE BUT WHAT IS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS?

Chryl
07-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Well, I think my father was or wanted to be, my son is transitioning into another daughter, my youngest daughter is a lesbian and my oldest daughter says she is straight...there is always one in every family.

claire_hollinger
07-15-2009, 09:16 PM
my oldest brother and my baby brother are both gay, and i am a crossdresser...sad thing is that mom found out about me long before either of them.

PetiteDuality
07-15-2009, 09:41 PM
It would be funny to find out some related forum members posting in this thread claiming to be the only ones in their families...

Missy
07-15-2009, 09:43 PM
as far as i know i am the only one i my family lucky me the best of both worlds

nvlady
07-15-2009, 10:26 PM
I am positive this trait is genetic.
My father had a sexual deviation, I am a CD, and the only other member of my family is my older brother who as far as I know is completely straight but since we tend to stay in the closet may even be a member of this forum.

Monique_Lynn
07-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Hi all,
Not the only one, have an uncle that was a dresser, he passed away many years ago.
Found old black and white photos of him(in the 1940s) dressed when cleaning out the house after my aunt passed. Must say he looked pretty good. I have one framed and keep it on my dresser.
Moni

Amy Lynn3
07-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Yep !! I'm the only one. Guess I'm just lucky that way. Can't help it if they do not want to enjoy themselves like me.

Jenniferpl
07-18-2009, 08:46 AM
I am the only one in my family that I am aware of.

Laura_Stephens
07-18-2009, 09:13 AM
As far as I know, I am the only CD amongst many siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.

TxKimberly
07-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Nope, I'm not! My mother told me not long before she died, that an uncle of mine had also cross dressed. This explained a lot of things to me. You see, he died when I was far too young to remember him, but my older sister and brother spoke very fondly of him and clearly adored him. The thing is I could never figure out why my grandmother seemed uncomfortable when he was mentioned. Turns out he was wearing some things he shouldn't have been wearing the day he unexpectedly died and my grandmother helped to get them off him before the ambulance got there. My brother and sister do not know any of this, my mother shared it with me because of what I am.
Also, a few years ago a much younger cousin of mine went full time in Las Vegas. So - I know there are/were at least three of us!

Honeygirl
07-18-2009, 10:28 AM
I think I am the only one. I think rumour or in-jokes with a wink of the eye would have told me as I was growing up around my family if there was anyone else CD. Of course it could have been a well kept secret but I doubt it.

Hugs
Honey

Samantha43
07-18-2009, 10:31 AM
As far as I know, I am the only one in my family.

sometimes_miss
07-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Well, it's like asking, "are you the only person in your family who is member of a secret society" :D

Most crossdressers (including me) are and plan to be in the closet. It's not easy to know. And as I learned from this forum, almost anyone could be a CD. We just have no idea.

But as far as I know, I'm the only one.

Same here. I think it's a rather odd question. I dressed regularly when I was living at home when I was growing up, and yet when I told my mom and my sister, neither had any idea. Two things contribute; we go to great lengths to guard our secret, and people aren't always as observant of us as we think them to be.

DianeDeBris
07-19-2009, 01:35 AM
As the years move along I continue to find out more and more things about my entire extended family, in a vast range of arenas, so while I don't have any actual knowledge of another CD in the bunch the only thing that would prevent it is the small number of males in my generation (and sorry to be limiting my comment to us MtF types). Am I right in understanding that roughly 3-4% of the male population CD's at least in private?

On another point, Nova Scotia wrote:

The nearest chapter is 360 miles away, but I got I online to join, only to find my brother (sister) as the contact person for joining!

Hi Nova -- I, too, am "SE of Yellowstone" -- Cheyenne, to be precise - if you're going to be at a TSK function anytime soon, or visiting down in this corner of the state, please do drop me a note and maybe we can get together for lunch.

Hugs, Diane

Jacquie
07-19-2009, 03:13 AM
I agree and really that's all part of the attraction.

dawnmarrie1961
07-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Does anyone else in my family cross dress? I don't really know. Judging from the reaction of most of my family, Mom, Dad, Brothers and Sisters it's a touchy subject. So I can't ask them.

(There is oldest brother, which no one in my family wants to talk about. It's like he never existed at all.)
I do remember my oldest brother, may he rest in peace, did take birth control pills but I thought it was just an attempt to get high on something at the time. That was back in the 60s . He was always smoking pot and drinking beer. He went wild in the 60s which caused a lot of family problems.

When I think back about him. I can't help but wonder.

He was artistic, very intelligent, strong and athletic and a real babe magnet. He always used to call me a "fag" when we were among his friends but always apologized to me in private. He was a good person.

He was also my "best man" at my wedding. But the day before the ceremony he pleaded with me. " Donnie, do you really think you are doing the right thing?" Like he knew. He was going to kidnap me that night and drive me down to another state so I would miss the wedding. He was separated from his own wife at that time. I don't know why. He never told me. I convinced him that I honestly "loved" my intended and wanted to go through with the wedding. "Ok. If that's what you want." he said. He was as good as his word ,respected my choice and stood up with he at my wedding in true best man form.

There were a few weird circumstances that surrounded my wedding. It had to be an outdoor wedding, because for some reason the church won't allow it inside. The minister that performed the ceremony actually had to be ordered to do so by a higher church authority.

Regardless of all that it turned out to be a wonderful wedding on a summer day with a beautiful bride . My brother made his necessary speech before the toast to the bride and groom.

Two weeks later, while I was on my honeymoon he died in a motorcycle accident. I'll never forget how I felt the life get sucked out of me when the state police came to tell me what had happened. I had an emotional break down during the wake and cried like a little girl. It wasn't until I saw him there in the casket that I actually believed that he was gone. I remember hearing another man in the funeral parlor who was actually crying the same way I was. I don't know who he was and couldn't see him because my family quickly took me outside so I could compose myself. I helped carry my brother's coffin up the steep hill to be buried on a hill over looking Binghamton New York.
In hindsight I can't help but think that "If" he was going through the same things I was, he never let on, never thought to ask for help. I know he died in an accident and I shouldn't feel guilty or dwell on it. I can't help but feel awful sometimes that he didn't feel He could talk to me. It weighs heavy on my heart.

But it also makes me determined not to make that mistake with my own son.

I don't know if my own son is cross dressing in secret. I do know that he has been caught with his sister's, mother's or my panties from time to time. But I think that is just a typical male arousal thing. He says he likes the way the material feels against his skin. I even offered to buy him a package of his own panties if he wants. He smiled knowing that I understood. But declined the offer so I bought them anyway because we don't like the idea of sharing our underwear with him. That's a sanitary issue.

If he asks me a question about myself. I give him an honest and straightforward answer.

I know it bothers him that his mother and me can't be together. I reassure him constantly that "We are still a family." and I will always be there for him no matter what.

He seems like a normal well adjusted, considering what he had to go through with me, north American male. He calls himself a "Cowboy" and likes to wear all that western stuff.

Problem is: You never really know.
You just have to be there. Ready just in case to offer support.
That's what being a father is all about. Being there. Regardless!

Susan Dee
07-23-2009, 10:51 AM
I fall into the response given by most others, and as far as I know I am the only CD in my immediate family.

There is a distant cousin that family gossip suggests his marriage broke up because of his CDing, but I guess that probably doesn't count as a definite.

I often look round at family gatherings to see if I can spot any telltale signs, and then wonder if maybe there is someone who is looking at me :heehee:

Carole Cross
07-23-2009, 12:19 PM
As far as I know, I am the only transgender in my family but I have never met many of my relatives on my father's side, so who knows. He did have eleven brothers and sisters, one or two have passed away. I do not know of any gays or lesbians in the family either.

Jaclyn NM
07-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Well, I have one brother and one sister, and as far as I know, I'm the only crossdresser.

Kate Lynn
07-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Yes I am,and I'm treated like a parriah because of my difference.

flic
07-23-2009, 02:50 PM
I don't know much of my family really,,,and i never heard anything about any tg relatives or anything even close. I can only hope that if any of them are,,,,they've not suffered because of it.
flic xx

Miranda09
07-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Do GG sisters count?? :D But seriously, as far as I know, I have no other male relatives who CD, but then again, I don't see much of them so.....:idontknow:

Angelofsomekind
07-23-2009, 05:13 PM
I think my cousin may enjoy it as well, but I don't know for sure. As far as I know that's all.

KarenEdwards
07-26-2009, 05:15 PM
I think my great uncle was a crossdresser. It took years to figure that out but, when I was around 5 years old, I was visiting my grandmother and, as she was reading to me that night, I asked if I could wear a pair of "silk pants" or panties. I had done it before, using my mother's lingerie but, even at that age, I was smart enough not to let her know. Anyway, my grandmother went to Uncle Bud's room (he had already gone to bed) and came out with a pair of panties and a slip and said I could wear them to bed when I visited. I remember asking what Uncle Bud would say if he saw me in those clothes and she said that he wouldn't say anything. Today, I realize they were his lingerie, not my grandmother's!

wetlook crossdresser
07-26-2009, 07:18 PM
So to answer this question I'll be brief (pantie?) for a change: Yes
Cheers!:)
Chris

gretchen2
07-26-2009, 08:20 PM
My seventy year old uncle dresses, but I do not know how far he takes it. I know that he wears womans clothes but I am not sure about makeup and bras and all the other cool stuff that goes with it.

CharlotteW
07-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Am I the only CD in my family? No it seems I am not on my own here. My 6 (nearly 7) year old boy has been taking his sisters swimsuit for many months now and just a few days ago whilst shopping in Marks & Spencers he asked us for a swimsuit of his own. We agreed to let him have one because he would have continued to take his sisters and allowing him to take items without consent would be akin to condoning it.
The first swimsuit he chose was light pink and white stripes, like his sisters. Later he changed his mind and opted for a darker pink swimsuit.
He asked for some black tights which were also on display but we gave him the choice, swimsuit or tights, he stayed with the swimsuit.